Space 220 opening mid-September 2021

OH NO YOU DON'T! I refuse to jump into this wagon one more time only to find out it's not going anywhere. I'll be happy if it opens, but til then.... I'll just be in "Hypersleep". (One last time.... I really miss Gary Sinese!!)
Ah cmon! Jump in the wagon!! We’ve got little foil packets of dehydrated shrimp cocktail!! And it’ll still be better than the shrimp casserole at ‘Ohana!! 🤣🤣🤣

And we went to a soft opening before the Nov 1 MNSSHP that year. So for those hoping for a soft opening you may luck out.
I think they’d have to do a soft opening if they want an official launch on Oct 1st! Restaurants really need some time to work the kinks out, especially a unique one like this and especially before launching on what’s going to be a massive crowd day.

We lucked out and went to the soft opening for the be our guest restaurant and that entire area. It was pretty empty and fantastic, because no one knew the could go in.

How did you find out about the Soft Opening?

We just stumbled on it. We went to the Halloween Party and got there around 4. We walked over to Fantasyland area because it was being built on our last trip. It wasn't open yet but there were several cast members hanging around. Someone said to check back in a little while because they may be letting people in for some soft openings. We hung around the area and after about 20 minutes they started letting people in. We were able to ride Little Mermaid. We saw some cast members in front of Be Our Guest. We went over to talk to them and they told us they were seating people. We already had an early dinner before heading to the party and asked if we could just order dessert. They were fine with that. We ended up ordering soup, wine, and we shared a dessert. Half way through the meal I realized it was my first alcoholic beverage inside the Magic Kingdom.

I remember when BOG ADRs opened up on the phone lines. Somehow, I must've been pixie-dusted as my call went straight to a CM and I had an ADR within a couple of minutes for our Dec trip that year. I know many were on hold for hours and hours that day.

I agree that there will probably be soft openings at SPACE....but when it opens for sure....who knows right now!

(Starts stalking the reservation page again)
My struggle is my in-laws will be with us when we’re there, don’t know if they’ll like it or want to pay for it :/

Since Disney owns the Muppets franchise, maybe a pork dish will be called "Pigs in Space"!
Disney does not own this restaurant, it is run by the Patina Group. So might not be able to. But it would be very funny!

Eek! I'm there in mid- to end of September! I hope I can snag reservations when they are announced! It's the only thing my daughter has specifically asked to do if it is open. And it is so hard to please a tween/early teen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter