SSR resale price

Tiggeroo1964

Earning My Ears
Hi
Looking for SSR resale approx 250 points ,our first contract 😜, not looking to go this year so ok with just 2021 point available, what is an acceptable price at the moment? Don’t want to offend anyone but my budget is somewhere around the $85pp range is this realistic? Was hoping to see a drop in prices but unsure if this will come to fruition
Would prefer a August/September UY but these seem few and far
Appreciate your thoughts 👍

Hi
Looking for SSR resale approx 250 points ,our first contract 😜, not looking to go this year so ok with just 2021 point available, what is an acceptable price at the moment? Don’t want to offend anyone but my budget is somewhere around the $85pp range is this realistic? Was hoping to see a drop in prices but unsure if this will come to fruition
I think you’re aiming too low for an SSR contract, especially one that has not been stripped of its 2021 points. Even if accepted by the seller, DVC would likely ROFR it.

Hi
I don't think you're aiming too low. I got 225Pts for $20K in Feb.
That's $88.89/Point, and it passed ROFR before the COVID-19-Crisis.
I say go for it!
ET :darth:

Another thread shows SSR going for $82 and $88 for similar sized contracts so I think you are spot on. Try testing your price point out on a few contracts and see what response you get

Thanks guys for your input my ceiling price is $90pp so will start low , ive seen a few at $92 but for 200 points or they want to close much later in the year which I suppose is a gamble either way .$88pp sounds a good range, I’m checking daily all the recommended sites , I’ll keep you all updated, your help is appreciated thanks

Hi
I also think you are on the mark, and could even negotiate a little lower depending on patience and how much effert you can put into purchasing. ROFR is not an issue as of now There are a lot of SSR contracts on the market. https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/listings/ has 8 contracts that meet your criteria if you are flexible with UY. many DVC actual selling prices are 6 to $12 below asking,

We offered full asking on a 350 point contract at $85 last year. It didn’t make it through ROFR but it is a very different climate now.

I should imagine there’s quite a few sellers that would be willing to accept c$85.

Thats a lot of very good information, Thanks
I am seeking a smaller contract to with an Oct UY at SSR, to add this year.
Thanks again

Does anyone have an idea the timescale (min-max)from offering to paying balance? I appreciate it can differ in the time time when Disney can ROFR ,my funds will be fully available 20/7/20 , Deposit available now,just wanted a rough idea of when to start offering?

Last edited:
You could ask for a delayed close, if not I’d wait til end of June

I hadn’t really thought of this, I’m waiting to put an offer in on an AKV for this reason. Although it seems like it would take at least 30 days at this point at least if I knew it would be the end of June, which it probably would be, I would feel better.

Does anyone have an idea the timescale (min-max)from offering to paying balance? I appreciate it can differ in the time time when Disney can ROFR ,my funds will be fully available 20/8/20 , Deposit available now,just wanted a rough idea of when to start offering?

I would look at the closing time thread, that would probably be helpful. Having a delayed closing might hurt your negotiation ability, just my opinion, but who knows. Some people just like closure.

Does anyone have an idea the timescale (min-max)from offering to paying balance? I appreciate it can differ in the time time when Disney can ROFR ,my funds will be fully available 20/8/20 , Deposit available now,just wanted a rough idea of when to start offering?

Assume 2 months unless you get the seller to agree to longer. That is what is typically set.

Seeing that we are almost to June, you may get one to push it out a few more weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter