Something About Nothing............ #14

Hello. Long day. Super tired.

Is Pizza Press the restaurant you’re enjoying? I love it. What room did you get, balcony or patio. I always used to request balcony until I got a patio! Love the patio, so private.
We are on the first floor, but probably will not even use the patio.

That is very cool. How did u like the remake of little mermaid? GD saw this weekend, gave it two thumbs up
We loved it. My only complaint was the lyrics change in Kiss the Girl. It really wasn’t necessary.

Maybe he’s playing hookey and doing his work on the fly As it’s a local park? i’d be afraid to drop it and break it
He and his girlfriend were watching Modern Family. They eventually put away the laptop and started playing with bugs they found on the ground. Strange couple.

How was DCA?
It was fun but very busy. All of the good rides had at least an hour wait time. We did single rider on Spiderman web slingers and got through quickly. We spent a lot of time on the Avengers campus. The World of Color show was really cool. We had seats front and center for that.

I need to get some sleep. We have DL tomorrow.

We are waiting in line for a ride and a guy in front of us pulls out a laptop and is using it as we walk through the line.

So annoying....why do folks on vacation have to be glued to devices!

We`re definitely enjoy the moment folks.

Hello. Long day. Super tired.

We are on the first floor, but probably will not even use the patio.

We loved it. My only complaint was the lyrics change in Kiss the Girl. It really wasn’t necessary.

He and his girlfriend were watching Modern Family. They eventually put away the laptop and started playing with bugs they found on the ground. Strange couple.

It was fun but very busy. All of the good rides had at least an hour wait time. We did single rider on Spiderman web slingers and got through quickly. We spent a lot of time on the Avengers campus. The World of Color show was really cool. We had seats front and center for that.

I need to get some sleep. We have DL tomorrow.

Modern Family?? On vacation......crazy.

Have fun today, sounds like your trip is going very well.

Another cool day with no sunshine, but we got up and headed down to the beach for our morning walk, just the two of us today which is always lovely. We went ultra early getting down there for just after 6.45am, surprisingly there were quite a few folks around, mainly joggers and dog walkers.

Came home, showered and went out to get some shopping, everyone is complaining about how grey it is.....but mild.

Doing a mushroom and bacon omelette for lunch with some salad and dinner is chicken casserole, slow cooking all day, might do dumplings on top for last half hour as it does feel very autumnal today.

Very quiet day ahead for me and my mister! Might watch a movie this afternoon.

cv45-X2.jpg

cv57-Th.jpg

Have a wonderful Tuesday​

Ah the clear sky, and a cold front in place, and we have 54 degrees. A rinse and repeat weather. Glorious sunny morning, with clouds arriving in the afternoon. But a nice warm up, as 81 degrees this late afternoon. Then the cold front dips the rest of the week into highs in low 70’s. But yay, the next two days will have wall to wall sunshine.

And as we get closer to that week day routine end, and a commuting day for me, it’s a Taco Tuesday.

Hope Mac is doing well, sending hugs to you, as may enjoy that Taco Bell meal today.

Thus, a good day to enjoy those delicious hand held tacos today. And have a most terrific Taco Tuesday. And a very good morning.

Quiet, cool feeling and bright out. Tea in my mug. What a perfect morning for me.

Oh and red flag alerts, dry conditions and smokey in the air, from the forest fires in both in Canada and NJ. I need more tea. Almost cool feeling house. At least will save on my AC not needed most of this week. Natural AC. Yay!

Dumpster was dumped, off. They came early, break of dawn

Yawn

Made big breakfast as long as I was up

Mr already working spatial calculations to fill every square inch of that bad boy

Found out two DS showing up for work detail later = mom buying hoagies & pizza. Told the mr if he does it all first, I will Cheerfully strangle him. With love in my ❤️

Modern Family?? On vacation......crazy.
Think there was at least one episode where they hit up DL. Maybe watching that one lol
Oh and red flag alerts, dry conditions and smokey in the air, from the forest fires in both in Canada and NJ. I need more tea. Almost cool feeling house. At least will save on my AC not needed most of this week. Natural AC. Yay!
The smoke is heavy here. Surprised so thick and low hanging, as well as the color being a bit off. Brownish orange?

Between that forecast for next few days & the pollution still lingering from the stacks coming down, it’s wrecking havoc on air quality here. Especially those with underlying conditions. Health alerts in place.

They swear the asbestos was removed from the stacks. Doubted they could get it all

now, there are So many clumps of stuff that sure looks like it (we used to have ‘snowball battles’ with it in my grade school) all over in surrounding area of implosion. Additional Stuff that looks like furnace filter/fiberglass too :scratchin

11126576-4A25-4318-86C6-4B1ABD9F18FF.jpeg

We really need a hard rain to tamp it all down

Off to do errands, have a good day all

Mac - it’s great to see you post!:banana:The heart beat of the SANs was much missed.

Ewww, I’d be wearing a good mask around your area, Keisha. Yay for hoagies and pizza. Yep, when we had a dumpster one time, we filled that bad boy until no more could be put into it.

Kids went to the store in the mountains where they have a stuffed real animal walk through and an aquarium to also walk through. I did take them there when young, though to this day, hate seeing those stuffed animals. They freak me out, with fake eyes and such on them. The aquarium on the other hand, while small, was always neat to see. When they were young, only store in area. Now, lots of other stores and food places around it.

Phone, yeah I know, risk of severe weather. Hazy with the fire smoke in the air. And maybe even a local fire, as did hear our fire company go by a few hours ago.

Lunchtime walk was nice though. Shorts on, though almost wished I wore pants. Thought was 77 said our outside thermometer, but it is facing mostly East, so maybe a little cooler not in that facing the sun.

Back for more screen time. Made egg sandwiches, as just me and DH for lunch, as needed to use up the eggs. Still sunny enough out, though no sunshine pouring through my windows.

Dumpster was dumped, off. They came early, break of dawn

Yawn

Made big breakfast as long as I was up

Mr already working spatial calculations to fill every square inch of that bad boy

Found out two DS showing up for work detail later = mom buying hoagies & pizza. Told the mr if he does it all first, I will Cheerfully strangle him. With love in my ❤️

Think there was at least one episode where they hit up DL. Maybe watching that one lol

The smoke is heavy here. Surprised so thick and low hanging, as well as the color being a bit off. Brownish orange?

Between that forecast for next few days & the pollution still lingering from the stacks coming down, it’s wrecking havoc on air quality here. Especially those with underlying conditions. Health alerts in place.

They swear the asbestos was removed from the stacks. Doubted they could get it all

now, there are So many clumps of stuff that sure looks like it (we used to have ‘snowball battles’ with it in my grade school) all over in surrounding area of implosion. Additional Stuff that looks like furnace filter/fiberglass too :scratchin

View attachment 765578

We really need a hard rain to tamp it all down

Off to do errands, have a good day all

Mac - it’s great to see you post!:banana:The heart beat of the SANs was much missed.

"Do you think they maybe have them in purple"

cv64-L.jpg

Gloria is my kinda gal!!!

I like wearing heels but jeez.....can you imagine walking round a theme park all day!! Nope, not this gal.....

@macraven always good to see you post my friend!! Janet`s right of course........:)

Had a lovely nap this afternoon, I`m blaming the walk this morning being too energetic! When we walk with our friends with the dogs, I have to remind them they all have really long legs...Felicity is 5`11, Henry is 6`3 and Tom is 6 foot......my short legs struggle to keep up when they build up speed, but they do slow down for me.

Chicken casserole was lovely, did make dumplings to pop on top and bake for the last half hour, very moreish!! Made a lemon syllabub for dessert although Tom didn`t fancy it, so I have one left for supper.

Time for tea.......

Good Tuesday morning everyone :wave:

IMG_1082.jpeg

IMG_1338.gif

IMG_1336.jpeg

IMG_1080.jpeg

IMG_1078.jpeg

We had dinner ay Storytellers Cafe where I surprised B with a congratulations cake.
It’s a Mickey Chocolate Cake. So cute. I have seen the Mickey decorated cakes at Amorette’s Patisserie at Disney Springs. They are so pretty. I bet B was surprised with her special treat. That was so thoughtful of you.

We`re very luck with our weather, we get a lot of rain, so everything is lush and green when it is summer, always a silver lining to that rain!
It is beautiful and green for sure. By the time summer weather comes into play here it gets so hot that it starts to stress the grass and plants if not watered enough.

Glad you have your trip sorted with your grandson and I think you`ll definitely see the new Minion area, they are ahead of schedule, it does look very cute.
Glad to hear the Minion area is moving ahead of schedule. It would be nice to get to see it.

Happy Monday to you too! Yay for August trip. Where did you book? PR? Sadly I’ll probably have to cancel our late Aug trip. Will have to see what my treatments will be. Not canceling anything yet. Since it’s room only booking I can wait till 6 days before.
I hope things work out for you and you don‘t have to cancel. Could you possibly move things to make the trip before your surgery? I did not book PB. No AP rates for my dates and there is a threshold of $$$ I‘am willing to spend for a Resort and the price thats being asked for the week I‘am taking grandson is over the top. Will keep watching the Resorts and change if available. Summer is a busy time at Universal.

We are waiting in line for a ride and a guy in front of us pulls out a laptop and is using it as we walk through the line.
That is a new one.

Good luck to the mr. We had to laugh, at DH’s appt last week when the cardiologist was going over his records, he stopped in his tracks. Asked if had an ECG lately. Turns out, it feel thru the cracks and didn’t get the routine follow up after his surgery. I guess it happens, happy he did catch it.
He did ok with his cardiologist appt. Nothing changed or nothing new. So we will take that.

Great to hear the Cardiologist caught that your Mr. had not had his ECG done. Thats kind of a big thing for them to let fall through the cracks.

well, it says something about you as a Grandma that he is excited to spend time with you!
Thank you. The grandchildren are grown before you know it and then they are busy with college and friends.

You are a wonderful grandma.

I think making memories with our grandchildren is something they will never forget. It has been very special to me also to get this time with them.

When are you going? Did you find any onsite hotel deals? Once again, we were shut out as to $$$$ to add on a couple of days with GD there over the 4th of July trip. Decided by the time we bought her tix or an AP & three days of hotel etc, might as well burn a few more $ & do a short cruise on the end of the trip.
We are going the very end of June and will be there a couple days past the 4th. We are staying at SF all things considered we did get a decent rate I guess.

I really like SF so was glad to get it. All the deluxe Resorts were pretty high so no reasonable prices there unless some pop up. I will keep a look out.

Not sure if you have decided your dates for HHN, but PB had some nice prices on Club level during the time I’am going in September.

I am currently sitting next to a little girl who is wearing a Rapunzel dress with Spiderman leggings.
I love it. Nothing wrong with being original.

Mac sending continued prayers your way.

Lynne sending prayers for your hubby and all of you as you say goodbye to your MIL.

I started posting this morning and just set down to finish. I‘am watching little J today. We have been busy today. We went grocery shopping then to my house to put things away.

It is to hot today to play outside so we went to the play area at the Mall. He enjoyed himself and ran like the wind….he is a speedy little fella when he is playing. Then he wanted some Pretzel from Ben’s Soft Pretzel’s. So of course we had to get one those with the cheese dip. That is our special thing we do when we go to the Mall.

I decided we could skip the pretzel a few weeks ago when we made a quick trip to the Mall. As were passing the area that leads to the food court he looked at me and said “Pretzel Please”. So pretzel it was….He does not forget anything…LOL

He is down for his nap and I’am a little tired myself.

Feet propped up and on the IPAD catching up with the World.

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone

Last edited:
F6080FEB-F8D3-4A77-8D08-E6FF55BAB015.jpeg
Certainly not the prettiest vantage point (apologies). When I was stuck in traffic on big bridge today crossing the river, looked down the valley toward my house. For reference, the far left of the picture is no more than 1-1/2 miles from where I sat. That’s the smoke, oddest color to the sky…a muddy light blue I’d guess you’d say?

nearly everyone reports feeling stuffy, scratchy throat, eyes itchy & watering. Rain, rain, come our way, please.

Made a lemon syllabub for dessert
I read that as syllabus. need to google it :). Lemon anything sounds good. I had my hand on a package of lemon Oreo cookies today. Sanity prevailed, momentarily. Probably will grab them next time
Not sure if you have decided your dates for HHN, but PB had some nice prices on Club level during the time I’am going in September.
Thanks, I’ll go poke around. noticed their rates this time coming in lowest of the three deluxe, guessing a bone for the construction Impact.

I’m all over the place, thinking quite early this time, trying to hit two weekends Around disney trip. All depending on my family committing one way or the other. I understand, two of them are up for promotions which would entail different work schedules and increased responsibilities. RL stuff, hmmmph.
I think making memories with our grandchildren is something they will never forget. It has been very special to me also to get this time with them.
So true, it’s a blessing. I remind myself that when things get a bit hairy at times lol

Happy taco Tuesday!!!!!

Finally getting a chance to make a pit stop.

It was a glorious afternoon off, with perfect weather to be outside. I got all my pots done, and now to wait and see if anything grows and comes out of it :rolleyes1 I bought 2 bags of seed potatoes, and had purchased extra growing bags/pots for them. I ended up using all of them using a 2 extra pots for them that I wasn't planning on using for potatoes. If they do as well as they did last year - we will have a nice little crop. I am also trying some pickling cucumbers! I want to try my hand doing some pickling again. My mom makes amazing pickles every year - and I did it some years ago...but I would love to do it again! I might be a busy gal trying my hand a things again late Aug :laughing:

Weather was a quite cool yesterday, but seems to be back to normal temps again. It is quite windy today - I hope it settles a bit by tonight when I want to head out for a walk. I enjoy each and every warm day we get! Our cold days out number our warm/hot days by FAR!!!! So you will NEVER hear my complain about the hot days.

I'm a little excited as we booked a trip to Nashville late Sept/Oct. We are going with dh's siblings and significant others. It should be a good time. Ds's also mentioned about rebooking Orlando again. Looks like I'll be trying to pick up all the extra shifts with my homecare job.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around a tragic accident that involved a nurse that works in the homecare department. She lost her 6 yr old daughter. My heart breaks for the family, and with nurses talking - hearing all the details :sad: over the weekend over and over and over as others were coming in to ask what happened.

Another soul to heaven. My MIL passed away today. Prayers to my DH’s family.
:hug: sending you and your family many hugs!!!!
good morning
:hug: It's great to see you again.
It is crazy how far the smoke is travelling. I'm assuming it's from the fires in Eastern Canada now. I hope it clears away in a few days. The pictures of the stacks falling :scared1:
Back for more screen time. Made egg sandwiches, as just me and DH for lunch, as needed to use up the eggs. Still sunny enough out, though no sunshine pouring through my windows.
Now I gotta make myself some egg sandwiches. I love a good egg sammie!
I decided we could skip the pretzel a few weeks ago when we made a quick trip to the Mall. As were passing the area that leads to the food court he looked at me and said “Pretzel Please”. So pretzel it was….He does not forget anything…LOL

How fun! They sure do have a good memory. Our gd doesn't forget a thing either...little stinkers :laughing:

Well, I should run and shuffle a few more papers.
Have a great evening everyone!!!

Good Tuesday morning everyone :wave:

View attachment 765555

View attachment 765553

View attachment 765554

View attachment 765556

View attachment 765558

It’s a Mickey Chocolate Cake. So cute. I have seen the Mickey decorated cakes at Amorette’s Patisserie at Disney Springs. They are so pretty. I bet B was surprised with her special treat. That was so thoughtful of you.

It is beautiful and green for sure. By the time summer weather comes into play here it gets so hot that it starts to stress the grass and plants if not watered enough.

Glad to hear the Minion area is moving ahead of schedule. It would be nice to get to see it.

I hope things work out for you and you don‘t have to cancel. Could you possibly move things to make the trip before your surgery? I did not book PB. No AP rates for my dates and there is a threshold of $$$ I‘am willing to spend for a Resort and the price thats being asked for the week I‘am taking grandson is over the top. Will keep watching the Resorts and change if available. Summer is a busy time at Universal.

That is a new one.

He did ok with his cardiologist appt. Nothing changed or nothing new. So we will take that.

Great to hear the Cardiologist caught that your Mr. had not had his ECG done. Thats kind of a big thing for them to let fall through the cracks.

Thank you. The grandchildren are grown before you know it and then they are busy with college and friends.

You are a wonderful grandma.

We are going the very end of June and will be there a couple days past the 4th. We are staying at SF all things considered we did get a decent rate I guess.

I really like SF so was glad to get it. All the deluxe Resorts were pretty high so no reasonable prices there unless some pop up. I will keep a look out.

I love it. Nothing wrong with being original.

Mac sending continued prayers your way.

Lynne sending prayers for your hubby and all of you as you say goodbye to your MIL.

I started posting this morning and just set down to finish. I‘am watching little J today. We have been busy today. We went grocery shopping then to my house to put things away.

It is to hot today to play outside so we went to the play area at the Mall. He enjoyed himself and ran like the wind….he is a speedy little fella when he is playing. Then he wanted some Pretzel from Ben’s Soft Pretzel’s. So of course we had to get one those with the cheese dip. That is our special thing we do when we go to the Mall.

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone

Glad everything was good for your DH appointment, always a relief when things stay the same when things are running ok!

Yes, grass, bushes and trees never really lose that green look over here, unless we have a heat wave that last longer than a week, then we tend to go into drought and hosepipe bans come into place, but that is so rare. You do get people sneaking out in the middle of the night watering their gardens and washing their cars when that happens.....it`s quite a funny image. Never seen it myself but it always makes the press when it does happen!

Glad you had a lovely time with the little guy and feet up sounds good!

View attachment 765701
Certainly not the prettiest vantage point (apologies). When I was stuck in traffic on big bridge today crossing the river, looked down the valley toward my house. For reference, the far left of the picture is no more than 1-1/2 miles from where I sat. That’s the smoke, oddest color to the sky…a muddy light blue I’d guess you’d say?

nearly everyone reports feeling stuffy, scratchy throat, eyes itchy & watering. Rain, rain, come our way, please.

I read that as syllabus. need to google it :). Lemon anything sounds good. I had my hand on a package of lemon Oreo cookies today. Sanity prevailed, momentarily. Probably will grab them next time

Thanks, I’ll go poke around. noticed their rates this time coming in lowest of the three deluxe, guessing a bone for the construction Impact.

I’m all over the place, thinking quite early this time, trying to hit two weekends Around disney trip. All depending on my family committing one way or the other. I understand, two of them are up for promotions which would entail different work schedules and increased responsibilities. RL stuff, hmmmph.

So true, it’s a blessing. I remind myself that when things get a bit hairy at times lol

it`s a very light dessert despite it being quite creamy, I think the lemon helps. I never tried Lemon oreos, but then I don`t like oreos.....lol. I adore anything lemon usually too, it`s not Tom`s favourite thing but he doesn`t turn it down I noticed.

Organising a trip for everyone can get quite stressful, hopefully the work schedule will sort itself out for the kids and you can get booked up with what you want.

Happy taco Tuesday!!!!!

Finally getting a chance to make a pit stop.

It was a glorious afternoon off, with perfect weather to be outside. I got all my pots done, and now to wait and see if anything grows and comes out of it :rolleyes1 I bought 2 bags of seed potatoes, and had purchased extra growing bags/pots for them. I ended up using all of them using a 2 extra pots for them that I wasn't planning on using for potatoes. If they do as well as they did last year - we will have a nice little crop. I am also trying some pickling cucumbers! I want to try my hand doing some pickling again. My mom makes amazing pickles every year - and I did it some years ago...but I would love to do it again! I might be a busy gal trying my hand a things again late Aug :laughing:

Weather was a quite cool yesterday, but seems to be back to normal temps again. It is quite windy today - I hope it settles a bit by tonight when I want to head out for a walk. I enjoy each and every warm day we get! Our cold days out number our warm/hot days by FAR!!!! So you will NEVER hear my complain about the hot days.

I'm a little excited as we booked a trip to Nashville late Sept/Oct. We are going with dh's siblings and significant others. It should be a good time. Ds's also mentioned about rebooking Orlando again. Looks like I'll be trying to pick up all the extra shifts with my homecare job.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around a tragic accident that involved a nurse that works in the homecare department. She lost her 6 yr old daughter. My heart breaks for the family, and with nurses talking - hearing all the details :sad: over the weekend over and over and over as others were coming in to ask what happened.

:hug: sending you and your family many hugs!!!!

:hug: It's great to see you again.

It is crazy how far the smoke is travelling. I'm assuming it's from the fires in Eastern Canada now. I hope it clears away in a few days. The pictures of the stacks falling :scared1:

Now I gotta make myself some egg sandwiches. I love a good egg sammie!

How fun! They sure do have a good memory. Our gd doesn't forget a thing either...little stinkers :laughing:

Well, I should run and shuffle a few more papers.
Have a great evening everyone!!!

Nashville sounds a lovely place to visit and hope you get your Orlando trip sorted out soon.

How sad to hear of a child die, it`s never easy to listen to details about that.

Hope you have a good week ahead....

And we are midweek again! It was Sunday only 2 minutes ago!

Tom and I both have a dentist appointment this morning, so we`ll drive over there early, but it`s going to be a new dentist once again, the one I had just got used to has left the practice and it`s another new dentist to get to know. I did Google her and I`m not sure. So we might finally change practices to one a bit closer to us now.

No lunch out today as we`re all going out on Saturday night, it was just four of us to begin with, but it has expanded into the Wednesday lunch group joining us, fine by us, the more the merrier. We did plan to go to the Thai restaurant but one of them doesn`t like Thai food, so we may choose somewhere else.

After the dentist going to pick up a new electric kettle, seems the one we have has decided to give up the ghost, when one thing goes other items usually follow!! So will have a wander round some stores while we`re shopping for that.

Bacon, leek and mushroom quiche tonight, I need to check I have another bag of flour unopened, I usually do as I never let my cabinets run down to empty....couldn`t live like that the way some folks do....empty kitchen cabinets would be alien to me!! And I do like to make my own pastry for things like that, last time it took two goes as the first batch didn`t work, but second one was fine. My hands are too warm I think.

Avocado toast first though and lots of tea......

i-LqJGK8b-S.gif

cv51-S.jpg

cv58-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Wednesday ☺️

Ah, that still a little hazy with the forest fire smoke, but a no cloud sky and two weather alerts on my phone this early morning and a text from my county on it too late last night. The phone flash ones are: Air Quality Alert until midnight tomorrow, and Unhealthy, Air Quality index is 197, which is worse than around this time yesterday. Ick.

And with that cold front still hanging around, letting that smoke hang around as well, it’s cool as went to the low 50’s over night. 53 degrees now, and bright out. I’d had open our windows with that overnight coolness, but with the unhealthy air, and the fact that pollen is also in that air, we have not opened our windows since older one was 3 years old. Yes, he’s had that allergic reaction since young. And hasn’t grown out of it. But is a bit odd not to hear the AC on in the month of June, though house feels cool from all that cooler hazy air.

Hope dentist is a good one, Schumi. Always hard to find another when one always gone to, retired. Though traveling more would make sense to try to find a closer dental office.

But yay, the week day done is marking along. Sad one, but one that is already at mid week. And who do I see?

Yep, that camel reminder, as when you get that over the hump feeling of a day, and yay, Friday will then be one day away. Woot! it’s a Wednesday. So with the camel and I we wish you to have a:
IMG_1645.jpeg
::yes::

Ooh tea. Hope Schumi finds her electric teapot. Here, while we do have those, most use a teapot on the stove. Hence my stove teapot is large, and I’m ready for a refill. Getting thirsty, as perfect feeling for tomorrow.

Good morning everyone. Stay safe and hope all are well.

Well I didn`t get a kettle in the end. We do have another kettle we can use to make tea and of course we make tea in teapots not kettles. Would never leave a teapot on a stove, it would just stew and over brew.....that`s not how you make tea.

Anyway......met my new dentist, she`s not going to be there for long so next time we go it`ll be someone else. She was quite nice, but very young.

Made my pastry for the quiche and first batch of pastry worked out just fine, so I`ve blind baked it and once it cools will pop the bacon and mushrooms in, then the egg mix and will bake it for dinner, doing salad and coleslaw with it. Always a favourite dish for my husband and I.

Still cool here, but they are promising sunshine for the weekend....I hope so, we`re overdue some heat. That`s why we go to Florida!!

My lovely husband is making us a pot of tea right now, he does make a lovely pot of tea.....will keep us going till dinner.

Wednesday almost over again.......

Hey all, those dirty dogs lied, it’s still yucky here
0F45CD88-BB7A-42F0-9C5D-1685539EF577.jpeg
”uncle” Least not on the big island of Hawaii, had a volcanic eruption

9E6C52CB-0E6D-4F8C-ADFD-022E315F5195.jpeg
Thank you for countless hours of entertainment over the decades. far more than the cartoon character he protrayed. RIP

nearly fell over this am, wanted to use up some store-bought strawberries and saw a recipe for strawberry scones. Admittedly, have only tried to make scones a few times, always an abject failure. Me so happy, they came out swell :). started out with 8 of them, down to 7. Pretty sure another one will disappear before I go out this afternoon on errands:rolleyes1

pumpkin - oh, that’s a sad story re co-worker. Yea to the upcoming trip planning :dance3:

carole - good luck at the dentist today! Never fun thought to face a new one, it’s a pretty intimate thing to have somebody sticking their paws in your mouth. A lot of trust needed there IMO

Yay Keisha is now a scone baker. Yeah, kids said last night, the smoky haze was so thick, at sunset last night, they could actually see the sun without having to shade the eyes. Yeah, older one is limiting his time outside. Nice his coworkers were worried about hm, given the unhealthy air today. He’s on medicine, so at least he can breathe a little better. But yeah, no reason for him to spend any extended time outside. He still uses a nebulizer to help with his breathing this time of year. I also didn’t walk as far for my lunchtime walk. No need to breathe that icky air any longer than need either.

Sigh. A quiet enough day. So not complaining.

I seen @Lynne G post that it's that hump day again! And since I'm back to m regular shifts at homecare - it's a weekend off :Pinkbounc I'm not sure what we will do yet...but I'm excited to have this weekend off!

Very slow morning here! I'm very used to my busy desk at homecare - where is the not often where you have an idle minute :laughing: I'm waiting for more papers to hit my desk.

I was pleased to get out for a walk last night. The wind had died down to a slight breeze - so it made walking great to keep me cool.

I made a stirfry last night with half of an elk roast. The roasts are HUGE...and when I take one out...most seem to make at least 2 if not three meals. So I have to meal plan when I take one of them out. That was the last meal off of that last night. Tonight I think it's a quick chicken parm for supper done in the airfryer. So quick and easy that way. There won't be many complaints about that - unlike the stirfry last night :rotfl:

Bacon, leek and mushroom quiche tonight,
That sounds AMAZING!!!! It sounds light and fresh!!!! The older ds hates mushrooms - so I would have to make that on nights when he's not home. I'm going to add that to my list of meals to try when he's working out of town. Yes..I have a running list and some of those are your meals like this one!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you like the next new dentist coming into that practice.

he’s had that allergic reaction since young. And hasn’t grown out of it. But is a bit odd not to hear the AC on in the month of June, though house feels cool from all that cooler hazy air.
We were hoping oldest ds would loose his allergy induced asthma as he got older. NOPE...it has gotten worse :rolleyes2 I do give him credit as he knows what he needs to do and plan when he's knows he is heading out and knows that his asthma will be triggered. And as soon as the snow starts to melt - he's buying and taking the combination of OTC meds we have found that work.

I will say - the smoke has triggered his asthma alot more this year. I can tell he's growing up and finally doing it on his own without me having to nag him.
nearly fell over this am, wanted to use up some store-bought strawberries and saw a recipe for strawberry scones. Admittedly, have only tried to make scones a few times, always an abject failure. Me so happy, they came out swell :)
It's great when that happens!!!!! Enjoy the scones

Well, I should go hunt down some papers to shuffle again.

Have a great day everyone!

Oh Pumpkin. Sorry to hear your oldest DS has that allergy induced asthma too. Yeah my older one knows to take his cocktail of drugs, both OTC and prescriptive, at the start of our Spring season. It’s an every day take he does, until a hard freeze. He hates the Fall and the early Spring, the most though, as many of our trees and grasses share their pollen in the Fall, most of our other plants, in the Spring. But he tends to start taking drugs again around the holidays, as even indoor holiday plants share pollen in the air. Fake Christmas trees for us.

Nice enough day. Sunny and still hazy, I thought the 179 was high this morning, it’s now an even more unhealthy air, with a 185 air quality index. You can actually smell the smoke in the air after being outside only for a few minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter