Sorcerer pass wirh no blue card?

Maybe Disney (parks) figured that they’d get more money if they let all DVC members buy the cheaper AP. We have two trips coming up, so it made sense for one of us to upgrade our park tickets to the incredipass. If we can get the sorcerers pass, we’ll both upgrade, which means we’ll likely try to squeeze another trip next year, therefore giving Disney more money.

In the end, it’s not a DVC/DVD decision.

Maybe Disney (parks) figured that they’d get more money if they let all DVC members buy the cheaper AP. We have two trips coming up, so it made sense for one of us to upgrade our park tickets to the incredipass. If we can get the sorcerers pass, we’ll both upgrade, which means we’ll likely try to squeeze another trip next year, therefore giving Disney more money.

In the end, it’s not a DVC/DVD decision.

Ultimately, that is true. But, DVD has said it is one way and MS is refusing owners via phone call…even some CMs on the ticketing line are now refusing white card owners.

Only CMs allowing are at the parks. I just think the inconsistency should be straightened out.

Where is the blue card requirement for the Sorcerer's pass mentioned on the Disney or DVC website? I thought I saw it before where there was an * and it stated that it was a membership extra in the fine print. I can't seem to find that anymore.

Where is the blue card requirement for the Sorcerer's pass mentioned on the Disney or DVC website? I thought I saw it before where there was an * and it stated that it was a membership extra in the fine print. I can't seem to find that anymore.
The language that is asserted as contradictory to the current selling of Sorcerer Passes to White Card holders can be found here:

Membership Magic

Membership Extras, such as vacation options in the Disney and Concierge Collections, certain discounts, offers, and special events are incidental benefits. These incidental benefits are subject to change or termination without notice, may require the payment of a fee and cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. Membership Extras are also subject to availability and block-out dates may apply, including high periods of demand such as Christmas and New Year’s Day. To receive any Membership Extras, purchasers must present a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card along with a corresponding valid photo ID. Effective June 3, 2021, to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, Members must accumulate a total of at least 150 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. Disney and Concierge Collection options are not available for ownership interests not purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. after March 21, 2011, and, effective April 4, 2016, Members who have not purchased an ownership interest directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. will not have access to Membership Extras.

The specific language reads: "To receive any Membership Extras, purchasers must present a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card along with a corresponding valid photo ID."

And: "to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, Members must accumulate a total of at least 150 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc."

And finally: "Members who have not purchased an ownership interest directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. will not have access to Membership Extras."

While there is zero mention of annual passes specifically on the Membership Magic page, the assertion is that annual passes fall under the "certain discounts, offers, and special events" language.

While I agree the language should be updated, one way or the other, does that really matter from a practical standpoint? Blue cards are getting the promised benefits.

I’m a Florida resident (ex-DVC), and get better deals than a blue carder. Is that an issue? Cannot they decide who they want to give discounts to??

I understand the fine print is incorrect, but that is immaterial to current members. Prospective members do have a stronger case imo.

The reason why it matters is because contracts matter. Laws matter. Rules matter. I realize that seems to be a minority viewpoint in our society today. If dvc language doesn’t matter, maybe I shouldn’t take other language they put out seriously. Like how about if I just assume their mask mandate language is superfluous or left up to my own alternative “interpretation.” It’s also a huge departure for dvc, and they should acknowledge that. I don’t actually care to whom they give the discount, but the manipulation of reality leaves a bad taste. I don’t like this new trend in society where rules apply sometimes and only to some people. This isn’t directed specifically toward you btw. I generally agree with everything you say!

The reason why it matters is because contracts matter. Laws matter. Rules matter. I realize that seems to be a minority viewpoint in our society today. If dvc language doesn’t matter, maybe I shouldn’t take other language they put out seriously. Like how about if I just assume their mask mandate language is superfluous or left up to my own alternative “interpretation.” It’s also a huge departure for dvc, and they should acknowledge that. I don’t actually care to whom they give the discount, but the manipulation of reality leaves a bad taste. I don’t like this new trend in society where rules apply sometimes and only to some people. This isn’t directed specifically toward you btw. I generally agree with everything you say!
Absolutely. DVC should not be advertising something incorrect to try to incentivize direct sales if it turns out that anyone can get the Sorcerer's Pass. That would be extremely shady of them.

Has anyone been told no in person yet? It sounds like so far, the only people being told no are the ones calling DVC directly, and a couple of people who called ticketing.
And does anyone know if with the old AP system, could someone with a white card purchase using the DVC discount over the phone? Or did they make sure the person was eligible before selling?

And does anyone know if with the old AP system, could someone with a white card purchase using the DVC discount over the phone? Or did they make sure the person was eligible before selling?
Prior to covid, anyone purchasing in advance (i.e., not on-site, so via phone or online) had to go to Guest Services/Ticket Booth on site to activate the pass. There they had to show a photo ID & their membership card. CMs also have the ability to query the Membership databases to see Membership status. If the guest did not qualify as a blue card member, they either got a refund or had to pay the difference between whatever pass they purchased & one available to the general public.

Those who purchased on-site were not allowed to purchase any of the DVC annual passes unless they were blue card members.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the online/phone purchasers show up at he park. Eventually, IMO, DVC/Ticketing will get in sync. I predict the pre-covid policy as described above will return. Personally, if it doesn't, I won't be upset, just happy for those who now can benefit.

Prior to covid, anyone purchasing in advance (i.e., not on-site, so via phone or online) had to go to Guest Services/Ticket Booth on site to activate the pass. There they had to show a photo ID & their membership card. CMs also have the ability to query the Membership databases to see Membership status. If the guest did not qualify as a blue card member, they either got a refund or had to pay the difference between whatever pass they purchased & one available to the general public.

Those who purchased on-site were not allowed to purchase any of the DVC annual passes unless they were blue card members.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the online/phone purchasers show up at he park. Eventually, IMO, DVC/Ticketing will get in sync. I predict the pre-covid policy as described above will return. Personally, if it doesn't, I won't be upset, just happy for those who now can benefit.
From my call, that is still the case. I was mostly wondering if they screened you on the phone to confirm eligibility.

I was planning on buying an AP regardless, so I'll be ready if I have to pay the difference when I go to activate my pass. But it sure would be nice to save the $$$ and have an excuse for another trip since my husband would also get the AP (therefore negating any savings)

The only piece is that since the suspension all my experiences with sales have shared the policy that they hoped it would come back.

And they are. It would be interesting to know what some say now there is discrepancy.

I do think it will be changed at some point but as I mentioned it’s interesting it’s still two weeks and park CMs seem to still except the white card as a valid DVC card.

It does make you wonder why as they were pretty strict when it came to the Gold pass. So what changed on ticketing’s end?

I do think it will be changed at some point but as I mentioned it’s interesting it’s still two weeks and park CMs seem to still except the white card as a valid DVC card.
Do you think it could be in part due to all the new CMs? I mean, there seem to more people also getting shopping & dining discounts with the white card than ever before… I think the disconnect btw DVC and the park’s CMs is getting pretty wide.

I don’t think there needs to be 2 colored cards, but since DVC has chosen that path, you think they’d make sure the CMs understand the difference :confused3

The language that is asserted as contradictory to the current selling of Sorcerer Passes to White Card holders can be found here:

Membership Magic

The specific language reads: "To receive any Membership Extras, purchasers must present a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card along with a corresponding valid photo ID."

And: "to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, Members must accumulate a total of at least 150 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc."

And finally: "Members who have not purchased an ownership interest directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. will not have access to Membership Extras."

While there is zero mention of annual passes specifically on the Membership Magic page, the assertion is that annual passes fall under the "certain discounts, offers, and special events" language.
This is actually where the wording comes from and it is very specific.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/tickets-tours/pass-programs/wdw/
Screenshot 2021-09-23 at 09-42-36 Disney World Magic Key Passes Disney Vacation Club.png

I don't disagree. I was specifically referring to people upthread that had referenced the Membership Magic page, and there is no reference THERE. I never said there wasn't additional, or more specific references elsewhere.

The annual pass page is VERY specific with regard to eligibility requirements and references the Sorcerer Pass directly.

Do you think it could be in part due to all the new CMs? I mean, there seem to more people also getting shopping & dining discounts with the white card than ever before… I think the disconnect btw DVC and the park’s CMs is getting pretty wide.

I don’t think there needs to be 2 colored cards, but since DVC has chosen that path, you think they’d make sure the CMs understand the difference :confused3

I think it definitely has to be part of it. But, as I said, it’s pretty easy for DVC to change it. The digital card for white card simply needs to say, “Not eligible for discounts, including special APs”.

Then, if a CM at the park does it anyway, or doesn’t ask to see a card…I have always been asked…that is on them.

But, it is pretty clear that DVD/DVC expect this to be given only to those eligible and putting out that new language leads you to believe that is the deal that was struck with ticketing…

However, they haven’t don’t much, it seems, to get the practice changed and you just have to wonder why!

I think it definitely has to be part of it. But, as I said, it’s pretty easy for DVC to change it. The digital card for white card simply needs to say, “Not eligible for discounts, including special APs”.

Then, if a CM at the park does it anyway, or doesn’t ask to see a card…I have always been asked…that is on them.

But, it is pretty clear that DVD/DVC expect this to be given only to those eligible and putting out that new language leads you to believe that is the deal that was struck with ticketing…

However, they haven’t don’t much, it seems, to get the practice changed and you just have to wonder why!
An interesting question to ask would be whether similar "issues" have arisen with regard to the Florida resident discounts. One would assume that a legion of poorly trained CM's would be similarly unaware of the specific requirements for proof of Florida residency, particularly in light of the legion of snow birds, traditional timeshare owners, and DVC members asserting their "rights" to Florida residency.

If the same issues aren't arising with resident discounts (or at least not at the same or similar frequency), it would raise additional questions as to whether it's an across-the-board training deficiency, or something specific to the DVC discount.

Also, is there not coding required when an AP purchase is entered in the ticketing system? For example, in Anaheim, cast members weren't required to look at a zip code map of California to determine eligibility for the So Cal discount. They simply entered the zip code and the system either accepted it, or it didn't. One would think that the member ID used to purchase the pass would trigger the same gatekeeper function. And it's not like the system doesn't already have that capacity, The TapStyles already "welcome you home" based on your membership status.

An interesting question to ask would be whether similar "issues" have arisen with regard to the Florida resident discounts. One would assume that a legion of poorly trained CM's would be similarly unaware of the specific requirements for proof of Florida residency, particularly in light of the legion of snow birds, traditional timeshare owners, and DVC members asserting their "rights" to Florida residency.

If the same issues aren't arising with resident discounts (or at least not at the same or similar frequency), it would raise additional questions as to whether it's an across-the-board training deficiency, or something specific to the DVC discount.

Also, is there not coding required when an AP purchase is entered in the ticketing system? For example, in Anaheim, cast members weren't required to look at a zip code map of California to determine eligibility for the So Cal discount. They simply entered the zip code and the system either accepted it, or it didn't. One would think that the member ID used to purchase the pass would trigger the same gatekeeper function. And it's not like the system doesn't already have that capacity, The TapStyles already "welcome you home" based on your membership status.

Except for FL resident discounts, it only requires a statement dated within 2 months, if one doesn’t have the license

It no longer requires proof that you are a FL resident, but that you have a residence in FL.

However, it would be an interesting thing to know if people are getting it. I would love the pixie dust pass! I only go weekdays now that I am retired and it’d be great!

DVC is

Except for FL resident discounts, it only requires a statement dated within 2 months, if one doesn’t have the license

It no longer requires proof that you are a FL resident, but that you have a residence in FL.

However, it would be an interesting thing to know if people are getting it. I would love the pixie dust pass! I only go weekdays now that I am retired and it’d be great!

DVC is
How proof of residence is required or defined by Disney isn't the point. My question was whether or not similar "issues" are arising with Florida resident discounts, regardless of what proof is required. Are ticketing CM's straying from policy regarding who they give resident discounts to, and at what frequency?

How residence is required or defined by Disney isn't the point. My question was whether or not similar "issues" are arising with Florida resident discounts, regardless of what proof is required. Are ticketing CM's straying from policy regarding who they give resident discounts to, and at what frequency.

But, that is the point. People are not getting this without providing something from DVC…they are providing a digital white card with a DVC number…

So, the chances of them staying would not be the same since there are so many levels of proof to accept…unless they are giving FL rate without any proof.

Now, if the reports were people were getting the DVC pass without showing anything, then it might be the same.

we did buy in person and activated and were asked to show DVC card (spoiler.. its a white card) and they said no problem. i posted below about my actual experience
I am so glad you were able to get the passes. I have always felt the tiering in resales was unfair. Hopefully this benefit will remain available to white and blue card holders.

DVC is
So if I own a condo in florida but do not live there, I can get the Florida rate. This might work for us.

facebook twitter