SPOILER...Anyone going to the opening of Mickey's Runaway Railway Tomorrow (01/27/23)?

Took about an hour from walking into toontown til I got off the ride. Some differences from WDW, but nothing crazy.

Welp, our virtual queue time was called today, we got in line, waited about 15 minute and the. they told us to leave the queue because the ride broke down, and would be down for an extended period. This was around 2:45ish.

Went to our Space Mountain LL after that, which broke down just as we left the load platform, we’re walked off that, but we were able to get back on after 10 minutes or so.

I posted up a few messages from yours that it was down for me when I got there about 6:30pm or so and they said it should be back up around 7. Waited a little bit, then Went on it's a small world and it was back up when we got out around 7:10 or so. Although it paused for a good minute at the very end. We did think it was going down again, but it made it to the end.
Glad you made it through!

We finally got called at 5:05. Delayed 2 hours due to downtime. We used a LL Saturday, so today was the first day we saw the full queue, and boy is it awesome. Lots of great reminiscing with my girls when we saw the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse props. I enjoyed the ride better the second time I rode…. It’s incredibly detailed and beautifully done. My 7 year old absolutely loves it. She said it’s her new favorite!

We finally got called at 5:05. Delayed 2 hours due to downtime. We used a LL Saturday, so today was the first day we saw the full queue, and boy is it awesome. Lots of great reminiscing with my girls when we saw the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse props. I enjoyed the ride better the second time I rode…. It’s incredibly detailed and beautifully done. My 7 year old absolutely loves it. She said it’s her new favorite!
Don’t you just love it when your kid’s favorite ride is the one that’s impossible to get on without paying for it? 🤪

All kidding aside, I can’t wait to ride it myself! Gotta get lucky with the VQ next time!!!

How long has the wait been once your return for your virtual queue time? We will be using the DAS pass and so I understand I still will need to get a virtual queue. I was just wondering if it was worth it to use the DAS once we got there or if the wait time isn’t too long once you are physically in line so we could see the new queue.

How long has the wait been once your return for your virtual queue time? We will be using the DAS pass and so I understand I still will need to get a virtual queue. I was just wondering if it was worth it to use the DAS once we got there or if the wait time isn’t too long once you are physically in line so we could see the new queue.
We don't use DAS, but we do require Disabled loading. On Tuesday, the queue was completely a leisurely walk through. We let a couple people pass us in the beginning just to take pictures and even then, we never stood still for longer than 30sec. There is a divide in the line once you get to the loading area where a cast member asks if you can leave your device behind. We did not, so they directed us to the disabled loading dock which took a about 5-8 mins of standing. We had an earlier return window of 10:30-11:30am and it was a breeze getting on.

We had a pretty long wait on Wednesday, but the parks were definitely more crowded because there was an event at DCA that night and possibly because the ride had been down more frequently on Wednesday. We were called at 5:05, entered the line by 5:10, and exited about 6. I was surprised at how long the line was once we were inside. I was expecting to just walk through.

We had a pretty long wait on Wednesday, but the parks were definitely more crowded because there was an event at DCA that night and possibly because the ride had been down more frequently on Wednesday. We were called at 5:05, entered the line by 5:10, and exited about 6. I was surprised at how long the line was once we were inside. I was expecting to just walk through.
They used a lot of the building for queue (which is a good thing esp when it gets hot outside.) Room after room after room, pre show theaters and then loading area that has another switch back queue area.

Was really impressed and look forward to hopefully less Virtual Queue as weeks go by and change to Standby soon similar to Rise.

Last edited:
What has been the recent experience of getting a boarding group at 1pm? We struck out again this morning at the 7am drop. 😩 I can’t close the park with my toddler so would need a return time before they shut it down for fireworks.

What has been the recent experience of getting a boarding group at 1pm? We struck out again this morning at the 7am drop. 😩 I can’t close the park with my toddler so would need a return time before they shut it down for fireworks.
I think there’s more competition today. Yesterday at 7am I noticed the VQ was still open at like 7:05am. Today they were gone immediately. Use time.gov if you haven’t been. It hasn’t fail me yet.

The only tip I have is to start refreshing 2 minutes beforehand (6:58 or 12:58). Disney's clock may not be the same as your phone or the world clock. When I heard that from some online people, it worked perfect for me.

Get a clock app or go to website that gives you a detailed clock. I have an android phone and use Atomic Clock app.
Use cellular and avoid Wi-Fi
At exactly 7am click refresh and an keep pressing that button throughout the Join VQ process.
Got #4 today.

Problem with refreshing early is that the app may get stuck in between refreshes and the app may recognize a time before 7am.

Last edited:
Problem with refreshing early is may get stuck in between refreshes and an the app may recognize a time before 7am.
This is so true! It goes at EXACTLY 7:00:00 so if you're refreshing like crazy it may be 6:59:59 and then 7:00:01. Better to time that refresh; I pounce at exactly 6:59:59.

@DLRExpert BG4 is an amazing accomplishment! I'm so impressed. You must have thumbs of steel!!

Yes it's the coordination of pressing it at 00:00:59 to build up tolerance to getting the timing right. Also, you almost have to hold for finger on the refresh because a quick tap (on my phone) didn't fully refresh the page, I noticed it would delay a bit.

Recommendation
After the preshow and when you are in the barn queue, choose the right side of the queue to get on the first (my fave) or second section of the train.
You seem to see a lot more when in those first two sections and the story is a bit easier to understand.
If the CM tries to direct you to the left side or sections 3 and 4, request sections 1 or 2.

Checked with CMs and two of them said you have one hour once called for your VQ or the time posted on the pass.
Third CM was a bit more hush hush and said there was no expiration after called.
So there is a risk depending on the CM you talk to.
Which got me thinking, there shouldn't be an expiration on VQ because you have no real control of the return time you get and some guests don't arrive in the park until later in the day.

Last edited:
I think there’s more competition today. Yesterday at 7am I noticed the VQ was still open at like 7:05am. Today they were gone immediately. Use time.gov if you haven’t been. It hasn’t fail me yet.
1pm was also rough. The service in the park is terrible. We did get group 174 though.

But we experienced a bit of
Get a clock app or website that gives you a detailed clock. I have an android phone and use Atomic Clock app.
Use cellular and avoid Wi-Fi
At exactly 7am click refresh and an keep pressing that button throughout the Join VQ process.
Got #4 today.

Problem with refreshing early is may get stuck in between refreshes and an the app may recognize a time before 7am.
Thank you, this was really helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter