SpaceSaver bags?

momoftwins

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I saw an infomercial for the roll-up kind of spacesaver bags from Samsonite. Has anyone tried them? What do you think?

Thanks and have a great new year.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I have some - not from Samsonite, but from Magellans. They work ok and do shrink things down a few inches. The rolling to get the air out can get to you though - I usually end up sitting or laying on them instead. :)

We usually only travel with one carry on bag each, so they have come in handy.

Shelly - I haven't noticed wrinkles, but I never really look for them when travelling. You fold them before they go in, then roll it or flatten it, so it's not too bad.

I haven't actually used mine on vacation yet (11 more days to go). However, I tried them out and they seem to work great! We like to bring our own pillows. Ours are just more comfortable then the resort ones. I put all 4 pillows in and we were shocked at how well they "smushed" down! We did get the travel ones but you can still use a vacuum to close them. That works even better then sitting on them or rolling them. We will have a vacuum at OKW so this should work out great.

Lisa

LisaR -

Sounds like you're leaving the same day as my husband and I are. I can't wait to get on the plane and get on our way down to Florida. That's a great idea about taking your own pillows. I always say that I'm going to do that and walk out of the house and forget. Then when its time to go to sleep that first night at the hotel that's when I remember that I forgot my pillows at home and I can never get comfortable. I'm going to add "pillows" to my list along with the other things that I don't want to leave behind at home.

Thanks for reminding me!

LisaR -

Sounds like you're leaving the same day as my husband and I are. I can't wait to get on the plane and get on our way down to Florida. That's a great idea about taking your own pillows. I always say that I'm going to do that and walk out of the house and forget. Then when its time to go to sleep that first night at the hotel that's when I remember that I forgot my pillows at home and I can never get comfortable. I'm going to add "pillows" to my list along with the other things that I don't want to leave behind at home.

Thanks for reminding me!

I have the samsonite bags and they work great. Just bring a bottle of downy wrinkle releaser and you should be fine.
The bags I have don't require a vaccum....you just roll them to press the air out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter