Something About Nothing............ #14

Keisha party on!

Having rain, with my phone flashing lightning in the area. I guess. Have not heard thunder, but do hear our AC still running. Yeah. Still 80 degrees out.

Should break the heat wave tomorrow. Guess camel will enjoy the 86 degeee day, instead of one in the 90’s we have had in the past week.

Noisy vehicle just last by. .

Light on, with cloud cover and raining, dark out. Hope all have a most peaceful night.

Good evening. Nothing much going on here today. I bought my first Christmas gift today. Dh collects pins, so I bought the Haunted Mansion pin I saw on Shop Disney. I'm also working on a couple of gifts for the therapists I work for. Remember Lucy's psychiatric booth in the Peanuts comics? I'm doing that in cross stitch, but instead of "psychiatric help" I will use their business names, and instead of "The doctor is in" I will use " (name) is in". I just hope I can get them finished before Christmas.

I am not fond of shoe or clothes shopping.
Maybe more so than charade.
I think I would like shopping better if I wore smaller size clothes and didn't have wide feet.

Xanadu is such a wonderfully camp movie, you can`t help but love it.
I think I may need to purchase a copy.

It is gorgeous again this morning!!! What a view!!!
It always looks so beautiful and peaceful.

Well, didn`t get shoes......didn`t want to end up being 8 foot tall and crippled
I don't even buy low heels anymore. I live in flats.

Good luck being sent your way for shoe shopping.
Thank you. I didn't have any luck locally, so I will try the Skechers outlet on Friday.

angel eggs
Is this another name for deviled eggs or something different?

didn’t know u lived in FL for a time. Sweet. I’ve seen that stand in kissimmee. not sure I’d like the seasoning…was told it’s a strong citrus sort? Afraid it might have cilantro in it, my nemesis in most south of the border food
We were in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area from 1997-2003. B was born in Coral Springs, Fl.
I don't remember a strong citrus taste or cilantro from Pollo Tropical, but I haven't eaten there in years. I would always get a grilled chicken breast, black beans with rice, and plantains. I'm craving some now.

I'm a little late to the party, but Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day.

It’s been a long day for me but i made it here before midnight
Woot!

I made the most pathetic dinner tonight
I am not the best cook but i do try my best to fix something different every once in awhile.

I found a recipe online that was a one pot dinner
Cut up chicken with using asparagus can soup and baked it in the oven

Usually Mr Mac will eat any meal that has chicken in it
His only comment about dinner this evening was don’t bother saving the leftovers…

He ate but he did say please make this a one and done meal

Yea, I really stubbed my toe on tonight’s dinner…

Is the birthday party still in high gear for keisha?

Keep celebrating your day until midnight!!

The keisha`s are a family that celebrates the right way!!!

Well, it's a beautiful taco Tuesday here. The sun is shinning, the wind is at a minimum (for now).

Busier day at work today. Our health and safety gal is in our office this week for her yearly visit to update everyone and things around here. So she is keeping me busy with lots of admin tasks. It's nice to have a little more estrogen and another woman wandering around the office.

Well, it's now almost home time, and I'm finally getting around to stopping in!

No records for us either lol and I'm ok with that! I know you are like me and will take all the nice weather days we get.

:banana:

It is definitely beautiful there. Enjoy all your time there.

Have a fun day with J!

Happy Birthday!!!! :bday:

Well, I should shuffle the last few papers on my desk!

Have a great evening everyone!

I never missed the Health & Safety folks once I got out of the Explosives Industry......they were all grey suits who had no sense of humour at all!! I always thought it might be a nice field to venture off into, if only to change that certain type. I`m sure it`s much better now.

Yes, we enjoy it while we can don`t we.....it could be gone tomorrow.......lol......

Good evening. Nothing much going on here today. I bought my first Christmas gift today. Dh collects pins, so I bought the Haunted Mansion pin I saw on Shop Disney. I'm also working on a couple of gifts for the therapists I work for. Remember Lucy's psychiatric booth in the Peanuts comics? I'm doing that in cross stitch, but instead of "psychiatric help" I will use their business names, and instead of "The doctor is in" I will use " (name) is in". I just hope I can get them finished before Christmas.

I think I would like shopping better if I wore smaller size clothes and didn't have wide feet.

I think I may need to purchase a copy.

It always looks so beautiful and peaceful.

I don't even buy low heels anymore. I live in flats.

Thank you. I didn't have any luck locally, so I will try the Skechers outlet on Friday.

Is this another name for deviled eggs or something different?

We were in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area from 1997-2003. B was born in Coral Springs, Fl.
I don't remember a strong citrus taste or cilantro from Pollo Tropical, but I haven't eaten there in years. I would always get a grilled chicken breast, black beans with rice, and plantains. I'm craving some now.

I'm a little late to the party, but Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day.

Xanadu is a dvd you have to get for you own viewing!!!

It is a beautiful area....very peaceful and tranquil, we`ve always lived beside the sea and not sure I`d want to change that.

I do like a heel of some kind, but my problem feet don`t make it easy. I do have some pairs of shoes that have large heels, but that`s for when I only have to walk to the car, get dropped off at the restaurant right at the door and picked up again......I love those shoes, but not if I have to walk!

I`m not supposed to wear anything completely flat, it gives me so much pain, so everything has a lift in them, like trainers and my walking shoes, or sandals all have a slight wedge....like the "dressy" crocs.....which aren`t the slightest bit dressy......but they are good for where my feet need to be.

Hope you find something though.

It’s been a long day for me but i made it here before midnight
Woot!

I made the most pathetic dinner tonight
I am not the best cook but i do try my best to fix something different every once in awhile.

I found a recipe online that was a one pot dinner
Cut up chicken with using asparagus can soup and baked it in the oven

Usually Mr Mac will eat any meal that has chicken in it
His only comment about dinner this evening was don’t bother saving the leftovers…

He ate but he did say please make this a one and done meal

Yea, I really stubbed my toe on tonight’s dinner…

lol....love when our men are honest!!! You lost me at Asparagus.......

You have had a busy day, so hope you slept well!!

But, we have another mini heatwave for the next few days anyway. Won`t be the 40c+ we had last month, but it`ll do us just nicely. And not a breeze to cool it down slightly.......after shopping this morning, we`ll be slouching in the garden together the rest of the day........

Workmen finished last night, so we now don`t have a pond which I`m so pleased about, I hated it. Took up so much space, it doesn`t look brilliant right now, but it will once the grass has properly attached itself and grows a little. So, it`ll be peaceful again.

I think it`ll be grilling for dinner again........lots of salad to pick at too. The store we`re going to this morning is near a butcher we don`t go to very often, but they do have amazing steaks from their own cows, so might pick up 2 nice steaks there.

Trying again for shoes......not fun at all.

But, gorgeous morning here again......sun is blistering so will need some sunscreen today again.

i-F66F9Fd-Th.gif

cv2229-S.jpg

cv159-S.jpg

:worship:

Have a wonderful Wednesday 😁

Omg, my hair is that oh so puffy. Was so humid with damp feeling from the rain last night. But a pep in my step as commuted fast enough. Darn bus, don’t care if I have to speed up to go through that yellow light you are also doing. Though, why is that pep in step? Woot is right camel. We’ll hello there.

7F39BC0C-0F89-4268-B7E7-AF2BBF41E2E0.jpeg

Can you guess today? Woot woot a Wednesday. You know the very hump feeling of a day, that this week is half over. And for me, shortest week day routine in awhile. Yep, Friday feeling for me. As weekend fun and tomorrow, beach day fun. Woot!

W’s today, weather. Yeah. close enough to 90 the high temp, will be a very muggy day, then a cold front arrives later today, so will be rocking and rolling with more needed rain in the wee hours, into early Thursday, to make the next two days after a high of 90 tomorrow, not only with lower 80’s highs, but low humidity. Even better? Predicting that full day of sun for Saturday. Should hopefully be clear as we take off an hour before sunrise. Woot!

Most wonderful Wednesday all.

Gosh, so quiet on here today.....

Didn`t get shoes after all.....did find one pair I thought might work, but after 3 steps I knew they weren`t for me!

i-fkZGr9r-Th.gif

But, did pick up a few Christmas presents.....right place at the right time!!

Went out for our Wednesday lunch with some friends.....we sat inside in the pub as it is boiling hot and aircon is nicer when we`re eating. We mostly had salads, Tom and I shared a seafood platter.....I got all the oysters!!! So, I don`t think we`ll need dinner tonight, but have some chicken skewers in case we do get peckish later.

It is gorgeous here again, we are enjoying this tranquility sitting outside......mostly in the shade I have to say......but lovely all the same. And the plums on the trees are ripening faster than usual, we`ll need to get picking them soon....so juicy too.

Pot of tea time though......

Hey all!

Is the birthday party still in high gear for keisha?

Keep celebrating your day until midnight!!
I’m going for the whole week lol. Took the ‘lil along with us to TX roadhouse. Rarely get ribs out, that steak combo called to me yum

A1B7DAEB-AD00-4D0E-B1DE-1EB0ACAA0559.jpeg

Enough leftovers for dinner tonight. Well, going for late lunch after my annual mammo & before the mr & I go forth for early evening appt at dentist. Taking togetherness to new heights, both starting new crowns together
so I bought the Haunted Mansion pin I saw on Shop Disney.
You chose wisely
Yea, I really stubbed my toe on tonight’s dinner
Always an E for effort. II generally avoid most new recipes that have canned soup in them.

Like the all receipe and taste of home websites for quick, new ideas
like the "dressy" crocs.....which aren`t the slightest bit dressy
Bring me my dressy crocs…that phrase still gets a belly laugh from my family hmmph

Hey all!

I’m going for the whole week lol. Took the ‘lil along with us to TX roadhouse. Rarely get ribs out, that steak combo called to me yum

View attachment 692440

Enough leftovers for dinner tonight. Well, going for late lunch after my annual mammo & before the mr & I go forth for early evening appt at dentist. Taking togetherness to new heights, both starting new crowns together

You chose wisely

Always an E for effort. II generally avoid most new recipes that have canned soup in them.

Like the all receipe and taste of home websites for quick, new ideas

Bring me my dressy crocs…that phrase still gets a belly laugh from my family hmmph

Oh heck.....that looks good!!! Minus the baked potatoes of course for me.....lol.....steak, shrimp and ribs!!! Glad you had such a lovely meal and lovely company too of course......

Oh everytime I wear my dressy crocs I have a giggle about us naming them such......I said it once in front of a friend who didn`t know the story, her face was a picture when I asked where my dressy crocs were........complete amazement and bewilderment on her face.....then I explained......she got it. This is a woman who is like Gloria from Modern Family....always in high heels wherever she goes!!

Hope your appointments go swell.....love the dual appointments at the dentist!!!!!

Yes, welcome to the retired couple`s club.....dual appointments is the new normal now......lol......

It`s hot.

There is a little breeze but not enough to cool us down. The beaches are mobbed today which is nice to see, all the cafe`s, pubs, restaurants and other businesses will be thrilled with this heatwave.

Still in the garden, Tom did grill some chicken skewers, we`ve kinda nibbled on them, but we did fill up on some plums from the trees....oops.

Must be some pollen around, itchy eyes tonight. We were going to go to the Cricket Club for someone`s birthday party there, but neither of us can be bothered to go and move. A lot of the village will be there, so we won`t be missed and don`t really know the man too well anyway.

Cold drink time.........

So bored today. I had very little to do a work and tried to stretch it as long as I could. Thankfully just 20 minutes left in my day.

like the "dressy" crocs..
I have to ask - what is a dressy croc?

Food looks good. Dental visits are something we never do together. Dh needs about 4 crowns. He has horrible teeth. I’ve never even had a filling.

You chose wisely
I bought the pin yesterday morning because it said low stock. Yesterday evening I was going to show it to B, but it was no longer on the website. So glad I didn’t decide to wait any longer.

Now I have 15 minutes left. Can this day be any slower?

So bored today. I had very little to do a work and tried to stretch it as long as I could. Thankfully just 20 minutes left in my day.

I have to ask - what is a dressy croc?

Food looks good. Dental visits are something we never do together. Dh needs about 4 crowns. He has horrible teeth. I’ve never even had a filling.

I bought the pin yesterday morning because it said low stock. Yesterday evening I was going to show it to B, but it was no longer on the website. So glad I didn’t decide to wait any longer.

Now I have 15 minutes left. Can this day be any slower?

lol....it`s anything but dressy!!!

It`s a Croc Patricia......and it has a little wedge instead of the ugly clumpy dump ones.

1660157251513.png

I never wear flip flops as they are so bad for your feet, but these one`s are ok on my feet as it raises the heel which I need.

But, Janet and I named them "dressy" crocs....for the simple irony they aren`t. But, they certainly look better than the original croc.

It's great when we see it's hump day! We seem to have some warmer weather here again...and I'll take it! Nights are cool as we are in August now - so that is not unusual. It's a little early for the cool nights...but I can't control the weather.

Busy day here again. I seem to have the shiny squirrel syndrome seems to have hit me. I can't stay focused.

Not much happening here., The health and safety gal is keeping me busy with paperwork with updating all the shop guys safety things.

I did get for a walk last night. Also had to give the youngest ds a haircut. His hair grows so fast. Momma is going to need to invest in a new pair of clippers again soon. Maybe if I don't, they will be forced to actually go to a salon to get haircuts :rolleyes1 lol

Well, I just thought I would make a quick pop in...off to update more binders and folders.

Have a great day everyone!

Tom did grill some chicken skewers, we`ve kinda nibbled on them, but we did fill up on some plums from the trees....oops.
Grill chicken sounds good. No food rest of night for us till glue cures. Naturally, I’m suddenly starving

Have bought plums twice this season that appeared ripe, fooled both times. Tasteless and somehow hard inside. I give up

Pumpkin - Im of the mind the newer generation of clipper blades go dull very rapidly.
He has horrible teeth. I’ve never even had a filling.
Seriously? That’s wild. Good for you.

The mr had an entire tooth fall out a week ago
That was crowned. I stuck it in my change purse jik. casually mentioned it during my appt. DH told me the dentist glued it back into place, said a long shot lol

I can’t wait to take a hot bubble bath and crawl into bed early to Watch something mindless

That food looks delicious, Keisha. Good choice for your birthday dinner. Lucky GD to chow down too. Ack to dentist appointments. Hope to say hello to ya next month.

Hehe, dressy crocs. I could never wear any crocs as them being too wide for my almost narrow feet. Why I can’t usually wear wider sneakers either. Stick with Nike, as they tend to run more narrow. Though may be bad for feet, I live in flip flops most of the time. But if any kind of walking, I do wear my sneakers.

Dark out and so glad alarm is now off. Yay for me. Though may still be up that early enough out. Came home and took a dinner time nap. But now enjoying my evening tea, after a little later dinner.

Sue, hope all is going well and you are having a fabulous time.

Light on, even in this early evening. May all have a most restful sleep. 😴

It's great when we see it's hump day! We seem to have some warmer weather here again...and I'll take it! Nights are cool as we are in August now - so that is not unusual. It's a little early for the cool nights...but I can't control the weather.

Busy day here again. I seem to have the shiny squirrel syndrome seems to have hit me. I can't stay focused.

Not much happening here., The health and safety gal is keeping me busy with paperwork with updating all the shop guys safety things.

I did get for a walk last night. Also had to give the youngest ds a haircut. His hair grows so fast. Momma is going to need to invest in a new pair of clippers again soon. Maybe if I don't, they will be forced to actually go to a salon to get haircuts :rolleyes1 lol

Well, I just thought I would make a quick pop in...off to update more binders and folders.

Have a great day everyone!

Glad you got to get out your walk last night, it`s just too hot here right now, even in the evenings. Our mornings are definitely getting cooler, but only very, very early.

Your kids are lucky you have a talent for hairdressing......during lockdown I did do Kyle`s but had to cut his, it was a hit or miss how decent it turned out. He didn`t care though as no one would see anyway. But, he was glad when barbers did open back up.

Tom`s I do with the clippers....can`t go wrong there. Had them for so many years I can`t even remember us buying them, but never used them till lockdown started.

Shiny squirrel syndrome.....lol.....

Grill chicken sounds good. No food rest of night for us till glue cures. Naturally, I’m suddenly starving

Have bought plums twice this season that appeared ripe, fooled both times. Tasteless and somehow hard inside. I give up

Pumpkin - Im of the mind the newer generation of clipper blades go dull very rapidly.

The mr had an entire tooth fall out a week ago
That was crowned. I stuck it in my change purse jik. casually mentioned it during my appt. DH told me the dentist glued it back into place, said a long shot lol

I can’t wait to take a hot bubble bath and crawl into bed early to Watch something mindless

You`ll be spoiled for choice finding something mindless to watch!!! I`m giving up on Virgin River I think....just too darn predicatable. I do like the actress in it, she was the young maid in the first AHS, Murder House. But, it`s getting boring now.

Yes, store bought plums are being harvested far too early, even ripening them for days doesn`t soften them up.

Always the way when you can`t eat, you find you could eat the fridge!!! Enjoy breakfast in the morning!!

Another stunningly beautiful morning here.......some morning dew soon disappeared and the heat is already there just after 6am........

Going to walk for an hour before the beaches start filling up with folks, there wasn`t a car parking space after 9.30 yesterday morning, so we need to be smart and get there and leave before the hordes arrive with their bucket and spades......

Staying in the rest of the day, have a man coming to inspect the pond clearance, delivery of a bottle of Scottish rum which is a gift for someone and a grocery delivery.......so we`ll be in the garden all day again....lots of sunscreen will be needed!

Barbecue for dinner tonight again......have sliced up pork fillet and will marinade those in chinese spices and sauce and skewer them, also a few chicken thighs with some caribbean marinade for them. Lunch will just be picking at some cold cuts and salads. Lots of water too.

But, large pot of tea is brewing right now before breakfast, far too early to eat just yet. But, beautiful day ahead for us.......

i-hCDmjk3-S.gif

cv5-S.jpg

cv77-S.png

Happy Thirsty Thursday :duck:

Ah thirst I am. Big pot of tea for me, too.

Woke up around 2 this morning, as heard loud enough rain, we got a good downpour in the wee hours. Phone says a light rain falling now, but the rain must have stopped long enough ago, and this light rain now, right now it does not sound like the roads are wet. Even with that loud enough downpour, probably dried up up fast and was sucked up by the ground which had not seen any rain in over a week. Hourly forecast shown during the early weather news said we should be clearing out of the rain shortly, with clouds remaining until which should be a gloriously clear sky by late afternoon. And last of the very warm days, 90 the high today. But that clearing of the sky is from cooler air, as a cold front has set up, and for the rest of the week, low 80’s and lower humidity starting tomorrow. And a peek at Orlando weather. Seems hot and rain chances every day next week predicted. Eh, most of the time that rain is late afternoon or early evening, then the rest of the day, and night is hot feeling. So we will pack our cheap plastic rain covers, and duck inside or find a dry place to wait out the rain. Most of the time, when we have had rain during the day, it’s a one time, and done. Even with the hurricane, it only rained enough to shut down the parks early and open a little later. But even that hurricane was gone in a few hours, and mostly came in the late night. So rain chances don’t bother us. And like all future weather forecasts, predicted weather can change as it gets closer to real time. But time of year, mostly hot along the Eastern coast of our country.

And so, even with an alarm not set, I’m still an early bird.

Yeah, most fruit, if not local, is not picked at most ripe, as needs to survive the shipping. We have had some good peaches though, and tasty watermelons, strawberries and blueberries. Not a routine plum eating family, though we have bought plums before. I’m not fond of them, so can’t remember if they were tasty or not. Sorry yours were icky, and not ripe Keisha. Hate when buying produce that turns out not good tasting, and not ripe tasting right away, or not even nicely ripe tasting in a few days.

Thus, a lazy enough day for me. Said to little one if she still wants to go down the shore today. She said maybe. Don’t know her bedtime, but she’s not up yet. So I am not sure what my agenda is today.

Asked her if knew where bag was. She said yes. Eh, maybe will drag mine one out of the closet later today. Maybe not. Won’t be packing until tomorrow anyway. Late packer I am.

So a lazy Thursday it is. And therefore, wishing all a most Terrific Thirsty Thursday.

So incredibly bored today. I really have nothing to do. I keep checking to see if any more rooms open up for my stay. I’d like to get away from poolside, but will pack some earplugs just in case.

I’m the only one in my family with good teeth. I can’t explain it. My mom, dad, and both siblings have all had dental issues. Thankfully B seems to be talking after me. She has made it almost 22 years without a cavity.

Hehe, dressy crocs. I could never wear any crocs as them being too wide for my almost narrow feet. Why I can’t usually wear wider sneakers either.
We are such opposites here. It’s a pain to shop for wide width shoes, but I think it is even more difficult to find narrow width.

This day is just dragging by. I’m going to have to go find something to do.

Like the new avatar Charade......love Cary Grant in any movie!

Thinking about moving inside soon. Sun has finally set and although we have garden lights strewn around and garden lamps......it`s time to head in as it is getting that little bit cooler now. Thankfully!! It`s been hot today again, and so lovely.

Spent most of the day in the garden, ate all our meals out here and got the all clear for the pond being filled in. Man was very pompous, but he did his job, all we ask.

Got all our expected deliveries, so just chilled out together once they were done. Nodded off at one point, glad I was in the shade.

Food was good, pork fillet cooked beautifully on the bbq......spicy chinese flavours which were delicious. Made a no bake white chocolate cheesecake earlier, handed some into the farm with a load of plums, but the guys who work on the farm will come and do the rest.

We are enjoying a shaken not stirred martini right now.........🍸

Ah, so glad a Friday is almost here. Full moon to see, but we gave a cloudy sky, so oh well. Have a most peacefully feeling sleep. Friday feeling being loaded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter