Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

I guarantee my questions have been answered somewhere in these 75 pages. I know there is no AP discount on building of the droid, but what about the accessories like the backpack?

Is the backpack worth it? It is around $40?

I guarantee my questions have been answered somewhere in these 75 pages. I know there is no AP discount on building of the droid, but what about the accessories like the backpack?

All accessories get the AP discount. I bought 2 additional Kyber Crystals and later accessories for both droids and the AP discount was applied.

I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. My sister brought my son back a Salacious Crumb from Galaxy Edge for Christmas. Unfortunately when my son took it out of the box it didn’t work. Is there anyone we can contact to exchange it or are we out of luck? TIA

Trying again--anyone have a ballpark price for shipping a lightsaber from the shop or from your resort within the continental U.S.?

Moments later I googled it and found where a Reddit user indicated they were able to ship their custom lightsaber for approximately "18 credits." :p I think I might go for that option; given what I'm paying for the thing it's not that much more to have peace of mind from not having to navigate an airline with it.

Trying again--anyone have a ballpark price for shipping a lightsaber from the shop or from your resort within the continental U.S.?

Moments later I googled it and found where a Reddit user indicated they were able to ship their custom lightsaber for approximately "18 credits." :p I think I might go for that option; given what I'm paying for the thing it's not that much more to have peace of mind from not having to navigate an airline with it.
Did they say *where* they shipped it from? $18 is totally worth it. I'm *assuming* a credit = a dollar?

Sayhello

ETA: Never mind, I found the Reddit post.
I shipped mine from the place you buy the extra crystals from. You can do it there or the first order store. You have to have your receipt from Savi’s though. It cost me about 18 credits to ship it home.
This was at Disney world though.

Last edited:
I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. My sister brought my son back a Salacious Crumb from Galaxy Edge for Christmas. Unfortunately when my son took it out of the box it didn’t work. Is there anyone we can contact to exchange it or are we out of luck? TIA
Got this off wdwinfo.com:
Merchandise Guest Relations
Merchandise inquiries for Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Aulani, and Disney Cruise Line
9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST Monday - Friday
(877) 560-6477 or (407) 934-6111(for international callers)
Merchandise.Guest.Services@DisneyParks.com

Sayhello

The backpack is $49.99. The 20% AP discount brings it down to $39.99. It is really nice quality (better than I thought it would be) and has an exterior side pocket to fit the remote. I like the zippered flap on the front that folds down so you can see the droid inside it. You won't find that feature on a regular backpack. I used the AP discount on personality chips too.
I had my doubts with buying it at first, but it really was worth it since we've already used it to bring our droid several times and will continue to bring it to SWGE in the future as well. If we had just used it that first day and that was it, then it probably wouldn't have been worth it for us.
DS wears it in front like a baby carrier and it works perfect for him like that!

As a huge Stars Wars fan, I was not impressed with the t-shirts. I do regret no scheduling the droid building. It was an hour stand by wait this week.

My daughter built an R unit at Disneyland Galaxy’s Edge, but a couple days afterward the remote unlinked to the droid after it went into sleep mode. Trying to resync the remote is not working: the droid has a flashing LED on the resync button but the remote does not flash (following the box instructions), and it never resyncs. We need help with this, we’re already back home and can’t figure this out!

My daughter built an R unit at Disneyland Galaxy’s Edge, but a couple days afterward the remote unlinked to the droid after it went into sleep mode. Trying to resync the remote is not working: the droid has a flashing LED on the resync button but the remote does not flash (following the box instructions), and it never resyncs. We need help with this, we’re already back home and can’t figure this out!
merged you to the proper thread
Have you checked the batteries, since it went into sleep mode maybe the batteries died?

They had a package last week where you could get droid + personality chip + backpack for a set price, I want to say it was $159? It wasn't a huge discount on the items separately, I think the backpack is priced currently at $49 on its own and the chips are $12? We got one with the package and one just the droid. The backpacks are large and wouldn't be comfortable for a short child to wear. My tall 8 year-old was fine wearing it in the airport but I was the one that ended up wearing it our day in the parks. My only regret was not scheduling our droid build towards the end of the day. I thought it would be fun to watch them interact with the land, but they didn't do much even with the personality chip we chose, and it was a pain lugging them around especially the one not in a backpack.

Protip - if it is raining or even drizzling, ask for a plastic shopping bag to go over your cardboard droid box because ours fell apart and the droid almost fell out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter