Spring "What are you reading?" Book Thread

"The Help" and really like it! I'm on Chapter Four already which may not seem like a big deal, but after trudging through Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand for SIX WEEKS, I'm am loving the freedom to read whatever I want! YAY! I did kinda like AS, just hard to get through. After this I'm going to start King's "Under the Dome".
Anyone ever go on Shelfari?(Sorry if this has been discussed, I haven't read through this whole thread yet)

Well I gave up on HOUSE RULES, for now and am now half way through RAINWATER by Sandra Brown and loving it, started it on Sunday evening and hoping to be done soon so I can start HOUSE RULES again, I really was having a hard time getting into for some reason, but I do want to get a little further because I think I am just stuck in the beginnings and it will pick up!

I just finished reading Animal Vegetable Miracle and really loved it. Really opened my eyes to food issues and very inspiring to put more effort into finding/eating locally grown food. I highly recommend this book.

Also read and loved The Glass Castle, Sookie Stackhouse books and I am listening to The Host audiobook by Stephanie Meyer which I am starting to get into.

I read The Host last year. It took a little for me to get into it and figure out what was going on. I almost put it down but I'm glad I didn't. It got a little lengthy at times but I enjoyed it. Was thought provoking, reminded me of the movie about the pod people.

Just finished Deception by Jonathan Kellerman and started Thereby Hangs A Tail by Spencer Quinn. That one is a new series about a private investigator who has a dog named Chet. Chet tells the story from his point of view. First book is Dog On It. Really fun reads...

Waiting on the new Sookie Stackhouse, new Carl Hiassen and new Christopher Moore books!! Can't wait for those! :woohoo:

Since classes are over I finally have time to read non school related stuff again. I am starting with Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt. We were in Savannah for a few days last summer and everyone kept talking about it so I found a copy at half price books for a $1 awhile ago and now can finally read it.

I've been on a Nicholas Sparks kick. A few weeks ago I finished reading The Choice, which was excellent! About a week ago I finished The Last Song...what a tearjerker! And now I'm reading Dear John. Good stuff so far!

My book club just finished Sarah's Key. I finished it in three days. I seldom read a book that fast. It's amazing that such a horrific, historical event took place and so few know about it.

Some of you might enjoy http://www.shelfari.com . It is kind of fun listing all the books you've read and seeing what others are reading.

Sarah's Key was a great book, so interesting, tragic and inspiring.

For light reading, I just finished The Wednesday Sisters. I wish I had close friendships like that.

I liked some books by Adriana Trigiani (Lucia Lucia, Very Valentine, Queen of the Big Time). I haven't ready her Big Stone Gap books yet.

Also, The physick book of Deliverance Dane was pretty interesting.

Keep 'em coming, I just love to read! Especially now that summer is almost here! :yay:

I've been on a Nicholas Sparks kick. A few weeks ago I finished reading The Choice, which was excellent! About a week ago I finished The Last Song...what a tearjerker! And now I'm reading Dear John. Good stuff so far!

I enjoy him as well. But do NOT read Message in a Bottle. I read it a few weeks ago and it had the WORST ending! :mad: I was mad about it for days...

I'm reading the The Obloeron Trilogy by John Fitch V. If you enjoyed the Lord of the Rings you may enjoy it (orcs, elves, dwarves).

I just finished reading Bite Me: A Love Story. WARNING: It has VERY "colorful" language that I didn't realize until I had taken it out :eek:

I'll be reading "The Good, The Bad and The Undead" by Kim Harrison hopefully this week.

Just got the latest Sookie Stackhouse book, Dead in the Family last night, I'm halfway through it already!! Not sure what I'm going to do when I'm finished....

I enjoy him as well. But do NOT read Message in a Bottle. I read it a few weeks ago and it had the WORST ending! :mad: I was mad about it for days...

I read Message in a Bottle several years ago (probably like 8 years ago?) and while I don't remember the ending specifically, I do remember that I was upset as well. I shied away from him because the characters always seemed to die in the end, and I'm a happy ending kind of person. But last summer my MIL lent me The Lucky One and I enjoyed it. On a recent trip to the library I picked up The Choice and loved it and decided to read more. So far so good.

I finished Dear John last night and it was pretty good. I will enjoy the movie when it comes to DVD although I just read the plot summary online and they changed a ton of it. Oh well. We'll see.

I'm a big fan of reading books and then seeing the movies and noting the changes and similarities.

Next up for me is a non-fiction book: Girls Will Be Girls: Raising Confident and Courageous Daughters

I'm so happy that this thread is catching on. I love seeing what everyone is reading so I can add to my "To Read" list. :goodvibes

I'm currently reading Strength in What Remains by Tracy Kidder and like it a lot so far. A couple others I've read in the last few weeks that were good:

Last Night in Twisted River by John Irving

The Magician's Assistant by Ann Patchett

Everyday People by Stewart O'Nan

The Book Borrower by Alice Mathison

The Known World by Edward P. Jones

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter