Split Stay and New RFID refillable mug

HotMama

DIS Veteran
We were planning on switching resorts the last 2 days of our stay. We are buying the dining plan for the first resort we stay at & we are willing to pay out of pocket for our meals on the last 2 days. Will our mug still be good when we switch to our 2nd resort?? We plan on those being our pool days and that is when we would be using our mugs the most.

Per the official announcement from Disney I think the mug will work at any resort during your stay.

We were planning on switching resorts the last 2 days of our stay. We are buying the dining plan for the first resort we stay at & we are willing to pay out of pocket for our meals on the last 2 days. Will our mug still be good when we switch to our 2nd resort?? We plan on those being our pool days and that is when we would be using our mugs the most.

Your mug might work for the days of the dining plan, but it might not work when you are not on the plan unless you pay for the additional days.

Your mug might work for the days of the dining plan, but it might not work when you are not on the plan unless you pay for the additional days.

From everything I have read, I believe this is how it will work.

What if you are doing a split stay - room only reservations? I am booked at AoA for 2 days then move to the Poly. Can I buy the buy a mug at AoA and do the length of stay which will include the Poly? Or do you only get to do the length of stay for the resort that you are currently staying at - just as before.

What if you are doing a split stay - room only reservations? I am booked at AoA for 2 days then move to the Poly. Can I buy the buy a mug at AoA and do the length of stay which will include the Poly? Or do you only get to do the length of stay for the resort that you are currently staying at - just as before.

They are saying that with the new RFID mugs, you can use the mug at any resort while it is active. So you would most likely want to buy a 14 day mug, and it should work for 14 days at any resort.

The reason I asked my question was because of the answer given to the original poster - if you are getting a mug for a length of stay couldn't you just tact on the days that included the non dining plan days - your length of stay at Disney includes the non dining plan days.

Same question here:

Our first few nights are at AKL, with availability tight, we are moving to POR for the remaining nights.

If I buy the mug at AKL, will it be good for both hotels?
If I get the dining plan for the AKL portion, since the mug comes with the package is the mug valid only during the AKL part, or since it's length of stay does the mug remain active until we depart POR?

Also wondering if the sweet tea machine is on the same program too.

I would like to add, that not all the resorts are doing the refill mug with chip in the bottom. So, I guess depending on where you purchase your mug and use it, you may be ok. At least that is the way I understood it..

I am also wondering about the length of stay mug purchase. We are staying at POP the first night, then we move to BCV for 4 nights, then onto the Beach Club for another 4 nights, and finally our last night is back at POP. I wanted to purchase the mug at POP and use it for my entire stay. I am not sure if this is allowed or not. I have read conflicting reports, one says it is only for the length of stay at the same resort and then I heard that it is good for your entire stay even at different resorts as long as all stays are at Disney and run consecutive without any non Disney days mixed in.

I wish we could get a definitive answer from Disney. It would make it so much easier to decide what to do...

We are doing 1 night at AKL, 3 nights at POFQ, a 4 night Disney Dream Cruise and then 2 nights at POP when we get off the cruise.

Any idea how this will work? We are not on any dining plan and have left over tickets from our Disney vacation a few years ago.

Thanks,
Linda

Here is a post from the BC/YC FAQ Thread posted by TeenaS who is a greeter at BC.

Got some clarification on the new mugs.

The prices listed before are correct. A chip is on the bottom on the mugs. If you purchase a one day mug at 9 PM Sunday night, it stops working in three hours. Midnight is the cut off time ... doesn't matter when you purchase them.

The "length of stay" mugs are really 14 day mugs. Let's say you check in today at the BC and purchase the length of stay mug. It's good at any Disney resort (and now they are saying only resorts, not water parks) for 14 days. So you can do split stays, you can go on a 3 day cruise and come back and for 14 days, your mug works. If your reservation is for 17 days, you bring the mug back to merchandise on the 14th day and they will reprogram it for the next 3 days. They can "read" the chip that is on the mugs so they can tell the day you purchased it, etc. As far as loosing one, you MUST show your receipt.

You cannot microwave these mugs. It fries the chip. If you bring it back to merchandise with a fried chip, then you are out of luck, receipt or not.

There is also a regular old cardboard cup that can be purchased for a few dollars. It is good for 2 hours and/or 4 refills. It also has a chip on it.

The dispensers only dispense 12 ounces at a time and once you use your mug for a fill-up, you cannot get another fill-up for 2-1/2 minutes.

That should answer almost all the questions about split stays. The only thing I don't know about in regards to a split stay is if you are on the Dining Plan for the first part of your stay and then you have a room only for a couple days. The mugs are included with the Dining package so are they only good for the days you are on the Dining Plan?

I would like to add, that not all the resorts are doing the refill mug with chip in the bottom. So, I guess depending on where you purchase your mug and use it, you may be ok. At least that is the way I understood it..

All resorts ARE implementing Rapid Refill in very short order.

I love mixing the ice tea with lemonade = my version of an Arnold Palmer. They have ice tea and lemonade and I also mix them in one mug - usually have this instead of soda - will I be able to do this mix with the new mug?

Linda

I love mixing the ice tea with lemonade = my version of an Arnold Palmer. They have ice tea and lemonade and I also mix them in one mug - usually have this instead of soda - will I be able to do this mix with the new mug?

Linda

People who have used the mugs said that you can mix drinks as long as the total number of ounces dispensed does not exceed 12 oz.

I may be in the minority but I like the new system. We almost always do split stays, and really never purchased the mugs. We didnt want to buy a new mug everytime we went to our new "split stay" resort, and we didnt want to cheat the system, so we never got the mugs.
Now because they are "length of stay" and can be used even if you change resorts, we will probably be getting them now!
Way to go Disney .........a change that may work well :thumbsup2.

Syndrome

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter