• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

With the half not selling out for a good three hours, it was so, so tempting

Absolutely! Thankfully, my Disney gift card with my travel funds was at home or I might have caved. I kept thinking "will you please just sell out so I can move on?"

With the sell-out of Princess, Springtime is officially on the clock. I don't know about anyone else, but it's going to be a LONG two months for me. As a result of this year's fabulous SS weekend - and to allow my bank account some time to regenerate after the DL races - I decided to bypass Princess and have Springtime be the second half of my Coast to Coast challenge. It was the right/responsible decision, but man, adulting isn't much fun.
I'm really tempted. Had a way better time at SS than I expected and MW wasn't going to be an option for me with DL on the following weekend.

Had a way better time at SS than I expected and MW wasn't going to be an option for me with DL on the following weekend.

This is me to a "t." I think I registered for this year's SS as a Dopey-induced back-up plan, but I had such a great time and it became my second-favorite weekend (MW will always be my first love). I can't do MW this year due to work and my mom's 70th birthday so SS it is.

With the sell-out of Princess, Springtime is officially on the clock. I don't know about anyone else, but it's going to be a LONG two months for me. As a result of this year's fabulous SS weekend - and to allow my bank account some time to regenerate after the DL races - I decided to bypass Princess and have Springtime be the second half of my Coast to Coast challenge. It was the right/responsible decision, but man, adulting isn't much fun.
I'm the opposite. I was going to skip Princess and wait for the Springtime themes, and then my cousin said she convinced her younger sister to do the half. So I got a Princess 10K bib through charity. Then both her younger sister and I also registered for the 5k this morning, and since her sister already had everything through charity, it was easy to convince us. Now I'll skip Springtime.

Also going for Springtime as part 2 of my C2C! Did my first Dopey last year and would like to take at least a year off from that training lol. Especially since I'd have no way to get off of work for those consecutive weekends - at least, not the way I like to do runDisney touring.

So curious what the themes will be, especially since they've done some Disney, some Pixar. Would love a Star Wars theme again but won't get too excited for it.

Also going for Springtime as part 2 of my C2C! Did my first Dopey last year and would like to take at least a year off from that training lol.

I have to admit that, compared training for Dopey at this time last year, it's like "really? is this all that I need to run? are you sure?" I'm finding training for "just" a half marathon odd and I'm not sure how much I like it. The extra time in my life is nice, but the thrill/sense of sheer panic isn't quite the same either.

I have to admit that, compared training for Dopey at this time last year, it's like "really? is this all that I need to run? are you sure?" I'm finding training for "just" a half marathon odd and I'm not sure how much I like it. The extra time in my life is nice, but the thrill/sense of sheer panic isn't quite the same either.
YES!! It's wild. I'm definitely ahead of where I'm supposed to be for my longer outings, mileage-wise, for my usual half plan. But I guess as long as I keep it easy and steady and feel good, it works? And I keep trying to remind myself that my worst miles are always my first ones - I was convinced I was toast at mile 2 in the marathon, and at mile 16 I was flying. Finally understanding how much of a mental game this all is lol, after years of races.

I'm definitely ahead of where I'm supposed to be for my longer outings, mileage-wise, for my usual half plan. But I guess as long as I keep it easy and steady and feel good, it works?

If you don't have to rebuild the mileage you can focus on speed work and get a faster time 🙂 (If that's a goal, of course)

I hope that runDisney brings back Star Wars for this coming Springtime Surprise! I'll be doing the challenge for sure if it's Star Wars.
If it is SW I’d love for any RunDisney vets who run with charity to DM me asap as that would be the best way to ensure myself & my friends get in

Overall theme is "adventure" per their blog post.

Curious to see what other races are based on this.

I imagine that since the theme seems to be "adventure" that there will be an Up themed race as well. "Adventure is out there!" That has the potential to be an incredible medal with the house and the balloons.
Will they shoehorn in something from BATB with “I want adventure in the great wide somewhere”

Will they shoehorn in something from BATB with “I want adventure in the great wide somewhere”
I love belle everything (give me blue dress representation on the medals/merch, darnit!!) BUT Up with balloons and Dug and Kevin would be pretty darn cool

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter