Spa question

mort1331

DIS Veteran
Ok for a male who has never done or seen the inside of a spa, but wants to treat the wife. All the treatments look the same and blur together when looking at the descriptions of what they are. For just a massage, which one? is there really any difference? Help the uneducated please and thank you.

I guess the answer is more about what the wife may want or has experienced before. In general (and I hate doing this because no matter what is suggested somebody will say something else) though women tend to favor gentle massages or facials. At Aulani the LomiLomi massage is the standard and its very nice.

I get a monthly massage for my shoulder from an RMT and I feel that a basic LomiLomi massage might be the closest to a standard massage.
If she is fair skinned or doesn't tan her skin, I would stay away from a facial during a summer vacation in Hawaii.
I believe the soaking pools and garden are included with massage, plan your day around her being gone for a while LOL

I get a monthly massage for my shoulder from an RMT and I feel that a basic LomiLomi massage might be the closest to a standard massage.
If she is fair skinned or doesn't tan her skin, I would stay away from a facial during a summer vacation in Hawaii.
I believe the soaking pools and garden are included with massage, plan your day around her being gone for a while LOL
Shes from Greek background,,not fair at all,,her suntan lotion is baby oil...lol...
Thanks all go with the simple Lomi it is..
Now my girls are 11 and 15,,can they go in at the same time for something?
Daddy free time for a few hours,,,just saying.

I, as a male, took the dive and got my first massage ever at my wife's suggestion. Went with the LomiLomi that many are suggesting. It was fantastic. Simple but nonetheless incredibly relaxing.

It is the "pre-show" and "post-show" amenities that make it special as well as you prepare to engage in the spa, and then clean up afterwards.

I did see a young teen in the garden while I was waiting my turn, and she did appear to be accompanied by a mother FYI.

I, as a male, took the dive and got my first massage ever at my wife's suggestion. Went with the LomiLomi that many are suggesting. It was fantastic. Simple but nonetheless incredibly relaxing.

It is the "pre-show" and "post-show" amenities that make it special as well as you prepare to engage in the spa, and then clean up afterwards.

I did see a young teen in the garden while I was waiting my turn, and she did appear to be accompanied by a mother FYI.
hmm tough choice,,,spa or golf in Hawaii....lol decisions decisions

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter