Something About Nothing............ #14

Well well....quiet last night on here......and today....wonder why......:rolleyes1

Gorgeous and busy day here again, bit breezy but warm. We decided last minute this morning to head inland to a large park for our walk this morning, didn`t walk as far as usual, but lovely morning all the same. Then popped into see a friend who lives over that way and had some lunch with them before heading home, much later than we thought.

Doing Charcuterie for dinner tonight with some seafood in there too.....scallops, langoustines and smoked salmon to go alongside the continental meats, olives and stuffed cherry peppers. Going to make some rosemary and garlic focaccia this afternoon to go with it.....lush.

No real plans except to get some laundry ironed and put away and maybe watch a movie tonight with some wine or might make sangria again. But, enjoying this sunshine and heat a lot......

i-skrTfRR-S.jpg

i-D7pL32M-S.gif

cv7-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Saturday ☺️

Keisha I’ll answer the sloth signal esp if there’s bubbly! Went for a long paddle this morning. And I hadn’t been out in a few weeks :crazy2: so feeling it now! '

I knew this would happen. Went from cold rainy 60’s to hot sunshine. The weather app says 75 but my garden thermometer says 90!

It’s so hard to say these days how you’re hacked. Cyber crime is so scary. When Target was here it was hacked. Glad I didn’t have an acct. Our school district was hacked…on it goes.
I freaked out last week when my online banking said i coukd finish setting up new acct :scared:
what new acct? I went straight into bank. Turns out it was just my Costco card. Was a different company but they switched (again) and now it’s with my bank.

Yes we do have done challenging names here! Semiahmoo is a good one! Pronounced
Semi-ya-moo

Now I know there’s a reason I go get my nails done! I sure made a mess of it!

Pumpkin my daughters bought me the Dip kit! My manicurist does it for me and comes out really nice! And perfect for weak peeling nails. Makes them really strong. And lasts a long time. Usually my nails start growing out but mani still good! I have her do a sorta French mani but it’s more ombré instead of a distinct line.
But the dip was really hard for me to do myself. I’m just glad I did a pale pink so not as noticeable that I did a hack job!

Lynne breakfast sounded good. I had to wait till afte paddling to have breakfast. And was ravenous when I got home.

Charade glad to hear your mom went into rehab. My mom had to have physio in rehab too. It helped the first go around. Second time around her Alzheimer’s progressed and when she got out she refused to keep doing it.

Of to brother in law’s soon for dinner!
Can’t believe in a month it’s time to head to Universal!

Hey all, wound up to be an interestingly unexpected sort of day. Wound up having GD pop over this am. Her Dad has his annual charity golf outing, it was forecast into the low 90’s. Decided she’d rather swim…smart cookie.

speaking of cookies, she asked, yet again, to make oatmeal raisin ones. Not my favorite, had promised. Thankfully got them done before it got too warm in the kitchen. Will wind up portioning them into freezer bags so she can munch on them when she visits.

i wound up being summoned to the outing with the mr & GD, no golf for me, just schmoozing. Was fun even tho I was content at idea of chilling at home.

sometimes you just have to get out of your comfort zone

Our lint remover is inside the dryer, and have taught both kids to clear out before use.
Our new one is off to the side on the top…no excuses to forget it. Think it smart Design. Check it every single time, like clockwork. hope it’s not a design flaw that the duct was so clogged.

the mr checks the duct every few months, he’s still of the mind there had to be some sort of kink in the flexible tube. Trust me, he will be checking it at least biweekly for the next few months now
Had a good chin waggle with my nail lady
Haha that is an interesting phrase. Don’t think I’ve heard it before, sure is descriptive tho
But you would think with a new installation, it would have been done correctly
Indeed! Guessing, either inexperienced or just plain rushed perhaps?
I know others who have had to deal with that also. It is not an easy path to get everything back in order again.
IMO it should be a federal law that a step-by-step to-do list be provided to those by the financial institution. Even a link to a comprehensive website would be helpful Vs trying to cobble a plan yourself.

Thot i had crossed off most of the agencies to contact, surprised there were also various government related clearing houses out there. More watchdogs the merrier I suppose, woof.
I'm almost packed and ready to head out of town.
Have the bestest time!
I did bake a little and made breakfast muffins for tomorrow morning,
i’m glad i left a few of the cookies out of the freezer :). Thinking bacon & sunny-side eggs will be on the menu.

i do enjoy a good bowl of soup, can’t stomach the idea in the AM. when cruising did observe many Asian folk enjoying it. Not to mention the Brits eating baked beans. Again, love me some beans, just not at 7 am, especially with A hard boiled egg. To each their own! Some day again one of those over-the-top breakfast buffets waits lol

Yeah, well Keisha, you serve what little one likes to eat for breakfast, and so soup it usually is. Not for me, I don’t find it better than my egg dishes, but I actually had another parent try to shame me for serving soup for breakfast one time, when little one was in elementary school.. I said it’s healthy and she has a hot meal, and none of your concern. It is chicken noodle soup, so meat, and carbs. Was perfect for food before getting to school for her.

Fading fast. Was a hot day, and will be even hotter tomorrow. Time to stay in the AC.

Hope all have a good night. Leaving that night light on:

7BC5419B-B290-4414-9FBD-A8AAEF1D3FBE.jpeg

Little one picked up the last Dino night light one at the big box store, as was marked down, I guess the clear them out. Was the cutest of the bunch.

Hey all, wound up to be an interestingly unexpected sort of day. Wound up having GD pop over this am. Her Dad has his annual charity golf outing, it was forecast into the low 90’s. Decided she’d rather swim…smart cookie.

speaking of cookies, she asked, yet again, to make oatmeal raisin ones. Not my favorite, had promised. Thankfully got them done before it got too warm in the kitchen. Will wind up portioning them into freezer bags so she can munch on them when she visits.

i wound up being summoned to the outing with the mr & GD, no golf for me, just schmoozing. Was fun even tho I was content at idea of chilling at home.

sometimes you just have to get out of your comfort zone

Our new one is off to the side on the top…no excuses to forget it. Think it smart Design. Check it every single time, like clockwork. hope it’s not a design flaw that the duct was so clogged.

the mr checks the duct every few months, he’s still of the mind there had to be some sort of kink in the flexible tube. Trust me, he will be checking it at least biweekly for the next few months now

Haha that is an interesting phrase. Don’t think I’ve heard it before, sure is descriptive tho

Indeed! Guessing, either inexperienced or just plain rushed perhaps?

IMO it should be a federal law that a step-by-step to-do list be provided to those by the financial institution. Even a link to a comprehensive website would be helpful Vs trying to cobble a plan yourself.

Thot i had crossed off most of the agencies to contact, surprised there were also various government related clearing houses out there. More watchdogs the merrier I suppose, woof.

Have the bestest time!

i’m glad i left a few of the cookies out of the freezer :). Thinking bacon & sunny-side eggs will be on the menu.

i do enjoy a good bowl of soup, can’t stomach the idea in the AM. when cruising did observe many Asian folk enjoying it. Not to mention the Brits eating baked beans. Again, love me some beans, just not at 7 am, especially with A hard boiled egg. To each their own! Some day again one of those over-the-top breakfast buffets waits lol

Your GD is indeed a smart cookie......pool over golf anytime!

Bleurgh.....beans we NEVER eat, but beans or soup for breakfast is plain gross! Yes, here in the UK if you`re in a B&B or similar small hotels, breakfast is usually served to you on one plate and beans (yuk) are part of that tradition.....hotels and lounges now tend to be buffet style now, but there`s usually a vat of baked beans for folks to eat. Not for us, gross. The buffet in the Airport lounge and Radisson all still had them with the cooked items.

Now 2 well cooked sunny side up eggs are one of the things Tom loves with bacon.....but, I`m not a fan of slopping food on a plate and calling it breakfast, although some folks idea of cooking is strange anyway.....

I have seen Asian folks having miso soup for breakfast in America, no meat in that, just freshly made......but that`s a dinner appetiser dish for us, would never have soup for breakfast!

I do enjoy those breakfast buffets in RP/SF.....those little sausages are heavenly and Tom and I could eat our body weight in them!! Along with maple syrup and pancakes of course...... ::yes::

Not long till your trip........:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Late night last night.....with sangria! So, had a lovely late sleep this morning which was fabulous!!

Got a friend popping in for a quick lunch today, she`s asked for something healthy....so going to make rice paper wrapped hoisin chicken spring rolls. Filled with beansprouts, Chinese leaf shredded, shredded carrot, green onions, red hot chillies and the hoisin chicken.....will do a salad and some dips, going to make them later.

Still to decide what`s for dinner tonight.......

Then not much going on today......need to get next book group meet organised. And it`s hot, sunny and very breezy day so no sitting out unless wind dies down later this afternoon. I do have some jobs that need doing so will get on with them this morning. Good drying day for washing......yep, the high life again!!

Time for another pot of tea......can`t beat it!

i-qBTNS4Z-S.gif

i-n85QTXQ-S.gif

cv62-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Sunday........:cheer2:

Sunny Sunday here. And end of our hot and very much Summer like weather, with hot and humid, 91 again the high, and with feel like temps about 5 degrees higher.

Yesterday, we did enjoy some time outside, after little one finally got moving around lunchtime. Went to a neighbor township park. We were not the only ones, but was nice to enjoy shaded parts with the paved walk through the wooded areas. People walk and bike on that walkway, and all seemed respectful of not getting to close to you. After that, was so hot feeling, enjoyed a big cup of iced coffee with our Caesar Salad wraps we made for lunch. When it’s hot out like that, I’m not in the mood for eating heavy. And hehe, we mostly enjoyed milkshakes for dinner.

Today, is that back to routine get ready, last of the rest days until this Friday. Meaning, quiet house, with some hot tea, and the remote. Besides most Saturday not much new, mostly reruns, Sunday morning is no better. So every so often, switch to see what else is interesting.

Older one is off today, as had switched with another coworker who wanted the other day off, so older one said, I can switch my time, and so, a generally rare Sunday off for him. He tends to be up before little one, and if he’s up early enough, he enjoys breakfast out. So, just made a small cup of oatmeal, with cut up strawberries, as strawberries were on sale last week. Then, will ask if older one wants to enjoy breakfast out, before little one gets up. He likes both, my breakfasts and restaurant ones. Many restaurants today, will have that Sunday brunch menu, with sandwiches and salads, with the traditional breakfast foods and are not European style. We shall see.

Then just relaxing in our AC running home. With trash to be at the curb, after dinner, as will be hearing those trash cans being rolled to the curb by dinner time, so ours are some of the last to be put out there. And alarm already set. With a shorter week for me, and the holiday Monday next week, I fully expect many to be on vacation leave this week, so should be much more quiet by Wednesday, for those that take just a fewer day off, are gone until the following Tuesday. If the weather stays as nice as this weekend, next weekend, many will head to the shore, or mountains, as both are only about and hour and a half hours or less drive away. Us this coming weekend? Most likely getting together with family. My oldest brother and wife will be coming in, as they live in another state. He used to come every 4th of July, then Christmas time, but when his daughter settled in CA, he changed to Thanksgiving. But as both are now retired, we tend to see them only once a year. He spends over a month visiting his CA kid, as where she lives is much warmer than where he lives, and stays from mid December until end of January. Nice, because where she lives, and she’s a school teacher, her school year gets a month off for Christmas, so she can enjoy being with her parents, and not be working much when they come to stay. See many of the kids join their families that go back to their country for Christmas time, as the school year follows the vegetable and fruit fields’ workers schedule.

So enjoy some tea or coffee today, and if ever in that sweaty hot weather, be like Keisha’s GD, and pool time is certainly acceptable.

Super serene Sunday homies. Relax. And don’t forget that suntan lotion. Yep, when this sunny weather is around, the Earth is tilting, giving us stronger sunshine now. I definitely need that suntan lotion. As almost jealous, little one is already getting that dark tan. Sigh. But I’m a lizard though, as I still like the hot. So, lotion on, hair tied up, hat on, lightweight shorts on, and spending lots of time in the AC and shade. Hehe, my look this very sunny Sunday.

good sunday all!

that is a cute Dino. I an attempt to pare down our electric bill earlier this year, put those rechargeable little light sticks that are motion activated in many of our dark nooks & crannies here. has made more of a dent in it than expected, win :)

lynne that is one cute dino, unlike the Jurassic park ones. I did find myself doing some head scratching on that recent movie...i refer to it as Dino-Bourne for the chase scenes.:rolleyes1

To walk (the track) or not to walk…that is the question
589C0649-1218-4FF5-BB1E-7FDE536F5510.jpeg

If i had a dollar every time I’ve heard a variation of this before a trip…

255E619A-FA4A-4A08-AABD-4780F01BA74D.jpeg
Um, that’s good? Lol

Had planned on a light meal, one of my boys has decided to stop for dinner Tonight, had planned on some sort of light meal that wouldn’t appeal for just the two of us. Hard right, either a run to grocery on a Sunday
:scared: Or it’s freezer roulette time again.

Haha, freezer roulette, Keisha. I play that game, with usually turned up noses from the kids. Hope your meal is tasty, whatever option you choose. Yep, light foods are needed. DH asked if kids and I want to visit my MIL. Said we could, and will be picking up a pizza from the pizza place down the street from her. No need to bring a packed lunch with me, making the kitchen hot feeling. Thinking of picking up some steaks on the way home, grilling ls the go to for dinner tonight.

:rotfl:

good sunday all!

that is a cute Dino. I an attempt to pare down our electric bill earlier this year, put those rechargeable little light sticks that are motion activated in many of our dark nooks & crannies here. has made more of a dent in it than expected, win :)

lynne that is one cute dino, unlike the Jurassic park ones. I did find myself doing some head scratching on that recent movie...i refer to it as Dino-Bourne for the chase scenes.:rolleyes1

To walk (the track) or not to walk…that is the question
View attachment 679345

If i had a dollar every time I’ve heard a variation of this before a trip…

View attachment 679346
Um, that’s good? Lol

Had planned on a light meal, one of my boys has decided to stop for dinner Tonight, had planned on some sort of light meal that wouldn’t appeal for just the two of us. Hard right, either a run to grocery on a Sunday
:scared: Or it’s freezer roulette time again.

lol.....I remember being on a bus on a mountain like that in Spain.....jeez...no-one was praying to God.....we were all praying to the bus driver to make it round those bends!!! Horrible journey.........worst part was, the village we were going to visit wasn`t worth it...........lol........

You`ll do them a treat I`m sure......it`s nice they can drop in like that!

Decided on chicken picatta for dinner tonight......for me, Tom is having bbq pork....don`t often do double dishes, but I have lemons and capers and Tom doesn`t like lemon dishes........works all round.

Warm afternoon and friend has gone after a lovely lunch. It was light and healthy but so tasty too.

Still breezy so no sitting out but all the doors and windows are open.....time for some more tea I think 😁

Schumi I’ll have some of that lemon/caper dish, yum! But a hard no on sunny side up eggs!

Lynne we have same trash day but we aren’t allowed to put bins out till early morning Monday. Because of Bears.
New poster looks like ad spam to me too. Ugh

Keisha that expression chin waggle is used here, maybe a Canadian thing?

Another brilliant day here. Heading out to meet old work friends in Surrey. A bit of a drive but not awful. About 30min over bridge on freeway.
Dinner last night was delicious!

Schumi I’ll have some of that lemon/caper dish, yum! But a hard no on sunny side up eggs!

Lynne we have same trash day but we aren’t allowed to put bins out till early morning Monday. Because of Bears.
New poster looks like ad spam to me too. Ugh

Keisha that expression chin waggle is used here, maybe a Canadian thing?

Another brilliant day here. Heading out to meet old work friends in Surrey. A bit of a drive but not awful. About 30min over bridge on freeway.
Dinner last night was delicious!

lol.....me neither with the eggs Sue......not a meal for me. The chicken picatta dish is lush though! Sadly Tom doesn`t likes it......all for me!

Yep, Chin Wag is very much a UK saying too.......I think Canadians and Brits have quite a lot in common vocabulary wise.

We`re advised not to put bins out till the day they get collected, but for aesthetic reasons.....no bears around here thankfully! Everyone hates trash bins that are left at the front of homes. I`m all for it. It`s a strange thing to think about not putting them out for wildlife reasons.....worst we have is foxes really and they tend not to bother anyone much.

Enjoy your drive out with friends.....

Talking of wildlife, had a huge owl flying around us this afternoon. We do see owls a lot but this one was massive. Very beautiful too, seemed quite happy to sit on the wall and just observe what was going on around him.....not much.

Had another bird fly into one of our windows just after we closed them over, we have a lot of glass.....poor thing wasn`t dead but couldn`t move. We left it alone and slowly but steadily it got itself on it`s tiny little legs, then another 10 minutes later it seemed to pull itself up a little, then about 10 minutes after that it was gone......didn`t see it fly away so hoping something else didn`t get it. Makes one heck of a thud as it bangs in to them though.

Warm, cloudy and still very breezy here.......hoping it slows down to walk in the morning, but looks breezy till the end of the week.

Almost time to start dinner here.

Aw, sadly, we get birds fly into our windows, sometimes, Schumi. Once in great while we find them dead. Little one says a bird keeps knocking on her window, guess hoping to see a princess, lol. We try to hang things in the windows to stop the mirror effect.

Pizza was good, MIL is doing well, thankfully.

Ooh, May be doing a grocery stop. Older one likes the one grocery store near us.

Almost bedtime for us.....wind has died down so hopefully will still be like that in the morning for our walking along the seafront. If it`s breezy it feels ten times worse along the open seafront.

Still so light right now.......I do like these light nights, although we lighting all round outside, there`s something rather nice just the two of sitting out in the garden or gazebo at 10pm with a glass of wine, it`s warm and still almost like daylight.

That owl is still hovering around........will be heading in soon I think.

Been another lovely weekend.......:sunny:

Thanks Schumi. It’s always nice to get together with them. And a beautiful sunny day.

Yes, bears are a problem here so trash bins not allowed out except for pick up day. I’m happy with that as I don’t like the look of the bins out all the time either.

We do have owls here, but I haven’t been lucky enough to see one. Lots of eagles though. Have to watch our small dog. There was a video on news hour of a Yorkie an eagle was trying to grab. Thankfully eagle wasn’t successful!

Yes, I think Canada and England have alot in common too.

Ugh, we can’t open out dining room window, screen fell out and bent so last time I had it open a little bird flew in so I had to try to catch it poor thing. I was finally able to throw a towel over it and get it back outside.
We have huge picture window in living room and coupled with being on a hillside birds tend to fly into it. So now I keep shears closed, seems to work.

I may have switched my Aug PB res to RP. Always checking AP rates and RP just dropped. Still more than I’ve ever paid but saves $500. And this daughter hasn’t been to RP yet. Only PB. Youngest has been to both with me. Left message for TA to switch me.

I took water view. I think the T3 that gets theme park views? Last time I was in T1 and my friend had water view cross hall from me. I wasn’t impressed with her view of pool, more like palm tree view. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yay Sue. I have never seen AP rates for my August trip, and both that and my Sept. trips are not only not at an AP rate, but highest I’ve paid in years. We have stayed in all three, and SF. We liked all our stays. I tend to be at RP the most, mainly due to they tend to be the lowest cost of the three.

Ugh, a Monday is here. And so is the rain. Saying a flooding watch issued for the next 24 hours, as thunderstorms and heavy rain to fall throughout the day. I swear I heard some rain in the wee hours, but just cloudy out now. Still very warm, as only went into the mid 60’s last night. Also swear I heard the AC on, as heard it go off right around when my alarm went off. Though no heat hot feeling day, as 80 degrees is the high. We are already at 73 now. So, a stormy Monday. Kinda fitting.

So, with our weather report, tea being enjoyed, that early screen viewing, and a Marvelous Monday wish to you all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter