STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

What an absolutely dream crushing experience this has been. I've been constantly calling or waiting on hold since 7:00 am for the entire time. One two separate occasions, I made it through the first hold queue and spoke to a cast member who did the pre-qualification questions, then said they were transferring me to the GSC booking queue. Yesterday when this happened, I sat on a completely silent hold for 1 hour before being dropped. Today, I was transferred to the DVC account assistance team and before I could even speak to someone to see if I could be transferred back, I was hung up on. When I spoke to the VIPassholder cast member the second time, she took all my contact info and gave me an "ID Number". How can I use that to reconnect to the her again and try to get transferred to the right queue this time?

Filing this under "Third Time's a Charm?": Called back into 7277 and spoke to another cast member after a 60 minute wait. She initially said that the queue for GSC was once again closed, but after I explained my two previous moments in that queue she put me on hold and was able to get the authorization to transfer me over. So I am back to the ominously silent call queue (not sure if I prefer that over the Disney music and park messages now etched into my neural pathways).

One interesting bit of information, I hadn't seen elsewhere, that she shared was their process for opening and closing the queue. According to her they close the GSC queue for two hour blocks, in order to work through the DVC/Passholders currently waiting. Then open it back up for 30 minutes again. This process repeats, with the last time it was closed being 11:45 am ET.

So for those still trying to get past the initial queue and pre-screen convo, see if you have success around 1:45 pm ET.

03/03 sailing
Standard cabin was $2615.57 per person, double occupancy required. Includes taxes/ gratuities. My third person was paid in DVC points, I don't know what it would have been by cash.
1 bedroom cabin (sold out) for 03/03 was $3,180.32 per person incl. taxes/gratituities.

maybe I’m reading what you posted wrong….gratuities? Are you calculating those in or are they included? Probably a dumb question.

Is anyone posting the price for the spring for the standard rooms vs the advertised price? Can't find this info and wondering. Thx

May 4th 2 adults and 1 5 year old...standard with trip insurance was almost $6500

If anyone talks to my beautiful wife...yes they take AP discounts....and the discount was 50%....total for May 4th with fuzzy math....$3250

Is anyone posting the price for the spring for the standard rooms vs the advertised price? Can't find this info and wondering. Thx
Standard room 2 adults 5/2 sailing
5396.14, which includes price protection (82.50 pp)
Captain’s Table separate charge 63.30 total

Standard cabin, 2 adults with trip insurance for 3/4 ”sailing” was $5,852.88. Captain‘s table was sold out for our dates.

I hope someone makes a chart using all our different numbers, accommodations and dates, because the lack of transparent pricing is frankly, confusing, and seems a little shady after a person waits for several hours to get that information. I mean, you are invested at that point.

Last edited:
We do have a little bit of insight. The DVC point chart shows how they are classifying the different "voyages" in terms of price (weekends more than weekdays, time of year, etc.)
For example, our voyage (3/31) would cost 848 points (almost 6 years allocation for us, so crazy).

Galactic Starcruiser DVC Point Chart

Adult 1 - 321
Adult 2 - 321
Adult 3 (11 year old) - 86
Child 1 (9 year old) - 60
Child 2 (6 year old) - 60
Total = 848

It was stated previously that they are using roughly $8/point as a valuation, which would be $6784 cash for our configuration and our actual cash price was $6905, so it's probably more like $8.14/point.
But that gives you enough insight to roughly figure out the cash price you would get quoted for any voyage and configuration for the standard room. Obviously, the suites are even more.

maybe I’m reading what you posted wrong….gratuities? Are you calculating those in or are they included? Probably a dumb question.
It's a good question! I had read that gratituties were included in the cruise pricing. The fiscal number I gave was the final price quoted- I made sure to ask, "so this figure includes taxes, fees and gratuities"?

Two adults, standard cabin, April 22 (weekend) sailing -$5688
Captain’s Table for both seatings that trip sold out

Called the VIPass line just after noon, after getting nowhere with the Starcruiser line. About 30 min of music to talk to a CM, then another 90 min (silent) wait once she transferred me to the booking line. About 20 min to book, so total time today was about 2.5 hours.

It's a good question! I had read that gratituties were included in the cruise pricing. The fiscal number I gave was the final price quoted- I made sure to ask, "so this figure includes taxes, fees and gratuities"?

The gratuities relate to the meals, or at least that’s what my CM said. And the email confirms that. The price given is “all in” for the experience, with the exception of any extra “this is completely necessary, honest, hon” stuff you buy in Batoo, of course.

Also was able to finally book with the VIPassholder line! (407-939-7277). 30 minute hold to get to the pre-screening, then 100 minutes of mostly silence with occasional blip sounds. Not our first date choice but we were able to get Captain’s Seating because according to the booking representative apparently someone already cancelled their trip (hard to believe…)

If you’re lucky enough to get through, and the phone connection doesn’t cut out DO NOT hang up if you don’t hear music. They’ll eventually come on the line. Best of luck all!

I was able to get through yesterday and book with a combo of pts/cash and have a reservation confirmation number, but the points are still showing up in my account today.
Should I be concerned? This is my first time booking an experience like this with points and I am not 100% sure what to expect.

Update: I called Member Services and they confirmed I should get a call in about 7-10 business days to confirm the points usage and that is when they will be deducted from my account.

Last edited:
I’ll give a roll call post a shot - if you post dates I’ll try to log them on Post #3. Will take me a few days to go back through and capture everyone. Txs!

March 25 sailing
2 adults, 2 adult-age nephews
Standard cabin
Captain's Table first night

Total $7738.32 with insurance

I'm thinking of a Jedi/princess mashup. I have so many runDisney costumes, I think I probably have a lot of the bits for it already. (I did Darth Elsa for my first SW half marathon!)

Filing this under "Third Time's a Charm?": Called back into 7277 and spoke to another cast member after a 60 minute wait. She initially said that the queue for GSC was once again closed, but after I explained my two previous moments in that queue she put me on hold and was able to get the authorization to transfer me over. So I am back to the ominously silent call queue (not sure if I prefer that over the Disney music and park messages now etched into my neural pathways).

Success at last! After approximately 90 minutes in the chamber of silence, I was able to book a voyage. They did say that only standard rooms are left in the window for DVC/AP reservations; so we missed out on a Galaxy Class Suite and the Captain's Table. But we did get our preferred date.

If anyone who booked on April 24th who chose a Galaxy Class suite and/or the Captain's table decides to cancel, please let me know! *Slim chance; I know.

I cannot help but think that if I had not been dumped off the queue those first two calls, I would have had all the amenities I had hoped for.

Does anyone have any idea what the "special Star Wars" extras might be in the suites? I don't really think we need the extra space since it's just two nights so it's hard to justify the upcharge over this already expensive experience. But I also know we're only going to do this once, so if it's worth it I might reconsider.

Does anyone know if we will have to go thru customs upon returning to earth? I forgot to ask the cast member I talked to when I booked.

2nd thing...not related.... so don't lie to wife about price of room....she asked me today that since we got such a good idea...could I please call back and see if they have a suite.....

This is getting expensive....so I told her I called and they are all booked up... wha wha wha

3rd thing maybe related.... it looks as if the 1st is available again...this just moments ago

We do have a little bit of insight. The DVC point chart shows how they are classifying the different "voyages" in terms of price (weekends more than weekdays, time of year, etc.)
For example, our voyage (3/31) would cost 848 points (almost 6 years allocation for us, so crazy).

Galactic Starcruiser DVC Point Chart

Adult 1 - 321
Adult 2 - 321
Adult 3 (11 year old) - 86
Child 1 (9 year old) - 60
Child 2 (6 year old) - 60
Total = 848

It was stated previously that they are using roughly $8/point as a valuation, which would be $6784 cash for our configuration and our actual cash price was $6905, so it's probably more like $8.14/point.
But that gives you enough insight to roughly figure out the cash price you would get quoted for any voyage and configuration for the standard room. Obviously, the suites are even more.
If you factor in the $95 transaction fee you are more at the $8/point value. In looking at what I paid cash rate vs what others reported on here for dvc rates - $8.15 is the rate but about $8 with the transaction fee. Hardly a bargain but if one has a ton of points otherwise expiring?

I made it an 8 night vacation split stay gfv and blt one bedroom and used a fraction of points they’re charging for the sailing. I’m tempted to shorten to 6 nights with 4 in a ccv cabin post sailing.

My 5/2/2022 sailing $6634 all in for 4 adults standard room. Refundable till February final payment. $82.50 pp insurance can be purchased till final payment.

i opted out of captain table. Re dinner times- the cm said it is more about preferred time u r hungry vs missing out on anything.
He also said to wait till 60 days to make reservations for things like droid, oga cantina, lightsaber…. And to definitely book through them vs on your own because they’ll have all that available in groups for those onboard and will be available at times that make sense for ship activities.

Anyone else do the online checkin yet? Just did ours and clicked edit for room request... selected Close to Captains Quarters option...very cool... 2nd option I selected close to brig

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter