Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Atmosphere/Entertainment/Interactivity

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Info & Planning' started by rteetz, Jan 7, 2019.

1. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Entertainment and Interactivity

This thread is all about the what is happening within Black Spire Outpost including entertainment such as the Cantina band, characters wandering about, or game play through the Play Disney Parks app.

Entertainment
    Characters in the land

Hondo Ohnaka - Will appear in Smugglers Run

[​IMG]

Dok-Ondar - Has a shop

[​IMG]

Loth-Cats: Trowbridge showed a video of an animatronic, sleeping Loth-cat (first seen in the animated series Star Wars Rebels), and it was pretty much the greatest thing ever. “This is a place where all of Star Wars can come to life,” he said. “We’re creating creatures … some of whom have never been seen in the real world before.”

Play Disney Parks App

As guests explore Black Spire
    Outpost they can use the Play Disney Parks app to learn more about the events unfolding before them and become part of the story themselves.

There are surveillance box embedded into walls around town and guests can use the app to "hack" into them by solving puzzles. Guests can choose to deactivate them for the Resistance or activate them for the First Order.

There will be markers on containers and buildings that reveal more about the story. Both rides will have these in the queues. Some labels will be encrypted and need guests to solve a puzzle. The app is also a translator as natives of the land will be speaking their own languages.

Another feature is Tuning which helps guests listening in on broadcasts between the underworld, First Order, and Resistance.

Guests never actually choose a side in Black Spire Outpost but they can help either side. Your story is dictated by the simple action you take. The Play Disney Parks app allows visitors to engage with full scale droids and take on jobs with characters. There will be points awarded for completing tasks.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    Brett Wyman, 10CJ, sponica and 2 others like this.
  2. rteetz

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. yulilin3

yulilin3 Disney Freak Moderator

MAXIMIZE THE MOMENT ON YOUR MOBILE PHONE

Make the most of your first—or hundredth—visit to Batuu by downloading the Play Disney Parks mobile app. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is the first land designed to integrate with the one-of-a-kind app, which debuted last summer and offers interactive adventures and experiences that bring surrounding environments to life at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.

The app will provide new opportunities for guests to engage with the land, like translating a galactic language, learning what’s hidden inside crates and containers, or accomplishing certain tasks by participating in missions. Guests also can use the app to interact with a variety of elements, like antenna arrays, door panels, drinking fountains, droids, media screens, and ships.

BigRed98 and rteetz like this.
  5. sponica

sponica DIS Veteran

@yulilin3 I'll have to stock up on portable chargers

My husband will have to pry me out of GE

6. yulilin3

my thoughts exactly, we need a fuelrod inside Batuu

7. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

I am worried about so much of it being on the app. As is I am lucky if the app works at all 50% of the time on my phone

Just worried relying so much on disney IT infrastructure

glocon and BigRed98 like this.
  8. BigRed98

BigRed98 Professional Disney Fan

I totally agree! I understand how at Disneyland the play parks app is needed but with everyone on Disney's wifi I could see the app crashing. Plus it drains your battery significantly. I hope DHS uses both the play app and magic bands but it doesn't seem like that's going to be the case.

rteetz and TheMaxRebo like this.
  9. rteetz

Well this is the Play Disney Parks app not MDE so different set up. I do agree though that it might get overloaded with this addition. I’ve only used the Play app a couple times.

BigRed98 likes this.
  10. rteetz

Fuel rod sales will go up ;)

11. yulilin3

I really hope we get a station inside Batuu and then Fuel Rods will be Star Wars canon :)
    For the first couple of months we might not get the option off going out of SWGE and coming back in without making a huge line

Ferrentinos, rteetz and BigRed98 like this.
  12. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

yeah, I meant the Play App - both that and the MDE app both crash/freeze/won't work more often than they work for me

rteetz likes this.
  13. sponica

sponica DIS Veteran

I have 2 portable chargers of my own. I'll make sure they're fully charged before entering the park.

eliseisawkward, yulilin3 and rteetz like this.
  14. eliseisawkward

eliseisawkward Mouseketeer

To initially download the play app will require WiFi, but apparently many of the interactions only require Bluetooth. That will also help with battery life!

BigRed98 and sponica like this.
  15. eliseisawkward

eliseisawkward Mouseketeer

I really want a gonk droid charging station! They could have a few around seating areas to charge while you rest.

sponica and yulilin3 like this.
  16. GrandAdmiralStrife

GrandAdmiralStrife DisDad #744

Nah, I'll just have a huge battery backpack like Baze did in Rogue One

You mean coaxium rods

Cygnus 2112, sponica and rteetz like this.
  17. Biceratops

Biceratops Dance Yrself Clean

If the rewards for earning Galaxy's Edge achievements are indeed additional FastPasses, then sign me up!

sponica likes this.
  18. rteetz

19. Tiki Birdland

Tiki Birdland Mouseketeer

Article doesn't seem to be talking about the app...
    PHOTOS: A look at the food, merch, and rides coming to STAR WARS: GALAXY’S EDGE!

20. yulilin3

small snippet at the end of the article
    Disney Play App Integration
    Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is the first land designed to integrate with the Play Disney Parks mobile app. The app will provide opportunities to engage with the land: translating a galactic language, learning what’s hidden inside crates and containers, or accomplishing certain tasks by participating in missions.

Guests also can use the app to interact with a variety of elements, like antenna arrays, door panels, drinking fountains, droids, media screens, and ships.

BigRed98 and rteetz like this.
  21. rteetz

This photo is mainly what I was referring too.
    B87FC93D-8791-4E12-BD6E-1FFECAD145A0.png

BigRed98, eliseisawkward and yulilin3 like this.