Space Shuttle Launches Viewing Tips? Etc?

Where is the best view from Hollywood Studios. That is where my family and I will be on March 18th.

The launch was moved to April 5th a couple weeks ago because the cold weather was preventing them from rolling Discovery out to the launch pad.

There are 4 shuttle launches left before the program retires. Discovery on 4/5, Atlantis in May, Endeavour on 7/29, and Discovery in September.

The launch was moved to April 5th a couple weeks ago because the cold weather was preventing them from rolling Discovery out to the launch pad.

There are 4 shuttle launches left before the program retires. Discovery on 4/5, Atlantis in May, Endeavour on 7/29, and Discovery in September.

Good, one less thing to plan. Thanks.

I've read throuhg...a lot of the thread (not all of it, I admit) so forgive me if it's been asked and answered.

We're headed down for the May 14 launch (personally I don't care if I see it or not 'cause it's getting me to WDW, lol). We decided that doing a tour was too much with a 2 year old so we're planning on Space View Park in Titusville.

I've read some websites, but still can't find more info about the Titusville area and the park.

Are there bathrooms? Stuff to entertain a 2 year old (like actual park stuff)? Are there trees/shade? Anywhere to eat (we're planning a picnic, but...)?

Is there stuff to do in Titusville after the launch (to try to avoid some traffic)? Any good places to eat?

Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

I have seen the launce twice from Epcot and once from Animal Kingdom. This time we plan on being at MGM.. ok Hollywood Studios. Does anyone know the best place to view it from there?? :)

Where is the best view from Hollywood Studios. That is where my family and I will be on March 18th.

Did you get to see it from Hollywood Studios... That is the park we will be at in May for the launch.

Where is the best spot to view from MGM???

:goodvibes

I've read throuhg...a lot of the thread (not all of it, I admit) so forgive me if it's been asked and answered.

We're headed down for the May 14 launch (personally I don't care if I see it or not 'cause it's getting me to WDW, lol). We decided that doing a tour was too much with a 2 year old so we're planning on Space View Park in Titusville.

I've read some websites, but still can't find more info about the Titusville area and the park.

Are there bathrooms? Stuff to entertain a 2 year old (like actual park stuff)? Are there trees/shade? Anywhere to eat (we're planning a picnic, but...)?

Is there stuff to do in Titusville after the launch (to try to avoid some traffic)? Any good places to eat?

Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

There really isn't too much in the park at all, except a small walkway along side the water. I remember a bathroom, and they ran out of toilet paper fairly fast. My dh and sons took a walk, and found a hotel, that was had a hamburger stand set-up and they were selling hamburgers, hotdogs, soda's and chips. Lots of people around us, asked were we got the food. We noticed that we were really the only U.S. residents, every one around us, was from a different country. 3 German students that found a bench, very early in the day, asked us to save the bench for them, and they ran over and got hamburgers. So, I would maybe pack food in, or go to Subway or something else and bring along your food. Also I'm glad we brought beach towels, because we staked out our spot on the sidewalk area, and this allowed us to move on the grass with blankets and take naps.

We got to this area about 3 hours before launch. Right before launch, you will notice a lot of photographers, that bring tri-pods in, and they will try to set the tri-pods up on the top of you. We saw a few people get upset, including myself. The lady told me to just sit still, and I wouldn't notice the tri-pod. I told her no, if I moved an inch, I would knock it over. She eventually moved and yelled at her husband, that she told him, they should of came sooner.

Did you get to see it from Hollywood Studios... That is the park we will be at in May for the launch.

Where is the best spot to view from MGM???

:goodvibes

There was a launch when we were there last November. We were at DHS. We weren't quite sure where to go so we just sat in front of the hat and looked toward the main entrance. The shuttle was to the right of the entrance and was blocked a little by a big tree so my suggestion would be to go closer to the AI attraction. Even though the shuttle view was obstructed it was still amazing. HTH :)

Thanks...:) We will be there next week... and we are still planning on being in MGM the day of the 14th. I hope we can see it from the American Idol Attraction area. :)

I made sure that we were in the Mission Space area for the launch and I will say that it was by far the highlight of my trip. It was almost surreal seeing what we could of the launch and being the sap that I am I actually teared up. My DH isn't that into the space program, my six year old doesn't fully grasp the importance or awesomeness:banana::banana:

In DHS you want to be outside of the Studios. :)

The open concrete area on the path to the boat ramp, looking to the right of Spaceship Earth. If you can't see Spaceship Earth, stand on the metal rail, with the boat landing to your left and look across the water.

I've seen it there and on the edge of Black lake at SSR, just near the pool.

I have seen won and we had an amazing view. It was just at our hotels pool! It was about midnight so we were alone and it was really cool. We were at Pop Century.

I'm so excited because I'll be there for the next launch - if it goes as scheduled now. I don't know where I want to be that day to watch though.

We have watched from AK, Hollywood Studios and Epcot. I think I liked Epcot best of all! Right over the top of Mission Space! :)

Blizzard Beach on the tower headed up to Summit is an excellent Vantage point, as well as the Contemporary. I have been able to see them from both of the 1020s rather clear.

Shuttle launch now scheduled for MAY 10!

We will be at Ak or AKLodge?

Any viewing tips?

We have see it from AK before from bridge by Africa is this the best place to view from AK? What about the lodge? Depending on the time of launch, I am not sure where we will be.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter