Southwest Credit Question

Tiggs14

DIS Veteran
If you use a credit to pay a very small portion of a new booking does the balance paid by credit card take on the expiry date of the small credit if you cancel the flights?

I think I may have messed up in using a $16 dollar credit on a $500 plus booking and want to confirm this before my 24 hour cancellation period is up. If all funds take on the previous credit expiry date I need to cancel the booking and rebook without using the small credit.

I tried to find this information on the Southwest site but didn't have any luck...hopefully someone here can let me know before I call Southwest in the morning.

** Please disregard this question...I called and found out that the entire balance takes on the credit expiry date. I cancelled the booking I made earlier today and rebooked without the credit. Much better to lose $16 than to possibly lose $500 plus if we need to cancel or rebook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter