SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Is the Carousel section the least popular or least requested? I am thinking it might be. But I guess thats a chance you take with a standard view location. Any good reviews of it?

We were there the last two weeks of August and didn't really have issues with the buses at SSR. The monitors were fairly accurate. I think there was one time where the bus (I think for MK) was delayed. Every couple of mins, the time on the board read a few mins later. Obviously, your waits have to do with when you get to the bus stop in relation to when the last bus left/ next bus will be arriving, but I'd say that generally we didn't end up waiting longer than maybe 10 mins for a bus (except that one MK one).

Now, waiting at the parks for a bus definitely took much longer, especially at park closing. After EMH at MK one night, we had to wait for the third bus to SSR and it took about an hour and a half. The wait for buses from DS to SSR also seemed to take forever. The boat was much quicker between DS and SSR, but it does stop running if the tides are high. We were in Grandstand so it was a short walk from our room to the boat dock. You could also hop on any bus and get off at the Springs/ main hub stop and walk to the boat dock.

Being the first stop at the resort, we never had to stand on the bus going to the parks. Occasionally people who got on at the Springs did. When coming home, lots of people had to stand. We lucked out a little with that one though, because we tended to be first in line for a bus/ waited for the next one when the bus was full on the way home and we never stood for that either.

The only complaints I really had about the buses were that they should really have more running back to the resort at the end of the night (but it seemed like every resort sort of had that issue), and the bus ride from DS to SSR seemed to take forever, especially given it's close proximity. Oh, and I would love if Disney would install a bathroom next to the bus stops, especially at the parks, but that's a completely different rant.
Thank you for the update!!!

If I were staying in the Springs section, I would most certainly walk over to either the Grandstand or Paddock stop to get on a bus, in hoping of getting a place to actually sit.
That's an option. I'll see when I arrive there. I'm not too sure exactly where the Grandstand stop is. But if it's not too far I may do that the mornings I want an early start. Thanks!

We are SSR owners and finally staying at our home resort this March. Preferred was the only choice available. We would like to check out the new DT area since this trip is an Adult only trip. (Our DD will be in WDW with her Marching Band and we are going just to watch her march) I am not sure which to pick btw Springs and Congress. Any advice?

Congress Park is closer to Disney Springs and the walkway to DS. If you want to be closer to the Carriage House and the restaurant, then the Springs.

Hey all! I cant wait till the 27th for our food and wine ADULT trip! We LOVE SSR and always request Congress Park but we booked standard. Can we still request Congress Park? We were going to request Grandstand as we do love that location as well. I want to request also that we are near the pool but also near transportation...I had foot surgery in July, I would rather do all my walking in the parks rather than at the resort. Question 2 is that our flights originally were scheduled to arrive before 10pm - now my flight schedule is changed and we are "scheduled" to arrive at 10:04pm....I know after 10pm arrivals need to claim their own luggage but what if my scheduled 10:04pm flight arrives early..say at 9:55? Thanks in advance!

Just called Saratoga with requests and questions. In that conversation, they indicated that they would not service the room each day, i.e. bring soap, towels, etc. We booked through Disney and are not owners. I had read here that since we are not owners, we would have a typical hotel experience. Can anyone say for sure? Was she wrong?

Is part of SSR older than the rest? Or are all the buildings the same age? I was thinking some were built before others were added.

Just called Saratoga with requests and questions. In that conversation, they indicated that they would not service the room each day, i.e. bring soap, towels, etc. We booked through Disney and are not owners. I had read here that since we are not owners, we would have a typical hotel experience. Can anyone say for sure? Was she wrong?

If you're a cash reservation as opposed to DVC, then the room will be serviced every day. We stayed in August and this was what happened then. On days where we had the Do Not Disturb sign out in the morning, we saw a laundry basket full of supplies outside our door, and they cleaned/ put away the supplies after we finally left. Had we actually left the Do Not Disturb sign out all day, my guess is that the laundry basket full of supplies would have just been left for us to do as we please with.

Hey all! I cant wait till the 27th for our food and wine ADULT trip! We LOVE SSR and always request Congress Park but we booked standard. Can we still request Congress Park? We were going to request Grandstand as we do love that location as well. I want to request also that we are near the pool but also near transportation...I had foot surgery in July, I would rather do all my walking in the parks rather than at the resort. Question 2 is that our flights originally were scheduled to arrive before 10pm - now my flight schedule is changed and we are "scheduled" to arrive at 10:04pm....I know after 10pm arrivals need to claim their own luggage but what if my scheduled 10:04pm flight arrives early..say at 9:55? Thanks in advance!

Since you booked standard you will not be able to request Congress Park - it is in the Preferred Category.

I think if your flight lands before 10pm then your bags could be tagged but with a flight that close I would just collect my bags. Remember it takes 3-4 hours from checking in too your hotel for your bags to arrive so that means it could be 3am or 4am before your bags arrive in your room. If you tag your bags and your flight arrives before 10pm you could let bell services know not to deliver your bags until the next day, but personally I would not want to wait that long to make sure my bags arrived. For me personally, if I was not arriving before 1pm I always grabbed my own bags.

Is part of SSR older than the rest? Or are all the buildings the same age? I was thinking some were built before others were added.

Yes, there are parts that are older - they were originally part of the old Disney Institute. I believe those sections are Congress Park and the Springs, maybe some of the Paddock too. But all of these sections have been redone over the years. Grandstand & Carousel are the newest sections.

100 Days! ! ! ! !

We are 100 days from arriving at Saratoga Springs for our 10 day stay.

We got blown away by Irma, and had to reschedule. We landed at Saratoga, a little apprehensive about it as a resort. But I think we are quite a bit more open minded, now.

We are staying Preferred, and I think we are going to request the Springs. I have a scooter and we can get over to Grandstand if it looks like they won't be able to load me at the Springs. Although I'm not sure how they do it during the day, when people are coming and going. It doesn't seem like the bus will ever be empty enough.

We are staying at SSR for the first time next month. I was trying to do the online check in stuff today and when I got to room requests the only building option was Martinique, which I know is a different resort. Is this a common problem? I guess I’ll guess I’ll call to make room requests.

Good morning, We are staying at SSR next month for the first time. We have a preferred room and we will be traveling with a 9 month old and stroller. For the buses would it be better to requestion a room in the Springs in hopes that we can walk to the Grandstand to catch the first bus? Our son is exteremly tall and very active, so I know we won't be able to hold him while standing on the bus.

AVOID THE PULL-OUT SOFABEDS IN THIS RESORT. Worst, worst, worst I've ever slept on. I've slept on pull-out sofas at BWV, WLV, OKW, BLT, and SSR, and all of them were absolutely fine (WLV as of last August!) except for SSR, which was incredibly difficult and required two people to pull it out/hold the sofa in place while the other person pulled the bed out with difficulty, and sleeping on them was like sleeping on concrete. And when I called Mousekeeping they had never heard of the foam topper/egg crate topper, so I was stuck sleeping on this awful, awful sofabed all week.

If you're going to stay in one of the villas with more than one person, highly recommend you bring your own mattress topper.

I wrote Guest Services about this issue because it's so bad that I would actively warn people against staying at SSR until they fix this issue. :(

Our fist contract was BCV, we stayed at SSR on a last minute get away three years ago, and fell in love with the resort, it is quiet and very relaxing. WE actually ended up adding on points at SSR. Our favorite location is either Paddock, Grandstand, or Springs

Am I correct in thinking the studios do not have a washer/dryer?

If so, is there a laundry area at the resort?

And, if there is, what does it cost to wash and dry a load?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!