Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Attractions Planning

no, this is a system that, in the case of the land reaching capacity, goes into effect.
Basically if the land hits capacity and you are not inside you can "book" a boarding pass through the MDE app. You open the app, go to where it says "join boarding group" and you can continue enjoying DHS or another park or go back to your room. At the moment your group is called you get a push notification and have 2 hours to make it back to DHS and into the land.
It's basically like a fp for the land not the attractions
If you have dining or merchandise reservations in the land you are allowed inside up to an hour before the reservation time if the land is at capacity
no, this is a system that, in the case of the land reaching capacity, goes into effect.
Basically if the land hits capacity and you are not inside you can "book" a boarding pass through the MDE app. You open the app, go to where it says "join boarding group" and you can continue enjoying DHS or another park or go back to your room. At the moment your group is called you get a push notification and have 2 hours to make it back to DHS and into the land.
It's basically like a fp for the land not the attractions
If you have dining or merchandise reservations in the land you are allowed inside up to an hour before the reservation time if the land is at capacity
OH! I had not heard this...

OH! I had not heard this...
If you open your app now you will see the "Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Status and Access" click on "find out more" and it will take you to the boarding group page. Since the land is not at capacity it shows "Open" but if the land was at capacity it would give you an option to join a boarding group.
This system was only needed for opening day both here and at DL, it might be needed again for Dec 5th

I have a question about timing for Droid Depot and Savi’s workshop. If we have reservations, how long does it usually take to get in? I’ve heard reports of people waiting an hour or more just to get to the counter to check in, but that was during the first few days. Is it still like that? I was able to get a spot for Droid Depot at 5:00pm on Dec 14, and Savi’s at 6:10pm. Is that going to be enough time to get into Droid Depot, build the droid, and then get over to Savi’s? And how long should we expect to wait to get into Savi’s? I’ve found lots of information about how long it takes to complete each activity, but nothing saying how long it takes to get started if you have a reservation. Thanks in advance!

Now that I've decided to switch my HS day from 12/2 to 12/5, the lack of information has been eating at me. I successfully switched my Oga's ADR to 12/5 (and my BOG to 12/2 yay!), so that should at least guarantee our entry into the land if it reaches capacity, right? I'm apprehensive about dragging my one year old out of bed too early, which is why I had originally planned to be in MK that day, but from what little we have to go by, RotR looks mind blowing. It's the last day of our trip, so our only chance this time to ride it. Am I wrong to think there will be EEMH that morning? I really don't want to be waiting at 330am with my DD, and I have a couple ideas how to avoid that scenario. The first is to get there around 530am, (still assuming a 6am open), hit up TSL until our 11am Oga's ADR. Second strategy is to get there early with my DH and my mother, and have my dad join us later with my DD. I know this is all speculative, but any strategy advice is welcome. Does anyone have any thoughts on how the crowds will be?

Now that I've decided to switch my HS day from 12/2 to 12/5, the lack of information has been eating at me. I successfully switched my Oga's ADR to 12/5 (and my BOG to 12/2 yay!), so that should at least guarantee our entry into the land if it reaches capacity, right? I'm apprehensive about dragging my one year old out of bed too early, which is why I had originally planned to be in MK that day, but from what little we have to go by, RotR looks mind blowing. It's the last day of our trip, so our only chance this time to ride it. Am I wrong to think there will be EEMH that morning? I really don't want to be waiting at 330am with my DD, and I have a couple ideas how to avoid that scenario. The first is to get there around 530am, (still assuming a 6am open), hit up TSL until our 11am Oga's ADR. Second strategy is to get there early with my DH and my mother, and have my dad join us later with my DD. I know this is all speculative, but any strategy advice is welcome. Does anyone have any thoughts on how the crowds will be?
I'm not expecting EMH as they didn't offer it for the first 3 days of the land opening in August, everyone was on a level field and although it was very crowded (6 hours line for SR) everything ran smoothly
For RotR im expecting an incredible amount of people going only to that attraction which, imho, will be worse than when the land opened since people were interested in doing other things (attraction, oga, savi, droid depot) on December 5th the main interest will be the new attraction

I'm not expecting EMH as they didn't offer it for the first 3 days of the land opening in August, everyone was on a level field and although it was very crowded (6 hours line for SR) everything ran smoothly
For RotR im expecting an incredible amount of people going only to that attraction which, imho, will be worse than when the land opened since people were interested in doing other things (attraction, oga, savi, droid depot) on December 5th the main interest will be the new attraction

Do you speculate a 6am opening?

Sounds like it would be best then for my dad to meet us later with DD.

Any issues so far for people of size? I'm a 22/24 and don't fit on FOP and find the restraints on SDMT very tight and uncomfortable. I'm a huge SW fan and hoping not to have the same problems when I visit in February.

If it helps, I'll give an opposing view... I've flown 7 missions so far, haven't been a pilot yet, and was a single rider filling in seats for larger groups each time. 6 of 7 times, our pilots had no clue what they were doing, a couple times the gunners and/or engineers were equally clueless. And I had a GREAT TIME every time! In fact, I think I had more fun on the couple missions that were epic disasters than I did on the one where everyone knew what they were doing and tried their best. This in no way is meant to diminish how anyone else feels about it all - I'm just saying it's not all bad experiences, and maybe some of it has to do with choosing to enjoy whatever the ride winds up being and not getting too mired down in the details.

This. I had a blast when our pilots were terrible. If you can't get into the spirit and have fun, why are you at the parks anyway? If you're so concerned with your "score", stay home and play X Box.

To some people, bettering their score is how they have fun. Each person will enjoy this ride for their own reasons.

By the nature of the ride, every ride is different. You can't go in expecting one thing and then be disappointed if it doesn't happen. Modulate your expectations, as that is the nature of the ride.

By the nature of the ride, every ride is different. You can't go in expecting one thing and then be disappointed if it doesn't happen. Modulate your expectations, as that is the nature of the ride.
I agree with this much more than your initial statement of, ‘If you’re so concerned with your “score”, stay home and play X Box.’

I agree with this much more than your initial statement of, ‘If you’re so concerned with your “score”, stay home and play X Box.’

Haha. Fair enough. The original post was definitely saltier (aka more obnoxious.)

but I still say if you're getting bent out of shape because you didn't score enough "points" in a ride, you need to examine your priorities.

(And this is coming from the guy who perpetually comes in last at Astro Blasters by a staggering margin.)

Hi all, are FP available yet for RoR? I will be there Jan 4-11 2020 and curious if the option will be available when my FP window opens.

As always TIA!!!

When RoR opens, it will not have FP available, just like MF:SR. They have not announced when the SWGE rides will begin offering FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!