Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2021 (April 15-18, 2021) - Now Virtual Only

I’m in for Kessel+Rival Run. My first Star Wars weekend. Now I just hope this actually happens.

I am shocked that the 5K is still open. I’m trying to resist.
Me too! I can't really afford to go down there for it. Going in the summer of 2021 for at least 10 maybe 15 days.

Me three. I just keep telling myself how much happier I'll be not needing to wake up early 3 days in a row...

Honestly, if I knew Marathon weekend would be cancelled I would sign up for it.

Had a mare - had 4 x 5k and the Kessel Run Challenge (10k, Hm and virtual) in bsket - failed at checkout for kessel, after notification on phone of CC payment. Got in for HM and Virtual on separate session and teh 4 x5k, but missed the 10k

will i be able to upgrade my HM and virtual to the challenge incl 10k next week ?

After getting shut out of Doepy, I was pretty nervous, but...

I'M IN! I'M I'M IN, I'M IN!!!!!!!!! Challenge + 5K - legacy status protected. Phew!

At 9:52ish I had 3 tabs queueing in Incognito over WiFi, two in non-Incognito, plus my cell phone on AT&T data via Safari (I started refreshing all, one by one, at 9:35): one of the non-Incognito tabs got through first, about 10:03, and I used it to get the Challenge. By the time I finished, one of the Incognito tabs got through, so I took it as a sign from my Imperial Commander and used it for the 5K. Dark Side for all three, natch. :darth:

I’m in for Kessel+Rival Run.
We are too! But unlike you, we still plan to sleep in on 5k morning. I got into registration first, so I signed both DH and myself up before his computer got past the queue. We had one computer, with one browser open each and decided ahead of time that whoever got in first would sign both up. That way, both got in or neither got in, unlike Goofy where he got in (with a “perfect” link), and I didn’t. (It sold out before I got in on AP day, and on regular registration day I only got the half after Goofy sold out again when I submitted and it sent me back to the queue.)
So I was excited to get registered without problems today!!!

We are too! But unlike you, we still plan to sleep in on 5k morning. I got into registration first, so I signed both DH and myself up before his computer got past the queue. We had one computer, with one browser open each and decided ahead of time that whoever got in first would sign both up. That way, both got in or neither got in, unlike Goofy where he got in (with a “perfect” link), and I didn’t. (It sold out before I got in on AP day, and on regular registration day I only got the half after Goofy sold out again when I submitted and it sent me back to the queue.)
So I was excited to get registered without problems today!!!
Nice! Hope to see you guys there!

This race weekend is over 8 months away and they've gone forward with registrations for Princess and Marathon Weekend already. Not sure why this registration would be a surprise or shock.
It's Colleges closing for the semester and schools not reopening till January at the earliest. As far as things returning to normal I wouldn't count it.

It's Colleges closing for the semester and schools not reopening till January at the earliest. As far as things returning to normal I wouldn't count it.
Not really the place to debate this. However I will say that’s not the case everywhere. Everyone has their own opinions on what is right or wrong right now. rD has shown they are moving forward with registrations. If they need to cancel when it comes to that they will and we may see virtual options like with Wine and Dine.

Colleges and schools are not cancelling their plans to reopen in 8 months, they’re cancelling their plans to reopen now, based on the conditions that exist now. It‘s completely apples and oranges.

As was previously mentioned, in order to have the race weekend they have to register and plan well in advance. If you register now, conditions can be assessed as the race approaches and it can be cancelled, if need be. If you don’t register now (or close to now), there is no chance of a race weekend, even if conditions improve.

I don’t think many people expect things to return 100% to normal. That means we find a way to do things differently and safely in the future as conditions improve, not that we abandon things entirely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter