SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

The first post in this thread will probably answer your questions . There's a map and an extensive listing of the pros and cons of each area.
I read through there but did not see any times listed, just pros and cons, talk of walking pathes, boats, but no times. I hoped maybe someone who stayed had an idea. or do people from other sections take the bus to congress area then walk?

There is a scale on that map, way down in the lower right corner, but it's too small to read, and enlarging it only makes it more blurry. If you could read it, it would give you an accurate idea of distance, and you could extrapolate that to your walking time. Perhaps BirdsOf PreyDave, who might have an original map to read, could provide the numbers on that scale? If he doesn't see this, you could send him a PM. Or perhaps another reader has a map on hand and could help out.

I read through there but did not see any times listed, just pros and cons, talk of walking pathes, boats, but no times. I hoped maybe someone who stayed had an idea. or do people from other sections take the bus to congress area then walk?
Depending upon exactly how you meander along, it appears to be about a half mile to the beginning of the marketplace area from the main pool area. Google maps has some better scales. So that would be a short walk.

Depending upon exactly how you meander along, it appears to be about a half mile to the beginning of the marketplace area from the main pool area. Google maps has some better scales. So that would be a short walk.
Thanks for the info!

Need some input from those who know! We are staying at SSR for the first time November 27-December 5. We have a 2 bedroom villa with 4 adults and 4 boys ages 14 months to 13. The boys are really excited about the pool area at the Paddock section (temperatures permitting), but I wasn't sure how buses were to and from the parks in this section. I had originally planned on requesting the Grandstand section. Any advice? The parks are definitely where we will be spending 95% of our time.

Need some input from those who know! We are staying at SSR for the first time November 27-December 5. We have a 2 bedroom villa with 4 adults and 4 boys ages 14 months to 13. The boys are really excited about the pool area at the Paddock section (temperatures permitting), but I wasn't sure how buses were to and from the parks in this section. I had originally planned on requesting the Grandstand section. Any advice? The parks are definitely where we will be spending 95% of our time.

The paddock pool is great. We only have 1 stay at SSR, we requested the paddock and got it. I think it was right in the middle as far as bus stops. So...a good compromise.

Good question! I'm not sure...I'm looking at my reservation right now and it just says 1 Bedroom Villa. It doesn't say anything about standard or preferred.
I just booked a one bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs through Disney this morning and they also didn't give me an option of preferred or standard view. My reservation doesn't specify either.

I have 3 questions. First, what time do buses and boats start running at SSR?
Second, when checking in, can I request both a location and be near others we are vacationing with? If I only request a building and not a floor or something like that?
Third, are there elevators or stairs only?
Thanks!

Hi all!

Just getting ready to do my online check-in in a few days and I believe that I can request an area to stay in. I ideally wanted to be in easy walking distance of Disney Springs, but I believe that would be Congress Park which is a preferred area? Is that correct, or are there standard rooms in that area also? My back up request if it is all preferred will be Grandstand - which doesn't seem to be anywhere near DS but is at least first on the bus loop!

Hi all!

Just getting ready to do my online check-in in a few days and I believe that I can request an area to stay in. I ideally wanted to be in easy walking distance of Disney Springs, but I believe that would be Congress Park which is a preferred area? Is that correct, or are there standard rooms in that area also? My back up request if it is all preferred will be Grandstand - which doesn't seem to be anywhere near DS but is at least first on the bus loop!
There is not a " standard " area of Congress Park.
If you are in Grandstand, you could always get on a bus and get off at Congress Park to walk to Disney Springs.

I have 3 questions. First, what time do buses and boats start running at SSR?
Second, when checking in, can I request both a location and be near others we are vacationing with? If I only request a building and not a floor or something like that?
Third, are there elevators or stairs only?
Thanks!
Request that "traveling with" be put on all the reservations. Do this as soon as you can.
All buildings have elevators and stairs.

Hi all!

We stayed in the Paddock section 2 weeks ago but our room was close to the congress park bus stop (we could see the bus stop from our balcony). I would think that would be the closest you could get in a standard room

We stayed in the Paddock section 2 weeks ago but our room was close to the congress park bus stop (we could see the bus stop from our balcony). I would think that would be the closest you could get in a standard room
Oh lovely thank you - you'd recommend that over grandstand?

Oh lovely thank you - you'd recommend that over grandstand?

I have never stayed in the grandstand section so I can't compare the 2 but I really liked our location at the paddock section. It may look like a far walk on the map but check in and artists palette were not far at all

If I booked a preferred room there I would really want to be in the Springs area. If I were assigned to Congress Park I would try to change my location if at all possible. I know I would really be disappointed to be placed in the Carousel section with a standard view reservation, but that is a chance you take.

I do not think there is, but can't totally recall.....is there a way to take the boat transport to OKW or would have to go to DS first and get the OKW boat back to resort?

Grandstand was actually pretty good. We were originally booked in Carousal bldg. Not fun.....They changed us to Grandstand in the 1st bldg next to baggage/ bell services...Not bad actually. Decent pool too. & Bus stops there first for when you return from the parks, which is nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!