What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)-Information Society
Wind Beneath My Wings-Bette Midler

Sucking in the 70s
Seasons in the Sun-Terry Jacks
Billy, Don't Be a Hero-Bo Donaldson
My Eyes Adored You-Frankie Valli
Time in a Bottle-Jim Croce
Chuck E's In Love-Rickie Lee Jones

As horrible as these are, they don't come close to the repulsiveness of Whitney Houston's version of "I Will Always Love You"

I like lot of these “worst songs” lol. Some of my favourites even made it. Lol. I like lots of 80 song.

My least favourite:

All I want to do is have some fun- Sheryl Crow
Dancing in the. Street - Bowie and Jagger

Both were overplayed at the time.

I also do not like “When Doves Cry” by Prince.

70's
Indian Reservation - Paul Revere & The Raiders
Half Breed - Cher
I Like Dreamin' - Kenny Nolan

80's
Ghostbusters - Ray Parker,Jr.
Funkytown - Lipps Inc.
Walk Like An Egyptian - The Bangles

"Don't Worry, Be Happy" - I hated that song!

Apparently, Bobby McFerrin grew to hate the song too. After being forced to sing it too many times and also hearing it that many more times on the radio, he refused to ever sing it again. :badpc:

Use any criteria you want to, such as being way overplayed, too sugary, or nauseating enough to wanna make you puke your guts out.

70's
You Light Up My Life-Debby Boone

LOL. Certainly can see that using overplayed as a criteria since it was the best selling song of the entire decade!

For me it is John Lennon's Imagine. Overplayed after his death. And IMHO not one of his better songs to begin with.

LOL. Certainly can see that using overplayed as a criteria since it was the best selling song of the entire decade!

For me it is John Lennon's Imagine. Overplayed after his death. And IMHO not one of his better songs to begin with.

Yes, you're correct that I put You Light Up My Life on my list because it was SOOOOOOOOOO overplayed. By itself, it was OK, somewhat schmaltzy, but no worse than many similar songs.

Speaking of John Lennon, some more Worst Songs. Any and all of his B-sides or album tracks where Yoko Ono "sings."

Don't say you weren't warned.

Last edited:
Yes, you're correct that I put You Light Up My Life on my list because it was SOOOOOOOOOO overplayed. By itself, it was OK, somewhat schmaltzy, but no worse than many similar songs.

Speaking of John Lennon, some more Worst Songs. Any and all of his B-sides or album tracks where Yoko Ono "sings."

Don't say you weren't warned.

YLUML was definitely overplayed back in 1977. I grew up in the Bible Belt where many people ( including Debby Boone) reimagined it as a song about their relationship with God. I got sick of it at the time, of course; I recall it being played just about every hour and a half, but now 42 years later when I (rarely) hear it I actually find it quite refreshing and it’s a snapshot memory of my late high school years which was a very happy and exciting time in my life. I definitely miss the more innocent pop music of my youth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter