Something About Nothing............ #14

I’m with Schumi, my teapot stays on my stove.

We don`t have teapots on stoves.

Not sure what the tea would be like if you left it on the heat for hours.

Our tea is made with boiling an electric kettle and an individual pot is made each time and the pot is set on the table of whatever room we`re having tea in......it would be horribly brewed if you leave it on heat for any length of time.

Pumpkin......hope you feel better soon, migraines are not fun and hang around afterwards......and yes, cold is cold......

Love honey mustard chicken......delicious, glad your meal out was good.

lol....I haven`t named my Aga anything......it`s just an Aga.......

So, lovely day here....not weather wise I have to say. But, had a lovely time reading to the little ones, they loved it. And it will be a regular thing again I think. And I could choose my own stories.

Then, didn`t go walking as it was so cold, so did some shopping and had a nice rest of the day inside.......

But.........we did book our flights for our Christmas trip this year..........:cheer2:

i-C4pR3nW-S.gif

So, we`re happy with that........and always have a bottle of sparkly when we book a flight........I`ll never be skinny!!! But, life is for celebrating.........🥂

lol....I haven`t named my Aga anything......it`s just an Aga.......
Bahahahaha :rotfl: That's it. I couldn't remember!!!!!

Yay on the Christmas flights!!!!! That is exciting. :woohoo:

I hear you on not walking outside when it's cold. Hence the gym membership for me for the winter so that I can keep walking. I haven't even went this week. It was just sooo cold. Dh wanted us home and not out bopping around the city. We have to strategically place the vehicles so that those who work early can get out of the driveway first...and vehicles needed to be plugged in as well this week. I already told dh I'm heading out right after supper if he wants to join me ;) I am thinking he may not be prepared for how much walking we might be doing on our few park days I have planned.

I hear you on not walking outside when it's cold. Hence the gym membership for me for the winter so that I can keep walking. I haven't even went this week. It was just sooo cold. Dh wanted us home and not out bopping around the city. We have to strategically place the vehicles so that those who work early can get out of the driveway first...and vehicles needed to be plugged in as well this week. I already told dh I'm heading out right after supper if he wants to join me ;) I am thinking he may not be prepared for how much walking we might be doing on our few park days I have planned.
I understand about rearranging of cars. We have a 3 car garage. It's only 2 wide, but one of the bays is 2 deep. We keep most cars in the garage. If I want to get the car that's the deepest in the garage, then DH has to pull his car out of the garage and there can't be anything, usually the pick up, behind his in the driveway. If I want to pull out the Vespa/scooter, then I have to have one of the cars out of the garage. We keep 3 cars and the scooter in the garage. However, we have a metal building/garage outside of town, where we keep 2 cars, usually the pick up, and one of DH's race cars (not street legal). Once DS gets his license and starts driving daily, he will probably have to keep it in the driveway, so that I can get a car out. We have a Tesla on order too to give me a car once DS takes my current car. We will have to put it in the garage in order to plug it in. It wasn't as big of a deal before covid, but DH works from home a lot more now and blocks the garage with his car. How dare he :rotfl2: To be honest, it's not just his fault. Two of the cars and the scooter are mine.

I began to wonder if I had called it Agatha....:rotfl:

Thank you, we`re excited to get those flights booked......

Yes, too cold right now, I think we may hold off till it warms up slightly and we don`t have that damp cold wind all around us, although the East Coast for me never feels completely warm ever.......but like you, if we get the chance we`ll do it.

Ironically we have room for a lot of cars and a huge length of driveway, but we`re down to 2 cars. Tom and I are together constantly. And if I go to meet girlfriends for the day he happily stays home and watches sci fi movies all day.....lol.....win win.......for the longest time my car sat and never moved for months on end....complete waste.

I will not have an electric vehicle.......told him I`ll fight it as long as I can, no interest in them at all. Petrol or diesel for us......I`m not very green I`m afraid......:duck:Plus we don`t have the infrastructure in this country for too many of them. We`d be screwed if everyone went out and bought one tomorrow......

Dinner was delish......got some lovely fresh fish this morning so made a beautiful fish pie......salmon, cod loin, smoked haddock and shrimp all cooked nicely. I never add frozen peas the way many do as I don`t like peas but always use leeks in the sauce......very winter warming dish with creamy riced potatoes on top with a smidging of grated cheese and a sprinkle of parsley.

No room for anything else tonight.

Lazy night ahead for us........

I understand about rearranging of cars. We have a 3 car garage. It's only 2 wide, but one of the bays is 2 deep. We keep most cars in the garage. If I want to get the car that's the deepest in the garage, then DH has to pull his car out of the garage and there can't be anything, usually the pick up, behind his in the driveway. If I want to pull out the Vespa/scooter, then I have to have one of the cars out of the garage. We keep 3 cars and the scooter in the garage. However, we have a metal building/garage outside of town, where we keep 2 cars, usually the pick up, and one of DH's race cars (not street legal). Once DS gets his license and starts driving daily, he will probably have to keep it in the driveway, so that I can get a car out. We have a Tesla on order too to give me a car once DS takes my current car. We will have to put it in the garage in order to plug it in. It wasn't as big of a deal before covid, but DH works from home a lot more now and blocks the garage with his car. How dare he :rotfl2: To be honest, it's not just his fault. Two of the cars and the scooter are mine.
We don't have a garage - unfortunately. But between 4 drivers (who all have a vehcile) plus 1-2 work/company vehicles that are driven and parked...we have a few vehicles to sort lol. I'm sure our neighbors shake their heads.
I will not have an electric vehicle.......told him I`ll fight it as long as I can, no interest in them at all. Petrol or diesel for us......I`m not very green I`m afraid......:duck:Plus we don`t have the infrastructure in this country for too many of them. We`d be screwed if everyone went out and bought one tomorrow......
No electric vehicles for us!!! We have to plug them in for the block heaters which warm up the engine and keep the battery charged. Or else in the dead cold of winter ( the nasty -40 cr@p we get) vehicles don't start.

The infastructure in north America is also the same for electric cars!!! And all those activists who are pushing for it, have zero idea that our electric grid can't and won't keep up. It will be interesting to see what happens when it starts to get noticed ;)

As well as for electric cars....they don't work well here in our harsh winters. AND...it would take us 2 days to drive the 500 km's to the city to visit the kids....because we would have to charge half way through the trip. No thank you!!!!! For just driving in the city - it would be perfect. But I can't afford to have a vehicle just sitting that will only be driven for 4-5 months of the year :rolleyes1 lol

We don't have a garage - unfortunately. But between 4 drivers (who all have a vehcile) plus 1-2 work/company vehicles that are driven and parked...we have a few vehicles to sort lol. I'm sure our neighbors shake their heads.

No electric vehicles for us!!! We have to plug them in for the block heaters which warm up the engine and keep the battery charged. Or else in the dead cold of winter ( the nasty -40 cr@p we get) vehicles don't start.

The infastructure in north America is also the same for electric cars!!! And all those activists who are pushing for it, have zero idea that our electric grid can't and won't keep up. It will be interesting to see what happens when it starts to get noticed ;)

As well as for electric cars....they don't work well here in our harsh winters. AND...it would take us 2 days to drive the 500 km's to the city to visit the kids....because we would have to charge half way through the trip. No thank you!!!!! For just driving in the city - it would be perfect. But I can't afford to have a vehicle just sitting that will only be driven for 4-5 months of the year :rolleyes1 lol

Ah gotcha......I honestly cannot imagine that kind of cold. Genuinely, the coldest I ever felt was in Norway years back.....we went for the Northern Lights and never saw them as I think it was too darn cold even for them!!!

But, it was -20C.....no idea what that is in Farenheit.......Scotland has had -25C but not where we lived, close though.....I was hibernating that year.....lol......

Yes, the distance thing is one of the reasons I don`t want one, as well as other reasons too. Don`t want to be worrying about whether we`ll make it or not. Where my mum lives and surrounding areas have zero electric charging stations....not going to work. Yes, I wonder when it`ll dawn on the powers that be this isn`t going to work.

I began to wonder if I had called it Agatha....:rotfl:

Love Agatha!

DH has been working on some of the driver assist on the Model S Plaid, so he wants something he worked on. We will have the extended range which would help. It would only be for around town. We would still have petrol for longer distance. It's kind of like my scooter; I can only so far on it. I try to be environmental, but I love cars. I think the 3 BMWs, a supercharged Mini, a Ferrari, and a pickup can't balance out 1 electric car though. It will moreso feel like a toy or novelty.

I can't imagine not parking my car in a garage. Did it before we had a house, and I didn't like it one bit. The extreme cold really hits batteries hard. I believe they have to plug warm cars in Norway too. At least, I think that's what my BIL said when he lived there.

Ugh! Electric infrastructure. We are unfortunately all too familiar with its failings here in Texas. DH said he heard freezing rain hitting the house window, but I don't see any. I hope and pray that we done lose power and water like last year :(

Just got preferred seating tickets for the Disney D23 Expo in Anaheim in September!!! It provides reserved seating so that you don't have to camp out overnight for the panels. Two friends are doing general admission, but another is doing preferred with me. It was a very limited quantity.

Well, so much for our snow total being the 3 inches they said this morning. We got a snow shower, but nothing white, only all looks wet still from the rain we got. But that arctic air is starting to lower the temp. Now below freezing. And a partly cloudy sky.

For some reason, highly thinking of ordering Chinese for dinner tonight. Feel like not cooking. Will see family’s thoughts as we get closer to dinner time.

Yay for Schumi to already face her December flights done. And yay for Son getting that D23 tickets bought already too.

Twah, and agrew, no interest in electric cars. For now, there’s not many places you can charge, and if want to charge at home, costs quite the outlay of money for a home charger on top of car price.

Sigh, more tea for me. And no, my teapot is of metal, and sits washed, on my stove, as it’s cute. I get DH or me to fill it up, light the burner, to heat up the water, almost every morning.

Love Agatha!

DH has been working on some of the driver assist on the Model S Plaid, so he wants something he worked on. We will have the extended range which would help. It would only be for around town. We would still have petrol for longer distance. It's kind of like my scooter; I can only so far on it. I try to be environmental, but I love cars. I think the 3 BMWs, a supercharged Mini, a Ferrari, and a pickup can't balance out 1 electric car though. It will moreso feel like a toy or novelty.

I can't imagine not parking my car in a garage. Did it before we had a house, and I didn't like it one bit. The extreme cold really hits batteries hard. I believe they have to plug warm cars in Norway too. At least, I think that's what my BIL said when he lived there.

Ugh! Electric infrastructure. We are unfortunately all too familiar with its failings here in Texas. DH said he heard freezing rain hitting the house window, but I don't see any. I hope and pray that we done lose power and water like last year :(

Just got preferred seating tickets for the Disney D23 Expo in Anaheim in September!!! It provides reserved seating so that you don't have to camp out overnight for the panels. Two friends are doing general admission, but another is doing preferred with me. It was a very limited quantity.

Yes, they are quite toy like I guess.

We always have our cars in garages, I think at one point we were the only ones of all our friends to actually use our garages.......

Congrats on the tickets.....

And no, my teapot is of metal, and sits washed, on my stove, as it’s cute. I get DH or me to fill it up, light the burner, to heat up the water, almost every morning.

Still a very odd concept to make tea that way for us. Metal teapot....sounds like a kettle, usually equated to industrial tea urns here. My teapots are all china or similar. We do make tea very different.

So, we did have a glass of sparkly or two......was very nice.

One of my friends in response to me sending her the depressing Philadelphia streets video that upset her so much (she`s in social care) ......she sent me the pop video from Lewis Capaldi called Someone You Loved.....but it`s the video with Peter Capaldi ( another Scottish Dr Who ) in it who is one of his relatives....oh my lord......what a tear jerker that was!!! Not quite sure why I`ve never seen it before.

It`s funny how you start watching one youtube video and bang 2 hours have passed.......

She did get her own back........ ::yes::

Just a quick stop in to say hi. I am on stage one of my prep for tomorrow, so naturally I am quite miserable. Hoping that I will sleep well tonight.
Good luck. Hope it goes well. That reminds me that DH and I need to schedule colonoscopies soon :(

Hope you get a good nights sleep, Cgaeade. Hope all goes well with your procedure.

And all I can say is:
CE19629A-9F70-42A1-9439-AB80878D311B.jpeg

Thsnk goodness!

Oh and yes, Schumi, what I call my teapot is really a kettle. I do have a fancy china teapot my mom gave me, but I tend to just pour the hot water into my mug and have a spoon that holds the tea leaves, and that’s how I usually have my tea made, particularly in the mornings. I’ve seen those electric kettles, but for whatever reason, never had one.

Full from that Chinese food. The place we use has never made me sick, and we all enjoy the way they make their food. If there are leftovers, one of the few items we don’t mind having, and eating the next day. But since DH is coming home late, and older one came home after little one and I ate, there may not be any leftovers.

Just a quick stop in to say hi. I am on stage one of my prep for tomorrow, so naturally I am quite miserable. Hoping that I will sleep well tonight.

Good luck today Charade.....hope it goes well for you, and hope you got a good sleep, never easy before anything like that :flower3:

Oh and yes, Schumi, what I call my teapot is really a kettle. I do have a fancy china teapot my mom gave me, but I tend to just pour the hot water into my mug and have a spoon that holds the tea leaves,

:scared1: :sad2:

So, we have Friday again.......

No walking this morning as it`s cold and we have the Broadband guy coming out again......I didn`t know there was anything wrong but apparently there`s something not working as it should with the tv boxes.......we have too many darn tv`s probably!

Brought out my shin of beef pieces that had been marinading all night in 3/4 bottle of red wine, passata with fresh herbs and the smell of wine almost knocked me out when I opened that fridge door.......bit too early for that! But, will slow cook it all day and serve it with roasted carrots with some sweet romano peppers. Haven`t had shin of beef slices for the longest time.

So, will do some housework this morning and maybe some baking as when we dropped off some food to the farm the other evening they gave us about 30 eggs straight from their chickens.......we eat very few eggs, but can`t hurt their feelings, so we bake with them and give some to one of my friends who lives quite close to us, they`re an egg eating family unlike us.

That`s dinner sorted for tonight, and tomorrow I`m cooking a ham in a full bottle of coke, full fat coke and some bits and pieces.....it`s a large piece so plan to eat that Saturday and Sunday. Folks look at you as if you`re crazy cooking it in coke, but it`s extra tender and adds something. Chicken in coke is another popular dish over here too. Weird to some, but so tasty.

And with that, my tea has been brewing enough, time to pour myself a cup out of the pot.

i-XCtQBwd-Th.jpg

cv105-S.jpg

cv39-S.png

Happy Friday :)

Yeah, Schumi, I do use my mom’s china teapot sometimes on the weekends, as then I steep the tea as I relax. Loose tea is not as popular here, though we do have tea rooms, and even one City hotel which has a very good high tea service. Took my mom there years ago, as well as to the tea rooms in the area. My little one is not a tea drinker, neither is my sister, so I haven’t been going to tea service in several years. Hope your tea was good this morning, and what an interesting good smelling kitchen. Don’t think I ever heard of coke with ham, and rarely hear of a shin of beef. This time of year, roasts are very popular, as well as large ham pieces. I sometimes pick up a roast, as we are much more a beef and chicken eaters then ham. Once in a while, usually when on sale, I’ll buy a ham steak, and fry it up with eggs. Ham is a popular Easter dinner choice.

But yay Yay yay! It’s a Friday! And a clear sky, 13 degrees out. Chilly, start. Though a cool feeling day, as 26 the high. Brrr. Guess not wearing my flip flops outside, as did that last night, picking up the food. My feet were cold. But this morning, home is just right warm, and my tea is just right hot, so a most perfect start. And a little bit earlier day for me, including a bit longer lunch, as I start so early. We have what is called core hours, so I don’t mind, as still makes it the shortest of my week day routines.

A hearty fabulous Friday feeling Friday homies. Stay warm, those of us enjoying this cold winter days, and hey, have that wonderful weekend too. Wahoo! It’s a Friday!

Not a fan of teabags in general, my old aunty who worked for Twinings said the teabags were filled with all the stuff not good enough to be real tea.......kind of know what she means. Each to their own and all that.

Charade......hope everything went ok today and you`re doing good......:flower1:

So, the beef is going to be glorious......one of the tastiest pieces and oh so tender when cooked properly. I`ve had a taste of the sauce and it is divine......good red wine is the key.

Been a busy old day one way and the other........held a friends hand as she is going through a bad time, she still manages to keep her business going with no issues too, I really admire her for that. Then spent some time on phone calls to the housebound, although there`s not too many of them now as folks are getting their lives back.

Sad to hear first thing this morning Meat Loaf passed away. Such a showman.

Cleared out a few shelves in one of my closets again......found so much stuff I didn`t realise I still had.......and filled a large bag again with clothes, shoes and boots for the charity shop......there`s always something to get rid of.

And a quiet night ahead I think........cold one too outside, glad I don`t have to go anywhere......

Friday night..........soon will be........

i-P3dTFSW-S.gif

::yes::

:wave2: It's Friday :woohoo: :banana:

I didn't want to get up this morning, but got my butt out of bed and headed out the door. Thank goodness it's Friday!!!

Went to the gym last night for a quick walk on the dreadmill. Will probably head there tonight and tomorrow as well. Since I missed a few nights earlier this week with the cold weather and birthday celebration, I was wanting to get back there again. It's time for the scale to start moving again.

Not sure what is all planned for this weekend. Probably a quiet weekend. Putter around the house, some gym time, grocery shopping, and maybe watching a few movies at home.

We did try to go see the new spiderman movie last Sunday night. Someone thought it would be funny to pull the fire alarm. Sigh. Only got about 20 minutes into the movie before we had to evacuate outside. We each got 3 vouchers for free movies for the inconvenience. By the time we would have gotten back into the theatre and have then restart the movie, it would have been super late getting home. So we declined going back in. Maybe we will try to go again.

Good luck with your procedure today. I hope you get the all clear from it.
I`m cooking a ham in a full bottle of coke, full fat coke and some bits and pieces.....it`s a large piece so plan to eat that Saturday and Sunday. Folks look at you as if you`re crazy cooking it in coke, but it`s extra tender and adds something. Chicken in coke is another popular dish over here too. Weird to some, but so tasty.
I haven't heard of doing it in coke. I have used gingerale when cooking my ham. I have also used rootbeer and a little bit of liquid smoke for pull pork as well. Sounds weird, but is delicious. Topped with a little bbq sauce and coleslaw. Yum!!!! Now maybe that will be on the menu for this week :ssst:
But yay Yay yay! It’s a Friday! And a clear sky, 13 degrees out. Chilly, start. Though a cool feeling day, as 26 the high. Brrr. Guess not wearing my flip flops outside, as did that last night, picking up the food. My feet were cold. But this morning, home is just right warm, and my tea is just right hot, so a most perfect start. And a little bit earlier day for me, including a bit longer lunch, as I start so early. We have what is called core hours, so I don’t mind, as still makes it the shortest of my week day routines.
I wish we were even close to flip flop weather :sad: . Not even close to being an option here yet. Although there are a few crazy people when the weather gets above 32F they will wear them...even though the parking lots will still have snow/slush (even though they are cleared there is always a little left behind) and their feet will then be wet with gross sand/salt/muddy goop on them. No thank you:sad2:

Alright, it's almost lunch time. Now to think of what I want for lunch. Might run home and make a quick smoothie then head back.

Have a great day everyone...stay safe!

And Louie Anderson too. So sad. The will be missed.

Had never heard of him to be honest, had to Google.

:wave2: It's Friday :woohoo: :banana:

I didn't want to get up this morning, but got my butt out of bed and headed out the door. Thank goodness it's Friday!!!

Went to the gym last night for a quick walk on the dreadmill. Will probably head there tonight and tomorrow as well. Since I missed a few nights earlier this week with the cold weather and birthday celebration, I was wanting to get back there again. It's time for the scale to start moving again.

Not sure what is all planned for this weekend. Probably a quiet weekend. Putter around the house, some gym time, grocery shopping, and maybe watching a few movies at home.

We did try to go see the new spiderman movie last Sunday night. Someone thought it would be funny to pull the fire alarm. Sigh. Only got about 20 minutes into the movie before we had to evacuate outside. We each got 3 vouchers for free movies for the inconvenience. By the time we would have gotten back into the theatre and have then restart the movie, it would have been super late getting home. So we declined going back in. Maybe we will try to go again.

Good luck with your procedure today. I hope you get the all clear from it.

I haven't heard of doing it in coke. I have used gingerale when cooking my ham. I have also used rootbeer and a little bit of liquid smoke for pull pork as well. Sounds weird, but is delicious. Topped with a little bbq sauce and coleslaw. Yum!!!! Now maybe that will be on the menu for this week :ssst:

I wish we were even close to flip flop weather :sad: . Not even close to being an option here yet. Although there are a few crazy people when the weather gets above 32F they will wear them...even though the parking lots will still have snow/slush (even though they are cleared there is always a little left behind) and their feet will then be wet with gross sand/salt/muddy goop on them. No thank you:sad2:

Alright, it's almost lunch time. Now to think of what I want for lunch. Might run home and make a quick smoothie then head back.

Have a great day everyone...stay safe!

I`ve never used ginger ale, but I have used ginger beer which has a much stronger ginger taste, and yes, it`s quite something how it does help with tenderising the meat along the way.

I cook my pork for pulled pork in coke all the time and everyone loves it.....and oh yes, then BBQ sauce and coleslaw.....hard to beat!!!

I hear you on the scales, this week has been a disaster, I think mine will be heading in the wrong direction........not enough walking and too much nibbling and sipping of the wine.......we`ll get back into it........hope you do too, it`s hard this time of year when it`s so cold. You never crave raw carrots this time of year :rotfl:

Dinner was indeed lush......sauce was very rich so we didn`t need much, but it was delicious and the beef just melted. Made some very unhealthy roast potatoes and roast carrots too. Feeling very full now, but will fit in some sparkly in a little while, once we decide which movie to watch....will be a dvd I think.

House is cosy and feels like a lovely night to be in out of the cold.

You never crave raw carrots this time of year :rotfl:
I know right :rolleyes1 And yes, this time of year, it's definitely easier to eat the more calorie laden meals. The cold and dark don't help with depression and eating more.
Procedure over.
Still groggy.
back later.
:hug: I hope the grogginess wears off soon and you start to feel more like yourself again.

I seem to have shiny squirrel syndrome today. I just can't focus. Good thing there are not any papers to shuffle this afternoon. It's going to be a long slow afternoon. Good thing for youtube and dis boards to keep me occupied!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter