Sorry - Another pool question

johnnyr

DIS Veteran
There seems to be a lot of posts lately regarding pool hopping. Sorry to post another thread on this topic, but I didn’t see this covered in previous posts. We just found out that friends of ours are going to be at WL the exact same time we are staying at the Poly. We wanted to setup play dates for our kids at each of the resort pools. Is it possible for us to go visit our friends at WL and allow our kids to swim with their kids in the WL pool? Also, our friends want to meet us at the Poly with their kids to swim. We just don’t know if Disney allows this and don’t want to break any of the rules. Thanks for any help you can give us.

I am pretty sure that this is not a problem. In fact, we did the exact same thing the last time we and some friends of ours vacationed together, but stayed at different resorts. We explained the situation at the front desk, just to be sure, and were told that it was absolutely OK and that we needn't even have asked - it's different than pool-hopping just for the heck of it.

It's good to know that the front desk CMs allowed this!

Please don't be surprised or offended if others post & tell you it's not allowed, you should meet at a water park, etc. etc. Hopefully the pool police are too busy to comment on your question. :rolleyes:

I am puzzled when people post questions like this. I suspect the OP already knows the rule (pools are only for registered guest of that hotel). I suspect (as was previously posted) that Disney would probably agree to bend the rules in the circumstance posted but no one in these boards is authorized by Disney to make an exception. You really either have to either stay in the same hotel or ask nicely when you get there. It doesn't matter how many posts you get for (or against) what you want to do.

Originally posted by johnnyr
. We just don’t know if Disney allows this and don’t want to break any of the rules. Thanks for any help you can give us.

I would suspect they ask because they don't know the answer, but would like to!

As you can see, the OP doesn't have a lot of posts and so it's safe to assume they are fairly new to these boards.

If we only asked questions that had never been asked before, there wouldn't be too many questions that could be asked. As far as not being authorized by Disney to give permission...none of the answers to any of the questions posted here have the seal of approval from Disney.

If someone want's a definite, guaranteed answer, they'd of course have to ask the folks that own the place. Sometimes it's nice to sort of get a heads up about something first instead of making long distance phone calls everytime a question pops up.
I see nothing wrong with that and I see no reason why civil answers can't be given to the questions on pool use, refillable mugs, number of guests to a room or smoking issues.

Now that I've said all that off topic stuff......
I agree with the comments that have been posted. The rule at Disney is that pools are for the exclusive use of the guests of each resort. However, many people report being allowed to visit with no problems.

it's different
than pool-hopping just for the heck of it.
It is pool hopping, since the definition is using a pool at a resort where you are not a registered guest (even if you are a registered guest at another WDW resort). Pool hopping is not allowed except to a sister resort (for example, AS resorts are sister resorts), if the main pool at your resort is being renovated or for DVC members staying on points.
DVC members are supposed to call the resort they want to "hop" before going over to see if pool hopping is allowed - it may not be allowed if the pool/resort is busy. During peak seasons, pool hopping is not allowed at all, even for DVC members and never allowed at AKL or SAB. DVC members who are pool hopping may be asked to leave if the pool becomes too crowded.

The resort can make exceptions to the rules. So, I'd suggest that you check with the front desk at your resort on the day that you want to pool hop and see if it is allowed. It's likely you may be told it's OK since both you and your guests are staying at a WDW resort and the resort CMs will probably want to help you out. If you do it, be prepared that you may be asked to show your hotel ID and be asked to leave if it becomes busy.

I don't know when you're going, but if it's during busy season and the pools might get overly crowded and the front desk and/or the pool guard says "no," my suggestion would be your family and your friends can go to the water park and still enjoy swimming there...or a nice character meal with your friends woulda be nice too! :)

Thanks for all of your replies. I didn’t intend to start an argument, but I honestly didn’t know the answer and was hoping to find it here so I could better plan my vacation. That was the reason for posting my question. I’ll check with the front desk when I arrive.

Peachgirl –Thanks for supporting my post.

Lewisc – You shouldn’t feel puzzled about my post. Isn’t the purpose of these boards for an open question and answer forum as well as sharing information with on another? If not, I must be in the wrong place.

Hi JohnnyR - I hope that you and your friends will be able to spend some time together with your children playing in the pool. For some reason, the word 'POOL' brings out the dark side of some people. Personally we never use the pool while we are there, so maybe that is the reason that I don't get so tense (and just think all of you pool people, that is extra room for you while I am there since we do not use the pool) when people ask a pool question. I did not see anything wrong with your question - and I do not consider what you asked that dreaded 'POOL HOPPING' that makes people see RED. I can certainly understand why friends who are all staying on property might want to share an afternoon beside the pool and I hope that Disney will also. Have a GREAT trip! :D

johnnyr, good luck with your pool crossovers

I support SueM's view on this - just ask each day and unless it is really busy there should not be a problem

Let us know after your trip how it went with a pool report :p

Thanks
jaysue

Johhnyr,

In Feb i was staying at the poly and my brother and his two kids were at cr...one day he came and had lunch and we all went swimming...i did ask first and they told me that it was no problem...i dont think you will have a problem especially since you are both staying onsite...it is not really an unreasonable request..hope you have fun:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter