Splitting an Entree at a Signature restaurant?

lizandjason

Mouseketeer
1. Is this frowned upon?
2. What Signature restaurants have portions big enough to share(ie: the porterhouse at Yachtsmans looks huge)?

Thanks!

I don't have a huge appetite and my husband's is pretty average so we often split an app, an entree, and a dessert when we dine out. We've done this at Signature restaurants and never felt like it was frowned upon. I can't recall a time when we felt like we didn't have enough food, but we usually don't have anything left over. We often ask about portion size before ordering.

If we have really good service we do try to remember that we took a table that otherwise would have had a larger bill and tip accordingly. We'll tip off of what our bill might have been if we'd ordered an additional entree.

I split meals with my DD who is 9 all the time. Signature restaurants too. They never frown and can be really accomidating by splitting the food in the kitchen before it's served. She is an adventerous eater and just yawns when she sees the kids menu at most restaurants.

Portion sizes very from restaurant to restaurant but at the Yachtsman you can also oder additional side dishes. They are definately big enough to split. Just order a steak with enough ounces for both of you.

Lisa

I don't think I've ever split an entree, but I've split appetizers several times and the wait staff has always been extremely accommodating and has even plated the halves individually so there's no transferring of food from one plate to another.

We often split and it's going to depend on the entree as to whether or not you feel it's large enough to split. Yachtsman's are probably the largest but I have found that all of the signatures, with the exception of CG and Citricos, have larger entrees than I'm used to eating. At CG and Citricos, it would depend on the entree but most of them are on the smaller scale.

Definitely not a problem. When we don't split entrees I usually end up ordering appetizers many times for my dinner. Or I would get soup with an app or salad and an app.

JIKO-I get the soup and the watermelon salad (I love that salad!) I used to get flatbread and the salad but they don't have the one I like anymore. DH and I have split the filet as I find it too filling to eat by myself.

FF-Most times I get the mussels and a salad for dinner. Sometimes I will get a small order of mussels (not on the menu, but can be done) along with an entree I'll split with DH or DD.

How does splitting a meal work with the DDP? Do they charge you each for a ts meal even though you only order one meal?

Narcoosee's in the only Signature I've tried and we did split an entire meal there in January:

Cesar Salad, fish specialty of the evening, sorbet. We each had a drink from the bar and just had water with dinner. We split everything at the table and tipped the waiter very generously. We had enough food for the two of us and our service was excellent. We were not on the DP.

On an earlier trip we were on the DP, but we all ordered our own meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter