SPOILER...Anyone going to the opening of Mickey's Runaway Railway Tomorrow (01/27/23)?

My friends were there Friday and Saturday. Their theory is that they are not releasing very many virtual queue spots, and that Disney is holding most spots for paid LL+. Kind of makes sense to me! I was helping them, and between the 3 of us, trying 3 times we never got a boarding pass (and we are all experienced at getting them, I was helping from home). One of them got a weird screen that said “wait a minute “ (or something like that), but it never gave them a boarding pass. They went to customer service kiosk, showing them the screen, and the Plaid there ended up giving them a boarding pass. So they did get to ride!

It was our time, we were waiting at small world, hitting refresh - it was our time and it went down 😂

But they said we could come back any time tonight. I’ll take it! I wanted to head back to the hotel anyways 😅 the timing was kind of perfect.
We got on and rode about 7. It was not very busy. And we had lots of time to meander the queue. It was so awesome. I have had no spoilers from Florida or here and it was just awesome. Really fun.

I also tried for a BG at the 7 am drop today, couldn't get one for the morning. They were gone in less than 30 seconds. I tried again at the 1 pm drop and got a back up group that will probably never be called. I second the theory that there are fewer VQ groups allocated. When the ride was down this morning, there wasn't any pause to $ILL sales 🤔

The more I read about this virtual queuing the more anxious I get 😬. I'm used to clicking through websites for limited availability events, but I'm trying to strategize if I should even bother being on property at 7am to try for the 1st round of groups. Parking lots open at 7am as well. Creating/confirming the designated party starts at 6am. hmm...plus I'm clueless about wifi strength near or in the parks.
I'm part of the resistance for purchasing LL (for now) so I'm shooting for VQ only.
This will be fun...or not. :laughing:

Does it do a full 360 spin like Luigis?
I always keep a lookout for the 360° spins on any ride because I absolutely hate them. I don't recall any full circled movement on this ride.

Addendum: Perhaps I should make it clear. I'm hoping to ride RR at every visit, while Luigi is one and done. Luigi was cute until it started to spin like Teacups at the end and that made me nauseous. There was no spinning like that on RR.

Last edited:

I always keep a lookout for the 360° spins on any ride because I absolutely hate them. I don't recall any full circled movement on this ride.
There are two rooms where depending on which vehicle you are in you will spin all the way around but you’re also in motion when it happens. It’s the third (
western room
) and fifth (
tornado room
)show scenes where it may happen.

Can you try from home for the 7am VQ if you have a park reservation?
And how long is the ability to purchase ILL$ lasting?

The more I read about this virtual queuing the more anxious I get 😬. I'm used to clicking through websites for limited availability events, but I'm trying to strategize if I should even bother being on property at 7am to try for the 1st round of groups. Parking lots open at 7am as well. Creating/confirming the designated party starts at 6am. hmm...plus I'm clueless about wifi strength near or in the parks.
I'm part of the resistance for purchasing LL (for now) so I'm shooting for VQ only.
This will be fun...or not. :laughing:
Not sure if you’re aware, but You don’t have to be on property for the 7am reservation. You just need a valid park reservation for that day.

Not sure if you’re aware, but You don’t have to be on property for the 7am reservation. You just need a valid park reservation for that day.
yes, I did a dry run this morning (no reservation) and within 7:00:05 approximately they ran out. I clicked the refresh button about 3 times before the screen displayed no availability. I'll most likely do it from home.

We got Group 79 this morning and it looks like we should ride before noon. The family beside us was at least 3 seconds behind us and got 92? (I didn’t quite hear her). I sort of tried to warn them to be ready but they were ordering Starbucks lol 😅

We got Group 79 this morning and it looks like we should ride before noon. The family beside us was at least 3 seconds behind us and got 92? (I didn’t quite hear her). I sort of tried to warn them to be ready but they were ordering Starbucks lol 😅

That’s pretty great… at 4pm on Saturday they were only boarding 48-51, so if they’re boarding group 79 before noon, that’s fantastic!

Anybody with $ILL ask to walk through the VQ instead of the LL to see all the fun stuff? I'm worried we'll get shut out, and I saw on social media that someone did the $ILL but the CM let them walk through the regular queue in stead. Just looking for additional confirmation that we would have that option!

We got called at 11:39am. Rode after the 12 Lion King performance. It was so good.

I see ILL$ is $15 today - was it more this weekend?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter