Something About Nothing............ #14

Forgot to add it was a delight to spend time with Melissa
keisha and Dave also

Houses are fun!

Glad you had fun…..:)

Sorry we missed our long planned meet….as you know, having a poorly husband meant we stayed in the room tonight. He’s still not right, but Club Lounge staff sent us a care amenity of chicken noodle soup, ginger ale, crackers, teas and tissues…….soup was delicious!

Hoping he feels better tomorrow………will be in bed soon.

Hi everyone. Quick update. Mom seemingly took a turn for the worse on Sunday so I rushed down to Atlanta. Monday it seemed like she was near the end. She’s very weak and thin. She isn’t eating. She was mostly sleeping, but when awake wasn’t very coherent. Today she was more alert and coherent. The hospice nurse came by to check on her and said her vital signs were good. She is definitely declining, but not in the end stages yet. There really isn’t much I can do here and can’t stay indefinitely, so I will probably be going home on Saturday.

Oh Charade, sending lots of my hugs to you. I am so sorry to hear of your mom’s condition. But at least you got to see her now. And for that, I’m sure you feel like you did the right thing. Safe flight on Saturday. Little one is doing a stop over at the Atlanta airport today, as she’s boarded for that flight 20 minutes ago, so she should be in the air soon.

Mac, glad to hear you enjoyed last night. That little bit of rain was not bad, and I did not have express but got to 5 houses and saw the fuel show. I swear that show was almost exactly like last year. A one and done for me last year, and one and done for me this year. Looking forward to touring on Saturday.

Oh no Schumi, sorry to hear Tom is not feeling well. I hope he is feeling much better today and nice of club to send a care package.

Hehe, was asleep when little one called me in panic at the airport. Thought she would not get through security in time. Thankfully she did and should be airborne shortly. I may go back to sleep, maybe not. Did make some tea. And a peak out my dirty window, to see it’s dark out.

Will be a 90 degree hot day today. Hehe, why my luggage is not heavy. Lots of shirts and t shirts, and bathing suits is all clothing needed. Well, undies too. This time of year, it always still feels warm here. When we were here in August, heat index almost every day was 110. It was very humid and warmer feeling then now. But still sweaty weather in late September too.

Some maybe little bit of park fun, then airport pick up just before lunchtime. Giving myself about a 1/2 hour to drive, to sit in the cell for a few minutes. She has only a carry on, so will pick her up at departures, as she can simply just walk out.

Thirsty Thursday here. For those down here with me, and we’ll all the homies, make sure you stay hydrated. No need to feel parched. And tea for me already, so I guess I’m starting that thirsty feeling already.

Have a most terrific Thirsty Thursday all. And yay, Fall starts today.

charade, hugs and more hugs for you
I am sure she is in good hands with you with her

I do know you are worried but you are there with her and and know she appreciates you

schumi, is tom feeling better this morning?
I pray that he has

U will feel better when Tom feels back to normal

I am hopeful that he will improve and will be back to being in the parks soon!

Hi everyone. Quick update. Mom seemingly took a turn for the worse on Sunday so I rushed down to Atlanta. Monday it seemed like she was near the end. She’s very weak and thin. She isn’t eating. She was mostly sleeping, but when awake wasn’t very coherent. Today she was more alert and coherent. The hospice nurse came by to check on her and said her vital signs were good. She is definitely declining, but not in the end stages yet. There really isn’t much I can do here and can’t stay indefinitely, so I will probably be going home on Saturday.

I‘m so sorry to hear your mum is deteriorating Charade, and I understand how difficult it is living so far away from family, especially in difficult times like this.

I hope your time with your mum gives you some comfort in times ahead and hope she is as comfortable as she can be.

schumi, is tom feeling better this morning?
I pray that he has

U will feel better when Tom feels back to normal

I am hopeful that he will improve and will be back to being in the parks soon!

Thanks Mac…….he is a “little“ better this morning. We walked round the park for less than an hour before coming back to the room……

Water and Tylenol for him, although we are meeting some friends soon, so he hopes not to be blowing his nose all through lunch…..lol….

Care package from Club staff helped last night too. Chicken noodle soup is always good!

We are both annoyed we missed the meet last night, after it being arranged for so long. Will catch you soon though……

We are like the Walking Dead though today……I’ve pulled a muscle in my leg that will not heal……so Between that and Tom sneezing (covid negative) we’re a pair!

But just had another lovely gift delivered to the room for us from the Housekeeping manager……..I think this is our 3rd bottle of fizz gifted……so kind of them…….

I think we are permanently pickled on this trip…….lol…….that’s what vacations are for!!

D7D889AA-F063-4CCC-A457-DA2A78769E64.jpeg

Wow, no traffic just got to the cell lot and little one said they landed, quick pick up, then some delicious bbq at pig in DS. Short line and food was hot and delivered fast. Walked around a bit, saw nothing of interest, then back to hotel. Little one needs her beauty sleep. We may try IOA, maybe not. Will see after she wakes up.

Beautiful hot day so far.

Good Thursday night everyone :wave:

05718FC9-82C4-4FBF-BA68-CFF9BDBA2E9A.jpeg

Now back relaxing before some pool time

Lynne glad to hear your trip in was good. You have a nice view. Enjoy your time at SF. It is a beautiful Resort.

Robbie: good to hear portofino is back in their groove. The reviews here when they opened back up were brutal. Youngest DS couldn’t make this trip. He requested Portofino for our quick 2 night stay mid October so he can get a hhn night in this year. Then onto WDW/BLT for 3 nights.

Things appear to be running smoothly. Had a wonderful stay.

Great to hear your son will be able to enjoy some HHN time. I remember him from Macs tour in 2018. He was a kind young gentleman.

It’s just as hot and muggy in orlando as it is in Georgia
I have the ac on 24/7 at home and quite enjoy it
It has been hot and muggy for sure Mac. Stay hydrated.

Sorry we missed our long planned meet….as you know, having a poorly husband meant we stayed in the room tonight. He’s still not right, but Club Lounge staff sent us a care amenity of chicken noodle soup, ginger ale, crackers, teas and tissues…….soup was delicious!

Hoping he feels better tomorrow………will be in bed soon.
Sending get well wishes to Tom. Hope he feels better soon.

Charade sending prayers for your mom, you and your family.

We are like the Walking Dead though today……I’ve pulled a muscle in my leg that will not heal……so Between that and Tom sneezing (covid negative) we’re a pair!

Now your in sick bay too. Muscle pulls are painful for sure. Sending get well wishes to you both. Not fun to feel poorly on vacation. Sounds like the staff at RPR are looking after you good.

I think we are permanently pickled on this trip…….lol…….that’s what vacations are for!!
Enjoy your cocktails and wine on vacation. Celebrate everyday.

Wow, no traffic just got to the cell lot and little one said they landed, quick pick up, then some delicious bbq at pig in DS. Short line and food was hot and delivered fast. Walked around a bit, saw nothing of interest, then back to hotel. Little one needs her beauty sleep. We may try IOA, maybe not. Will see after she wakes up.

Glad to hear you picked up your little without issue at the airport. Enjoy your mom and daughter time.

Had a couple of appointments today. Just getting caught up on some emails this evening. Does tend to get away from me at times.

I have been going to bed early last few nights. Guess the trip back is getting a bit more taxing as I get older.

Had a great time at HHN and a great stay at Portofino. Overall a great trip.

Hope everyone has a great time at HHN. Enjoy enjoy enjoy.

Great seems to be a key word for this evening......LOL

Robo, good to hear from you.

Friday yay!

Well, yesterday, little one slept the afternoon away, by the time we freshened up, and headed to CityWalk, only HHN was open. Had a nice pizza for a very late dinner. Was crowded when we got there, but by the time we left, it was much quieter. Seems mobile order only. But fine with us, and we always like their pizza. Then while didn’t order much drinks, other than iced coffee from that coffee place, which had no half and half left, so little one was not fond of the splash of heavy cream they subbed with. But we did pop into the Red Coconut and the other bars along that upper area. Part of it was blocked off, seems a bank rented out part of CityWalk and IOA for the night. We will go back maybe tonight.

Oh no Schumi, pulling a muscle is painful. Sending well wishes mummy dust to you and Tom.

Plans? I think we never make early entry, or rarely do. Little one forgot some things, so we will pick them up later today. Pool is open to 11pm, I think, so maybe some pool time today or this evening.

Fabulous weather Friday to all. Wahoo the weekend is coming soon. HHN one for us. Yay!

Woke with up with a splitting headache today
696B920F-2286-4950-BB56-5BB23B61C9E4.jpeg

6 house backstage tour was great. May do a mini TR. day went from 9 am to 9:30 pm. My legs feel like lead today. Almost 20 miles in last 2 days as I booked EP our first HHN. Pool time until it’s time to dance with the ghouls

Has been lovely to spend time with so many friends

Everyone do me a solid please, face east and start blowing tropical depression #9 out to sea:rolleyes1

Lynne, enjoy that time with your not so ‘lil. Show her who’s boss, drink her under the table. Lol jk
Mom seemingly took a turn for the worse on Sunday so I rushed down to Atlanta.
Oh charade, sad to hear. Good luck on this journey, hope God is merciful
He was a kind young gentleman.
Thank you very much.:-)

Last edited:
It's fun day Friday :cheer2: It felt like this week dragged on forever!!!!

Fall had arrived here with an perfect day! Warmer temps have been here most of the week, and I'm soaking them all up! Cool temps are still happening at night, but it's be amazingly warm during the day.

Not much on the agenda for the weekend. Tomorrow the boys are heading out to use the dirt bikes and ATV's. So it will be a putter and clean around the house day. Sunday we are planning to take the boat out once last time to do some fishing. We will take dumb and dumber along, as they love being on the boat and get them out of the house/yard for a day. Other than that, we don't have much else planned.

It’s just as hot and muggy in orlando as it is in Georgia
I have the ac on 24/7 at home and quite enjoy it

Now at hhn and it’s muggy but I will get used to it!

So this is the heat I have missed back home…
Enjoy your time in the parks!
Quick update. Mom seemingly took a turn for the worse on Sunday so I rushed down to Atlanta. Monday it seemed like she was near the end. She’s very weak and thin. She isn’t eating. She was mostly sleeping, but when awake wasn’t very coherent. Today she was more alert and coherent. The hospice nurse came by to check on her and said her vital signs were good. She is definitely declining, but not in the end stages yet. There really isn’t much I can do here and can’t stay indefinitely, so I will probably be going home on Saturday.
I hope that time you get to spend with your mom comforts you as she transitions to another place. I'm sending you many tight hugs
I hope your both starting to come around now. That is not fun - especially on a holiday :sad2:
Nice when you can bar hop with your kids. A beautiful night
I LOVE going out with our kids now that we are not limited on where we can go.
Wome with up with a splitting headache today
I hope your feeling better. I HATE waking up with them. It's hard to find the groove of your day when it starts out with that.

Well, I should get shuffling more papers around...then an afternoon full of shredding today.

Have a great day everyone. If your in the parks...stay hydrated even if it's with an extra beverage :drinking1

Ah, we had a great day, some park fun, great service and food at Mythos, then caught train, and thought why not go past mummy, as was closed before when we went by in the morning. Score, ride in about 25 minutes. Quick single rider MIB, then pool time, and burger meal late dinner, as needed more stuff little one needed. And parking garage was full enough we had to park on the third floor, as didn’t want 4th and last floor, as was not covered. Then went to listen to music in CityWalk, while sipping our drinks.

Hope Schumi and her DH are feeling better today.

Eh, not the first hurricane I was in while at a park hotel. Thankfully, little one leaves Sunday night, so her flight should go as scheduled. My flight is next Saturday night, so I think I will be okay by that time too. Hotel will keep all safe, and I have food in my room, so good to go, if can’t get out for a day.

Tomorrow, yay, our HHN touring night. Lazy day our Saturday will be, so will be ready for that late night tomorrow.

Have a good night all. Weekend is a great way to wake up to. And the first one in Fall.

Good Saturday morning Sans family :wave:

48E54907-206D-4F6B-B13F-736C5FE70010.jpeg

Sending continued get well wishes to Schumi and hubby. I hope you both are feeling better.

Yep, the 6 House Tour was great. Looks like you enjoyed the Freaky House. Nice photo. Would enjoy seeing a trippy from you. I always like to read others take on experiences and photos.

Good to hear you are having some nice visits. Always good to hang out with friends.

Everyone do me a solid please, face east and start blowing tropical depression #9 out to sea:rolleyes1
Will do. Will keep finger and toes crossed it misses Florida.

Mac sleep in your on vacation.

Lynne so nice to hear your having a good time with your daughter.

Quiet morning to start. Will leave in a few minutes to pick up sister. We are going to the 4-H craft fair. I try and go to this if I’am around. They have beautiful things for sell. . There is a lady there who makes the best cinnamon rolls. I always buy some as hubby really likes them.

Our weather here has finally cooled down. We went from 100 degrees on Wednesday to 59 this morning. When we usually have a temperature drops like that it is usually precipitated by a big storm. Strangely not this time. The cooler temps just quietly blew in. It’s going to supposedly get up to high of 83 today.

Going to get scootin so I can make a Starbucks stop on the way.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone.

Last edited:
Hehe, Robo, I’m like your DH, I like a good cinnamon bun too. Have fun at the fair drinking your coffee.

As usual, I’m up and little one is still asleep. Was that Cinderella, and was to bed by midnight. What time little one went to bed, not sure.

Sunny all day, which will feel hopefully not as hot, as a little breezy. Should be in the high 70’s tonight. The most perfect weather for us doing that HHN touring,

Eh, hurricane coming. Will make most of this coming week rainy. Whatever. Still enjoying my time, rain or not, I do have my cheap poncho.

So, super happy Saturday to all.

Good Thursday night everyone :wave:

View attachment 704382

Lynne glad to hear your trip in was good. You have a nice view. Enjoy your time at SF. It is a beautiful Resort.

Things appear to be running smoothly. Had a wonderful stay.

Great to hear your son will be able to enjoy some HHN time. I remember him from Macs tour in 2018. He was a kind young gentleman.

It has been hot and muggy for sure Mac. Stay hydrated.

