Something About Nothing............ #14

Aww, very pretty pictures Charade. Still need them as oh so dark out, and a tad cool. 26 says the thermometer. And still not a warm day in my book. 41 is the high. And those pesky clouds will make this clear sky not as sunny. Well, at least some golden sunshine should come through the window around sunrise.

Sigh. Monday again. At least no rain or snow though. But a yeah, back to routine after a nice bonus weekend. Highly thinking I need to make it a shorter one, like a three day weekend to come. Particularly as little one has no final on Friday, older one has no final on Friday too, and not working that day either, when he usually does. Hmm.

And so, back to routine I’m am, wishing all the homies a marvelous Monday. And hoping Schumi has a great day in whatever she is doing, parks or other. And hope Keisha has no crowds when at that mouse park today. Thanks for your tour pictures,

Morning all. Woke up Early to jump thru mousetrap to grab Epcot Remy virtual tix.

as predicted our return time is same as our candlelight processional ADR at Biergarten. have been on hold with wdw chat for over 30 min

can I say it? That would never (ever) happen at Universal:rolleyes1

that said, my kids keep texting me pic of snow at home:oops:

any cyber Monday shoppers among us? BF was bit of a washout for me this year. At this point GC are going to be major fallback option

Good luck with getting an earlier time. Yeah, I’ve heard scary wait times on phone calls, Keisha. Wishing you already got that change booked. Have to say, was one of our not got much Black Friday. Huge mall, and items from two stores. That was it. Over the years, we’ve shopped at many more. And Target was in store offering the Black Friday prices that Wednesday, so we got the few things from there, and online bought what we didn’t see in store. Not a long list of what all wanted either. I thought the sale prices were not nearly as good as in the past either. Will be viewing cyber Monday offers, but so far nothing interested me. Eh, most done in the prior week. All ordered, and most has been picked up, with stuff mostly arriving at our door, the last yesterday, as yay, delivery on a Sunday has not been an additional fee.

:wave2: Quick Monday morning stop in!

Quiet weekend here. Weather was/is incredibly warm - which I will take. above freezing. I think yesterday hit 50F :scared1: which would explain my headaches/migraines. we supposed to get similar again today. I'll take this mild weather with the headaches. We got a good chunk of Xmas shopping completed yesterday for the ds's. So they are now done. Next weekend we are heading to the city to visit the kids and gd and we will be shopping for them while we are in the city - then we are done. We are ordering (on cyber Monday) a little kitchen for Granddaughter. I have had my eye on a couple...and the deal dropped this morning. I already messaged dh that we are ordering it tonight.

Oldest ds is now the proud owner of his first vehicle. He got a good deal on it from a family friend who was just looking to sell it - and not make a profit on it. He just didn't need it anymore since his wife passed away. It's not anything spectacular or new. But it has low kms and looks like it was just driven off the showroom floor. It will last him a few years until he can spend more money on a vehicle ( and is making a bigger wage ;) as a tradesman )

New phone owner. All I can say is a good thing I have a tech helper little one.
Congrats on the new phone. I hope it's one you wanted! I am wanting a smart watch to help track my steps - and have it link to phone - but my phone is too old. I'm going to have to upgrade too soon. My phone is 4 years old already. It might be time to upgrade. The battery just doesn't last as long as it used to.
Already planning Christmas Eve celebration with family. Last year we broke it up into two celebrations. Will have everyone together this year. Last year for one celebration meal I did a country Christmas breakfast and everyone loved It. I had homemade cinnamon rolls, fruit, ham, biscuits and gravy, scrambled cheese eggs, eggs in a hasbrown basket and hash browns. So I’am thinking I might do that again this year. It’s a easy buffet and everyone enjoyed it.
Yes...I am already planning too. I think the kids are coming home (here) for xmas. Your spread sounds delicious!!!! You had lots of birthdays to celebrate recently - those are always sooo fun!!!!!
Since we now have a mantle I can hang stockings. I bought one for him. I think it’s very appropriate.
Very appropriate stocking! Your pictures were amazing. That would have been such a great outing to experience.
ovely day at MGM, definitely busier than same day in the past Thinking it’s the new reality for this week as to crowds. Did enjoy a nice light lunch there.
Enjoy your time at the Mouse House!!!! I am a little envious of your pictures of AKL. It looks so beautiful!

Well, I should probably start to shuffle some papers around. My tea is done, so I guess I should get started working instead of lolly gaggling lol.

Have a great day everyone...stay safe!!!!

Pumpkin, I had to buy a new phone, as mine was at least 5 or more years old. What finally prompted me, was not only the way too quick loss of battery time, but I’d open an app, then it would flash and then I had to keep trying to open it. Would reset after I turned it off, then back on, and it would be okay for awhile. Then it was happening so frequently, I said that’s it. Thankfully, when I went to the store on Saturday, they had one left of the one I wanted, in the color I wanted. Score, as heard others asking for that model and color after me, and they were told they’d have to order online, none left. I will say, since the last time I had to switch phones, this time was significantly easier and faster to move all my stuff from the one phone to the other. Ack, had no idea I have over 6,000 pictures. Good luck if you’re looking for one to upgrade now.

Pumpkin, I had to buy a new phone, as mine was at least 5 or more years old. What finally prompted me, was not only the way too quick loss of battery time, but I’d open an app, then it would flash and then I had to keep trying to open it. Would reset after I turned it off, then back on, and it would be okay for awhile. Then it was happening so frequently, I said that’s it. Thankfully, when I went to the store on Saturday, they had one left of the one I wanted, in the color I wanted. Score, as heard others asking for that model and color after me, and they were told they’d have to order online, none left. I will say, since the last time I had to switch phones, this time was significantly easier and faster to move all my stuff from the one phone to the other. Ack, had no idea I have over 6,000 pictures. Good luck if you’re looking for one to upgrade now.
Yup...Mine is going something similar as well When I go to open it...it doesn't open properly...or when I go to look at the time, it just ambient light up or apps will just close for no apparent reason lol. Honestly, it has been a bit of a buggy phone for a long time. There was a huge update a long time ago that was first tested out on the goggle androids before sending out to the masses, and it completely messed up my phone for at least 6 months...then it got better. Now it's back to being buggy again, along with not wanting to sync up to new technology. As much as I love my phone, and I love having to pay ZERO dollars for a plan - besides my monthly data I might have to upgrade.

Behind again! Breezed thru some posts,
Charade beautiful lanterns, love Caspians stocking!
Metro great pic.

Lynne what phone did you get? I want an Ap ple 13 pro. Have a 10 XS but sitting on the fence still. Better camera. I find when I go away I don’t bother packing a camera anymore.

Keisha looks like a great time in WDW.

Schumi enjoy that lovely weather! And have some Hot & Juicy for me! I like now they take the heads off! Lol

Mac I like to make soup and casseroles with the Left over Turkey after a couple of days eatting and freeze for later on. Perfect for a night you don’t feel like cooking. My fave leftovers are Turkey, stuffing & cranberry sandwich!

Sorry I know I didn’t get everyones posts read. Will try later!

Busy day here. Had a lovely day with my daughters, both were off work today. Went for lunch at a restaurant on the river. We sat on the patio, they had heaters!
Then did a little shopping, and a doughnut shop in town near youngest daughters place. Made us think about Voodoo! These were very good. Sad I couldn’t eat them but had a wee bite of daughters! It was nice to have a little break from the rain. They’ve closed alot of main roads in prep for return of the rains to try to save them from collapsing.
Busy week, hairdresser, a luncheon and a dinner to go to. I know I’m forgetting something.

Good evening. Productive day today. After work I went shopping for the 2 senior citizens that I’m playing Santa for. All the man asked for was “drug store” reading glasses. I went to Walgreens and they had them but one get 2 free. Couldn’t pass up that deal. The only other information on his card was that he likes to watch TV, so I got him a super soft throw blanket he can use while watching TV or reading. The woman asked for a set of sheets, which I bought. Her tag also said that she likes watching the Atlanta Braves. I would like to get her a World Series shirt, but don’t know her size. I called the sponsoring agency and left a message to see if someone could get me that information.

Morning all. Woke up Early to jump thru mousetrap to grab Epcot Remy virtual tix.

as predicted our return time is same as our candlelight processional ADR at Biergarten. have been on hold with wdw chat for over 30 min
Hope you were able to get the times worked out.

any cyber Monday shoppers among us?
No cyber shopping for me today. I thought about buying some things for myself, but didn’t.

Oldest ds is now the proud owner of his first vehicle.
Congrats to him.

Lynne’s quote disappeared. Are your kids going into finals this week? B’s are the 9th - 14th.

More lights. I took lots of pictures. I have some video too.

I like Pandas.

Sue, we were posting at the same time. I would lone the Apple 13 Pro too, but will hang on to my XS Max for awhile longer. Maybe I will get the 14 when it is released

Sue, went from a 7 plus to yes, the 13 pro in graphite. It’s a bit longer and about the same size of my old phone. But the camera is huge and so much bigger and nicer than my old phone’s and the screen is so much clearer, brighter. Still miss that home button, but getting a little better with that swish. That’s why I have kids in their 20’s. Tech helpers. They got new phones two years ago.

More great pictures, Charade. And nice to be gifting to the two seniors.

Time for this homie to say good night. If you need some light, see Charade’s post above.

So quiet this morning. But hey,
5FEBD7EF-C2EE-4563-946C-399720C761AE.gif

Yay, it’s a Taco Tuesday. You know, the day Mac may want to enjoy a Taco Bell dinner.

And so, I’m not sure what is our meals are today. Had bought steaks on Sunday. And since all were interested in steak on the grill, was our dinner entree last night. Not sure if we were so hungry, but was one of the best tasting steaks we’ve had in awhile. And there was no steak leftover, was that good.

But as a week day routine for me, it’s a tea and what for breakfast one. Early one too.

Thus, that terrific Taco Tuesday homies. And enjoy your taco or taco thoughts, as the week is starting to march along to have that wahoo it’s the weekend feeling once again. Hehe, camel will be making his appearance tomorrow, as truly the day that is just that much closer to a Friday. And Christmas. Yay! Tomorrow is also the first day of December

Good morning. Hope Schumi and Keisha are enjoying that beautiful Southern sunshine. As me? At freezing in temp, and seeing snow flurries. Yeah, I know not all day snow, but what the? Snow in any amount is not appreciated. That’s all I’m going to say. Sigh. Winter. While I enjoy the holidays, not as much the colder weather.

Empty tea cup alert. Tea refill time. Be happy homie. Holiday season has already started.

Yeah, Mac, one of our two closest Taco Bells actually opened the dining room, but we still just go through the drive thru and pull over into a parking spot and eat in the car. Many of our fast food places still have not opened their dining rooms. And that’s fine with us. Hope you are doing well, and enjoy a taco or two in your car today.

Lynne we have cut back tremendously since Taco Bell in our area is drive thru only

The food has a better taste when it is freshly made so we prefer inside dining

We have about given up using drive thru as food is a hit or miss on accuracy and taste.

We have two TacoBell’s nearby and was told one may reopen inside dining sometime January..

We have gone thru “withdrawal “ by not doing Taco Tuesday…..lol

It’s not 11:00 yet and is mid 50’s
Predictions for 67 this afternoon
Rest of week will get up to 70’s

Read this may be an unusual cold winter but it’s a lot better here than living in the north

Oh I hear ya Mac, as we barely have above 40 as our high today. But at least the flurries did not last long, though clouds remain. Glad to see at least somewhat bright out. And yeah, why we eat Taco Bell in our car right after leaving the drive thru lane. But since all our local Taco Bell’s are not a five minute drive away, we don’t go there as much. And doubt for dinner tonight too.

Guess all the homies are busy. But enjoy posting to Mac.

Reminds me of Helen Reddy singing it’s you and me against the world “
Lol

The homies will be back here once they are on their lunchtime break

I had my 3 month eye exam this morning and drove alone
Bad thing as it was blinding to drive home as they did the drops dialation test and could not see squat

Will not make that stupid mistake again…

They didn’t give you those clip on sunglasses, Mac? LoL That’s why I try to bring a kid with me, so don’t have to drive.

Yay! It is almost lunchtime. And yes, I’ll be wearing a jacket on my lunchtime walk. Maybe even a hat too.

:wave2: Quick Taco Tuesday morning stop in tee hee :tilt:

Another beautiful morning here. and I'll take it. Forecast is calling for snow to start falling sometime tomorrow again :sad2: Oh well...such as life in Northern Canada ;) lol

Quiet evening last night. Did a little cyber Monday shopping and order our granddaughter a little kitchen for her xmas present. Another gift crossed off the list.

@macraven I hope that the dialation doesn't last too long. I'm glad you made it home safe and sound.

@Lynne G Sometimes those crisp walks can be invigorating...other times not so much. Hopefully it's the first ;) even if you have to put on a hat.

@Charade67 that is awesome about gifting for seniors!!! I have heard of programs here that put senior wishes on xmas trees ( in certain stores) with the same idea. I have tried to get a card to do that...but when I went to get one...they were all gone already. Which is great!!! One day I will get to support a senior that way.

Well, I should get to shuffling some papers , since my tea is almost empty now.

Have a great day everyone...stay safe!!!

Hope no holes in your tea cup Pumpkin. Yeah, I don’t wear a hat most of the time, but when cold enough, yeah. Ended up not taking it today. Ack to more snow for you. Poor camel better be wearing a winter jacket if he’s visiting you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter