Sons of Anarchy Finale

I am so sad this show is over. One of my all time favorites. I was watching the after show and Kurt Sutter was talking about how Michael Chiklas was the truck driver at the end. I hadn't even noticed that!

I also wondered if the scene with Gemma with the flowers before getting killed was a nod to The Walking Dead, and in a previous episode when Wendy and Nero were talking about going to NoCa he said something about her riding in the trunk and she said it wouldn't be the first time, which would refer back to when she was on The Sopranos. I see him doing something like that.

I am so sad this show is over. One of my all time favorites. I was watching the after show and Kurt Sutter was talking about how Michael Chiklas was the truck driver at the end. I hadn't even noticed that!

I also wondered if the scene with Gemma with the flowers before getting killed was a nod to The Walking Dead, and in a previous episode when Wendy and Nero were talking about going to NoCa he said something about her riding in the trunk and she said it wouldn't be the first time, which would refer back to when she was on The Sopranos. I see him doing something like that.

I got a Queen of Hearts vibe from Gemma's death scene.:confused3:rotfl:

Michael Chiklis was also the truck driver who gave Gemma a ride to her dad's nursing home last episode. He and Kurt Sutter worked together on The Shield, so it makes sense that he'd be included in SOA in some way.

I wasn't surprrised at all that Jax died in the end just thought it would have gone a different way. I was really hoping Unser would have made it to the end.

I haven't watched the show yet (have it recorded) but kind of figured it would be the end for Jax.

About the homeless woman? The young girl (can't think of her name) that Rat is in love with and was helping Gemma out with the boys? Remember she was psychotic and destroyed some property of SAMCRO? Jax went to her Dad, he was a plumber out of work. When Jax was talking to the father he seen the picture of their family. Didn't the father say the mother was missing or dead? I think the homeless woman is her.

Correct me if I am wrong:)

By the way, what a great show. My son and I just started watching and caught the first 6 season on NetFlix. He hasn't watched the final season yet and won't let me talk about it to him, lol.

I haven't watched the show yet (have it recorded) but kind of figured it would be the end for Jax.

About the homeless woman? The young girl (can't think of her name) that Rat is in love with and was helping Gemma out with the boys? Remember she was psychotic and destroyed some property of SAMCRO? Jax went to her Dad, he was a plumber out of work. When Jax was talking to the father he seen the picture of their family. Didn't the father say the mother was missing or dead? I think the homeless woman is her.

Correct me if I am wrong:)

By the way, what a great show. My son and I just started watching and caught the first 6 season on NetFlix. He hasn't watched the final season yet and won't let me talk about it to him, lol.

Yes. The homeless woman is that girl's mom. Supposedly, the mom died in the accident that killed JT. So either the homeless woman is a ghost... OR she didn't actually die in that accident? I think she's a ghost due to what Sutter said about her in the after-show (basically said, she is whatever you think she is - I wanted something that added that "magical" element).

Yes. The homeless woman is that girl's mom. Supposedly, the mom died in the accident that killed JT. So either the homeless woman is a ghost... OR she didn't actually die in that accident? I think she's a ghost due to what Sutter said about her in the after-show (basically said, she is whatever you think she is - I wanted something that added that "magical" element).

So I watched the recorded show last night. I sat there and cried like a baby. I figure Jax would die in the end but he went out gun slinging, killing all those people. Before he killed Marks, they showed that lady and she gave him the blanket and said "its time." That was bone chilling.

What a great show I say once again.

I knew Jax was gonna die but still was hopping it wouldnt happen, it just put a pit in my stomach having him open his arms and into the semi

Don't worry TaylorEar, I'm a little obsessed, too.

SPOILERS BELOW

I wasn't surprised with Jax's death - as soon as I saw the homeless girl at the church, I knew it was right around the corner. I think the symbolism with the bread & wine at the church and again in the closing scene, along with the crows flying over and "Come Join the Murder" playing seemed a bit on-the-nose for me, but that could just be me being persnickety about subtlety. Sometimes Kurt Sutter is as subtle as freight train, though, so I don't know what I was expecting, haha.

I tried my best to stay off of Facebook last night (because I have a few friends who despise the show and love to post fake spoilers - they do that with The Walking Dead, too) since we got a late start and were watching it from DVR. But it was also my friend's birthday so I was keeping up with his shenanigans, and this one friend of mine posted "Chibs - nooooooooo!!" and I started crying right there. I now want to punch this person in the face. I get it, people should feel free to talk about whatever they want on Facebook, but to intentionally post fake spoilers like that is a really crass thing to do. /end rant

As far as re-watching the first seasons go, I did that periodically through last week leading up to the finale, and one thing I noticed that kept making me giggle was how high Jax's voice was in comparison to the final season. He sounds like he's on helium! I also noticed how much weight Tommy Flanagan (Chibs) and Theo Rossi (Juice) lost for the final season, too.

(ANOTHER 'KIND-OF' SPOILER AHEAD!!) <----not really necessary since it's old news, but still.

After 7 seasons, I still will not forgive Kurt Sutter for killing off Opie. I have never, NEVER cried over the death of a character the way I did for Opie. The spoiler-loving friend of mine that I mentioned earlier in this post had leaked Opie's death, so I had refused to watch the beginning of season 5 for that very reason. I finally watched it back in September before this season started, and holy moly. I was a wreck.

Now I have "series finale hangover" and am exhausted from staying up until 1am to watch Anarchy Afterword.

First, this was one of my all time favorite shows. But watching Opie die was all kinds of crazy to me. I would watch the show in my room while multitasking on Twitter. That was when I realized that even if I was nuts, I was not alone.

Who was the homeless woman? Was she a guardian angel? Did she represent death or resurrection (the bread and wine?)

It's funny because I am re-watching the earlier seasons and I was watching one of the episodes after Opie's wife Donna was murdered and Jax wakes up in the cemetery the morning of her funeral covered in a blanket and goes on to give it to that woman. it was the same blanket that she gave back to him in the final episode. the symbolism in the series was just insane.

Rumors have been swirling about a prequel series and I can only hope it actually happens.

So there was always speculation that Gemma played a part in JT's death was that ever confirmed and did Jax ever find out?

So there was always speculation that Gemma played a part in JT's death was that ever confirmed and did Jax ever find out?

They sort of backed off of the whole Gemma-being-involved thing... they basically ended up saying that she knew he was unhappy and depressed with how the club was going, and that she thought his "accident" was actually a suicide. I think they also implied that JT was too smart to ride a bike with faulty brakes - that he would know something was wrong very quickly, so essentially his accident was a suicide. I think ultimately, they were trying to draw the parallel between JT's and Jax's deaths; JT killed himself for the "wrong" reasons (to escape the club), and Jax killed himself for the "right" reasons (to save the club).

I really want to go back and start watching the whole series over again. Knowing what I know now, I feel like there is probably SO much stuff that went completely over my head, or didn't seem to be important, in the earlier seasons.

LOVE this show.....next to Boy Meets World and Rescue Me--this is my favorite series---ever......I cried at the last BMW episode....I was depressed at the Shakespeare/Hamlet quote at the end of SOA.

basically had a breakdown when Opie died. Like... full on Oprah-ugly cry. And I was SOOOOO pissed every time they did the "previously on..." and would show even a HINT of that... my dog was terrified of me because I would wail "OPIE!!!!!".

I can't hear the words "I've got this" and not think of Opie

Opies death was heartbreaking. And the funeral scene at the club when they all stood out of respect for Jax? That was my ugly Oprah cry.

I didn't watch the show when it was on but binged it all in a quick while. The Ireland season SUCKED but I'm glad I stuck with it.

(Obviously knows it's an old thread)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter