Sorcerer pass wirh no blue card?

Curious...are white card owners able to purchase a discounted Sorcerer Pass via the website?

You can check if its letting you.

People have been all over the space of what they have been able to get away with it seems.

We are blue members.

Just curious if white card owners are able to access the discount via the website (or MS). If not, is that the reason for using GR?

We are blue members.

Just curious if white card owners are able to access the discount via the website (or MS). If not, is that the reason for using GR?
I bought my sorcer's through MS and I am white card. I still have to cash in my voucher. Anyone know if I can do that at a ticket booth or do I have to go to GS?

I bought my sorcer's through MS and I am white card. I still have to cash in my voucher. Anyone know if I can do that at a ticket booth or do I have to go to GS?

I think you always have to go to GS but maybe I am crazy as I bought our first APs ever for our January trip. I plan on just stopping when we get to the Epcot IG to activate them.

I have always gone to GR to do it, most often outside of Epcot IG.

Am I able to purchase an AP for my son too even though he won’t be with me on the this trip? His address is the same as mine. What do I need to bring with me?

Am I able to purchase an AP for my son too even though he won’t be with me on the this trip? His address is the same as mine. What do I need to bring with me?
You can purchase it now without his being present. When he activates it you'll need to be there with your DVC member card, and he'll need to show his photo ID with same address as yours. If you're not going to be there when he activates it, you'll need to call MS in advance so they can put a note in your MDE, and he'll need to bring a copy of your photo ID as well as a copy of your DVC member card, plus his photo ID as above.

You can purchase it now without his being present. When he activates it you'll need to be there with your DVC member card, and he'll need to show his photo ID with same address as yours. If you're not going to be there when he activates it, you'll need to call MS in advance so they can put a note in your MDE, and he'll need to bring a copy of your photo ID as well as a copy of your DVC member card, plus his photo ID as above.
Thank you!

And see the difference. My server at Steakhouse 71 would not accept the white card on Sunday. I pulled up that card on purpose and he said it was not a valid one. I had to show blue and once I pulled out my real card, it was fine. So, IMO, it’s not that rules are changing, but CMs doing different things.
The get around is once you have your active AP, then you can use an AP for dining and shopping discounts @ WDW.

The get around is once you have your active AP, then you can use an AP for dining and shopping discounts @ WDW.

Yes, for those of us who have both. But I wanted to experiment with it to see how it would work.

In the end what I realized is It is truly CM dependent in what is accepted when asking for a DVC discount.

:( I just got off the phone with membership services - I could not purchase the sorcerers pass as I purchased my DVC via resale.

Last edited:
:( I just got off the phone with membership services - I could not purchase the sorcerers pass as I purchased my DVC via resale.
You may want to try Disney ticketing, rather than DVC member services. That's what I did (awhile back) successfully and then picked up the cards at Guest Services in Disney Springs last week.

It appears that the ticketing people want to sell tickets and are not particularly interested in being the heavy for DVC. Two different divisions of the company, right?

It appears that the ticketing people want to sell tickets and are not particularly interested in being the heavy for DVC. Two different divisions of the company, right?

Yes. There seems to still be inconsistency between DVC and DPEP. Of course, in the end, what a CM decides to do when someone goes to activate the voucher is up to them. The official rules, as posted by DVC, are you must be eligible to buy which is a blue card.

MS seems to follow those rules...though a few reports have been MS selling to those not eligible...but, just as I found during my last stay, who gets discounts is nothing more than luck of the draw and what a CM decides. So, those with a white card can try and hope for the best.

I still believe that come January, the only DVC owners with cards will be those eligible for perks and everyone else won't have anything to show and thus, CMs will no longer need to worry about white vs. blue. Of course, I could be totally off base too! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter