Sorcerer pass wirh no blue card?

I wonder if this will still be allowed once the digital cards come in and annual passes return. I’ve got a feeling they will enforce the blue card requirement more strictly

I wonder if this will still be allowed once the digital cards come in and annual passes return. I’ve got a feeling they will enforce the blue card requirement more strictly
Maybe if the new ID's come with a QR or bar code I could see that being the case. Otherwise I don't see why the ID's going digital would change this.

Or if there are digital cards for blue card members and nothing for white card.
Have we seen anything to suggest that will happen? There are still limited instances where white card members are required to show ID, like when accessing ToTW and DVC exclusive merchandise. Seems more likely they are just migrating blue cards to the same platform that white cards have already been on for some time now.

Have we seen anything to suggest that will happen? There are still limited instances where white card members are required to show ID, like when accessing ToTW and DVC exclusive merchandise. Seems more likely they are just migrating blue cards to the same platform that white cards have already been on for some time now.
Blue cards are also available in the same format as the digital white cards. The new system is supposed to be done through MDE rather than the member site. The only 2 things that that white cards were really used for were TOWL and DVD rentals and there's nothing saying that either of those things need to continue.

ETA, sorry TOWL and Pool Hopping...which also doesn't have to stay.

Last edited:

Blue cards are also available in the same format as the digital white cards. The new system is supposed to be done through MDE rather than the member site. The only 2 things that that white cards were really used for were TOWL and DVD rentals and there's nothing saying that either of those things need to continue.

ETA, sorry TOWL and Pool Hopping...which also doesn't have to stay.
Maybe neither will come back as DVC Member perks at all. If that turns out to be the case, would there be any need or purpose for white cards?
I suppose that's all possible and wouldn't be too surprising... But man, at the rate they're going there won't be much need for a blue card either in a few years time. No more moonlight magic, significantly reduced AP discount, and that EPCOT lounge probably isn't long for this world either. Even the merch and food discount is useless to me due to all APs getting the same or better.

I suppose that's all possible and wouldn't be too surprising... But man, at the rate they're going there won't be much need for a blue card either in a few years time. No more moonlight magic, significantly reduced AP discount, and that EPCOT lounge probably isn't long for this world either. Even the merch and food discount is useless to me due to all APs getting the same or better.

The food and merchandise does work well though for those with the AP. My DD was just there, using up her last few comp tickets from when she worked for Disney, and it came in handy. I do think special events like Moonlight Magic will come back at some point. And, if they decide to enforce the official DVC rule that Sorcerer is for blue card only, that will be a plus.

But, so far, that does not seem to be the case, so it will be interesting to see if this new card in anyway changes things. I personally do not think we will see TOTWL go back to only DVC..I think it will become paid events...and I also think pool hopping will remain gone.

I stumbled across this thread after an experience purchasing annual passes on the phone today. I am a white card holder, and I called the main WDW line to purchase annual passes for my family. I normally would buy them online, but I was purchasing with gift cards and wasn't able to do that online. I told the agent that I wanted to purchase the Incredi-pass, having already come to terms with this being the only option as an out-of-state white card holder. She looked up my profile and saw that I was a DVC member (I never mentioned this or even asked about DVC options). Then she sold me the Sorceror's Pass without explaining the differences or even asking if I wanted it instead of the Incredi-pass (the blackout dates do not matter to me, but obviously they do to many people). Had I not known the prices going in, I wouldn't have even noticed that I was sold something other than what I asked for.

Our trip isn't for two more months. I am hoping I am able to activate the passes with my white card, as the savings for my family is substantial. I live about 6-7 hours away, so the thought has crossed my mind of driving down to activate the passes before they change their mind about my eligibility.

The whole interaction was just very odd. Perhaps I got lucky, or perhaps this will be a huge point of stress to kick off our trip in December.

To give everyone an update, I tried activating my passes today, and it seems the loophole is now closed. The annual pass system is linked to the DVC system after an update sometime in the last day or two, according to the cast member.

I was at Disney Springs and neither the ticket center or guest services was able to activate my pass, getting an “ineligible DVC number” error. So they were unable to activate my Sorceror’s pass purchased with a white card. Fortunately, the very helpful guest services representative upgraded me to the incredi-pass at no extra cost since they were unable to activate my card. :)

To give everyone an update, I tried activating my passes today, and it seems the loophole is now closed. The annual pass system is linked to the DVC system after an update sometime in the last day or two, according to the cast member.

I was at Disney Springs and neither the ticket center or guest services was able to activate my pass, getting an “ineligible DVC number” error. So they were unable to activate my Sorceror’s pass purchased with a white card. Fortunately, the very helpful guest services representative upgraded me to the incredi-pass at no extra cost since they were unable to activate my card. :)

Interesting. I wonder how they will handle the many others who will be trying to activate who have waited. Getting an incredipass for the price of a sorcerer pass is quite a deal.

I suspect in much the same way. It's their fault, not the guests, that they sold these passes.

Those with white cards who bought the voucher knew they were not supposed to be eligible based on the rules that are posted via DVC. When purchasing vouchers, it says to activate you need a valid card. Its like FL tickets...I can buy them...but if I don't have proof to show I am eligible, I am out of luck.

IMO, those that were able to purchase and activate without the blue card were lucky that it was not being enforced.

Now that it is closed, I do not think anyone should be expecting it to be honored. I am happy the other poster was given pixie dust. But I can not see it being given to everyone. Of course, its Disney, so who knows.

ETA: I should have said "Now that we have a report that it is closed and a person denied".

Last edited:
I want to add that I wonder if this is a hint of what is to come with the new digital cards. Maybe they are indeed finding a way to designate it and that white card holders will no longer have one??

Hmmm....

That is going to p’ off the folks that were anti white carders getting sorcerers. You can tell who they are even though they play it cool.

I’m betting they will call to complain.

That is going to p’ off the folks that were anti white carders getting sorcerers. You can tell who they are even though they play it cool.

Perhaps, but I don’t want to give the impression that my experience is now official policy. This was just this particular agent’s workaround to keeping me from having to stand in line all night. None of the agents that got involved seemed to know anything about blue vs white passes (if they did, they did not say anything about it). So they just assumed the DVC system was having technical issues and worked to find a solution that would allow me to use the pass the next day.

One of the agents called the DVC number, and fortunately the DVC agent only confirmed my account number without explaining why it wasn’t working for pass activation (perhaps this agent didn’t know either).

All in all, I think I just got lucky.

I can see why some would not be happy about it if they were led to believe by DVC that they needed to buy direct and then found out later that they would get the same pass resale.
If you are buying multiple passes for a family, it is a big expense.

Not surprised. Once the "validation" software was updated to differentiate between the Membership Extra qualified and non-qualified memberships, the "white-card pixie dust" is no more. Shouldn't take very long for all the CMs to be updated on the process.

The update simplifies the process and takes the decision out of the CM's hands. I do not think very many pre-purchasers of the Sorcerers AP. will end up with a free Incredipass.

Not surprised. Once the "validation" software was updated to differentiate between the Membership Extra qualified and non-qualified memberships, the "white-card pixie dust" is no more. Shouldn't take very long for all the CMs to be updated on the process.

The update simplifies the process and takes the decision out of the CM's hands. I do not think very many pre-purchasers of the Sorcerers AP. will end up with a free Incredipass.

I thought about this more and I wonder if the option will be to allow those people to pay the upcharge to Incredipass. All we can do is wait for more reports of how this is handled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter