• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~something Just Isn't Right~regarding Adr's

joenan88

DIS Veteran
I know this is a thread that has been started numerous times..I have been over my ADR's several times and something just isn't right..I can not pin point it...can you please look them over and give me your input? I am curious to see what other fellow patrons think~ I am staying at The CR with 3 kiddies 9, 7 and 6 and I have the Deluxe dining plan~

8/15- arriving
- dinner at Hoop Dee Doo review 7:15 pm show Catagory 2 seating

8/16-MK day- my son's 8th birthday!
-Whispering Canyon breakfast
-CRT dinner

8/17-Epcot
-Chef Mickey's breakfast
-Teppon Edo's in Japan for Dinner
I figured we would do lunch around the countries~

8/18-MGM
-Sci FI Lunch
-Brown Derby for Dinner...followed by Fantasmic show

8/19-AK 1/2 day
-Tusker Breakfast
-1900 park review for dinner

I was in Disney last November and did LeCellier, O'hana's for breakfast and dinner (we stayed at Poly), LTT (didn't like it), Tony's (didn't like it) and Prime Time Cafe (also, not huge fans). We have 3 extra credits and can not think how to use them..any advice would be great! ;)

My only comment is that a TS lunch followed by a TS dinner would not be a good choice for my family. We would be too full from lunch to enjoy dinner.

--Daneen

Forgot to ask...would you not have time for breakfast before you leave (I assume you are leaving on 8/20)? We enjoyed Kona for breakfast during our visit.

--Daneen

I would suggest the California Grill for dinner and watch Wishes from the top of the Contemporary.

I was able to get the California Grill on my last night BUT I didn't like that they had a 48 hrs cancellation policy...I have no problem cancelling if I can not make it but 2 days in advance is hard for me to commit to with three kids. ;)

and the Kona Cafe for breakfast the last day is a great choice..I will consider it :)

How about one of the TS at GF resort. They are both very nice and I don't think they have a cancellation policy. Narcoossee's is more casual then Citrico's but I have enjoyed both restaurants. It's also fun watching the water parade from the dock and it's an easy ride home to CR.

I agree with the TS lunch and TS dinner, especially considering that the Fantasmic Dining packages tend to have earlier ADR times.

We did Kona for breakfast as our "final meal":sad1: last summer!! It was a delicious low key way to end the trip!

What's better for breakfast - OHana or Kona?

They are different..Kona Cafe is a sit down, ala Carte...and O'Hana's is a family style breakfast..which means they bring out a bunch of yummy things to eat all at once..kind of like the buffet being brought to you. I have eaten at O'Hana's but maybe I will try Kona...I will look over all the advice! Thanks!!

I know this is a thread that has been started numerous times..I have been over my ADR's several times and something just isn't right..I can not pin point it...can you please look them over and give me your input? I am curious to see what other fellow patrons think~ I am staying at The CR with 3 kiddies 9, 7 and 6 and I have the Deluxe dining plan~

8/15- arriving

-CRT dinner

8/17-Epcot
-Chef Mickey's breakfast

8/18-MGM
-Sci FI Lunch

8/19-AK 1/2 day
-Tusker Breakfast

I was in Disney last November and did LeCellier, O'hana's for breakfast and dinner (we stayed at Poly), LTT (didn't like it), Tony's (didn't like it) and Prime Time Cafe (also, not huge fans). We have 3 extra credits and can not think how to use them..any advice would be great! ;)
You are staying 5 nights right? So you have 15 credits per person. How about instead of Sci-Fi on the MGM day you have breakfast at Kona in the poly? That way you won't have a TS lunch and a TS dinner. Although they can be done.

Personally, I would save those three extra credits to split at CS lunches if needed. We did that often on the DxDP. We would get 2 CS meals for the three of us.

Otherwise, great choices!

Thanks Melissa~ I love your suggestion BUT I really wanted to try the Sci-Fi..I thought the kiddies might like it....a few other posters talked about the Kona cafe so I am trying to fit it in...;)

Thanks Melissa~ I love your suggestion BUT I really wanted to try the Sci-Fi..I thought the kiddies might like it....a few other posters talked about the Kona cafe so I am trying to fit it in...;)

We always eat lunch at the Sci Fi and dinner at either the 50s Prime Time or the Brown Derby. It isn't too much food at all - we get burgers, fries and shakes around noonish for lunch at the Sci Fi, then dinner around 6 or 7. Even if you have an earlier dinner time you could back lunch up to 11 or 11:30am. I say go for it!!!

We always eat lunch at the Sci Fi and dinner at either the 50s Prime Time or the Brown Derby. It isn't too much food at all - we get burgers, fries and shakes around noonish for lunch at the Sci Fi, then dinner around 6 or 7. Even if you have an earlier dinner time you could back lunch up to 11 or 11:30am. I say go for it!!!

I agree with you..my kids never skip a meal..my reservation for sci-fi is at 12:00 noon and The Brown Derby is at 6:30..I thought that was enough time inbetween reservations to enjoy both....I keep reading about Boma's or Yak and Yeti?? how hard is it to get to these restaurants from the CR and what would you switch from my ADR's for one of those restaurants?? any thoughts?? Maybe for Breakfast instead of Tusker House?? ;)

8/15- arriving

-CRT dinner
Did your son pick either of these places? If so great, if not seems like Chef Mickey's might be a better bday celebration location(I have not been to WCC, menu isn't for us). We did CM's for my 6yo nephew in September and he still talks about it and eats on his laminated bday placemat daily! The noise, napkin waving, music/dancing just make it a great celebration spot. They will even do a napkin waving in your son's honor, won't he feel special! :thumbsup2 They take a family photo that might be nice to have(optional). They'll mark it for bday too.

8/17-Epcot
-Chef Mickey's breakfast
If you keep CM's here you should be very full and not need much of a lunch before your dinner.

8/18-MGM
-Sci FI Lunch

8/19-AK 1/2 day
-Tusker Breakfast
I would go to Boma for dinner after the park closes and do 1900 Park Fare for breakfast. Not only is the dinner excellent at Boma, but there are some great children's activities at AKL for after dinner. GF would be a beautiful resort to see in all its day time glory, we've never done that.
QUOTE]

I don't know if you have parkhoppers, but my nephew asked to go to MK EVERYDAY and we took him at some point everyday. He LOVED Goofy's barnstormer rollercoaster and rode it everyday, several times. Just be prepared to juggle things for these type of requests. It wasn't in our park plans, but with parkhoppers, EMH and Disney transportation we made it work. I was just glad for the family time so it didn't really matter to me where we were as long as he was having a good time. Besides, I never mind seeing Main St and the castle. :thumbsup2

We had dinner at Narcoosse's and were able to see Wishes and the Electric Water parade during our meal there. Nephew loved the parade and even as a non fireworks fan (too loud) he ventured out to the deck to see Wishes. A nice touch and surprise(it was our arrival night dinner): They had a birthday button ready and waiting for him when we checked in at the podium and our menus were personalized with a "Happy 6th Birthday Zeke" message across the top, we were all floored by this touch as I only made an ADR, no special requests. There are lots of kids there and plenty of clean plates too. Kids were well behaved, but not in straight jackets I thought it was a really nice place and a great meal and meal experience. Its a 2TS meal that was well worth it for us. We paid OOP for my nephew, his meal wasn't worth 2TS. It cost us $6 and we left extra for tip (tip was in the plan last year). We had booked an extra buffet so we saved his credit for that meal(it cost over $6).

Good luck and hope I haven't thrown a wrench in your plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter