Sorcerer pass wirh no blue card?

I get it. I was just pointing out that my white card already states I am not eligible for these things. Pretty much what I noticed, is I wear my DVC hat. They ask for the card, I flash the white card and they go ok. I went a whole week long trip and got the discount at every place. Only the gift shop at Buzz asked to see my ID. I just dont see how any of these changes with the new digital card. Unless it is linked to MDE. Which there is still ways to get around.

I really dont think they care. It only takes money out of their pocket to care. I bought more merch during that week because I was getting that discount. When I go in Feb I will try to upgrade. If it works. I for see at least 2 more trips next year maybe more. If it doesnt this will be my only trip next year.

Yeah this is has been a that way since mobile ordering and self check out started. MDE doesnt know the difference between white/blue card members. Maybe this is what they are fixing with the digital card. I just dont trust Disney IT to be able to figure that out.

Actually, the white card does not say you are not eligible. It just says you can do a few things. If it said "Not eligible for discounts", it would not work at all. But, I do agree that at this point, they seem not to care. But, your experience of getting it with a white card was not mine. I had to show the blue card, after showing the white most of the time. It worked for me about 30% of the time. Why is that? Because some CM's know it is supposed to be a blue card. Those that allow the white card either don't know or don't care.

Again, that is what I take issue with because had I not also been a blue card holder. My hope is that they do make it so things are tied to the MDE and that the discount, with ID, is applied automatically with no CM involved in deciding. This way, either only blue card will get, or all DVC will get, but at least it will be fair to all.

Honestly, the issue with CMs not differentiating between blue/white cards is absolutely about greed on Disney's part. This is for two reasons:
1. Disney could probably update their tech to allow stores, restaurants, etc. to recognize a DVC member when a MagicBand is scanned to automatically apply a discount (we know this is possible because tapstiles for the parks already know the difference!). However, they don't do it because they want you to forget to add the discount to your purchase. They're giving you "savings" that you might forget to use, hence they get more money.

2. They don't pay the CMs enough to care. When I worked minimum wage at Wendy's, I gave people free fries any time someone asked. Wendy's is a big corporation, fries cost almost nothing, and there's no accurate way to measure fries that are sold versus fries that are dumped for being stuck under the heat lamp for too long. Plus who doesn't want to help out a hungry person who's short on cash?
Same principle for CMs giving DVC discounts to white card members. They know Disney is expensive as heck, they know they won't get in trouble for it (CMs don't have to enter your membership ID or even get manager approval to apply the discount), and they are overworked--it makes their lives much easier not having to argue with someone about the difference between a white/blue card.

Disney's pausing sales of all passes except for Pixie Dust Pass. Looks like no one (blue/white card) is getting them anytime soon!

https://*****.com/2021/11/breaking-...t-annual-passes-ahead-of-busy-holiday-season/
I’m really surprised. Even though they did say passes would not always be available when they went on sale again (I don’t recall the exact wording they used), I don’t think anyone expected another pause in AP sales. All passes except the Pixie Dust Pass as “temporarily unavailable” on the website, as well. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/benefits-of-becoming-a-passholder/

According to DFB, current passholders will be able to renew and only sales of new APs are paused. https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021/11/21/breaking-sales-paused-for-most-disney-world-annual-passes/

I feel for anyone who planned to upgrade their tickets this week (or at any point until they re-open new AP sales). I understand that this is likely related to availability of park reservations and it makes more sense to pause new AP sales while reservations are hard to get but it still stinks for those who planned to bridge their tickets to APs. I wonder how long new AP sales will be paused.

Last edited:
I’m really surprised. Even though they did say passes would not always be available when they went on sale again (I don’t recall the exact wording they used), I don’t think anyone expected another pause in AP sales. All passes except the Pixie Dust Pass as “temporarily unavailable” on the website, as well. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/benefits-of-becoming-a-passholder/

Honestly, I had just assumed they would sell out and discontinue sales a lot sooner than they did. I had made the (incorrect) assumption they had a limit of numbers for each category of pass, and they would hit that ceiling within a few weeks. I'm not planning to go until May next year, but I bought the pass immediately to activate later for this exact situation. That said, it does seem like this is more of a temporary pause over the festive period due to limited AP reservation availability; I expect they will be on sale again come January.

I suspect prices will increase again up early next year. People are mad but keep forking over the money! It doesn’t matter if they are cutting DME, not running parking trams, forcing park reservations, no parades, closing parks early for paid events or opening late (Epcot at 11) or no DDP. They are bringing back churros and I guess that’s enough.

Easy for me to day since I hold an AP already, but I’d rather them suspend sales than having the same thing that’s going on at DL. Imagine having the highest tier with no blackout dates but having no reservations available for any park for all of December. First available weekend park reservation for APs there isn’t until February.

I don’t know how this relates, but I just got a passholder survey. It was huge and took over 30 minutes to do. Very thorough and touched on everything from price, usage, communications, genie & LL, merchandise, future renewals, etc.

:( I just got off the phone with membership services - I could not purchase the sorcerers pass as I purchased my DVC via resale.
Sorry I’m late to replying. I had to call 3 times before I got someone at members services who would sell it to me. Just keep trying.

I think there will be a lot of disappointed people who got vouchers, but won't be able to activate, even though it was a risk to buy since we know DVC has said its only available for those eligible.

Based on a few experiences just shared, the CMs know one needs a card and won't sell it without it. So, if this new digital card is given only to blue card owners, or the ones given to those not eligible for membership perks say "not eligible for discounts, including the pass", there won't be anymore loophole or way around it, unless you get a CM to sell it anyway.

I haven't seen anything that white card members still won't get the same digital card they always have gotten. I'm sure if they did start not activating people's vouchers, they would refund them so not sure what "risk" they would be taking....

Weird, I got mine through MS just a few days before this and then activated it at EPCOT on the 11th
My husband actually got the pass through ticketing (luckily before they stopped selling them). The CM placed him on hold briefly to check and see if he was able to purchase it, came back and said it fine.

I haven't seen anything that white card members still won't get the same digital card they always have gotten. I'm sure if they did start not activating people's vouchers, they would refund them so not sure what "risk" they would be taking....

They won't refund, but the value will be applied to a new ticket. I guess 'risk' is not the right word but rather spent more moey for the pass vs. tickets.

While we have not seen anything official, there is really no need for a white card holder to have one so it is possible that they are looking at ways to make it easier for the system to recognize an owner as eligible for discounts, taking it out of the hands of CMs.

The new cards will be out by the time sales resume...if the rumor proves true we won't see sales again until the first of the year. So I guess we will see if that impacts who will be able to activate.

This is very unfortunate and frustrating for members who were expecting to upgrade to a Sorcerer or IncrediPass during their December trip. I was originally in that group, but got nervous and decided to deal with the long hold times to upgrade my park hopper for December despite reassurances from every cast member I spoke with on the phone that upgrades would be available when I went.

I was even asked to wait to upgrade in person by a few of the cast members in ticketing because it was a pain to get ahold of the correct department to do the upgrade. I hope Disney offers day ticket holders an option to upgrade (with ticket credit) once annual passes resume. I won't hold my breathe under Chapek/D'Amaro.

All AP sales are now suspended, so it won't work until they start again.
Yea..I have 4 passes just need to activate them in person in 2 weeks. Fairly certain they will let me use a white card just trying to get a feel for what people are seeing there now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter