Something About Nothing............ #14

Not a bad way to spend the weekend.

I checked after you mentioned the new CSI show, we don`t get it yet, but will give it a go when we do get it. I had no idea they were bringing it back.

Think my favorite one of the whole lot was CSI-NY.....loved some Lt Dan in there....I am a big fan of Gary Sinise.
Chores are done and groceries are put away. I got a NY Strip steak for dinner tonight and scored a Butterball turkey breast roaster for Thanksgiving. After all the articles I read about possible turkey shortages for this year I was very happy to get one.

CSI:Vegas just aired episode two the other night...I like it so far. Hodges has come back after someone is trying to frame him but Sarah doesn't believe it. Next week Grissom will return to the team so we'll see where it goes from there.

Love Chinese food...my favorites are Sweet and Sour Chicken and Chicken Lo Mein. Panda Express is close to the office so they get a lot of business during lunch hours and are pretty good for something quick but I prefer and nice local place with larger portions. There is a restaurant that I would love to try called Crazy Buffet...the website looks amazing! https://mycrazybuffet.com/

There is also one on my way home but I never think to stop there. :rolleyes1

I'll starve myself one day and try it one night...it has good reviews on Yelp! :thumbsup2

Chores are done and groceries are put away. I got a NY Strip steak for dinner tonight and scored a Butterball turkey breast roaster for Thanksgiving. After all the articles I read about possible turkey shortages for this year I was very happy to get one.

CSI:Vegas just aired episode two the other night...I like it so far. Hodges has come back after someone is trying to frame him but Sarah doesn't believe it. Next week Grissom will return to the team so we'll see where it goes from there.

Love Chinese food...my favorites are Sweet and Sour Chicken and Chicken Lo Mein. Panda Express is close to the office so they get a lot of business during lunch hours and are pretty good for something quick but I prefer and nice local place with larger portions. There is a restaurant that I would love to try called Crazy Buffet...the website looks amazing! https://mycrazybuffet.com/

There is also one on my way home but I never think to stop there. :rolleyes1

I'll starve myself one day and try it one night...it has good reviews on Yelp! :thumbsup2

Not a fan of buffets generally, but my goodness that`s quite the choice of food there! We both love, hot, sweet and spicy chicken or shrimp usually. I love spicy sweet and sour too.

Yes, we`ve ordered 2 turkeys from our butcher for Christmas due to worries about supplies, they`re from farms local to our County so don`t think we need worry.

Enjoy that steak!

Chinese was good as ever, cleared our plates and not much went in the trash tonight.

Started watching The Big Bang Theory from the beginning, ordered the box set and the dvd`s arrrived today.........I never really got fully into it when it was on tv, but it is hilarious and so many episodes to watch! Now watching Rush Hour 2, another funny movie.

Going to be raining tomorrow, so may not get out a walk but do need to go out for fresh produce, won`t take long.

Feeling like having cranberry and pineapple juice mixed with some fizzy lemonade.......

Have you ever eaten at a Culvers? They just came out with the Curderburger....it's selling out everywhere!

We had Culvers last night for dinner! I just discovered that they have an excellent chicken cashew salad that's keto. The chicken is freshly cooked, moist, and flavorful. I haven't heard of the curdburger. My son did get cheese curds, which I love, but didn't eat. I really like their patty melts and their shakes. I think we only have one in town now, and it's close to us.

Dh and B are back home. They had a nice little vacation together. They brought me back some wolf ears.
We are now getting ready to watch some college football.

Charade....good morning....yes, what a horrible thing to do to you! Yes, I wouldn`t have had anything to do with her either. Hope karma bit her on the *** one day.....
A few months ago I saw a post from her on Facebook (we have a mutual friend from the old neighborhood) and she was going on about how wonderful it was to still be friends with her childhood friends. Several people from my old neighborhood commented on it. I was tempted to ask her if she remembered what she did to me, but decided it would be pointless.

Ah, up early to a quiet house and big screen watching. And since house feels cool, a big cup of tea for me, as also decided kitchen needs to be warm, so made some chocolate chip cookies. Just warm from oven, and of course, had to sample. When the kids see them, I’m sure they will not last.
Ooh, I missed cookies at Lynne's house. What a nice thing to wake up to.

Had to laugh as to how things did change a bit in the process when I took my GD when she was a tot…no longer using the empty gallon milk cartons for the earliest classes
What did they use the milk cartons for?

Have you ever eaten at a Culvers? They just came out with the Curderburger....it's selling out everywhere!
A friend of mine in Wisconsin stood in line to get one of those, but they sold out before she could order.

There is a restaurant that I would love to try called Crazy Buffet...the website looks amazing! https://mycrazybuffet.com/
That looks amazing, but I am still a little iffy about buffets right now.

Almost game time.

Never head of Culvers, have to google. Well, based on little one’s wake up and moving, ended up with lunch at 3 this afternoon. Decided since a good rain has been falling, may just cook up some burgers. Add tomatoes, and we will call it dinner. Last one, but find with me.

Very dark, and still raining. My sister got the brunt of the storm as she had good sized hail falling. We started out with a light drizzle, to moderate rain, but no thunder heard. Soaker, though cannot complain, as had almost a week without rain. Though bad thing is, what caused the rain is the loss of our warm weather with the strong cold front arriving and 60 the high tomorrow. But dry, as rain to end tonight. Then predicted even with the lower temps, glorious sunshine for the next 5 days. Yay! Pants will be back on, but will be happily rocking those sun glasses.

Abd with most of our homies, I too am screen watching and hunkered down under a throw. May turn on the heater tomorrow morning, as think the house will be too cool when I wake up. We will see. Almost wanted to turn on the AC these last two days. Yeah, a not exciting Saturday night for me. Lounge wear on too, as no need to go out in the darkness and rain.

Dh and B are back home. They had a nice little vacation together. They brought me back some wolf ears.

A few months ago I saw a post from her on Facebook (we have a mutual friend from the old neighborhood) and she was going on about how wonderful it was to still be friends with her childhood friends. Several people from my old neighborhood commented on it. I was tempted to ask her if she remembered what she did to me, but decided it would be pointless.

A friend of mine in Wisconsin stood in line to get one of those, but they sold out before she could order.

Almost game time.

Yes, folks like that are best ignored Charade, pointless as you say.

We tried Culvers in Orlando, it was just ok. Someone told us the milk shakes were out of this world.....again, just ok and the burgers were again, just ok. Loved the fries though.

But, the place itself was immaculately clean and staff were lovely. All very young, but you couldn`t ask for better.

Glad your husband and daughter had such a lovely trip.

Yeah...I know how you feel...I have heard these restaurants are very clean and are doing everything they can to keep them safe.

Our grocery stores have brought back the serve yourself salad boxes again, have to say I never bought it before anyway, but as you say they are trying to do everything they can. Same with bread and pastry products, I can`t bring myself to buy anything that isn`t wrapped, but I never did before.

But, if you try that place let us know......a couple of folks have suggested places we haven`t gone before and I keep saying we need to stay longer to try them all and keep all the old favourites!!

Ended up leaving the ac on today
Humid here

Read Sunday temps won’t need the ac on but temps raise up Monday afternoon

Ah screw it…. I’ll leave the ac on and won’t have to reprogram it

Waiting for a volunteer to put the porch light on…

Your temps sound wonderful for this time of year......

Nice light, needed it this morning! Love the owl too. We have quite a lot of them around us here, very beautiful creatures.

Well, did go to bed early last night......we left the windows open as it wasn`t the coldest night, and I think some foxes were in the trees having a fight as they make the most horrible noise when they do. But, heard them for a minute or so and got straight back to sleep.

No rain apparently, so once it`s lighter will look to get out walking, pushing it back slightly later in the mornings now as it`s darker. Not as cold as we thought it was going to be this morning either.

Another 2 weeks for us till clocks go back.

Sunday is bacon day, but will keep it for lunch and plan a simple roast chicken for Sunday dinner tonight, but for now a good old cuppa tea and some toast I think, I have lovely home made marmalade in the fridge.....not made in my home, but still home made ::yes::

i-MdKfmFt-S.gif

cv79-S.jpg

:rotfl:

cv83-S.jpg

Happy Sunday 😁

Yay, around lunch time for Schumi, so I’m ready for that bacon. LoL Glad to hear weather was nice for your walk this morning. And yep, while not the morning tea you enjoyed, but still enjoying my morning tea as I type.

House does feel cool, and a look outside, and a very dark clear sky. Will be sunrise in another hour, and a golden sunrise is expected in that clear sky. Now saying cloudy afternoon, no rain expected from them, but eh. I’m going to enjoy that sunshine ☀️ all morning.

And so, a birthday weekend for my sister, so we are going to celebrate with her a day late, as travel with that stormy day yesterday, we’d rather travel in a clear, dry day. Other than that, it’s that normal Sunday activities. Alarm already set, and the trash cans will be rolled to the curb. Then an earlier bedtime, as back to week day routine tomorrow.

A good morning and hope all have an excellent Sunday. Middle of October, last quarter of the year. And Christmas decor in the stores. Yep. That time of year. 🎃

Sweet, broken little doll
:)A6FD0088-3297-4F44-BABC-C1BC97F25863.jpeg
they had her in a small room set off from the path in the above ground portion of the house. She came rushing out of the boo hole at you yelling & screaming, quite effective. I was rather started, didn’t get the best pic here.
4BBE12B1-0A65-4107-A5B9-EB76A40FA0D0.jpeg
the mine has been used as an educational one for school groups for ages. Also, in Various movies. 2009 My bloody valentine (in 3D no less:p) was filmed there.

https://m.imdb.com/video/vi4210033433?playlistId=tt1179891

They only permitted 2 or 3 guests at a time in this portion. Then, you made your way thru the woods & past the chain saw wolves :), to the mine tram. Still in just a big bigger groups of no more than 8, would do the mine maze dodging ghouls & finally making you way out. Was glad they didn’t let you wander too deep off the beaten path in there! So claustrophobic, no idea how my family was able to work in those sorts of conditions. Thank you for paying it forward to give me the opportunity to enjoy a decidedly cushier lifestyle!:worship:

This little monster really startled me, had her positioned slowly rocking back & forth after a string of animatronics, when she stood up & lunged…

0023F902-65B8-4A90-AAA3-3DE9BFADA228.jpeg

546A9F62-CD7C-4CEE-BD4D-0B22CA9C16F1.jpeg
The lighting budget had a nice boost this year It’s interesting to see how a small, local haunt manages to be quite effective in comparison vs big budget HHN.
7C94F290-6435-4BB9-8E23-6547C875ADC2.jpeg

no, not in our area. Believe I did pass one in Kissimmee area. Hamburgers, unless of the McD I’m starving need early lunch before driving to a park, are normally not something on my radar on vacation
School never even bothered letting my parents know.....I was still breathing so no problems....lol. There would be a whole bunch of craziness now if it happened today.
world was a decidedly different place.

Love that cat meme!
I got a NY Strip steak for dinner tonight and scored a Butterball turkey breast roaster for Thanksgiving. After all the articles I read about possible turkey shortages for this year I was very happy to get one.
yum. JMHO the media is surely adding to any possible shortages & creating a bit of hoarding yet again. I did pick up a couple of frozen turkey breasts the beginning of the summer still sitting in deep freeze. Not out of the norm for us as I generally will cook one or two most months anyway, quick & easy meal

that said, I did pick up more TP & PT. pre pandemic would have it S&S shipped from amazon. have yet to see it repopulate there In any cost effective fashion.

The Big Bang Theory
:)
cheese curds,
Not something generally offered in my area. i’ve never tried them.
plastic ones, flotation devices in each hand
My sister got the brunt of the storm as she had good sized hail falling.
we had a class 1 & a 0 (no idea that was a thing) tornado roll thru yesterday am south of my area. No loss of life. Weird as we just had a brief am shower.
And so, a birthday weekend for my sister, so we are going to celebrate with her a day late,
Nice, have fun

:)View attachment 613834
they had her in a small room set off from the path in the above ground portion of the house. She came rushing out of the boo hole at you yelling & screaming, quite effective. I was rather started, didn’t get the best pic here.
View attachment 613835
the mine has been used as an educational one for school groups for ages. Also, in Various movies. 2009 My bloody valentine (in 3D no less:p) was filmed there.

They only permitted 2 or 3 guests at a time in this portion. Then, you made your way thru the woods & past the chain saw wolves :), to the mine tram. Still in just a big bigger groups of no more than 8, would do the mine maze dodging ghouls & finally making you way out. Was glad they didn’t let you wander too deep off the beaten path in there! So claustrophobic, no idea how my family was able to work in those sorts of conditions. Thank you for paying it forward to give me the opportunity to enjoy a decidedly cushier lifestyle!:worship:

This little monster really startled me, had her positioned slowly rocking back & forth after a string of animatronics, when she stood up & lunged…

View attachment 613840

View attachment 613838
The lighting budget had a nice boost this year It’s interesting to see how a small, local haunt manages to be quite effective in comparison vs big budget HHN.
View attachment 613839

no, not in our area. Believe I did pass one in Kissimmee area. Hamburgers, unless of the McD I’m starving need early lunch before driving to a park, are normally not something on my radar on vacation

Love that cat meme!

yum. JMHO the media is surely adding to any possible shortages & creating a bit of hoarding yet again. I did pick up a couple of frozen turkey breasts the beginning of the summer still sitting in deep freeze. Not out of the norm for us as I generally will cook one or two most months anyway, quick & easy meal

that said, I did pick up more TP & PT. pre pandemic would have it S&S shipped from amazon. have yet to see it repopulate there In any cost effective fashion.

we had a class 1 & a 0 (no idea that was a thing) tornado roll thru yesterday am south of my area. No loss of life. Weird as we just had a brief am shower.

Nice, have fun

She is amazing Janet! A genuine little star in the making. And glad she enjoyed it as well as scaring the bejesus out of folks……that sounds like so much fun.

Interesting place too……now I’m wondering why I’ve never seen My Bloody Valentine in 3D………lol…….

There‘s another Culvers near Mall at Millenia too, I do think I’d like the custard shakes, maybe give them another try sometime, I just chose the wrong flavour I believe.

Did enjoy an amazing walk this morning. It was breezy but not cold, so very pleasant and we broke all our records so far for each mile covered……won’t be doing that every day! But, it’s a beautiful day with lots of sunshine which wasn’t forecast, happy with that though.

Once we got home and showered we went to buy a new microwave, came down this morning to see the lights out in ours, tried the fuse, but nothing.

I really don‘t use a microwave often, certainly never for cooking, but ideal for ease of reheating if some side dishes are ready too early, or milk for hot chocolate…….that’s about it. But, got a good one, probably didn’t need one as big or as powerful, but I liked it.

And fits nicely on the worktop where the other one was.

Laundry day as weather was so nice, got a couple of loads out and dried, ironed and put away now.

Chicken has been simmering away and smells beautiful. Doing some roasted veg and crushed buttered baby potatoes.

Hope everyone‘s having a lovely Sunday

It is a beautiful day today. I have turned off the a/c and opened up the windows. This is the weather that I love.

I think I have figured out how we will tell B that we are going back to Disney World. I have been trying to come up with stocking stuffer ideas for her. I saw on the shop Disney site that I can get a gift card with her favorite princess on it, so I will put some money on a Disney gift card and put it in her stocking.

Nice light, needed it this morning! Love the owl too. We have quite a lot of them around us here, very beautiful creatures.
Thanks. I think owls are pretty cool.

And so, a birthday weekend for my sister,
Happy birthday to her. A friend of ours is having a birthday today. He and his wife are spending it at the Grand Canyon.

She looks quite creepy. How old is she?

Once we got home and showered we went to buy a new microwave, came down this morning to see the lights out in ours, tried the fuse, but nothing.

I really don‘t use a microwave often, certainly never for cooking, but ideal for ease of reheating if some side dishes are ready too early, or milk for hot chocolate…….that’s about it. But, got a good one, probably didn’t need one as big or as powerful, but I liked it.
We probably use ours too much. We want to get one to put over our stove so we can free up some counter space.

It's going to be a quiet, relaxing say of watching cars drive around in a circle.

And glad she enjoyed it as well as scaring the bejesus out of folks……that sounds like so much fun.
I’m guessing she will try to work it into
Her busy schedule for yet another go round this season

u didn’t miss much of anything with that horror flick, another of that era 3D ripoffs.
did catch first episode of dawn of dead. Let’s just say I hope it improves

anyone here watch succession on hbo? New season starts tonight woot
That’s what she was going for, Just turned 11

ur DD is going to be jumping for joy on Xmas morn

Lucky gal!!! She`ll have a ton of fun doing that....yes, your work is indeed done, have a fabulous time and food sounds so good!!!

Yes, it was the 1970`s so I guess safety wasn`t exactly high priority, but it was a brand new complex, so should have had no issues. School never even bothered letting my parents know.....I was still breathing so no problems....lol. There would be a whole bunch of craziness now if it happened today.

Lori......have a lovely weekend away.......sounds like a fun time!!

Chinese takeout tonight for us, looking forward to that.......much as though I love cooking, I do like the odd night off........

Not going out tonight, decided to stay home and watch a movie.

Been such a quick day, glad to be in though as it`s quite cold outside......winter is close!
It has been a cool and windy weekend here too....brrrr!
The lake water was all churned up and brown looking

Not a fan of buffets generally, but my goodness that`s quite the choice of food there! We both love, hot, sweet and spicy chicken or shrimp usually. I love spicy sweet and sour too.

Yes, we`ve ordered 2 turkeys from our butcher for Christmas due to worries about supplies, they`re from farms local to our County so don`t think we need worry.

Enjoy that steak!

Chinese was good as ever, cleared our plates and not much went in the trash tonight.

Started watching The Big Bang Theory from the beginning, ordered the box set and the dvd`s arrrived today.........I never really got fully into it when it was on tv, but it is hilarious and so many episodes to watch! Now watching Rush Hour 2, another funny movie.

Going to be raining tomorrow, so may not get out a walk but do need to go out for fresh produce, won`t take long.

Feeling like having cranberry and pineapple juice mixed with some fizzy lemonade.......
Love Big Bang Theory!!!

We had Culvers last night for dinner! I just discovered that they have an excellent chicken cashew salad that's keto. The chicken is freshly cooked, moist, and flavorful. I haven't heard of the curdburger. My son did get cheese curds, which I love, but didn't eat. I really like their patty melts and their shakes. I think we only have one in town now, and it's close to us.
Yes, I've always been happy with their food! Cheese curds are a must, lol! And the custard is sooooo yummy!

Almost game time.
I'm guessing wolf ears is a treat of some sort? Guessing not real wolf ears....

Never head of Culvers, have to google. Well, based on little one’s wake up and moving, ended up with lunch at 3 this afternoon. Decided since a good rain has been falling, may just cook up some burgers. Add tomatoes, and we will call it dinner. Last one, but find with me.

Very dark, and still raining. My sister got the brunt of the storm as she had good sized hail falling. We started out with a light drizzle, to moderate rain, but no thunder heard. Soaker, though cannot complain, as had almost a week without rain. Though bad thing is, what caused the rain is the loss of our warm weather with the strong cold front arriving and 60 the high tomorrow. But dry, as rain to end tonight. Then predicted even with the lower temps, glorious sunshine for the next 5 days. Yay! Pants will be back on, but will be happily rocking those sun glasses.

Abd with most of our homies, I too am screen watching and hunkered down under a throw. May turn on the heater tomorrow morning, as think the house will be too cool when I wake up. We will see. Almost wanted to turn on the AC these last two days. Yeah, a not exciting Saturday night for me. Lounge wear on too, as no need to go out in the darkness and rain.
Hoping the hail didn't do any damage! Nice to stay inside on a rainy evening.

Yes, folks like that are best ignored Charade, pointless as you say.

We tried Culvers in Orlando, it was just ok. Someone told us the milk shakes were out of this world.....again, just ok and the burgers were again, just ok. Loved the fries though.

But, the place itself was immaculately clean and staff were lovely. All very young, but you couldn`t ask for better.

Glad your husband and daughter had such a lovely trip.

Our grocery stores have brought back the serve yourself salad boxes again, have to say I never bought it before anyway, but as you say they are trying to do everything they can. Same with bread and pastry products, I can`t bring myself to buy anything that isn`t wrapped, but I never did before.

But, if you try that place let us know......a couple of folks have suggested places we haven`t gone before and I keep saying we need to stay longer to try them all and keep all the old favourites!!

Your temps sound wonderful for this time of year......

Well, did go to bed early last night......we left the windows open as it wasn`t the coldest night, and I think some foxes were in the trees having a fight as they make the most horrible noise when they do. But, heard them for a minute or so and got straight back to sleep.

No rain apparently, so once it`s lighter will look to get out walking, pushing it back slightly later in the mornings now as it`s darker. Not as cold as we thought it was going to be this morning either.

Another 2 weeks for us till clocks go back.

Sunday is bacon day, but will keep it for lunch and plan a simple roast chicken for Sunday dinner tonight, but for now a good old cuppa tea and some toast I think, I have lovely home made marmalade in the fridge.....not made in my home, but still home made ::yes::

i-MdKfmFt-S.gif

cv79-S.jpg

:rotfl:

cv83-S.jpg

Happy Sunday 😁
Too bad Culver's was a miss for you......they are hugely popular in the Midwest and we have multiple within a 20 mile radius of my house. I like that they prepare everything to order, and not sitting under a lamp.

Yay, around lunch time for Schumi, so I’m ready for that bacon. LoL Glad to hear weather was nice for your walk this morning. And yep, while not the morning tea you enjoyed, but still enjoying my morning tea as I type.

House does feel cool, and a look outside, and a very dark clear sky. Will be sunrise in another hour, and a golden sunrise is expected in that clear sky. Now saying cloudy afternoon, no rain expected from them, but eh. I’m going to enjoy that sunshine ☀ all morning.

And so, a birthday weekend for my sister, so we are going to celebrate with her a day late, as travel with that stormy day yesterday, we’d rather travel in a clear, dry day. Other than that, it’s that normal Sunday activities. Alarm already set, and the trash cans will be rolled to the curb. Then an earlier bedtime, as back to week day routine tomorrow.

A good morning and hope all have an excellent Sunday. Middle of October, last quarter of the year. And Christmas decor in the stores. Yep. That time of year. 🎃
A very Happy Birthday to your sister!!!

:)View attachment 613834
View attachment 613835

View attachment 613840

View attachment 613838
View attachment 613839

Love that cat meme!

Nice, have fun
Ok, she would legit scare me!
Brava!!

She is amazing Janet! A genuine little star in the making. And glad she enjoyed it as well as scaring the bejesus out of folks……that sounds like so much fun.

Interesting place too……now I’m wondering why I’ve never seen My Bloody Valentine in 3D………lol…….

There‘s another Culvers near Mall at Millenia too, I do think I’d like the custard shakes, maybe give them another try sometime, I just chose the wrong flavour I believe.

Did enjoy an amazing walk this morning. It was breezy but not cold, so very pleasant and we broke all our records so far for each mile covered……won’t be doing that every day! But, it’s a beautiful day with lots of sunshine which wasn’t forecast, happy with that though.

And fits nicely on the worktop where the other one was.

Laundry day as weather was so nice, got a couple of loads out and dried, ironed and put away now.

Chicken has been simmering away and smells beautiful. Doing some roasted veg and crushed buttered baby potatoes.

Hope everyone‘s having a lovely Sunday
DH and I took dogs on an extra long walk this morning. Finally tired them both out! Not an easy feat for the lab, she's the energizer bunny!

It is a beautiful day today. I have turned off the a/c and opened up the windows. This is the weather that I love.

I think I have figured out how we will tell B that we are going back to Disney World. I have been trying to come up with stocking stuffer ideas for her. I saw on the shop Disney site that I can get a gift card with her favorite princess on it, so I will put some money on a Disney gift card and put it in her stocking.

Thanks. I think owls are pretty cool.

Happy birthday to her. A friend of ours is having a birthday today. He and his wife are spending it at the Grand Canyon.

We probably use ours too much. We want to get one to put over our stove so we can free up some counter space.

It's going to be a quiet, relaxing say of watching cars drive around in a circle.
Oh, your DD will really love finding that gem in her stocking!!

I’m guessing she will try to work it into
Her busy schedule for yet another go round this season

u didn’t miss much of anything with that horror flick, another of that era 3D ripoffs.
did catch first episode of dawn of dead. Let’s just say I hope it improves

anyone here watch succession on hbo? New season starts tonight woot

That’s what she was going for, Just turned 11

ur DD is going to be jumping for joy on Xmas morn
Never watched Succession, but it looks interesting. Enjoy the new season tonight!!

Had a relaxing weekend up north. It was nice to sit with the fire going in the house, while the wind whipped outside and churned the lake up.

DH actually surprised me with a Sweetest Day gift of sorts. He cleared his schedule to go to Florida! He needs to fly home 1.5 days before me...... but I'll take it!!

I booked the flights, R/T transportation with Tony H., and the hotel room this afternoon.
I wanted RP, but it was quite a bit more money than HR. No big deal, as I enjoy HR, but we had stayed there in May. I'll keep checking back...never know when something may open up. I'll need to make a few dining reservations, probably do that tomorrow.

Wishing a restful Sunday evening to all!

Yay! Nice to have DH with you for trip, even if have to leave a little earlier than you, Paris. Still, a very nice picture of the lake.

Thanks for all my sister’s birthday wishes. She enjoyed our company and gifts. We had a good laugh and had lunch with her, including dessert. I stood in line for about 30 minutes to pick up three of these local, small batch, little sized cheesecakes, flavors: birthday cake, strawberry shortcake, and chocolate fudge. And even with the four of us sampling all three, there’s at least half left of each. I’m sure my sister will nibble on them the next couple of days.

And with all that eating, was not that hungry for dinner, so opened a couple of cans of chicken and rice soups, and that with crackers was our dinner. Though older one made a deli turkey sandwich too.

Nothing like a Sunday night. Calm and ready for the week days to come along. Trash cans are at the curb and no spooky like Keisha posted. Looked like fun, Keisha.

And yeah:
B4FD37DC-A90A-43DA-B338-9AD0C1E0C4D8.jpeg

Sigh……

Slept in Friday. Had a great ploughmans lunch for 1, pumpkin juice, fire whiskey, and butterbeer softserve. I must have bummed around for a bit. My local friend met me again, but for early S&S. Hill House again. We did more houses without EP. She left pretty early, and I did more houses and bought a Jack Jar and t-shirt at the Tribute Store. I also watched the Marathon of Mayhem lagoon laser show. It wasn't as good as 2019, but it was still very enjoyable.

At some point, my husband texted me that their flight had been delayed from leaving ~7:30pm to ~9:30pm. So they weren't going to get in until really late. Eventually they cancelled the flight, Southwest :( He couldn't find another SW flight to Orlando until Sunday night. They would miss our private RIP tour. He started looking for other airlines and other airports. The best option was a Saturday morning flight to Tampa, and then they drove. I was trying to balance all of my stuff, a Jack slider, and cocktail while texting/messaging between 4 other people. Luckily, the houses were relaxing:rotfl2:

They did miss the 3 house tour Saturday morning, but my other local friends joined me. The house tour was great! Love these. I was really disappointed that my husband and son didn't get to do it. However, they made it in the afternoon with plenty of time to do our RIP tour. Our 3 friends in Orlando joined us. We had a great time. Jordan was our guide. We did all of the houses and repeated some. Hit both bars. Saw the immigration room at MIB and rode it. We also rode Mummy. Got some snacks at the Tribute Store. I had an amazing run through some of the houses, particularly Hill House. It turned that house around for me. It was really a great night. I am so glad that my family got to join me, especially since it was my husband's first time.

We slept in Sunday. I only slept in until about 10:30, even though we went to bed about 2am. DH and DS slept until after noon. I have a hard time sleeping in on vacation, because I want to get going and see stuff. We did a late lunch at Finnegan's. We decided to skip S&S, since we had EP and didn't feel we needed to repeat any houses. We headed back to the room, packed up, and relaxed. We headed out about 7pm and did all of the houses again and the lagoon show. We had some food from the stands, like the turkey/butternut squash gyoza, pumpkin churro, and my husband's first pizza fries. I really wanted to get some twisted taters, since I have never had them. I think the pizza fries weren't sitting well though, and I knew that I would regret it later. So, maybe next year.

We hit IOA Monday morning at park opening for our last day. Hubby and son headed for Velocicoaster, and I headed for Hagrid's. The Hagrid's VQ never opened up, and the wait had escalated pretty quickly. So DH and DS didn't get to ride it this time. We have ridden it a lot though and will be back for Thanksgiving. We did some more rides and then ate at Confisco for the first time. We actually ate in the Navigator's Club. The lettuce wraps and pumpkin hummus were excellent. I think I might try to make the hummus sometime. We rode the Hogwart's Express to Studios and do some rides. Our phone batteries were really low after trying for the VQ all morning. My husband's cable had gone bad, so the brick battery couldn't charge his phone. I had one in the car but didn't bring it to the park.

We went to the AP lounge while it rained to figure out how they were getting home and how to get a phone cable for DH. We finally decided that they should take the AA flight from Tampa, since the SW Orlando flight was already delayed by 2 hours. DH and DS needed to be back Monday morning for work and school. I didn't have to be back, and the Tampa flight was sold out. We found out that the fuel rods come with a really short cable, so DH got one. He would need it, since they were going to have an hour and a half drive. I got dropped off at MCO about 3:30pm, but my flight wasn't supposed to leave until 8:30pm. I ended up leaving about 8:15pm, so I spent a lot of time in the airport. We all made it home though. DH and DS actually only arrived 15 minutes after me.

Just watched Carrie. Now watching the documentary. We saw No Time to Die last night. I love going to the theater. I am so glad that our numbers are dropping enough that I feel comfortable going. We have another movie next weekend, Dune, and then Eternals 2 weeks after.

I was getting stuff together for the dressy event next week and realized that my dressy sandals are messed up. The strap has gone wonky. Since they are heels, I was worried I would twist my ankle. So, I spent a ton of time on Zappos looking for something. They should arrive Tuesday. I wanted to go to Nordstrom's, but they didn't look to have much local according to their website. I hate buying dress shoes more than buying dress clothes. I might try to buy some nice earrings. I haven't been wearing them again until recently, so I didn't really like anything I had. Most of them are cheap and tarnished. I might try to find something at the mall Monday or Tuesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter