Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

I am intending to make it 3 of 3 for Springtime Surprise! I have really enjoyed the past two weekends. But I have been cut off from using our DVC points in 2024. We have several other trips in the works so our points are accounted for. I will be breaking our first rule of buying DVC, which was only use points. If you are out of points you don’t go.

So to this rule I am adding an addendum - if you are planning a trip but are out of DVC points because you will already be going to DW three times that year. You could just stay home, but because it is to maintain a runDisney weekend streak then booking at Pop is an acceptable alternative.

I am sure DW will be in complete agreement. Looking forward to 2024!
I only have enough points for marathon weekend, so rented points from someone on here for Springtime Surprise. It only ended up being about $200 more total for Saratoga vs All Stars so was worth it for us!

Knowing how hectic my schedule is for 2024, I probably shouldn't try to register, but I had so much fun at this year's challenge I probably will. :rotfl: I guess a lot will depend on the theme.

It also worries me that it's so late in April. If I thought the middle of the month was humid, what will another week do to the temps?

Knowing how hectic my schedule is for 2024, I probably shouldn't try to register, but I had so much fun at this year's challenge I probably will. :rotfl: I guess a lot will depend on the theme.

It also worries me that it's so late in April. If I thought the middle of the month was humid, what will another week do to the temps?
This year it got colder after Springtime Surprise. :D

since 2024 resorts opened I booked music from the 18-22 now to see if the themes tickle my fancy and if so what distances I'll try for

I feel like today would be a great day for Disney to do a surprise early announcement that next year’s Springtime Surprise theme is Star Wars! 😁😁😁

If it's Star Wars or Marvel I'm in whether I like it or not. Not sure if they even can do Marvel on the east coast though... not sure how the whole theme park rights thing works for a running event. I suppose maybe if it were Guardians themed?

If it's Star Wars or Marvel I'm in whether I like it or not. Not sure if they even can do Marvel on the east coast though... not sure how the whole theme park rights thing works for a running event. I suppose maybe if it were Guardians themed?
It could be GoTG theme or maybe a space/future theme buzz/stitch/GoTG/wall-e…

Based on the contract situation, I don't think they can use the Marvel name. I think it would have to be like Super Hero Race Weekend. But as you pointed out, there are some characters they can use, like Guardians. I think Dr Strange is also okay to use.

Makes way more sense to return Marvel races to DL, but they’d have to run out more than one race weekend a year.

Meanwhile… I’m gonna mention the space theme again, which would give them the opportunity to feature both Guardians and Star Wars. 😤

Based on the contract situation, I don't think they can use the Marvel name. I think it would have to be like Super Hero Race Weekend. But as you pointed out, there are some characters they can use, like Guardians. I think Dr Strange is also okay to use.

That would make sense. This year for the Pixar theme it was still just the Springtime Surprise weekend, so they wouldn't have to call it a Marvel weekend. Definitely a path to skirting around it there.

Disney won't do a Marvel weekend at WDW even if they don't use the Marvel name. Its just too much of a gray area and too few characters they can use. Its basically Guardians and Dr. Strange (outside of some other obscure no name characters) They wouldn't mix other non-Marvel super heroes with them either.

Disney won't do a Marvel weekend at WDW even if they don't use the Marvel name. It’s just too much of a gray area and too few characters they can use. It’s basically Guardians and Dr. Strange (outside of some other obscure no name characters) They wouldn't mix other non-Marvel super heroes with them either.
I think they could finagle a Heroes theme with the likes of incredibles, Hercules, GoTG, darkwing…

Theme might be what pushes me one way or another. And yet, I have no idea what I would prefer. I would really like one of the race to be on a different park. I love Epcot but it gets redundant.

Anxiously waiting for the themes! I booked two nights with our DVC over the weekend, which is an add-on to an existing trip we already have scheduled. I'm hoping the themes are something that's interesting to me since I passed over Princess registration today!

With the sell-out of Princess, Springtime is officially on the clock. I don't know about anyone else, but it's going to be a LONG two months for me. As a result of this year's fabulous SS weekend - and to allow my bank account some time to regenerate after the DL races - I decided to bypass Princess and have Springtime be the second half of my Coast to Coast challenge. It was the right/responsible decision, but man, adulting isn't much fun.

With the sell-out of Princess, Springtime is officially on the clock. I don't know about anyone else, but it's going to be a LONG two months for me. As a result of this year's fabulous SS weekend - and to allow my bank account some time to regenerate after the DL races - I decided to bypass Princess and have Springtime be the second half of my Coast to Coast challenge. It was the right/responsible decision, but man, adulting isn't much fun.
THIS. This was me today, that Princess registration was staring me down like a hawk trying to break my willpower. With the half not selling out for a good three hours, it was so, so tempting, but I am also glad I stuck it out to wait for SS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter