• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

i have been to hhn many times when it has rained
rain has never bothered me except ruin lot my make up
I ♥️ hhn
but don’t like doing it in the rain
but i still slosh thru the water puddles and get wet osoxs

First year we did hhn was 1993
not many houses but oh boy were they fun!

loved it so much have gone to it every single that first year up to the present

Ah, love seeing those storms, but under cover or from a window is the best.

Mac, nothing wrong with a sandwich dinner. Classic pb & j. And ours was turkey, as had to use up the rest of our bread we had sitting around. Tonight!? Kids may think Chinese takeout.

Ah, let’s talk about weather. This time of year, the early mornings will start to be cooler. But so nice to see a clear sky in the pre dawn hours. 52 out. Um, yeah. cooler. Shorts are still on, as will be another glorious sunshine filled day, with a pleasant 80 the high, and a breeze. Now this Friday’s weather is a perfect Summer feeling day, and is being the last of our Summer days. And a woot, while I won’t be here enjoying that 90 degrees predicted high this coming Wednesday, what a way for our weather to give my area that very warm feeling last full day of Summer. And our 10 days forecast has zero rain chances. Hmm, unlike where I’ll be the in those 10 days, starting Sunday. So should be an awesome clear predawn flight. But seeing the city I fly into 10 day forecast, there’s some full days of sun for half of that time. Woot! Woot! Woot!

Yahoo, last day I have an alarm to wake me up, for the next 16 days. And a little yahoo too, as little one will be flying on that first day of Fall, to enjoy HHN the weekend following, then having an evening flight back the day after our private HHN touring day.

So a Fabulous Friday to all.

Good morning!

I ♥️ hhn

First year we did hhn was 1993
not many houses but oh boy were they fun!

loved it so much have gone to it every single that first year up to the present

lol……yep, who feels the rain! This was torrential last night till around 8.30. No scare actors were out till much later, we saw them come out as we were leaving. Our friend who is a SA texted us to say when they expected to be out but we missed him.

By the time we all got there it was just a drizzle, so it was fine…..but……..my straightened hair didn’t like it…….. :rotfl:

E40C036F-6CFD-4646-AE86-22495EA03373.gif

But, who cares about that…….

It was fun and we enjoyed the few hours we spent there.

Everyone asks why we don’t do a RIP tour. We were invited to join one tonight, but we really don’t want to spend that long wandering around, and with all the nights we can go we can pick and choose which houses we like best and do them as often as we like……suits us perfectly. But, it was kind to be asked to join them.

When we declined the invite, someone very rudely interrupted and asked if they could join the tour instead when they weren’t invited…….rude. They were politely told no.

But, today…….Studios I think. Might not bother with HHN tonight and go out for a nice dinner instead. Tomorrow night we have a Haunted House tour offsite…….looking forward to that!

And we have Howl o Scream to look forward to, so many folks have been talking about going to that too.

Another gorgeous day ahead……..:sunny:

Main question so far, champagne with breakfast…..or not…..:rotfl:

Good Friday Morning Sans family.
6FE448F7-6CE3-44EE-B788-2BA741BC0609.jpeg

Another tip is to prick a hole in a capsule of a liquid Advil onto a q-tip and put that onto the tooth as well. It works as a numbing agent and relieves the pain. I hope you're able to get it fixed quickly.

I have never heard of that. Thats interesting. I will remember that for future reference. Thank you for sharing.

Well, well, well what have we here (after an extraordinarily quiet hurricane season)?:bitelip:

Weather always changes here in Florida. Let’s Just hope that weather system loses steam and changes its trajectory.

Met up with Robbie today in Hogsmeade, we had a lovely catch up and chat in the 3B’s……
It was nice surprise to run into you and Tom at the Three Broomsticks. I Enjoyed our chat. You are a lovely couple. Continue enjoying your celebrations.

Happy Birthday

A6336219-96C5-48C3-9219-85F0ACE6F959.jpeg

11C1988E-336F-4EF1-99D8-685FD1D324D7.jpeg

I ended up with pb&j sandwiches

Mac pb&j sandwiches are the best.

What a thunder storm tonight! We sat in the Club Lounge and watched the storm move in and boy was it a topper. Thought we might not make hhn tonight, but we waited till around 9pm and by then it was still raining but barely.

The storm had some wicked lightening too.

I ♥️ hhn
You are a trooper Mac.

By the time we all got there it was just a drizzle, so it was fine…..but……..my straightened hair didn’t like it…….. :rotfl:
I have had to give up on straighten hair during this visit.

Main question so far, champagne with breakfast…..or not…..:rotfl:
Champagne……Champagne………Champagne……its always a drink for celebrating with. Life should be a celebration so go for it everyday.

Sun is shining this morning. Thankfully after the rain storm yesterday evening.

Sister and I were pool divas yesterday. Sometimes it is just nice to chill by the pool.

We are supposed to get more rain later this afternoon so I’am going to get up and get out and enjoy some park time.

I have some shopping items to pick up for birthdays and Christmas. Might just get those done today.

Have a great Friday everyone.

We had a nice day yesterday. Rode Hagrid (90 posted, actual 51) such a fun ride, we were glad to get on it again after a few years. VC was offline even before the rain, so hopefully my DD will get her chance today. We are not early park people.
We had a great early dinner at Bigfire (just made our ressie time) and contemplated going back to IOA but the lightning over our hotel convinced us to head back under cover. We ended up at the Beachclub, had drinks and snacks and watched the deluge come down for a couple of hours before heading up to the room for showers. We are going with the flow and enjoying our first vacation in 3 years.

Quick good morning. Hope everyone is doing well. I am procrastinating. I need to be writing a research paper. The first draft is due on Thursday, but I want to have it finished before I leave for Atlanta.
Later today I need to make a quick trip to the mall. I had purchased several of the little pocket hand sanitizers from Bath and Body works last year, but now I can't find them. I like to keep one clipped to my purse in case I need it.

Okay, I need to focus now. This paper isn't going to write itself.

Happy belated birthday to Schumi.

Hate that Charade, I know I bought stuff, but can’t find it when I need it. Safe travels to see your mom.

Robo, pool relaxing days are always part of our vacations. Nice to hear having a fabulous time with your sister. I won’t be arriving until Sunday morning, but hope to chat with you another time.

What a beautiful looking day. Lunchtime walk will be with sunglasses and a hat.

And a bit shorter routine today, so yay for that. Need to start to cross off items on my list of what I need to do, and take, before I go. Will pull out the suitcase tomorrow, as nothing like a last minute packer like me. But if I forget anything, I fully expect to do a Target run and food stop before I check in, so will pick that up with the snacks and drinks I am getting at Target. I drink water in the parks, but like my soda and enjoy snacks while in my room.

Friday here. Woot!

It's Fun Day Friday :cheer2: Thank goodness

It's been a week here at work. I am glad it's Friday - and I have 2 days off. Sadly our provincial government has decided to not give an extra day off for the Queen's funeral. So off to work I will be on Monday. Federal workers get the day off :( Oh well.

Went out for supper last night with dh, bil and his gf. They are travelling to Newfoundland to visit her Dad. She was born and raised there. So they are on their yearly trip to visit. It was nice to not have to cook a meal.

Not much happening in our world for the weekend. It's an at home weekend - puttering and cleaning. I think I'm going to attempt to clean windows this weekend. It REALLY needs to be done :sad2: So this might be the weekend to get it done. Dh has been talking about getting a new mattress for our bed. It's time again. But they have change so much in the last 8 yrs. More research on those now.

Story time about Dumber today.

This silly dog. Got home from work last night, dogs are happy to see us...jumping, licking all the fun things they do. Ds who was home all day mentions that he noticed that dumber was hiding under our bed today :rolleyes2 ok...WTH is up with this dog :sad2: All of a sudden I see a fly flying around the living room...he takes off down the hall and into our room. This freaking dog is scared of any flying insect :rolleyes1 He got stung as a puppy and now is TERRIFIED of any insect flying around with wings and buzzes -flies, bees, wasps. So he would appear and disappear all evening. I come to bed...he's on the cuddling with dh. I get into bed, get comfy and just about ready to fall asleep and I hear it - the same fly I have been trying to hunt all night. Dumber jumps up, off the bed and under bed and won't come out. I woke up at 6:00 to him back on the bed, dh gone to work already. Geeze this dog. Once I kill it, we have to show him the fly is dead for him to calm down. :rotfl: This dog!!!!!!!!!! I tell ya!!!!!!!

Do any of you get tired of cooking?
It’s after 4 and no idea what I want to make for dinner..
Yup I do ::yes:: I find doing some basic meal planning for the week helps me immensely!!!! I hate coming at at 5:00 with no plan. I need to know what I'm making.
We had soup, and open faced turkey sandwiches, with lots of gravy, and with pickles and both french fries and onion rings that were air fried.
Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love a good soup! I am a soup/stew lover. Especially at this time of year or when the temps are cold. There is something about them that screams comfort,
So, we set off with Matt & Rob (@AussieBritTraveller ) and we got through a couple of houses together before we headed back. We had so much fun with those guys. We decided to do the 2 houses on the way out, they were fun! After the rain it was quite cool so it was pleasant and HHN wasn’t the busiest……rain clears folks out.
So Fun!!!!!
We had a nice day yesterday. Rode Hagrid (90 posted, actual 51) such a fun ride, we were glad to get on it again after a few years. VC was offline even before the rain, so hopefully my DD will get her chance today. We are not early park people.
We had a great early dinner at Bigfire (just made our ressie time) and contemplated going back to IOA but the lightning over our hotel convinced us to head back under cover. We ended up at the Beachclub, had drinks and snacks and watched the deluge come down for a couple of hours before heading up to the room for showers. We are going with the flow and enjoying our first vacation in 3 years.
Yay!!! That probably felt like the longest 3 yrs for you to be able to return! Enjoy!
I’m not even halfway through explaining the 10 steps of the medical billing cycle.
That sounds like soooooooo much fun :rolleyes1 ummmmm NOT :sad2: It sounds just as boring as watching paint dry! I know the relief about " those" types of classes once you are done. I want to see your happy dance when it's done!

Well...off to get this spreadsheet in shuffle more papers!

Have a great day everyone!

Good Friday Morning Sans family.
View attachment 702753

I have never heard of that. Thats interesting. I will remember that for future reference. Thank you for sharing.

Weather always changes here in Florida. Let’s Just hope that weather system loses steam and changes its trajectory.

It was nice surprise to run into you and Tom at the Three Broomsticks. I Enjoyed our chat. You are a lovely couple. Continue enjoying your celebrations.

Happy Birthday

View attachment 702756

View attachment 702768

Mac pb&j sandwiches are the best.

The storm had some wicked lightening too.

You are a trooper Mac.

I have had to give up on straighten hair during this visit.

Champagne……Champagne………Champagne……its always a drink for celebrating with. Life should be a celebration so go for it everyday.

Sun is shining this morning. Thankfully after the rain storm yesterday evening.

Sister and I were pool divas yesterday. Sometimes it is just nice to chill by the pool.

We are supposed to get more rain later this afternoon so I’am going to get up and get out and enjoy some park time.

I have some shopping items to pick up for birthdays and Christmas. Might just get those done today.

Have a great Friday everyone.

Thank you for the birthday wishes again Robbie…..yes, I agree Champagne is the perfect way to start the day……we are still celebrating, so why not!

Yes, hair has a mind of its own in this weather…….

Rain is smattering right now, heard a few rumbles but it’s coming.

Glad you’re having such a lovely vacation……yes, we don’t want to be in the park early either.

You made the right decision last night, what a storm that was!

Sounds like a much deserved vacation for you…….hope it’s perfect.

Quick good morning. Hope everyone is doing well. I am procrastinating. I need to be writing a research paper. The first draft is due on Thursday, but I want to have it finished before I leave for Atlanta.
Later today I need to make a quick trip to the mall. I had purchased several of the little pocket hand sanitizers from Bath and Body works last year, but now I can't find them. I like to keep one clipped to my purse in case I need it.

Okay, I need to focus now. This paper isn't going to write itself.

Happy belated birthday to Schumi.

Thank you Charade…….and hope you get the paper written.

I’m not even halfway through explaining the 10 steps of the medical billing cycle.
View attachment 702851
Must……keep……..writing………

lol…….

It's Fun Day Friday :cheer2: Thank goodness

It's been a week here at work. I am glad it's Friday - and I have 2 days off. Sadly our provincial government has decided to not give an extra day off for the Queen's funeral. So off to work I will be on Monday. Federal workers get the day off :( Oh well.

Went out for supper last night with dh, bil and his gf. They are travelling to Newfoundland to visit her Dad. She was born and raised there. So they are on their yearly trip to visit. It was nice to not have to cook a meal.

Not much happening in our world for the weekend. It's an at home weekend - puttering and cleaning. I think I'm going to attempt to clean windows this weekend. It REALLY needs to be done :sad2: So this might be the weekend to get it done. Dh has been talking about getting a new mattress for our bed. It's time again. But they have change so much in the last 8 yrs. More research on those now.

Story time about Dumber today.

This silly dog. Got home from work last night, dogs are happy to see us...jumping, licking all the fun things they do. Ds who was home all day mentions that he noticed that dumber was hiding under our bed today :rolleyes2 ok...WTH is up with this dog :sad2: All of a sudden I see a fly flying around the living room...he takes off down the hall and into our room. This freaking dog is scared of any flying insect :rolleyes1 He got stung as a puppy and now is TERRIFIED of any insect flying around with wings and buzzes -flies, bees, wasps. So he would appear and disappear all evening. I come to bed...he's on the cuddling with dh. I get into bed, get comfy and just about ready to fall asleep and I hear it - the same fly I have been trying to hunt all night. Dumber jumps up, off the bed and under bed and won't come out. I woke up at 6:00 to him back on the bed, dh gone to work already. Geeze this dog. Once I kill it, we have to show him the fly is dead for him to calm down. :rotfl: This dog!!!!!!!!!! I tell ya!!!!!!!

Yup I do ::yes:: I find doing some basic meal planning for the week helps me immensely!!!! I hate coming at at 5:00 with no plan. I need to know what I'm making.

Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love a good soup! I am a soup/stew lover. Especially at this time of year or when the temps are cold. There is something about them that screams comfort,

So Fun!!!!!

Yay!!! That probably felt like the longest 3 yrs for you to be able to return! Enjoy!

That sounds like soooooooo much fun :rolleyes1 ummmmm NOT :sad2: It sounds just as boring as watching paint dry! I know the relief about " those" types of classes once you are done. I want to see your happy dance when it's done!

Well...off to get this spreadsheet in shuffle more papers!

Have a great day everyone!

I’ll be up and watching it here of course. Not all of it, but it’s the right thing to do when I can.

Sounds like a fun pair of dogs…….. :rotfl:

Clouds are building again, not sure if we’re going to a storm as violent as last nights was, but the sky does look ominous.

Trying to decide where to go for dinner tonight, late lunch so will be a late dinner I think. We’ll get an Uber and head somewhere not too far. Giving HHN a miss tonight I think, might go Sunday.

Heading to lounge soon for our evening glass of bubbly……..still haven’t managed a pool night yet……..

What a thunder storm tonight! We sat in the Club Lounge and watched the storm move in and boy was it a topper. Thought we might not make hhn tonight, but we waited till around 9pm and by then it was still raining but barely.
Yes I got caught in that rain yesterday lol. So wet. Showered and decided I’d try to wait out rain and go hit HHN-fell asleep instead. Oh well guess I needed it. Caught in rain this afternoon too waiting on Hagrids. But interesting time in line talking to two (very good looking) young private pilots. Got some great advice for my daughter at UCF who wants to be a pilot (shes working on her aerospace engineer degree). He’s from a navy family and is thinking of going for a commission to fly fighter jets with Navy.
Kiddo and her roommate at HHN right now-I’m waiting a couple hours til rain let’s up them will head over…

Happy Friday!

That must’ve been some rain yesterday. Had warning come on phone early yesterday am there was a ground stop until almost 5 pm!

Proud mom post😉. Will get recognized at the Steelers game this Sunday & a nice donation to his team fund
FBA06A1B-04BB-4698-B410-93C4AFD341AE.jpeg
Hopefully older ds doesn't have trouble with his asthma with the smoke. I better make sure he has a couple of inhalers ready to go. Even at almost 22, I gotta keep on top of him for that.
Indeed you do! I started to wheeze today when opening Rubbermaid bins full of outdoor Halloween decorations.
didn't get any tickets. There were no general seats available - only the Platinum or lower tiered pricier tickets. No general eating was available.
Aw crap. I snagged front row in non floor section. Mr is thrilled as we are usually in nosebleed section. The promo code had seats slightly discounted. I almost fell over.
With my luck, there would be the crappy hurricane weather when we would plan to go. I'm crossing my fingers for you that it doesn't happen!!!!
You just have to make the best of it. It was scary heading up to U from WDW the afternoon everything shut down.

So much debris on road, was slow going at times. We did wind up with 4 flats when we finally were allowed to go out of RP to inspect car. Alamo wound up picking us up a few days later & drove us to a place on international drive where we were lucky to find a replacement

Never saw so many dogs in a hotel lobby. From what I gathered talking to many, Loews being pet friendly, is the local’s hotels of choice to book a room & ride out a storm.

Loews set up a buffet, workers slept on cots to take care of the guests (thank you!) and convention space turned into game rooms with lots of free activities.

Wasn’t the trip we expected but, sure was an adventure! That said, hope it was a one & done

After the rain it was quite cool so it was pleasant and HHN wasn’t the busiest……rain clears folks out.
Indeed, a real silver lining there
Aaaah
I had purchased several of the little pocket hand sanitizers from Bath and Body works last year, but now I can't find them. I like to keep one clipped to my purse in case I need it.
They smell the best of any I’ve tried.
Once I kill it, we have to show him the fly is dead for him to calm down. :rotfl: This dog!!!!!!!!!! I tell ya!!!!!!!
I wonder if it’s the sound putting him off?

Woot! Yay for Keisha’s one offspring.

Perfect Friday night. Tea and screens.
#2 FS his defensive coach. They’re up against 3rd ranked & last year’s state champs tonight. Tied up at the half.

all 3 DS are (generally:rolleyes1) putting forth their best efforts. combine it with good health and happiness…who could ask for anything more?

LoTR new episode out tonight. IMO it’s widely missing the mark, is visually appealing if fan of books

Quiet Friday night. Going to watch the new Thor on Disney+. The weather has turned and is cooling significantly with dark clouds looming. Seems we have a night and day of rain coming. For now my lap is full. Dumb is the grey one Dumber is the black one
PXL_20220917_011947567.jpg

Have a great evening everyone!!!!

Gotta get some popcorn and maybe a beverage for movie watching

Quiet Friday night. Going to watch the new Thor on Disney+. The weather has turned and is cooling significantly with dark clouds looming. Seems we have a night and day of rain coming. For now my lap is full. Dumb is the grey one Dumber is the black one
View attachment 703013

Have a great evening everyone!!!!

Gotta get some popcorn and maybe a beverage for movie watching
You look comfortable …

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter