• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Pumpkin……thank you, I’ll take the compliment on the hat! Enjoy that tea……I look forward to tea when I’m back in the uk…..American offerings with tea are not good!

Charade……nice lights and glad you got your flooring sorted…….

Had a lovely day with mr and mrs keishashadow…….had a wonderful time exploring Wilderness Lodge, it is stunning……and the earth didn’t explode as we entered Disney property for the first time in forever…….enjoyed a lovely meal and chatted the hours away, can’t believe where the time went. Thank you for such a lovely time Janet……..

Yay! WL visit for Schumi. Sounds like a perfect visit.

Hehe, I agree with ya Schumi, tea is best at home. At least there is bottled water. Am glad to see the weather has been fabulous with slightly cool weather and lots of sun.

Yay! Charade will have new floors in two weeks before Christmas, and what a nice birthday gift. Hope Caspian is feeling better, and no more cat throw up seen.

Yay! A Thirsty Thursday is here. And a warmer day. Break out the shorts. 58 the high, and already 45 degrees out. What cloud cover does, increasing temps in the overnight. And if it did rain in the wee hours, the roads do not sound wet. So I’m thinking we got no rain, or was so light and brief, nothing was wet much after it stopped.

But with that warmer day for us, stay thirsty and get some fluid in ya, homies. And those in that Southern tad cooler morning, close to our high temp, may those homies there enjoy that glass, or cup of ah that tastes good to ward off that slightly cooler start.

Tea for me. And a cloudy day. Eh, will still want to bring my sunglasses on my lunchtime walk. And yep. Up early, close to those wee hours, hours before sunrise too.

Shorter days are coming for many of us homies. At least the shortest day will happen before Christmas. Yay though, as that means more time to enjoy those holiday lights in the dark, before we start to get longer daylight.

Yay! WL visit for Schumi. Sounds like a perfect visit.

Hehe, I agree with ya Schumi, tea is best at home. At least there is bottled water. Am glad to see the weather has been fabulous with slightly cool weather and lots of sun.

Yay! Charade will have new floors in two weeks before Christmas, and what a nice birthday gift. Hope Caspian is feeling better, and no more cat throw up seen.

Yay! A Thirsty Thursday is here. And a warmer day. Break out the shorts. 58 the high, and already 45 degrees out. What cloud cover does, increasing temps in the overnight. And if it did rain in the wee hours, the roads do not sound wet. So I’m thinking we got no rain, or was so light and brief, nothing was wet much after it stopped.

But with that warmer day for us, stay thirsty and get some fluid in ya, homies. And those in that Southern tad cooler morning, close to our high temp, may those homies there enjoy that glass, or cup of ah that tastes good to ward off that slightly cooler start.

Tea for me. And a cloudy day. Eh, will still want to bring my sunglasses on my lunchtime walk. And yep. Up early, close to those wee hours, hours before sunrise too.

Shorter days are coming for many of us homies. At least the shortest day will happen before Christmas. Yay though, as that means more time to enjoy those holiday lights in the dark, before we start to get longer daylight.

Lynne it was in the 80’s yesterday here……and no need for jackets mornings or at night so far, not what I’d describe as cool at all. Weather has been absolutely fabulous I’m happy to confirm. Must have missed that cool weather somewhere.

And yes American tea is not good.

Anyway, another meet planned today with the lovely worfiedoodles, looking forward to that one today.

And it was nice to meet SCSabresfan again and his lovely wife too the other day in the Club Lounge…….and another Happy Anniversary to them too……

Beautiful day ahead again, so sunscreen on as usual…….everyone has been commenting on how nice the weather has been while we’ve been here and it absolutely has!!

Velococoaster was down yesterday morning, but we were only in the park till around 10.30 before we left so hope it was back running again for everyone to enjoy…

Time to venture up I think, although I’m so cosy I might just have another 10 minutes…….

Ah, I only get Orlando weather, Schumi. 80’s sounds so nice. And I heard parts of England had blizzard conditions. Eeek. While we can have a blizzard, it’s been more than 20 years ago when we did have one. So glad you are having a fabulous time, including meeting old friends. Good to hear your live report. And for what it’s worth, while I’m an early bird on vacation, I rarely ever make early entry. So, cozy up, sounds much better to me, then getting going.

Oatmeal. Yep. Oatmeal. Well, it is usually a breakfast item. As did take that day off tomorrow, as have to certainly have a short week after that bonus holiday weekend. Means if older or younger one is game, breakfast out tomorrow. No oatmeal for me, hopefully tomorrow. Or maybe can be like those cats, and enjoy two breakfasts. Hmmmm.

Ah, I only get Orlando weather, Schumi. 80’s sounds so nice. And I heard parts of England had blizzard conditions. Eeek. While we can have a blizzard, it’s been more than 20 years ago when we did have one. So glad you are having a fabulous time, including meeting old friends. Good to hear your live report. And for what it’s worth, while I’m an early bird on vacation, I rarely ever make early entry. So, cozy up, sounds much better to me, then getting going.

Oatmeal. Yep. Oatmeal. Well, it is usually a breakfast item. As did take that day off tomorrow, as have to certainly have a short week after that bonus holiday weekend. Means if older or younger one is game, breakfast out tomorrow. No oatmeal for me, hopefully tomorrow. Or maybe can be like those cats, and enjoy two breakfasts. Hmmmm.

It was Orlando weather I was talking about……we had 82f yesterday.

No blizzards where my family are.

mac……can you let me know if you got the email I just sent…..my email is playing up again for some reason…….always happens a few times a trip…..thank oooo…….:hug:

mac,…..email back……I see it’s fine now……hopefully stays that way!

Lynne thanks for your input on the phone. I’ll have to check dds 7plus vs my XS max for sizing as I assume the 13 pro max would be similar size to my XS max.
Last phone (XS max) I just bought outright as I didn’t want to loose my plan. At that time phone company made you get new plan with phone. Not the case now.

Keisha great photo of you guys! I love the decorations at WL Last time we were their the CM was so good taking pics for us in front of the tree.

Charade that will make a nice birthday present for you! New floors for birthday and Christmas! I keep thinking I’d like to refinish our hardwood but the thought of moving all our furniture out and having to move out for a few days :scared:
Love the shopping meme, make mine 10 days At Universal! Coming from west coast, 5 days is simply too short!

Schumi I agree, WL is a beautiful resort, especially at Christmas time. Have you gone on the Velo coaster yet? I went on it once last Oct trip! It’s wild! Someone posted the other day a womans wig flew off! Can you imagine! And someone lost a shoe!

Lynne bottled water is a must in Florida! Make my coffee and tea with it too!
Oatmeal for me this morning! And coffee.

Yesterdays hair appt went well! Cut 2” off the ends. Colour touched up! I’m ready for all the holiday get togethers now! First one tonight.
Have massage appt in a couple of hours.
Cause to celebrate today. The rain stopped! And there’s a strange golden globe in the sky!

Good idea to look at the difference in sizes Sue, to figure out what size new phone will be.

So, if you were traveling 5 days, 4 nights, would you pay almost double for PBH over SF? Yeah, I know included express versus not.

Lunchtime walk was sunny after all, yay for sunglasses.

Schumi I agree, WL is a beautiful resort, especially at Christmas time. Have you gone on the Velo coaster yet? I went on it once last Oct trip! It’s wild! Someone posted the other day a womans wig flew off! Can you imagine! And someone lost a shoe!

It is quite honestly the best coaster Universal has ever come up with……phenomenal ride and yes, I can believe people are losing things. My watch strap was loosened by the force of it……amazing! Think we’ve been on it about 10 times so far now.

Back at the hotel…..it is boiling hot out there today, thankful of a small breeze flowing every so often.

Enjoyed a lovely lunch with our very own worfiedoodles and mr worfiedoodles in Confisco Grill……such a nice time with them.

Little bit of laundry before we catch up with someone very special to us later and as always still haven’t decided what we’re doing tonight yet for dinner…….will have a Skype with our son first though……

:wave2: Finally getting to do a stop in!

It's a 4 day week for me! We are heading to the city tomorrow to see the kids, gd and finish up the Xmas shopping. Have to complete tomorrow's work later this afternoon as well, so that they have it for tomorrow and no one else has to worry about completing it while I'm away.

Working a shift tonight at HomeSense....so it's a long day.

The flooring back order has been cleared. I am scheduled for installation on December 13-15. It should be completed before my birthday.
Yay!!!! That is great! I'm glad that this project will be completed before Christmas! I'm sure you are relieved as well.
Yesterdays hair appt went well! Cut 2” off the ends. Colour touched up! I’m ready for all the holiday get togethers now! First one tonight.
Have massage appt in a couple of hours.
Cause to celebrate today. The rain stopped! And there’s a strange golden globe in the sky!
I am needing to book for a good trim. It's time for Mother Nature to turn the faucet off for BC. It's been a hard year for the whole province.

Well, I should completed some more spread sheets before I start working on tomorrow's required paperwork.

Have a great day everyone....stay safe!!!!!

Afternoon all. I've been incredibly busy this week with work and stuff going on at the house. I hope everyone has had a good week....its almost over!

I know Carole and Tom are having a blast! The weather has been great this week.

I'll be posting again very soon. :)

Take care!

So pretty night lights Charade.

Nothing like a bed mate who decided that 3am was a good time to also get me up. And so, yeah a day to relax was surely a good call.

But regardless of what time I got up, and the fact I correctly made it a lazy kind of day, a big YAY:
35B71BAD-4CB6-44ED-A8B3-78A3B5BE4824.jpeg

Thats right, a Friday. Yay indeed.

And so, with that ever earlier rising, made time for some wash and of course, tea. And the big tv remote.

Actually got quite the few holiday cards, so I guess I will try to get my card box out of the closet and write out some cards to send this weekend. And ooh, if in the mood, maybe even some gift wrapping too.

And while so very dark out, it’s actually pleasantly almost warm out, as with overnight cloudy cover, it’s now a short lived clear sky, and 42 degrees. And 52 the high. Warm front arriving, which means by this overnight, some will see and hear rain. But that short burst of ooh so nicer high temperatures, will also be short lived, as a cold front tries to give us both cooler weather and then the chances of rainy and a snowy day predicted for next week’s weather. Like a 47 high on Sunday, 65 the high on Monday, and 44 the high on Thursday, with snow seeing chances. In other words, yep, that mixed bag of weather.

Hope MonyK is doing well. So much going on in her house, hope she can give a hey I’m here post soon.

Metro, if you are working today, hope the work time goes quick, so can enjoy that Friday feeling soon.

Mac, and Charade, hope all the cats were behaving this morning and not begging for breakfast yet.

If any AP homie is in the parks this afternoon, would be nice to see if you can partake some if that extra holiday cheer. Like to hear what was given, though I’m sure will be in posts on the AP Facebook page.

Thus, fabulous Friday feeling homies! Big ol’ smile too. Get ready for that wahoo it’s the weekend. :dancer:

Good morning everyone. I’m just sitting here waiting for the carpet installers to show up. We are having carpet put on the stairs, but vinyl flooring everywhere else. I’m also waiting for a plumber to give me an estimate on having our leaky water line replaced.

Lynne - I’ve been seeing posts on the UOAP Facebook page and really wish I could be there right now. The weather is perfect for me and it looks like low crowds. I will just have to be content with a Busch Gardens Christmastown trip this year.

Me too Charade. But at least today seems nice enough here. Good luck with the services coming today. Leaks need to be fixed quick. Lost a cabinet floor when did not see our sink drain was very slowly dripping. Oops. That did get fixed as soon as realized it.

Good Friday morning Sans family :wave2:

72321115-09D3-45F0-80A5-1397F1AAD997.jpeg

599DBCD0-E688-4201-B384-A33FD3A76FEB.jpeg

595CB58B-E41F-4954-B1CA-3A4D337EDE46.jpeg

4BB50A34-C8DF-40B4-8281-85C4FDF64DEC.jpeg

CCB8AEEE-2697-4F72-B648-2DA0A63550CE.jpeg

Robo, so good to hear from you. I’m glad the family got together. We had a great Thanksgiving with all us kids gave a toast to our mom. It’s been over a year since her passing, and some tears with that toast. Sweet memories of your grandma. And how fun to be with little J. Take care, and glad to hear enjoying some coffee in that HHN mug. I did enjoy my tea.

Lynne so glad to hear your family got together for Thanksgiving. A toast to your mom was a beautiful way to include her in your celebration.

My HHN mug is full this morning. Hope your tea mug is full and tasty.

Robo - Sounds like you are having lots of good quality family time.
I wish I could bring you here to help me decorate.

I would help you decorate in a heart beat.

Your Angel mantle is beautiful. So happy for you that you have a nice place to display your Angels now.

Oldest ds is now the proud owner of his first vehicle. He got a good deal on it from a family friend who was just looking to sell it - and not make a profit on it. He just didn't need it anymore since his wife passed away. It's not anything spectacular or new. But it has low kms and looks like it was just driven off the showroom floor. It will last him a few years until he can spend more money on a vehicle ( and is making a bigger wage ;) as a tradesman )

Congratulations to your son on his car.

Good evening. Productive day today. After work I went shopping for the 2 senior citizens that I’m playing Santa for. All the man asked for was “drug store” reading glasses. I went to Walgreens and they had them but one get 2 free. Couldn’t pass up that deal. The only other information on his card was that he likes to watch TV, so I got him a super soft throw blanket he can use while watching TV or reading. The woman asked for a set of sheets, which I bought. Her tag also said that she likes watching the Atlanta Braves. I would like to get her a World Series shirt, but don’t know her size. I called the sponsoring agency and left a message to see if someone could get me that information.

That is so nice of you Charade to help purchase gifts for elderly at Christmas.

Tee hee....I recently bought what you americans call " a beenie" I think...it's a toque here. Very cute with the fuzzy pom pom on top. I asked my boys if I would look as cute wearing them as the girls on the box...they said " of course Mom :rolleyes1 " lol. :rotfl: I giggled as I know I don't look cute wearing hats of any sort, but I need something for when it's cold and I'm outside for longer than 10 minutes.

Rock your Pom Pom beanie. You are never to old to keep your head warm with a stylish winter hat.

Finally, got the mr to agree to try Biergarten. Not exactly our choice of grub but, interesting to switch it up. Copious beverages To wash it all down helped the cause

Wow......that is a stein of beer. That’s even bigger than the beer steins at the Hofbrauhaus in Munich.

Looks like you all are having a wonderful time.

The flooring back order has been cleared. I am scheduled for installation on December 13-15. It should be completed before my birthday.

Great news that you will have your floors down before Christmas.

Had a lovely day with mr and mrs keishashadow…….had a wonderful time exploring Wilderness Lodge, it is stunning……and the earth didn’t explode as we entered Disney property for the first time in forever…….enjoyed a lovely meal and chatted the hours away, can’t believe where the time went. Thank you for such a lovely time Janet……..

What a beautiful photo in front of the tree of two happy couples.
BB8FC2BB-8BEE-4B9D-B863-9C7DB497ECFD.jpeg
Sounds like the Wilderness Lodge is a beautiful place.

Stopping by to leave a nightlight.

Charade the Lantern Light photos are beautiful. Thank you for sharing them.

Mac hope you are doing well.

I have been a little busy past few days. Some appointments to keep.

My younger sister and I are going up to see our dad Sunday. He lives a little over 6 hours North from here. We are leaving early so we can hit a few places we usually stop at on the way.

If the weather permits I would like to stop at the Shrine of Christ’s Passion. There is a beautiful 1/2 mile walk that leads to the church on the hill. There is also a beautiful gift shop there that is gorgeous at Christmas time.

The weather here has warmed up a bit, but will drop again Tuesday. I have been looking at weather map and looks like rain for our travel day Sunday, but that could change as the weather does. Best weather predictions can alter.

It was predicted to snow up by our dads on Tuesday when their temps plummet, but looks like that has changed thankfully. They get a lot of the Lake effect snow off Lake Michigan.

Need to get scootin. I’am hanging out with sweet little J this morning.

Shout out to all our Sans family.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone.

Robbie, besides having relatives in Mt Carmel, also have family in St Johns

Hope you have a great time visiting with your dad!

It’s December and I just opened the windows. I’m going to enjoy it now. By Tuesday it will be on the 40s.

Me too Charade. But at least today seems nice enough here. Good luck with the services coming today. Leaks need to be fixed quick. Lost a cabinet floor when did not see our sink drain was very slowly dripping. Oops. That did get fixed as soon as realized it.
Unfortunately this leak is going to cost a small fortune. They are going to have to cut our driveway to get to it.

Your Angel mantle is beautiful.
Thank you.

If the weather permits I would like to stop at the Shrine of Christ’s Passion
I had to look that up. Looks like a cool
place to visit during the Christmas season.

The carpet installers are here, so I am pretty much trapped on the main floor until they finish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter