SPOILER...Anyone going to the opening of Mickey's Runaway Railway Tomorrow (01/27/23)?

I don’t think this ride is going to have the same fanatical following that Rise did. That was crazy town for so long!
It'll be popular, but should slow down a bit. It still commands high wait-times at HS, but there is a more limited number of attractions there as compared to Disneyland.

I've never done a virtual queue for anything before. How long do you have to return after they call your boarding group? we typically take an afternoon break, so I would hate to miss it if our group is called and we're at the pool.

I've never done a virtual queue for anything before. How long do you have to return after they call your boarding group? we typically take an afternoon break, so I would hate to miss it if our group is called and we're at the pool.
Since you can’t choose when your group is called, you should be able to join the line any time after your group is called. We had BG1 for Guarfians at EPCOT this summer and were waved through at 2 pm.

I got to see the Disneyland version of Mickey And Minnie's Runaway Railway on Youtube this morning and from what I watched on the ride video this is one cute ride and I am impressed by the way they designed it and the preshow is so cute with Goofy riding the train then crashing it into the theater screen where you can walk in and board the ride. I think the ride scenes are drawn excellent and this is one ride that really is done so well. I noticed there were spinning scenes in the ride where your car is caught in a whirlpool and also when you get to dance with Daisy Duck and I actually thought it was the end of the ride. I also think they added a touch of Pirates Of The Caribbean because like Pirates Of The Caribbean Mickey And Minnie's Runaway Railway has a scene when your car drops down a waterfall along with Mickey And Minnie and that might be scary for young children when they ride. But all and all this is Disneyland's best ever ride in history and it's so great to see Mickey And Minnie take center stage on their very first ride in history starring them

I got to see the Disneyland version of Mickey And Minnie's Runaway Railway on Youtube this morning and from what I watched on the ride video this is one cute ride and I am impressed by the way they designed it and the preshow is so cute with Goofy riding the train then crashing it into the theater screen where you can walk in and board the ride. I think the ride scenes are drawn excellent and this is one ride that really is done so well. I noticed there were spinning scenes in the ride where your car is caught in a whirlpool and also when you get to dance with Daisy Duck and I actually thought it was the end of the ride. I also think they added a touch of Pirates Of The Caribbean because like Pirates Of The Caribbean Mickey And Minnie's Runaway Railway has a scene when your car drops down a waterfall along with Mickey And Minnie and that might be scary for young children when they ride. But all and all this is Disneyland's best ever ride in history and it's so great to see Mickey And Minnie take center stage on their very first ride in history starring them
Maybe all those who are reading these forums have been on the ride or watched it on YouTube, but would you consider putting this as a ”spoiler” post so it is hidden? I have done the ride in WDW, so it is fine for me to read this. But some may be wanting to be surprised by what happens during their own first ride. I don’t know how to do the “spoiler” link, but maybe someone will chime in.

Maybe all those who are reading these forums have been on the ride or watched it on YouTube, but would you consider putting this as a ”spoiler” post so it is hidden? I have done the ride in WDW, so it is fine for me to read this. But some may be wanting to be surprised by what happens during their own first ride. I don’t know how to do the “spoiler” link, but maybe someone will chime in.

Spoilers can be masked by using the tags, placed between [ and ], SPOILER at the start & /SPOILER at the end. Or, ISPOILER will create an inline blurring effect.

I rode it twice and I don’t feel sorry about it. If someone finds a way to ride it 3 times I don’t see the big deal.
We did the same... we purchased LL when we entered the park after not pulling a VQ at 7 and tried again at 1 and lucked out. They had paid spots for a looong time Friday so everyone had the same shot at doing it that way if they wanted. Its the first (and probably last) time I've gotten to ride a ride day 1 since we don't live close by, so I was happy to go on it twice.

SUCCESS!
I woke up at 5:50am to get ready for the day, confirmed my party at 6am. Got dressed and did some finger exercises. Practiced my thumb speed with the refresh button around 6:50am then franticly searched for a quick Youtube video walk through of virtual queue to visualize it. 6:55am... started to sweat, and adjust the speed of pressing the refresh button. I have no recollection of the exact timing from 6:59am - 7:00am as my anxiety and excitement was on high levels.
I got Boarding group 47 for a return time of 225 minutes!!!!!!!!!
This gave us time to breathe, eat breakfast, stop by the bank etc. It was great doing VQ from home.
We arrived at the park about 9:20am and headed to Galaxy's Edge, received a text return from 10:30am to 11:30am, We arrived around 11:25-11:35am, to where they were verifying boarding groups upon entry of ToonTown; at two check points. The final check point was to scan at the entrance.

THE RIDE
The Queue!!!! SO cute. The concession stand area was one of my favorite rooms, loved the disco Mickey as well. I was able to leisurely take pics without clogging up the line, let a few people initially go past us. The pre ride cartoon is so stinkin' cute! I love the spaciousness of the train cars. Honestly the spinning was very mild, the only sensory displacing scene was going down stream with the complete visual field of actually falling. Loved Daisy's dance lessons room, probably my favorite. Our vehicle slowed down towards the very end, to where we thought the ride had broke down but it only lasted a minute or so.
It went by too fast, as always but next visit I will try for the afternoon boarding group, as I was very tired waking up that early for a spot.
Thanks to everyone who provided advice and their personal experiences!

Since you can’t choose when your group is called, you should be able to join the line any time after your group is called. We had BG1 for Guarfians at EPCOT this summer and were waved through at 2 pm.
Apparently, DL VQs function a bit differently than WDW VQs. CMs said that you have an hour to return to the ride after your VQ is called. After an hour, it is up to the CMs at the ride to determine whether to honor your VQ.

I went to the park tonight around 5pm. I didn't do the virtual queue this morning (forgot to try) but didn't think it would work anyway with me coming in the evening. I'm not sure when I could get that chance as I am able to only go during the week in the evening for a while. So, I got there at the Lightning Lane was still available. It was 5pm and the LL was within 5 minutes. I wanted to eat first, so went on the waitlist for Carnation Café and was called almost immediately. Yummy fried pickles! :) Anyway, the LL always stayed close to the current time. So, I said what the heck, I want to ride it! So got 2 LL's ($15 each) and when we got there, the ride was down. Waited about 15 mins , and then went on Small World and when we got out it was back up again so we went on it.

I enjoyed it a lot. Lots going on so I think I will be able to see new things in future rides. It did move back and forth a bit which wasn't too much for me, but it does make you rock a little in your seat a few times.

We also had the train section we sat in to ourselves. It wasn't crowded at all inside either queue.

Apparently, DL VQs function a bit differently than WDW VQs. CMs said that you have an hour to return to the ride after your VQ is called. After an hour, it is up to the CMs at the ride to determine whether to honor your VQ.
That might be the official policy at WDW as well. I know when we went through GOTG many hours late, it turned blue but they waved us through.

We purchased ILL yesterday around 5:30 pm while in line for Pirates for a 5:45 pm board time. Made it through to the waterfall scene when the ride broke down, and we were walked off the ride. It didn’t come back up the last I checked during normal park hours, not sure if it made it back up for the DL After Dark event? Was able to get the virtual queue this mornings, fingers crossed we make it all the way through.

We purchased ILL yesterday around 5:30 pm while in line for Pirates for a 5:45 pm board time. Made it through to the waterfall scene when the ride broke down, and we were walked off the ride. It didn’t come back up the last I checked during normal park hours, not sure if it made it back up for the DL After Dark event? Was able to get the virtual queue this mornings, fingers crossed we make it all the way through.
Did you get refunded for not completing the ride?

I posted up a few messages from yours that it was down for me when I got there about 6:30pm or so and they said it should be back up around 7. Waited a little bit, then Went on it's a small world and it was back up when we got out around 7:10 or so. Although it paused for a good minute at the very end. We did think it was going down again, but it made it to the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter