Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

sophy1996

DIS Veteran
Has anyone taken a droid on ROTR? Just wondering if they respond to any of the rooms or scenes on the ride.
I am wondering this too - and also if they just have a spot to put your droid or other bags while you ride ... is there room in the vehicle with you or a place to put bags?
My DH took his droid with him on ROTR today. It was in the vehicle with him.

Last edited:

Buddy40

WDW Dreamer
OK, so after only 1 day we already lost the remote to our droid. Probably on one of the rides. Does anyone know if they sell replacement remotes at Droid Depot? Do we have to bring in our Droid to pair him to a new remote? Thx.

SirBill

Earning My Ears
Has anyone taken a droid on ROTR? Just wondering if they respond to any of the rooms or scenes on the ride.
I took a droid on, with it activated - they made me put it at my feet though (I tried to wear the droid backpack on my front but they didn't't like it) so I didn't see or hear if it reacted to anything in the ride. So basically, though you can take it on the ride easily, it doesn't prove anything extra... I was a little sad about that as from the promo material before the ride opened I kind of thought the droid might do something during the ride.

Now if Disney were truly mercenary, they would make trackless ride vehicles with droid slots for each row that you could slot your droids into during the ride and have them react to things...

• TheMaxRebo

DIS Veteran
    I get them doing that for safety but it would be cool if they reacted in the walk through scenes. Oh well!
    Do they react to anything in the queue? Even if like beeping when you pass something that is worth looking closer at or that you can you the datapad thing with or something would be kinda neat

Buddy40

WDW Dreamer
    OK, so after only 1 day we already lost the remote to our droid. Probably on one of the rides. Does anyone know if they sell replacement remotes at Droid Depot? Do we have to bring in our Droid to pair him to a new remote? Thx.
    So went back to Droid depot with our droid, to the shop adjacent to the Droid assembly room. The cast member was great. Showed her our Droid and she went and got a replacement remote for us, no charge!! Wish I had remembered to get her name so I could applaud her to guest relations. Tragedy averted with the help of pixie dust!

• hunterjumperluv

Earning My Ears
    Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help me out. I’m trying to find a photo of what the chain for the droid backpack should look like. The one that keeps a BB units head attached.

Bought one from a reseller as a Christmas gift, to have for our post holiday trip, and I can’t fathom how the chain is supposed to attach/it looks like the chain may be missing something. If anyone can help me out, it would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

THEME PARK MAPS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    Disney World Rehabs and Closings Disney World Restaurant Menus

DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS