Space Shuttle Launches Viewing Tips? Etc?

Is there a thread dedicated to the last launch or is this it? We're staying in Daytona, driving to Titusville probably about 3 or 4 in the morning with about a million other people :banana: :woohoo:

Now that the last shuttle orbiter has been powered down for the final time, should this still be a sticky thread?

Maybe the title should be modified. They are still launching rockets from KSC. And, at some point, we will be launching manned missions again.

I forgot to post it at the time, but, last June, during the last Shuttle Landing, I did manage to HEAR the shuttle go over. It was about 2:00 am and I was sitting on the balcony at Saratoga. DTD view too. Didn't see it, but, I got a nice hit from the twin sonic booms.

It probably will be a while before we have landings again over WDW, but, launches are still scheduled.

Just to throw my 2 cents in here, I was surprised by a launch while we were at WDW on our trip in Nov '09. We were in Fantasyland, and I saw people looking up and pointing in back of us. I turned around and there it was. I whipped out the phone and got some video. Normally, I'd keep informed on when a Shuttle was launching, but this one evaded me. Good thing, too, since it gave my son, then 4, the chance to see a space launch direclty, rather than just on TV or the web. (Did they still televise Shuttle launches at all? I can't tell you when is the last time I saw a launch or landing on the tube, flat panel, whatever. TOO MUCH CHANGE!! GET OFF MY LAWN! :lmao: )

They televise important launches. Think they only stream other launches on the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter