Split Stay,Last minute resort change and park reservations???

Chupaca bruh

Mouseketeer
We have not been to WDW in four years and are not familiar with all of the new rules. We have a trip in the second week of December. The frist week of December will be doing non Disney stuff. We are DVC owners but had limited points available so we booked the last 3 nights of our 7 night trip at the Beach Club Villas. On December 1st our DVC points for next year will become available. This is 2 days before we fly out on our trip so we can then book our first 4 nights at another DVC. We are expecting to only have OKW or SS available. I am going to book a room at the All Star Movies for the first 4 nights in case nothing is available on December 1st. I will buy our theme park tickets shortly in order to make our park reservations in a timely manner. However I am unsure if we cancel the All Stars on December 1st after getting a DVC room, will that cancel our park reservation or cause any issues?

We have not been to WDW in four years and are not familiar with all of the new rules. We have a trip in the second week of December. The frist week of December will be doing non Disney stuff. We are DVC owners but had limited points available so we booked the last 3 nights of our 7 night trip at the Beach Club Villas. On December 1st our DVC points for next year will become available. This is 2 days before we fly out on our trip so we can then book our first 4 nights at another DVC. We are expecting to only have OKW or SS available. I am going to book a room at the All Star Movies for the first 4 nights in case nothing is available on December 1st. I will buy our theme park tickets shortly in order to make our park reservations in a timely manner. However I am unsure if we cancel the All Stars on December 1st after getting a DVC room, will that cancel our park reservation or cause any issues?
Availability of your DVC points to make a reservation depends on the dates of the reservation, not when you book it. So if as of Dec. 1 you'll have points that could be used for the first 4 nights of your visit, you should be able to book it now, whether those points are in the 2022 UY (I assume you have a December UY) or would be borrowed from your 2023 UY.

So I would strongly recommend that you go online to the member website ASAP and book those first four nights! The first two weeks of December are THE MOST POPULAR weeks for DVC owners, and they book up FAST!!!!

If you have trouble booking those nights or have other questions about the process, ask on the DISboards DVC Member Services forum HERE. We'll be glad to help!!

My husband handles all of the DVC reservations so I am not sure where the points came from. It sounds like we have to wait until December first to borrow points from 2024. In any case that is why I want a back up room so am worried about the park reservations if we do get to change.

My husband handles all of the DVC reservations so I am not sure where the points came from. It sounds like we have to wait until December first to borrow points from 2024. In any case that is why I want a back up room so am worried about the park reservations if we do get to change.
No, you do not have to wait until Dec. 1 to borrow points from 2024. The day you make the reservation does not matter; the actual dates of the nights you want are all that matter. You can always book your home resort 11 months to the day from the date you log on to book, so today you could book a reservation that started on April 18, 2023 for a total of 7 nights. For December 2022, you are well within the 11 month window so could book more than 7 nights, if that many are available.

For example, today you could book your home resort (assuming availability) for checking in on Dec. 1, 2022, and checking out on Dec. 8 and could use points banked from your Dec. 2021 UY, the points you get on Dec. 1, 2022, and could also borrow points from your Dec. 2023 UY. That can be done today - no need to wait. If you wait until December to book there will probably not be anything left available.

BTW you can't borrow from your Dec. 2024 UY for a stay in Dec. 2022.

If you have more questions or need more help, please ask on the DVC Member Services forum I linked above. Also, reading the Understanding Use Year thread here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/understanding-use-year-updated-february-10-2021.1942668/ might be helpful. We want you to be able to book your desired stay, if it's still available!

However I am unsure if we cancel the All Stars on December 1st after getting a DVC room, will that cancel our park reservation or cause any issues?
To answer your real question, no, canceling All Stars after you get a different room reservation won't cancel your park reservations or cause any issues.

Okay. Thank you both. I will see what the husband says. I believe he has sold, used and borrowed all the points from 20, 22 and 23. I will book a room to be safe. Don't want to get there and not have much to choose from room wise.

Okay. Thank you both. I will see what the husband says. I believe he has sold, used and borrowed all the points from 20, 22 and 23. I will book a room to be safe. Don't want to get there and not have much to choose from room wise.
Sounds like a cash reservation is a very good idea! Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter