Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help me out. I’m trying to find a photo of what the chain for the droid backpack should look like. The one that keeps a BB units head attached.

Bought one from a reseller as a Christmas gift, to have for our post holiday trip, and I can’t fathom how the chain is supposed to attach/it looks like the chain may be missing something. If anyone can help me out, it would be appreciated!

Thanks!!
This is what ours looks like.
I had trouble trying to clasp the chain to our BB’s head while in SWGE, so I gave up. Probably a good thing since DS kept taking it out of the backpack to hold his BB anyway. It’s head did fall to the ground a couple times, but surprisingly no scratches!458917

They have changed the packaging to make it harder to find so you will likely just be luck of the draw.

I personally would like to buy a few different ones. I really want Obi-wan. I have Luke (the Grumpy Luke version) There is too much in the Star Wars area that I would like to purchase. So I'm going to have to keep a tighter grip on the budget next time. And in the Star wars Section, It is really, REALLY HARD.

Has anyone run into an issue with their Droid Depot or Savi’s reservation conflicting with their ROTR boarding Group? I could see getting hung up in a ROTR BG causing you to miss your DD or Savi reservation.

I am a little stressed about logistics for our upcoming trip as we have Droid Factory and Oga's booked and seeing how a BG return time will work around this. Good thing is there is a 2 hour window for BG return. So that will help. I also figure if you are on RotR and there are technical issues resulting taking abnormal time to get through attraction that the CMs at the Droid Factory or whatever will understand and fit you in

Is droid depot worth it, I read a review saying if you just did one you should do the light saber instead of the droid and that is currently my plan.

I suppose both potentially, but if I'll probably only do one for cost reasons, so I guess the question is, which one is better than the other?

I suppose both potentially, but if I'll probably only do one for cost reasons, so I guess the question is, which one is better than the other?
Well obviously Droid is cheaper than lightsaber. I built a droid because I've always been a droid fan, not much of a lightsaber fan. In terms of quality I could argue both are very sturdy, I play with my droid all the time (yes I'm 45 yo) and my dog likes to charge at him and knock him over a lot and he's still going.
The lightsabers are also of great quality, some people have said that heavy fighting might not be the best but if I were to buy one I know I wouldn't be rough playing with it like kids would and be more careful.
Both offer the options of making it your own, you can pick and choose your parts and colors and styles.
The Savi experience is more meaningful just on the way it's performed. The Droid building is more straight forward done in a factory style setting

Does it matter the name on the droid reservation? It currently has one son’s name but think my other son and husband want to do it instead.

Also one thing to think about, they usually have Savi reservations right at park closing or shortly thereafter. Then you can spend 30-45 mins at Savis and not miss out on ride time. DS was still able to get photo outside Millennium Falcon with his light saber.

Two sons 18 and 19 both did droid depot, one did light saber (the other the 'guest'). Their feedback is the experience of making the light saber was superior to the droid build experience. However, now that we are home seems like both run the droids around more than waving the light saber. The light saber has a super "cool" factor to it but too scared to break the thing that it seems to stay in its case mostly, droids they will mostly like take back to college.

Does it matter the name on the droid reservation? It currently has one son’s name but think my other son and husband want to do it instead.
Res was in my name and my sons both did Savis with no problem, I did go to check in just to make sure all would be okay but it didn't seem like it mattered

Can anyone tell me a ballpark price for shipping a lightsaber home? My current plan is to just take it with me on the plane, but I'd like to know what my options are in case I decide I just don't want to deal with it. And if I take it back to my resort, can I have them ship it from there? Or can I only have it shipped from one of the shops in DHS?

Can anyone tell me a ballpark price for shipping a lightsaber home? My current plan is to just take it with me on the plane, but I'd like to know what my options are in case I decide I just don't want to deal with it. And if I take it back to my resort, can I have them ship it from there? Or can I only have it shipped from one of the shops in DHS?
Thanks, I was just going to ask this question. From what I've read, the lightsaber definitely won't fit in my suitcase, and I don't want to check my carryon to be able to carry on the saber. So that really only leaves shipping it home. If it's going to be a huge hassle or super expensive, I may re-consider doing Savi's.

Sayhello

question. i built a saber when i was there last month. worth every penny. i bought one of each colors of the crystals. i was going to get several red and the CM told me that there is only 1 shade of each color, which is not what i read here before. anybody have any experience with that?

question. i built a saber when i was there last month. worth every penny. i bought one of each colors of the crystals. i was going to get several red and the CM told me that there is only 1 shade of each color, which is not what i read here before. anybody have any experience with that?

There is only one shade of each color in lightsabers, but different sayings from same colors in holocrons.

There is only one shade of each color in lightsabers, but different sayings from same colors in holocrons.

i actually found what i was looking for on facebook after my post. a post in a star wars group complete with photos. there are different shades. a yellow that looks more orange. 3 shades of red plus a black. a blue that looks teal and the purples vary.

I've heard the process takes about 30 minutes, but the line can get backed up. They should be ok for some light dueling, from all the reviews I have seen, but he tubes can bend in if hit too hard. Your kids shouldn't have the kind of strength to damage the blade yet though(takes a pretty hard hit). You can probably get them sent back to the hotel from somewhere in the park(I believe Dok Ondar's can handle this). So far, this is what I know. I hope I helped. Perhaps someone else can chime in with more information.
We had our droid shipped back to the resort.

I didn't try to ship the light saber back. Has anyone confirmed this is possible? I have a friend going who wants to have both their kids build light sabers, but might not want to carry them around all day when doing rides, etc. I'm not sure what to tell her.

Thinking about buying the lightsaber experience for my 10 year old son. My 15 year old daughter is probably more into SW than he is. Would she enjoy it too or is this aimed at the younger audience? I probably can't afford to buy two. I suppose I could let one of them watch the other one. Is it really only one guest per paid person?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts