SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Thanks! I rented points and asked the member first and he didn't think he could put in a room request. He must be mistaken.

Thanks! I rented points and asked the member first and he didn't think he could put in a room request. He must be mistaken.

Yes, he is mistaken. All he needs to do is call Member Services and put the request on the reservation. Just remember it is only a request and not a guarantee.

I confirmed with Touring Plans and if you are a member with them, they will also put in a room request for you. $15 a year I think, and they have lots of other great benefits.

I confirmed with Touring Plans and if you are a member with them, they will also put in a room request for you. $15 a year I think, and they have lots of other great benefits.

Can Touring Plans put a request on a reservation made by a member? This seems strange to me since DVC reservations are different then reservations made through CRO.

Can Touring Plans put a request on a reservation made by a member? This seems strange to me since DVC reservations are different then reservations made through CRO.

They say if you join Touring Plans they can make a room request for you. They didn't list any exceptions. I will ask though. :)

They say if you join Touring Plans they can make a room request for you. They didn't list any exceptions. I will ask though. :)

Maybe they have connections with the room assignment people, but Member Services and the member are the usually the only ones who can access a member's reservation for making requests.

Maybe they have connections with the room assignment people, but Member Services and the member are the usually the only ones who can access a member's reservation for making requests.

It's not until the reservation reaches the hotel that a request is even looked at and matched up though. That is why Touring Plans fax works for anyone.

It's not until the reservation reaches the hotel that a request is even looked at and matched up though. That is why Touring Plans fax works for anyone.

I guess that makes sense - but I thought DVC resorts no longer accepted fax requests.

I wonder which is more requested with a preferred room, the Springs section or Congress Park?

Good morning all,

A few weeks ago I did my online check in for SSR... as we have not paid for a preferred room I requested a Grandstand room, near transportation.

I logged on this morning to check something, and noticed that the only room request showing was "near transportation" - the other one requesting Grandstand area had vanished.

I pressed the drop down and the only options now for room location are either "Congress Park" or "near carriage house" - which I thought were both preferred areas?

Is this a recent change, or am I hallucinating that I requested Grandstand?!

Is the laundry free for DVC Members at SSR or is it coin op? We are thinking staying there in one of SSR's studio's.

Is the laundry free for DVC Members at SSR or is it coin op? We are thinking staying there in one of SSR's studio's.

Free for everyone staying I think, if its like OKW was last year.

It is definitely free for guests, the machines look like you need to pay but you just slide the coin slot without adding coins. Our experience at SSR didn't even require a keycard to enter the laundry room in Congress Park. Other resorts do require a guest keycard to even get into the laundry room.

Joining the thread.

I'm not an owner here, or a lover, yet. We landed at Saratoga when Irma blew us away from our September stay at the Floridian. We do own there.

I hope to love it during our 9 night stay in January.

It is definitely free for guests, the machines look like you need to pay but you just slide the coin slot without adding coins. Our experience at SSR didn't even require a keycard to enter the laundry room in Congress Park. Other resorts do require a guest keycard to even get into the laundry room.
Lawd, well just anyone could go do their laundry there then.

You need a room key or room linked to your MB to access the laundry rooms.
That has always been my experience as well. I could get into the pool at POFQ without my band but I forgot it going into the laundry room and had to get someone to let me into it just to do my laundry.

I was surprised. I don't know if it was just a fluke but it was like that for the entire 9 days we were staying at Congress Park. I know when we stayed at the Paddock the laundry room was locked.

Headed to SS for the first time this January. We are vacationing with another family who are also staying at SS. We have a preferred studio booked and they have a preferred 1 bedroom booked. It sounds like we can make requests by calling in to MS, but do you think that if we asked and we happened to be placed next to each other, they would open the door between the studio and 1-bedroom that adjoins the two for us? If not, that's okay...but I know the girls (2 9 year olds and an 8 year old) would love being "in the same room."

Also, in reading through, it looks like the Springs area, which we were hoping to reserve, is the last stop on the way to the parks. We know we will be there at a busy time (January 1-6), what are the odds of us having a hard time getting space on the busses - especially in the morning/for rope drop? Would it be much better requesting Congress Park instead? It's one bus stop closer, but I like the location of the Springs better. Thanks in advance!

Good morning all,

A few weeks ago I did my online check in for SSR... as we have not paid for a preferred room I requested a Grandstand room, near transportation.

I logged on this morning to check something, and noticed that the only room request showing was "near transportation" - the other one requesting Grandstand area had vanished.

I pressed the drop down and the only options now for room location are either "Congress Park" or "near carriage house" - which I thought were both preferred areas?

Is this a recent change, or am I hallucinating that I requested Grandstand?!

The room request section on MDE has been messed up for a while. Other hotels that are not SSR have Congress Park as a selection. I have several requests noted on my reservation for BWV but the only one showing up on MDE is "Upper Floor". I would say just make sure your requests are noted on your reservation with MS and don't make any corrections to the request section on MDE - it will override any requests made with MS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!