Sending get well wishes to Tom. Hope he feels better soon.

Charade sending prayers for your mom, you and your family.

Now your in sick bay too. Muscle pulls are painful for sure. Sending get well wishes to you both. Not fun to feel poorly on vacation. Sounds like the staff at RPR are looking after you good.

Enjoy your cocktails and wine on vacation. Celebrate everyday.

Glad to hear you picked up your little without issue at the airport. Enjoy your mom and daughter time.

Had a couple of appointments today. Just getting caught up on some emails this evening. Does tend to get away from me at times.

I have been going to bed early last few nights. Guess the trip back is getting a bit more taxing as I get older.

Had a great time at HHN and a great stay at Portofino. Overall a great trip.

Hope everyone has a great time at HHN. Enjoy enjoy enjoy.

Great seems to be a key word for this evening......LOL

Thanks Robbie, he’s much better now and so is the leg for me. Yes, the staff here are wonderful and have taken extra special care of us.

Glad you had such a wonderful stay and trip, I said to Tom I’m kinda looking forward to getting back to 10.30pm bedtimes once we’re home!

View attachment 704462

6 house backstage tour was great. May do a mini TR. day went from 9 am to 9:30 pm. My legs feel like lead today. Almost 20 miles in last 2 days as I booked EP our first HHN. Pool time until it’s time to dance with the ghouls

Lynne, enjoy that time with your not so ‘lil. Show her who’s boss, drink her under the table. Lol jk

Oh charade, sad to hear. Good luck on this journey, hope God is merciful

Thank you very much.:-)

lol…..glad the head got better……would love you to write about the tour and how much fun it was!

We’ll hear more tomorrow……..:)

Have to laugh at the delicious irony of the name
View attachment 704541
Forecast a cat 3

View attachment 704544

lol again……we’re supposed to fly home Wednesday.

It's fun day Friday :cheer2: It felt like this week dragged on forever!!!!

Fall had arrived here with an perfect day! Warmer temps have been here most of the week, and I'm soaking them all up! Cool temps are still happening at night, but it's be amazingly warm during the day.

Not much on the agenda for the weekend. Tomorrow the boys are heading out to use the dirt bikes and ATV's. So it will be a putter and clean around the house day. Sunday we are planning to take the boat out once last time to do some fishing. We will take dumb and dumber along, as they love being on the boat and get them out of the house/yard for a day. Other than that, we don't have much else planned.

Enjoy your time in the parks!

I hope that time you get to spend with your mom comforts you as she transitions to another place. I'm sending you many tight hugs

I hope your both starting to come around now. That is not fun - especially on a holiday :sad2:

I LOVE going out with our kids now that we are not limited on where we can go.

I hope your feeling better. I HATE waking up with them. It's hard to find the groove of your day when it starts out with that.

Well, I should get shuffling more papers around...then an afternoon full of shredding today.

Have a great day everyone. If your in the parks...stay hydrated even if it's with an extra beverage :drinking1

Sounds like a fun weekend all round Pumpkin……

And thanks, both of us are doing better.

can not believe it is saturday already…

since it is now going on 3 am,
i plan to sleep until i wake up later this saturday

Hopefully at noon today

Hope you got back to sleep and slept till noon!

Good Saturday morning Sans family :wave:

View attachment 704672

Sending continued get well wishes to Schumi and hubby. I hope you both are feeling better.

Yep, the 6 House Tour was great. Looks like you enjoyed the Freaky House. Nice photo. Would enjoy seeing a trippy from you. I always like to read others take on experiences and photos.

Good to hear you are having some nice visits. Always good to hang out with friends.

Will do. Will keep finger and toes crossed it misses Florida.

Mac sleep in your on vacation.

Lynne so nice to hear your having a good time with your daughter.

Quiet morning to start. Will leave in a few minutes to pick up sister. We are going to the 4-H craft fair. I try and go to this if I’am around. They have beautiful things for sell. . There is a lady there who makes the best cinnamon rolls. I always buy some as hubby really.
likes them.

Our weather here has finally cooled down. We went from 100 degrees on Wednesday to 59 this morning. Strangely when we have a temperature drop like that it is usually precipitated by a big storm. Not this time it just quietly blew in. It’s going to supposedly get up to high of 83 today.

Going to get scootin so I can make a Starbucks stop on the way.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone.

There has been a lovely breeze today in the parks which was lovely to walk around in as it has been a hot September.

Have a lovely weekend……

Another late night last night and a gorgeous day again today. Had a wander round the parks this morning and it was lovely.

Had lunch for the first time in forever at HRC…….think it’ll be forever till I’m back again. How hard is it to have food sizzling hot?

Quick change of plans for tonight again……but it all worked out perfectly…..

Loving this whole trip………will be watching for info on the storm for next week, nothing from the airline yet, so we’ll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter