Split Stay - To Do or Not To Do ...

StinkerbellsMom

DIS Student & Worshiper
Hi all!

Super excited about hitting WDW this year as we've been away for three years!! :( I've got a dd graduating HS and one graduating MS and oldest dd is a junior in college. I offered them a trip anywhere for graduation! :hyper: :yay: Being good little WDW Addicts, they want to go check out all the new happenings in MK! We definitely want to check out Art of Animation - family suite as we are a family of five - almost all adults - 3 dd's ages 14, 18, 20, hubby and I.

Our biggest problem is that we can't go until August! Ick heat!!! But the plus side would be the 30% discount I can get on certain resorts :cool1: BUT, as a family of five, which would you recommend for a few days to "splurge" on or do you think it best to stay put at AoA? 18 yo wants to stay at POR because of some "note from Tiana"! They're obsessed! LOL

Any thoughts? Insights? Words of wisdom? :listen:

Thanks!!:thumbsup2

Hi all!

Super excited about hitting WDW this year as we've been away for three years!! :( I've got a dd graduating HS and one graduating MS and oldest dd is a junior in college. I offered them a trip anywhere for graduation! :hyper: :yay: Being good little WDW Addicts, they want to go check out all the new happenings in MK! We definitely want to check out Art of Animation - family suite as we are a family of five - almost all adults - 3 dd's ages 14, 18, 20, hubby and I.

Our biggest problem is that we can't go until August! Ick heat!!! But the plus side would be the 30% discount I can get on certain resorts :cool1: BUT, as a family of five, which would you recommend for a few days to "splurge" on or do you think it best to stay put at AoA? 18 yo wants to stay at POR because of some "note from Tiana"! They're obsessed! LOL

Any thoughts? Insights? Words of wisdom? :listen:

Thanks!!:thumbsup2

I think with that many teenage girls, you're going to want the second bathroom.

EDIT: Never mind....since you would have to get a second room at a Moderate, you'd have two bathrooms either way.

I think with that many teenage girls, you're going to want the second bathroom.

EDIT: Never mind....since you would have to get a second room at a Moderate, you'd have two bathrooms either way.

LOL Yes, we never go without second bathroom! Even on DCL we book two rooms - also so I can just get away from them for a while at night ;)

Actually, I was thinking of doing at least 2nights in a deluxe, but I guess none of those have 2 bathrooms, huh?

You pose a great question...:thumbsup2 I priced out our vacation back in December or something. Then I heard about the discount on the Dis and re-quoted the same trip.....$400.00 difference! I thought of going AKL for a two-day thing and then back to our fave resort...Caribbean Beach. However, we've been to WDW a bunch of times in the last 12/13 years and we've NEVER done anything 'extra' like a tour, etc. - except for La Nouba two years ago. So this year, with the money we're saving, I've decided to do a couple of tours - the Keys to The Kingdom Tour at MK and Behind the Seeds at Epcot. I am also taking my DW and DS on an air-boat ride somewhere in St. Cloud. I realize that with you it's x5 for everything but you just have to weigh your options and do what's right for you. The tours I'm doing aren't expensive per se either. Like $80.00 for the Keys tour and I think like $20 for Behind the Seeds. Eventually, I'd like to do the Backstage Magic tour but they are over $200.00 per person....:confused3

I would really like to stay at one of these deluxe resorts one day but in reality, our way of vacationing at WDW usually has us out and about and almost never in our room - except to sleep. So why would I spend the extra money when we are really using it as a place to lay our heads....granted a NICE place to lay your head. We really love Caribbean Beach though and the pools, etc. We've never stayed anywhere else....

Best of luck! This is the fun part of the whole trip....the planning!

We too have to go in August so the discount was lovely.

I would really like to stay at one of these deluxe resorts one day but in reality, our way of vacationing at WDW usually has us out and about and almost never in our room - except to sleep. So why would I spend the extra money when we are really using it as a place to lay our heads....granted a NICE place to lay your head. We really love Caribbean Beach though and the pools, etc. We've never stayed anywhere else....

Best of luck! This is the fun part of the whole trip....the planning!

We too have to go in August so the discount was lovely.

Ah, your plans make sense! I have never looked into any if the tours. And you're absolutely right about just resting your head! We go, go, go. We've stayed at all of the moderates and values and never any of the deluxe. I was thinking it might be a nice treat, but I do like the idea of something "different". Hmmm, now the wheels are turning! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter