Spilt stays!!

iceprincesskcl

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I've been to Disney many times but have never thought of staying at two different resorts!

Can someone please explain how it works and how best to book!!!!

Thank you in advance!!

My wife and I enjoy splitting our stay between resorts because each one is such a different experience and it feels like starting a new adventure and a new vacation... provided you're staying more than just a couple of nights. You don't want to feel rushed and like you have to move just when you were getting settled in to begin with.

We usually split our stay between only two resorts over 8 to 13 nights total. Once we did 3 resorts over 10 nights. Most of our stays now average 12 or 13 nights.

You would book them as two separate reservations. Just choose which resorts you prefer and the dates.

We've been DVC members since 2003. Before then, we usually booked rooms only.

On the day you move, you can just call Bell Services and ask them to pick up your luggage and transfer it to your next destination. It's very easy. All baggage transfers usually occur between 1:00 & 3:00 PM.

If you're on the Dining Plan, your DDP credits don't expire until midnight on the departure day from your first resort. So if you have any unused credits, you can carry them over through the arrival day of your second resort. year before last year we checked out of SSR and into Kidani Village with four table service entitlements left between the two us, which we planned to use at Jiko... and did. Just remember to use the previous KTTW card with the leftover credits and not your new resort card if you do this.

I dont mind them but my wife has pretty much banned them after our BW/BC split stay a few years back. Just felt like we couldnt get settled, knowing we were going to move to another resort and while I know how she felt it didn't bug me too much.

It is nice knowing your room is your room for the next X nights I guess. Maybe long stays arent as bad.

We love split stays and think that's what we'll always do in the future. We make room only reservations, so there are no package or ticket issues to worry about. Sometimes on transfer day, we leave our luggage with Bell Services, head out to a park and then straight to resort #2 in the afternoon. If we need our luggage or are going to a park close to resort #2, we take a cab to resort #2 really early the morning of transfer day, bring our luggage with us and check in before rope drop.

One of the reasons we'll continue split stays is that we love the convenience of staying in an MK resort on MK days and the convenience of staying in an Epcot area resort on DHS or Epcot days. So we'll stay at an MK resort first and spend most of our time at MK and AK, then transfer to an Epcot area resort and spend most of our time at DHS and Epcot during that part of the stay.

If you don't mind packing up (and we don't pack a ton anyway, so it's not a big deal for us) a split stay can be great!

The biggest disadvantage is packing up. Also, we don't have a car when we travel to WDW so you have to rely on cab service or Disney bus service to transfer you to your new hotel. Disney will move your luggage for you and that was a great help since they don't allow luggage on their buses.

One of the reasons we'll continue split stays is that we love the convenience of staying in an MK resort on MK days and the convenience of staying in an Epcot area resort on DHS or Epcot days. So we'll stay at an MK resort first and spend most of our time at MK and AK, then transfer to an Epcot area resort and spend most of our time at DHS and Epcot during that part of the stay.

Agree 100% with this and will also add that a slick way to do the transfer day is to visit Epcot that day. For example, on our last Poly/BC split, we checked out of the Poly (checking bags with bell services before leaving our room), walked over to the TTC and hopped onto the Epcot Monorail, did Epcot until around 4 pm, and then strolled over to the BC and checked in (the guy at check-in requested for Bell Services bring our bags to our room, which were delivered within minutes).

My parents, with whom we had connecting rooms at both resorts, were amazed at how smoothly this went.

Agree 100% with this and will also add that a slick way to do the transfer day is to visit Epcot that day. For example, on our last Poly/BC split, we checked out of the Poly (checking bags with bell services before leaving our room), walked over to the TTC and hopped onto the Epcot Monorail, did Epcot until around 4 pm, and then strolled over to the BC and checked in (the guy at check-in requested for Bell Services bring our bags to our room, which were delivered within minutes).

My parents, with whom we had connecting rooms at both resorts, were amazed at how smoothly this went.

Woo hoo! Really happy to hear this, since that's our plan at the end of this month! We're starting at Poly on transfer day, heading over to Epcot and checking in at BWI in the late afternoon. Love to hear your success story!

We're doing our first split stay in Sept. Doing it for 2 reasons: 1) Experience 2 resorts in one vacation period, and 2) Save on points.

4 nights in an AKV Studio.
5 nights in a BCV 1 BR.

We'll have a car and having the 1 BR at the end of the trip will be like a luxury upgrade, plus being able to do our laundry in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter