• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

I haven't noticed it changing that much - but I often stay at SSR and 99% of the time I stay at Congress Park - and there have always been a lot of people on the bus intending to get to Disney Springs. It's a regular topic of conversation on the bus for me - I overhear people wondering when to get off or where to go, and I'll let them know it's the Congress Park stop, and as I head to my building, I show them how to get to the lakefront and follow the sidewalk around to Marketplace. That's been going on for many years - but I've never had it affect my ability to get on a bus (though leaving a park right at close there are so many people at the bus stops that you sometimes need to wait for the 2nd bus to board - I guess technically if 10 - 15 of those people are just headed to DS that might have forced some folks onto a second bus). I've seen similar effects when staying at Boardwalk - with a few people on the bus just trying to get over to Epcot from another park and using the Beach/Yacht/Boardwalk bus to walk in through the Int'l Gateway.

Will bell services take you (and your luggage) from the lobby to a treehouse villa if you don’t have a car? Have our welcome home trip in a couple weeks and we have to switch rooms from a 2BR halfway through the trip (waitlisting a 2BR for the TH portion, although it’s looking less likely that will come through) and wondering what our options are.

We are planning a family trip in 11/2022. My mother is in a wheelchair. Is there a certain section for those in wheelchairs or do all areas have those accommodations?

If referring to Saratoga, I believe all units would be considered wheelchair accessible as far as getting up to and into the rooms - all rooms are accessed by flat hallways, and all floors have elevator access in all buildings. However, if you need other wheelchair accommodations such as flat shower access, kitchen sink access, shower and toilet bars, automatic doors, etc, they have specific wheelchair accessible rooms that would have all of that too.

To add on to the prior poster, there is an option when booking to make the ADA compliant rooms pop up when viewing room choices, just select that and you'll see them with a description of what accommodations they have

Luckily she doesn't require an ADA compliant room. We are trying to figure out if it would be easier at BLT or Wilderness Lodge since everything is not as spread out as SSR.

We are trying to figure out if it would be easier at BLT or Wilderness Lodge since everything is not as spread out as SSR.
Keep in mind that there are no restaurants at BLT - everything is next door at CR. Not terribly difficult to get to in a wheelchair, given the overhead walkway, but a longer trip than at WL, if proximity to dining is important to you.

Staying one room the first night (Added on last minute) then moving to another the rest of week… we plan to go to a park the second day (Day of move)

what services is available from bell services right now? Can we store things until we are back from park? Do they deliver? Help out? I know things have changed since COVID…

Staying one room the first night (Added on last minute) then moving to another the rest of week… we plan to go to a park the second day (Day of move)

what services is available from bell services right now? Can we store things until we are back from park? Do they deliver? Help out? I know things have changed since COVID…
They'll transfer luggage but not any refrigerated items from one resort to another. If you're staying in the same resort, just switching rooms, they'll store your luggage and refrigerated items and bring it to your new room when you're in it - just call them to pick up in the morning and deliver in the afternoon. Tips expected on both ends of the transfer, of course.

Just back from our SSR stay and noticed the lack of Park to Disney Springs busses were impacting SSR buses. Every bus we took had at least one party get off at Congress Park to walk to DS. Bus drivers were getting off to point them in the right direction. One bus at night was almost entirely non SSR guests trying to get to DS. I'm glad drivers are helping guests but do worry some about impact on SSR owners and guests. Anyone else noticed this?
Yes and we owners are paying for the transport- will Disney start crediting us for bussing in their shoppers? This should be raised with DVC.

Dues are like taxes. They will always go up. If you are worried about increased wait time then I advise renting a car and coming and going as you please. You save sooo much time. Thats what we do and never rely on Disney Transportation. SSR bussing has always been long waits due to the size of the resort as well.

Dues are like taxes. They will always go up. If you are worried about increased wait time then I advise renting a car and coming and going as you please. You save sooo much time. Thats what we do and never rely on Disney Transportation. SSR bussing has always been long waits due to the size of the resort as well.
I understand how dues work. My point is they will increase more than they would have if more busses are need to transport DS guest via SSR

This has always been done and under the current leadership at WDW and Disney as a whole. It will not get better. Bussing has always been an issue and I don't see that changing.

I see no issue with this bus. It would have to stop at Congress Park anyway.
I suppose my issue would be if a bus heading to SSR filled up after fireworks at MK because most of the people aboard were not staying at SSR and were just heading to DS I would not be fond of waiting the additional 15-30 minutes for another bus at the end of a long day. I suspect many SSR guests would not be fond of this.

Anyone know if it’s possible to book a 1 bedroom & a studio & request that they be connecting? I know it’s just a request, but is it even something that can even be done? There are no 2 bedrooms available for our dates.

Anyone know if it’s possible to book a 1 bedroom & a studio & request that they be connecting? I know it’s just a request, but is it even something that can even be done? There are no 2 bedrooms available for our dates.
You could put in the request, but I would assume if there are no 2 bedroom lockoffs available to book then there would be no connecting studio / 1 bedrooms available either when you are there.

How has bus service been lately? We have not stayed at a non-walkable resort in quite some time and have a 14 day stay coming up in December. We are early park people so will plan to walk to the Grand Stand bus stop in the mornings......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter