Sorcerer pass wirh no blue card?

My experience: I went to GS at DS last night. I pulled up my MDE and showed the CM and she said that wouldn’t work and I needed my physical card. I told her I didn’t have a physical card since I’m white card. She just looked at me confused, I am pretty sure she didn’t even know what that meant. She then asked me to log into my DVC account so she could look at my membership card. That worked for her and I was able to purchase it. So very happy!

My experience: I went to GS at DS last night. I pulled up my MDE and showed the CM and she said that wouldn’t work and I needed my physical card. I told her I didn’t have a physical card since I’m white card. She just looked at me confused, I am pretty sure she didn’t even know what that meant. She then asked me to log into my DVC account so she could look at my membership card. That worked for her and I was able to purchase it. So very happy!
We had a similar experience while trying to activate my pass. I kept getting Stitch ate the page while trying to load my card, and the CM wasn't able to active the pass without actually seeing the card, even though he could tell I was logged in. I eventually had to get my sister back at home to log in to my account and send me a screenshot of the card.

Is it premature to say I'm waiting for the complaints that "pixie dust is no longer here" when Disney closes this avenue by completely automating our cards? You have a problem you go to Guest Relations and sort it out there. You may get your discount but it'll cost you an hour of your park time. That's where I think this is headed because it has never fared well for members when loopholes like this pop up.

Is it premature to say I'm waiting for the complaints that "pixie dust is no longer here" when Disney closes this avenue by completely automating our cards? You have a problem you go to Guest Relations and sort it out there. You may get your discount but it'll cost you an hour of your park time. That's where I think this is headed because it has never fared well for members when loopholes like this pop up.

I think there will be a lot of disappointed people who got vouchers, but won't be able to activate, even though it was a risk to buy since we know DVC has said its only available for those eligible.

Based on a few experiences just shared, the CMs know one needs a card and won't sell it without it. So, if this new digital card is given only to blue card owners, or the ones given to those not eligible for membership perks say "not eligible for discounts, including the pass", there won't be anymore loophole or way around it, unless you get a CM to sell it anyway.

Based on a few experiences just shared, the CMs know one needs a card and won't sell it without it. So, if this new digital card is given only to blue card owners, or the ones given to those not eligible for membership perks say "not eligible for discounts, including the pass", there won't be anymore loophole or way around it, unless you get a CM to sell it anyway.

For the CM's sake, I hope they shut it down soon, but go ahead let these people in who already bought. I don't have to work hard to imagine how people will react if they can't activate their passes.

For the CM's sake, I hope they shut it down soon, but go ahead let these people in who already bought. I don't have to work hard to imagine how people will react if they can't activate their passes.

I guess we will know in January if things are going to change or not. Not sure I agree people who bought should be allowed to activate, but then again, my opinion doesn't matter since it really is up to DVD and/or DPEP to set the rules and make sure the CMs know who is and is not eligible to get and activate one.

My biggest complaint in all of this has been the inconsistent message from DVC and CM's at the park.

My biggest complaint in all of this has been the inconsistent message from DVC and CM's at the park.
This is my issue. We managed to take advantage of the fact that they're allowing white card members to get the annual pass, but will that still be the case end of January when we take our son?
We're also looking at adding on to our contract, so it'd be good to know if this is something that will be the standard going forward or what.
I will say that when we went to use our AP discount, more often than not we were asked for photo id, so it's hard to believe this is just a lack of training issue.

I have not read all the comments...but I find it odd that anyone gets upset that white card holders get the discount. The issue is Disney. If they don't enforce their own rules that's not really my problem. If someone purchased direct instead of resale because they were told they couldn't get the discounts...well again.... that's on Disney's enforcement.

More power to people that find the discounts when they can get them

I have not read all the comments...but I find it odd that anyone gets upset that white card holders get the discount. The issue is Disney. If they don't enforce their own rules that's not really my problem. If someone purchased direct instead of resale because they were told they couldn't get the discounts...well again.... that's on Disney's enforcement.

More power to people that find the discounts when they can get them

I don’t see many who get upset that some of those with white cards try. As you said, it’s up to Disney to enforce the rules if indeed those published by DVC are officially the rules

But, if they close the loophole or change the rules back, there are going to be white card holders who will be upset if they can’t activate a voucher because they don’t have the correct card.

I think there will be a lot of disappointed people who got vouchers, but won't be able to activate, even though it was a risk to buy since we know DVC has said its only available for those eligible.

My digital white card already says access to Pool Hopping and Top of the World. I really dont think there is going to be a major change to digital cards. I think the major change will it will be month to month.

My digital white card already says access to Pool Hopping and Top of the World. I really dont think there is going to be a major change to digital cards. I think the major change will it will be month to month.

Except some CMs are giving discounts to owners with white cards when those cards are not officially considered eligible. I got them a few places my last trip. When it didn't work, I showed the blue one.

As I said, I do not care who does and does not get the discounts and ultimately it is up to the divisions that DVD contracts with to make the final decision. But, if the rules are blue card only, but only some white card holders get it and some do not, then it needs to be clear so that all DVC owners are treated the same.

Again, I do not know what they will do with the new cards, but if DVD and DPEP decide that the contract between them that says only those eligible for membership perks, which includes Sorcerer Pass, and discounts, should receive them, then it makes sense to discontinue white cards because there is no pool hopping and TOTWL lounge is not open and is not something that has to be restricted to just DVC if it ever does reopen. So really, there is no need for a white card.

Of course, the fact that nothing has changed since these passes went on sale September 8th, does make you wonder what is going on because it could have been stopped by now. The fact that it has not is a pretty strong message that DPEP and even maybe DVD do not care.

I did self-checkout at world of disney the other day and it automatically applied the DVC merch discount. As a white card holder I was surprised at that (figured it would automatically apply the AP discount), but it's probably just another instance of entities not talking to each other.

Except some CMs are giving discounts to owners with white cards when those cards are not officially considered eligible. I got them a few places my last trip. When it didn't work, I showed the blue one.

As I said, I do not care who does and does not get the discounts and ultimately it is up to the divisions that DVD contracts with to make the final decision. But, if the rules are blue card only, but only some white card holders get it and some do not, then it needs to be clear so that all DVC owners are treated the same.

Again, I do not know what they will do with the new cards, but if DVD and DPEP decide that the contract between them that says only those eligible for membership perks, which includes Sorcerer Pass, and discounts, should receive them, then it makes sense to discontinue white cards because there is no pool hopping and TOTWL lounge is not open and is not something that has to be restricted to just DVC if it ever does reopen. So really, there is no need for a white card.

Of course, the fact that nothing has changed since these passes went on sale September 8th, does make you wonder what is going on because it could have been stopped by now. The fact that it has not is a pretty strong message that DPEP and even maybe DVD do not care.

I get it. I was just pointing out that my white card already states I am not eligible for these things. Pretty much what I noticed, is I wear my DVC hat. They ask for the card, I flash the white card and they go ok. I went a whole week long trip and got the discount at every place. Only the gift shop at Buzz asked to see my ID. I just dont see how any of these changes with the new digital card. Unless it is linked to MDE. Which there is still ways to get around.

I really dont think they care. It only takes money out of their pocket to care. I bought more merch during that week because I was getting that discount. When I go in Feb I will try to upgrade. If it works. I for see at least 2 more trips next year maybe more. If it doesnt this will be my only trip next year.

I did self-checkout at world of disney the other day and it automatically applied the DVC merch discount. As a white card holder I was surprised at that (figured it would automatically apply the AP discount), but it's probably just another instance of entities not talking to each other.

Yeah this is has been a that way since mobile ordering and self check out started. MDE doesnt know the difference between white/blue card members. Maybe this is what they are fixing with the digital card. I just dont trust Disney IT to be able to figure that out.

I get it. I was just pointing out that my white card already states I am not eligible for these things. Pretty much what I noticed, is I wear my DVC hat. They ask for the card, I flash the white card and they go ok. I went a whole week long trip and got the discount at every place. Only the gift shop at Buzz asked to see my ID. I just dont see how any of these changes with the new digital card. Unless it is linked to MDE. Which there is still ways to get around.
The digital cards will be done through MDE via Magic Mobile. I think that allows them to really make it easy to see if someone is eligible for things such as discounts...if they don't screw it up lol

The digital cards will be done through MDE via Magic Mobile. I think that allows them to really make it easy to see if someone is eligible for things such as discounts...if they don't screw it up lol

I get accessing it from MDE or Magic Mobile. I just dont see the difference in what we have now. Just because it digital doesnt mean anything. In fact to me it will make it easier for us White Cards to get stuff. The clear answer to "fix" this is that you have to show an actual blue DVC card. But now they are making it digital which was the only way I could access my white card. So unless they get rid of white cards, which I cant see them doing. I dont get how the digital will "fix" it

I get accessing it from MDE or Magic Mobile. I just dont see the difference in what we have now. Just because it digital doesnt mean anything. In fact to me it will make it easier for us White Cards to get stuff. The clear answer to "fix" this is that you have to show an actual blue DVC card. But now they are making it digital which was the only way I could access my white card. So unless they get rid of white cards, which I cant see them doing. I dont get how the digital will "fix" it
Because it then can be something that is just scanned. No expiry dates, no screenshots. Either it approves the discount/access/whatever or it doesn't.

Because it then can be something that is just scanned. No expiry dates, no screenshots. Either it approves the discount/access/whatever or it doesn't.

If they can get that work. That would be interesting. Guess we shall see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!