Something About Nothing............ #14

Yay for both services helping you Charade, but sorry to hear up too early.

Eh for me, always up and online before the sun is up.

But a woot is here.

4F446C77-2B74-423B-A6F5-0EA1CDADE0E4.jpeg

Oh yes I am. And a shorter day for me, pay day, and the warmest day, with glorious sunshine, and 82 the high. Yes, shorts are on, and since have a longer lunchtime, longer walk in that glorious sunshine warmth.

Hehe, and already turned that alarm off, though I still may be awake early the next two days. Difference is, on those days, no need to get up as fast.

The most Fabulous Friday homies. And Good Morning from me too.

Mr slept in, time to get that bacon a-going. Haven’t had any in weeks. Tried to resist paying $7 a pound for it. Resistance is futile.8C44FC50-F1D5-449E-9212-B973DD59A4FA.jpeg

I'm way to close with my dermatologist as well, ugh! Thinking I'll end up with a few dings too in the years to come. Too many days of lifeguarding and chasing that perfect tan with pale skin and blonde hair.
i can picture you as a lifeguard! That spa day sounds heavenly.

Yes, they aren’t kidding when they say your past will come back to haunt you. mr insisted i go back to derm for recheck yesterday as some spots were looking wonky. glad I listened to him, sent home with antibiotics that already look as tho they are helping the cause :). Not to deter anyone from getting things checked out, my 1st go-round with anything out of the norm after a procedure. Pretty good odds :)
We took a short break for Barney, and Hatley occupied herself with rolling around in the leaves. She can entertain herself easily whenever outdoors!
such cuties! Do u do sweaters or holiday costume sort of thing for them?
Cook chicken up and bacon, so chicken bacon parmigiana.
can’t say I’ve ever considered that tweak. I generally make my own sauce, freeze in portioned containers, but not above using leftover as dipping sauce for, whatever
Does not help where your mom is, Keisha, but for the first time both state and City have 70 percent vaccinated adults.
same here, initially read just 1st vaccine, just heard on tube that’s ’fully’ vaccinated. Assume that equates to 2, soon to be 3 now. Gotta keep up. Need to remember to work in flu shot here, think it’s really going to be a year for it
I bought some additional fog candles, since mine burned way to fast at home before the trip.
i couldn’t decide upon a scent. Most seemed a bit too faint for my liking. Probably will grab Frankenstein one. I didn’t have my glasses, couldn’t see the maker. Not the biggest fan of what seems to be a very light wax melt scent of Magic Candle, other than the HM one
Did Hill House via Stay & Scream. It wasn't a good run. Too many scares not happening (maybe actors weren't in place yet) and too dark for my eyes.
That happens often to me early on in night. Will say by my third night my opinion of the houses had improved. appears that more than a few of the new scareactors had tapped out after two weeks, or less, on the job. Since it probably takes them a bit to get familiar with their roles, hoping to see things continue on upward tread There.

Finally it's Friday :cheer2: The week went fast/slow at the same time if that makes sense. All I can say, is I'm looking forward to a quiet low key weekend.

Not sure what is all in store for the weekend. Dh is hopefully back very late (close to midnight) tonight. They are hoping to go out to do some hunting tomorrow afternoon and Sunday. I will probably putter, clean, cook and maybe organize some areas of the house. We will see how warm it gets, I should get outside to do one final window washing session in yet before winter sets in. Those outside windows need a good clean before that fluffy white stuff hits. Other than that...not much on my to-do list. Maybe start a new quilt for the granddaughter.

This morning should be busy. I have the painter, contractor, and pest control coming. I found little ants in my kitchen yesterday. Gotta put a stop to that.
That sounds like a busy morning. I hate ants. They are the one insect that we are continually battling in our yard and around the house.
Oh yes I am. And a shorter day for me, pay day, and the warmest day, with glorious sunshine, and 82 the high. Yes, shorts are on, and since have a longer lunchtime, longer walk in that glorious sunshine warmth.
Enjoy the beautiful day!!!!!
Yes, they aren’t kidding when they say your past will come back to haunt you. mr insisted i go back to derm for recheck yesterday as some spots were looking wonky. glad I listened to him, sent home with antibiotics that already look as tho they are helping the cause :). Not to deter anyone from getting things checked out, my 1st go-round with anything out of the norm after a procedure. Pretty good odds :)
Yup...we are always checking and rechecking spots on us as well. I'm waiting for the day when I will have to have some removed. So far - nothing yet. I'm counting my lucky stars for that so far.
That would be such wonderful news! Haven’t seen any update
I believe Nov 8 is the date that the boarders open up for full vaccinated travelers. It's great for some of us crazy canucks who were waiting for the land boarder to open. I'm still crossing my fingers that my mixed vaccinations will be " accepted " as fully vaccinated.

Thank you ladies!!!

mac, yes, news of the borders opening up to us in the UK was all over the news here since around 1pm-ish our time.......we were down at our friends stables but did get a call from another friend this time to let us know........you know we barely have internet down at the stables.

Very exciting news for so many people.......:cheer2:

Silence is golden at times it seems.........:rolleyes1

Good afternoon all and the weekend is almost here! We are having a real cool down here in Florida starting Sunday and lasting all next week. Highs in the low to mid 80s and lows in the mid 60s.

I miss the leaves changing this time of year...that was always so pretty back home but that's about all.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

i couldn’t decide upon a scent. Most seemed a bit too faint for my liking. Probably will grab Frankenstein one. I didn’t have my glasses, couldn’t see the maker. Not the biggest fan of what seems to be a very light wax melt scent of Magic Candle, other than the HM one

That happens often to me early on in night. Will say by my third night my opinion of the houses had improved. appears that more than a few of the new scareactors had tapped out after two weeks, or less, on the job. Since it probably takes them a bit to get familiar with their roles, hoping to see things continue on upward tread There.

The candles are from Magic Candle Company, which you had said previously felt weak to you. I knew I wanted to get the fog one, because I didn't want to pay for shipping to buy more. I smelled the others too, and nothing appealed to me enough to buy it. Frankenstein was nice, but it reminded me of Frankenberry cereal instead of the house :rotfl2: I wish the Puppet Theater one had smelled more like the house with the baby powder.

We had great runs later in the evening on Saturday and Sunday though. I think they just weren't getting the actors in place in time when I went through during S&S.

The candles are from Magic Candle Company, which you had said previously felt weak to you. I knew I wanted to get the fog one, because I didn't want to pay for shipping to buy more. I smelled the others too, and nothing appealed to me enough to buy it. Frankenstein was nice, but it reminded me of Frankenberry cereal instead of the house :rotfl2: I wish the Puppet Theater one had smelled more like the house with the baby powder.
I like outdoorsy scents like Bayberry, Pine...stuff like that. My mother used to send me sweet smelling candles and I ended up giving them away. I don't like Sugar Cookies or Vanilla enough to have my house smell like that.

Finally getting time to post. We got back late Monday night, and I have been busy with chores and errands. I arrived Thursday morning without any issues. I got up at 2am, left for airport about 4am, flight left at 6am, sort of slept on the plane, and landed about 9:30am. Got to Hard Rock, checked in (room wasn't ready), rearranged stuff to take into the parks, had bell services watch my bags while I changed into shorts, left my bags with them, and got a bunch of tickets and new APs. Around noon, I met up with @Sue M in the lobby. We talked for a bit. It was great to meet you :wave2: Headed into the park for lunch at Today Cafe; I hadn't really eaten breakfast. Got the big apple cheese. I walked around and took some pictures, then headed to San Francisco Bakery for the pumpkin puff. It was really good. I didn't do any rides, just walked around, took pictures, went to the Tribute Store. I bought some additional fog candles, since mine burned way to fast at home before the trip. I was going to go to IOA via Hogwart's Express between 1 and 2pm, but the regular wait was 90 minutes. I figured it would still be long with EP. I killed some more time at Studios. I killed more time in City Walk at the new legacy and park stores.

I wanted to do Stay & Scream and get into the park before it closed at 5pm; otherwise, I was going to have to wait until closer to 7pm to enter due to long lines at the gates. It was around 3:30, and I still hadn't gotten the text for my room. I decided to hang out in the AC in the Hard Rock lobby until the official 4pm check in time. Saw @Sue M again, and we chatted. It was a little after 4pm and still no text. I was getting anxious and thought I was going to have to switch out my stuff, keep bags at bell services, head to the park for HHN, and check in after HHN. Sue talked me off the ledge and convinced me to try the Rewards desk. It was just about 4:30pm. They got me a room within about 5 minutes. I ran to bell services, got my bags, and booked it to my room. Dropped my bags in the room and switched out gear for the night. I made it into Stay & Scream 10 minutes before the park closed.

Did Hill House via Stay & Scream. It wasn't a good run. Too many scares not happening (maybe actors weren't in place yet) and too dark for my eyes. I have never had that problem before, but Hill House is very dark and very detailed. I had HHN Express Pass or an RIP tour for the whole trip. I did more houses via EP and tried to take pictures. I had forgotten my poncho in my haste, so I had to buy one at the Kwik-E-Mart. Luckily, I bought one, because it started raining pretty good at one point. I actually had to pull out the rain cover for my photo backpack. I got the pumpkin guts and bog slime drink at the Wicked Growth food booth. The food was excellent and felt kind of healthy and light. The tombstone cake I got from the Tribute Store was horribly sweet. It had a bunch of chocolate marshmallow cream in it. The cake part was good, and it needed more of that and less of the really sweet stuff. I only ate about half of it. One of my local friends met me after 9pm. She didn't have EP, so we did a few houses with shorter waits. She headed out for work the next day. There were only 4 houses that I hadn't done, so I went ahead and did them with EP. I ended up leaving the park about 1:30am. I didn't get to bed until 2:30am, because I wanted to get my stuff organized and ready for the next day. So, that was a little more than 24 hours up. I slept in until about 10:30am.

Hope everyone is doing well. I will update more later.
You must have been exhausted to be up 24 hours straight!
I hope you had a super trip and cannot wait to hear more!

Good morning, I was up way too early today. This morning should be busy. I have the painter, contractor, and pest control coming. I found little ants in my kitchen yesterday. Gotta put a stop to that.
Oh yes, gotta get those critters right away!

Glad your workers are progressing!

Yay for both services helping you Charade, but sorry to hear up too early.

Eh for me, always up and online before the sun is up.

But a woot is here.

View attachment 613280

Hehe, and already turned that alarm off, though I still may be awake early the next two days. Difference is, on those days, no need to get up as fast.

The most Fabulous Friday homies. And Good Morning from me too.
I tried the Aveda comforting tea at the hair salon this morning. It was really good!
Might be a tea (and coffee) drinker!

Mr slept in, time to get that bacon a-going. Haven’t had any in weeks. Tried to resist paying $7 a pound for it. Resistance is futile.View attachment 613294

i can picture you as a lifeguard! That spa day sounds heavenly.

such cuties! Do u do sweaters or holiday costume sort of thing for them?

can’t say I’ve ever considered that tweak. I generally make my own sauce, freeze in portioned containers, but not above using leftover as dipping sauce for, whatever

same here, initially read just 1st vaccine, just heard on tube that’s ’fully’ vaccinated. Assume that equates to 2, soon to be 3 now. Gotta keep up. Need to remember to work in flu shot here, think it’s really going to be a year for it

I was a lifeguard all through high school and college. Started teaching swim lessons at the local YMCA. Then worked summers at the county wide outdoor pool. And in college, moved to Wisconsin Dells during the summers. Lifeguarded at the huge waterparks. That was a blast!

Finally it's Friday :cheer2: The week went fast/slow at the same time if that makes sense. All I can say, is I'm looking forward to a quiet low key weekend.

Not sure what is all in store for the weekend. Dh is hopefully back very late (close to midnight) tonight. They are hoping to go out to do some hunting tomorrow afternoon and Sunday. I will probably putter, clean, cook and maybe organize some areas of the house. We will see how warm it gets, I should get outside to do one final window washing session in yet before winter sets in. Those outside windows need a good clean before that fluffy white stuff hits. Other than that...not much on my to-do list. Maybe start a new quilt for the granddaughter.

That sounds like a busy morning. I hate ants. They are the one insect that we are continually battling in our yard and around the house.

Enjoy the beautiful day!!!!!

Yup...we are always checking and rechecking spots on us as well. I'm waiting for the day when I will have to have some removed. So far - nothing yet. I'm counting my lucky stars for that so far.

I believe Nov 8 is the date that the boarders open up for full vaccinated travelers. It's great for some of us crazy canucks who were waiting for the land boarder to open. I'm still crossing my fingers that my mixed vaccinations will be " accepted " as fully vaccinated.
Hope your guys are able to bag a big one!!!

I'm so happy our international friends can come to visit again soon!

Thank you ladies!!!

mac, yes, news of the borders opening up to us in the UK was all over the news here since around 1pm-ish our time.......we were down at our friends stables but did get a call from another friend this time to let us know........you know we barely have internet down at the stables.

Very exciting news for so many people.......:cheer2:

Ha! I thought Mac meant you were in Orlando at this moment, lol!!

Soon though, very soon!!!!

Good afternoon all and the weekend is almost here! We are having a real cool down here in Florida starting Sunday and lasting all next week. Highs in the low to mid 80s and lows in the mid 60s.

I miss the leaves changing this time of year...that was always so pretty back home but that's about all.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
We are in the midst of our annual color change. I do think it's a bit duller this year. We've lost so many Ash trees to the Emerald Ash Borer bug.....it really changes the vibrance of the colors not having the Ash as part of the beautiful display.

Finishing a late salad lunch, as I had an 11:15am hair appointment. Been a week of pampering for me...a girl could get used to this, lol!!!
Nice to have the outgrowth once again camouflaged.

DH and I are heading to the lake house tomorrow. We are going out to one of our favorite supper clubs for a little Sweetest Day romance:hug:

It's only 53 degrees outside and raining currently. I finally turned the heat on, as it was getting a tiny chilly in the house. But we may bounce back to 70 by Tuesday, so I may be playing ping-pong with the AC and heat.

I'd rather have one of these on the beach, but sometimes you make due with what you're given...

I like outdoorsy scents like Bayberry, Pine...stuff like that. My mother used to send me sweet smelling candles and I ended up giving them away. I don't like Sugar Cookies or Vanilla enough to have my house smell like that.

I love those scents in the winter. I actually have some wax melts like that waiting for cooler weather. I love sugar though too. I have a butterbeer candle that I can't wait to burn. I don't like burning sweet candles when I can't eat sweets though.

I tried the Aveda comforting tea at the hair salon this morning. It was really good!

It was weird that I wasn't mentally tired. My legs, feet, and back were sore and tired from walking and carrying around a bunch of camera stuff. I think I was just running on adrenaline. Plus, since "retiring", I have been getting a decent amount of sleep, so I didn't start out with a deficit.

I love that Aveda tea!

Decided to have the mr pick up McD for dinner tonight, then football game. Are in, rain, stay away
And it was posted in the Dis Daily Updates this morning.
Once I saw it on the internet, went to Jackie’s daily site and she had the info listed there also

I check her site morning and daily for new changes
you are smrt! Not much gets past you:thumbsup2
or deafening, as the case may be. Hater’s always gonna hate, best revenge is always living well
B965AB59-05E2-4EB7-A533-F454434CAAB8.jpeg

Frankenstein was nice, but it reminded me of Frankenberry cereal instead of the house :rotfl2: I wish the Puppet Theater one had smelled more like the house with the baby powder.
lololol. It’s been long time since frank or count chocula cereal has graced my house. Tempted to buy some just to smell it now.

I like the smell of baby powder, thot that piped in smell very well used in the house, in suitably creepy fashion.

There was another one that was interesting, i think i only saw it in the Bourne store, think it may have been chucky something or other? Can’t remember, going to look for it next go-round.
was a lifeguard all through high school and college. Started teaching swim lessons at the local YMCA. Then worked summers at the county wide outdoor pool. And in college, moved to Wisconsin Dells during the summers. Lifeguarded at the huge waterparks. That was a blast!
that’s so interesting. I am very thankful for the Y instructors having the patience to teach all my kids how to swim. In my family growing up, you got tossed in the deep end of the pool. Gave meaning to ‘sink or swim’.

love water parks, packing up the whole family and heading to Wisconsin Dells is still on the bucket list.
Finishing a late salad lunch, as I had an 11:15am hair appointment. Been a week of pampering for me...a girl could get used to this, lol!!!

DH and I are heading to the lake house tomorrow. We are going out to one of our favorite supper clubs for a little Sweetest Day romance:hug:

It's only 53 degrees outside and raining currently. I finally turned the heat on,
we are enjoying our last blast of summer, bottom supposed to fall out tomorrow. No, don’t goooooooo

sounds like a really nice week for you, enjoy!
I I think I was just running on adrenaline.
& fog, chain saw fumes for good measure:joker:

Oh yes, gotta get those critters right away!

Glad your workers are progressing!

I was a lifeguard all through high school and college. Started teaching swim lessons at the local YMCA. Then worked summers at the county wide outdoor pool. And in college, moved to Wisconsin Dells during the summers. Lifeguarded at the huge waterparks. That was a blast!

Hope your guys are able to bag a big one!!!

I'm so happy our international friends can come to visit again soon!

Ha! I thought Mac meant you were in Orlando at this moment, lol!!

Soon though, very soon!!!!

We are in the midst of our annual color change. I do think it's a bit duller this year. We've lost so many Ash trees to the Emerald Ash Borer bug.....it really changes the vibrance of the colors not having the Ash as part of the beautiful display.

It's only 53 degrees outside and raining currently. I finally turned the heat on, as it was getting a tiny chilly in the house. But we may bounce back to 70 by Tuesday, so I may be playing ping-pong with the AC and heat.

I'd rather have one of these on the beach, but sometimes you make due with what you're given...
View attachment 613360

You can enjoy a good old cuppa with us Brits anytime......tea is our national drink.....and yes, it`s a cuppa over here, even if its in a proper china cup or a Harry Potter mug.....

mac was an early bird with the news as soon as it broke I believe.....less than 6 weeks to go now, providing of course we test negative within 3 days of flying. Until we land in Orlando, we take nothing for granted.

I need to hire you for a week to teach me how to swim......lol.....

Sounds like a lovely couple of days you have ahead of you Lori.....enjoy them with your husband......I think our temps are similar right now....it was baltic today!

Decided to have the mr pick up McD for dinner tonight, then football game. Are in, rain, stay away

or deafening, as the case may be. Hater’s always gonna hate, best revenge is always living well
View attachment 613367

lololol. It’s been long time since frank or count chocula cereal has graced my house. Tempted to buy some just to smell it now.

I like the smell of baby powder, thot that piped in smell very well used in the house, in suitably creepy fashion.

There was another one that was interesting, i think i only saw it in the Bourne store, think it may have been chucky something or other? Can’t remember, going to look for it next go-round.

that’s so interesting. I am very thankful for the Y instructors having the patience to teach all my kids how to swim. In my family growing up, you got tossed in the deep end of the pool. Gave meaning to ‘sink or swim’.

love water parks, packing up the whole family and heading to Wisconsin Dells is still on the bucket list.

we are enjoying our last blast of summer, bottom supposed to fall out tomorrow. No, don’t goooooooo

mac was quick with the news.......glad she always has her eye on the ball there.....and thank you again for the good wishes!!!!! Yes, champagne has been poured now.......🥂 I`m very lucky to have the friends I do have......::yes::

Love the meme!

Enjoy that football tonight, hope the rain stays away for you......

Watching The Conjuring 2....not as scary as the first one, but certainly has it`s moments.......

Sipping on the Pol Roger champagne right now.....beautiful........and had some lovely emails from various friends in Orlando that are glad to see flights will be back on for us mere mortals from next month and they`ll see us soon all going well........happy news for sure. But, taking nothing for granted.......

I love those scents in the winter. I actually have some wax melts like that waiting for cooler weather. I love sugar though too. I have a butterbeer candle that I can't wait to burn. I don't like burning sweet candles when I can't eat sweets though.

It was weird that I wasn't mentally tired. My legs, feet, and back were sore and tired from walking and carrying around a bunch of camera stuff. I think I was just running on adrenaline. Plus, since "retiring", I have been getting a decent amount of sleep, so I didn't start out with a deficit.

I love that Aveda tea!
I enjoy most candle scents....but not lavender. I know its a favorite for many, but not me.

View attachment 613367

If you ever make that trip to the Dells, let me know. I'll meet ya there!!

You can enjoy a good old cuppa with us Brits anytime......tea is our national drink.....and yes, it`s a cuppa over here, even if its in a proper china cup or a Harry Potter mug.....

mac was an early bird with the news as soon as it broke I believe.....less than 6 weeks to go now, providing of course we test negative within 3 days of flying. Until we land in Orlando, we take nothing for granted.

I need to hire you for a week to teach me how to swim......lol.....

Sounds like a lovely couple of days you have ahead of you Lori.....enjoy them with your husband......I think our temps are similar right now....it was baltic today!

mac was quick with the news.......glad she always has her eye on the ball there.....and thank you again for the good wishes!!!!! Yes, champagne has been poured now.......🥂 I`m very lucky to have the friends I do have......::yes::

Love the meme!

Enjoy that football tonight, hope the rain stays away for you......

Watching The Conjuring 2....not as scary as the first one, but certainly has it`s moments.......

Sipping on the Pol Roger champagne right now.....beautiful........and had some lovely emails from various friends in Orlando that are glad to see flights will be back on for us mere mortals from next month and they`ll see us soon all going well........happy news for sure. But, taking nothing for granted.......
I'd teach you to swim in a day. The key is learning how to float, not panic (especially when water gets on your face or in your ears), and the rest is easy.

Kids were the easiest to teach....they didn't have any fear.

Enjoy that bubbly!!! Cheers to traveling again soon!!!

I was a bit cold, so I made myself a cuppa :) Swiss Miss hot chocolate with Lucky Charms marshmallows. So sugary, but delish! Warmed me right up!

The rain has stopped, and the sun is popping out. This has not gone unnoticed by Miss Hatley. She's circling around me and making it known that she'd like a walk.
I guess I'd better dig my old tennis shoes out. It'll be a wet walk, lol!

I enjoy most candle scents....but not lavender. I know its a favorite for many, but not me.

If you ever make that trip to the Dells, let me know. I'll meet ya there!!

I'd teach you to swim in a day. The key is learning how to float, not panic (especially when water gets on your face or in your ears), and the rest is easy.

Kids were the easiest to teach....they didn't have any fear.

Enjoy that bubbly!!! Cheers to traveling again soon!!!
View attachment 613376

I was a bit cold, so I made myself a cuppa :) Swiss Miss hot chocolate with Lucky Charms marshmallows. So sugary, but delish! Warmed me right up!

The rain has stopped, and the sun is popping out. This has not gone unnoticed by Miss Hatley. She's circling around me and making it known that she'd like a walk.
I guess I'd better dig my old tennis shoes out. It'll be a wet walk, lol!

One of my friends and I where I used to live went for swimming lessons years ago, and I coud swim, and managed to swim on my back and get back upright, that was the worst part of my worry....but, after a year of not going in the water, I went back in and lost all confidence and now can`t swim again......lol.....you`re right, it`s not panicking......but as you know, easier said than done.

Hot chocolate sounds lush!!! I do enjoy those now and again......

I don`t like lavender much either, although we do have a lavender bush somewhere in the garden and it smells gorgeous, but don`t like lavender products weirdly.

Have fun walking and hope you don`t get too wet!

Ah, lifeguard here too, and taught swimming in college. Only lifeguarded the local pool, and pool at college. Was a decent paid Summer job in my youth.

Glad your DH likes McD’s, Keisha. Even my kids give it a hard pass. Nope for us, as burgers are icky, while fries can be good, not enough to get us go there. Can’t remember when we last ate or picked up from there. Chick-fil-A on the other hand, should give me a gold card, for the amount of times we have used their drive through.

Ah nothing like a Friday night for a little one and me dinner selections. You can guess, and probably be right. Chicken fingers in the air fryer, french fries, in oven, then covered with cheese sauce, and mac and cheese, as where some of the cheese sauce was poured over the fries before tossing the pasta into it. Luckily, there is leftovers, so think when older one comes home, he has food to eat.

Yay for Schumi, holiday trip is a go. I’m sure there will be many international flights once open in a few weeks.

Ah, and while I don’t think I have any British in me, I’m enjoying some tea tonight, as relaxing after that filling dinner. A tea drinker I am, as was my mom, so I think that’s why I do, though none of my siblings seem to be tea drinkers, and my dad only drank coffee. I do drink coffee, iced, most of the time, but mostly tea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter