Split Stay or One Resort?

Your DH is aware that you can visit these resorts outside of staying there right? With such limited time your experience isn't going to vary much than resort hopping - especially for one night at GF.

We've done a triple split before but it was 5, 5 and 2 - never again. The kids and I got away with having split stays for several trips much to my wife's complaints in order to explore resorts. I'm now in the no split category as it's just so much more enjoyable to establish your base camp and keep it for the duration. We will still get to most resorts even when not staying at them, except WL for some reason.

The BW area is pretty great though, our home is BC but we love staying Poly too.
I'm pretty sure this will be a one and done once my husband experiences it. Our home resorts are actually Beach Club and Polynesian but we have not stayed at either yet! I am using our Poly points for this trip and have a Beach Club trip planned for next year. Really excited for that!

And now my husband is convinced you all are trying to get our Grand Floridian reservation 🤣
Lol! You have great resorts on your reservation list. It will be a lot, but you’ll find out if you like split stays at all and you’ll get a feel for these resorts. I love VGF and BWV. My oldest daughter loves Poly and I thought it would be my favorite and it’s pretty far down my list. I found this out on a 4 night split (2 AKL/2 PVB) we did soon after we purchased. So even though I’d normally caution against a 3 resort 5 night split stay, I also think it could be a great sampling of the resorts for your future stays. Since you and your husband are going into it for this purpose I think it will be an adventure. Let us know what your thoughts are about the resorts after your stay!

We just found out my brother in law will be in Florida in May and want to meet him at Disney World.

So far, I have been able to piece together:

Two nights at Polynesian standard studio
Two nights at Boardwalk pool/garden studio
One night at Grand Floridian standard studio

Alternatively, I could get all five nights at Saratoga Springs.

We are planning two park days, one beach day and one resort day.

We have not stayed at any of these resorts so I am excited to check them out.

I have wait-listed Boardwalk to replace the Grand Floridian.

Is it going to be too much of a hassle to move between three resorts? Should I just change to Saratoga so we don't have to move? Or are these resorts worth moving around?

If we do decide to move to Saratoga, are the buses that bad?
In an amazing turn of events, I was able to get all 5 nights at the Polynesian! Thank you for the suggestion to keep checking for openings!!!

We've been at SSR for 3 weeks.

From here we walk to Disney Springs and OKW and take the boat to Port Orleans (beignets!). We took the bus to EPCOT, MK, and Boardwalk. Not bad rides and not full. This is late Jan/early Feb so your experience may vary.

Couple of things - the large pool at SSR is closed for refurb. And the spa is still closed.

We've been at SSR for 3 weeks.

From here we walk to Disney Springs and OKW and take the boat to Port Orleans (beignets!). We took the bus to EPCOT, MK, and Boardwalk. Not bad rides and not full. This is late Jan/early Feb so your experience may vary.

Couple of things - the large pool at SSR is closed for refurb. And the spa is still closed.
Yummmmmm... Beignets......:rolleyes1

We just came back from a split stay. We did 2 nights at AK Jambo, 1 night at OKW and 1 night at AA.
Nothing about it was awful. We knew going into it that we only were going to be able to pack the necessities. And by that I mean, we back-packed it. ------which is why think didn't make the experience awful. We were able to move from resort to resort with little to no difficulty bc we were able to take the backpacks on varies transportation. Additionally its just my DH and I.
( I still took 4 pairs of shoes and had outfits that I never wore during the duration of our stay.)

Would I do it again?... Yes, but would probably just 2 resorts on a split stay verse 3.

We have done multiple split stays with multiple configurations. As others have said - depends on your travel style, your park style, and your packing style! Also, a rental car with a split stay is super helpful. When with my family, I always carry a collapsible cooler to pack fridge food in on our change day.
Just did a girls trip with 2 nights AKK and 2 nights BLT and it was great. We changed resorts on our HS day when we knew we would not take a mid-day break. I forgot the cooler (not in mom mode!) so we “made” one out of ice in ziplock bags down in a plastic bag with our fridge foods. It sat in the floorboard of the car wrapped in my puffer jacket (I’m from CO…it was extremely cold the day I left so it went on the plane with me!) and there was still plenty of ice left at 11:00 that night.
With my family, we only do 4+ nights at a single resort. It’s just too much crap for me to be responsible for to move during a short trip. But we do enjoy the dynamic of enjoying different resorts across property during our stays!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter