Something About Nothing............ #14

There was another one that was interesting, i think i only saw it in the Bourne store, think it may have been chucky something or other? Can’t remember, going to look for it next go-round.

& fog, chain saw fumes for good measure:joker:

There was a Chucky candle. I saw it some nights in the Tribute Store. They had different candles in different rooms when I went. You had to keep an eye out for them. i can't remember what the Chucky was smelled like though.

I enjoy most candle scents....but not lavender. I know its a favorite for many, but not me.

I love the scent of lavender. I find it very relaxing. I have lavender hand sanitizer and some lavender spray for masks that I use when I think I am going to be stressed, like on international flights. However, I don't recall every burning a lavender candle/wax melt.

Mmm. Champagne. Maybe next weekend for the Formula 1 race here.

One of my friends and I where I used to live went for swimming lessons years ago, and I coud swim, and managed to swim on my back and get back upright, that was the worst part of my worry....but, after a year of not going in the water, I went back in and lost all confidence and now can`t swim again......lol.....you`re right, it`s not panicking......but as you know, easier said than done.

Hot chocolate sounds lush!!! I do enjoy those now and again......

I don`t like lavender much either, although we do have a lavender bush somewhere in the garden and it smells gorgeous, but don`t like lavender products weirdly.

Have fun walking and hope you don`t get too wet!
My mom experienced a near drowning as a child. She took swim lessons as an adult to get over her fear. It wasn't easy, but she wanted to have the skill back.

Walk was good....wet feet and socks as expected. Not a problem, in the wash they'll go!

Ah, lifeguard here too, and taught swimming in college. Only lifeguarded the local pool, and pool at college. Was a decent paid Summer job in my youth.

Glad your DH likes McD’s, Keisha. Even my kids give it a hard pass. Nope for us, as burgers are icky, while fries can be good, not enough to get us go there. Can’t remember when we last ate or picked up from there. Chick-fil-A on the other hand, should give me a gold card, for the amount of times we have used their drive through.

Ah nothing like a Friday night for a little one and me dinner selections. You can guess, and probably be right. Chicken fingers in the air fryer, french fries, in oven, then covered with cheese sauce, and mac and cheese, as where some of the cheese sauce was poured over the fries before tossing the pasta into it. Luckily, there is leftovers, so think when older one comes home, he has food to eat.

Yay for Schumi, holiday trip is a go. I’m sure there will be many international flights once open in a few weeks.

Ah, and while I don’t think I have any British in me, I’m enjoying some tea tonight, as relaxing after that filling dinner. A tea drinker I am, as was my mom, so I think that’s why I do, though none of my siblings seem to be tea drinkers, and my dad only drank coffee. I do drink coffee, iced, most of the time, but mostly tea.
Yes, was a great summer job!

There was a Chucky candle. I saw it some nights in the Tribute Store. They had different candles in different rooms when I went. You had to keep an eye out for them. i can't remember what the Chucky was smelled like though.

I love the scent of lavender. I find it very relaxing. I have lavender hand sanitizer and some lavender spray for masks that I use when I think I am going to be stressed, like on international flights. However, I don't recall every burning a lavender candle/wax melt.

Mmm. Champagne. Maybe next weekend for the Formula 1 race here.
Is this the race you're attending with your DH? and getting all dressed up for? I seem to recall you mentioning attending an event.

Kinda an early night light. Beautiful for the purple lovers!

Is this the race you're attending with your DH? and getting all dressed up for? I seem to recall you mentioning attending an event.

Yes. We will be attending the local Ferrari Club gala next Friday and dressing up. It is for the Formula 1 US Grand Prix here in Austin. It's the same racing series that Schumi watches. Her namesake is one of its most famous drivers. Just dropped hubby's suit at the cleaners today, after he finally decided to see if it still fit.

Quick stop Friday night stop in.

Catching up on some missed programs during the week. Dh is on his way home. Not sure I'll be able to stay awake until he gets home. It will be a sleep in morning. This morning I didn't want to get up. Now because I can actually sleep in, I'll be up before 7 am :rotfl:

@soniam that gala sounds like it will be a great evening out! I hope you have an amazing outfit to go with your dh's suit ;)

Just thought I would see what everyone was up to.
Have a great night everyone.

Team lost, we bailed before the rain rolled in One more game to go this year. Has been a long season, at least not a shutout Oddly, up until tonight we’re still in playoff contention
Ah, and while I don’t think I have any British in me
23&me was a ton of fun for us

mcd cheeseburger freshly made is a fav but, rare treat, a comfort fast food for me. Fun fact: The Big Mac was ‘invented’by area man

if the newish White Castle in Orlando ever doesn’t have a mile as we motor past, going to grab a sack. An acquired taste lol
However, I don't recall every burning a lavender candle/wax melt.
I use them now & again, mostly in spring. My kids affectionately say tbe old lady is in when thru smell the scent here. One of the scents that do evoke happy memories of my mom in better days. She favored that as a sachet scent for her dresser
Yes. We will be attending the local Ferrari Club gala next Friday and dressing up. It is for the Formula 1 US Grand Prix here in Austin. It's the same racing series that Schumi watches. Her namesake is one of its most famous drivers. Just dropped hubby's suit at the cleaners today, after he finally decided to see if it still fit.
That sounds fancy & fun We will require a full report of course:):car:

Who is in charge of our porch light tonight ….
I tripped over someone’s shoes on the steps

Been a long day and now time to sit back and relax

You did have a long day......hope you had a good sleep....although you shold be sleeping as I type this!!

My mom experienced a near drowning as a child. She took swim lessons as an adult to get over her fear. It wasn't easy, but she wanted to have the skill back.

Walk was good....wet feet and socks as expected. Not a problem, in the wash they'll go!

Yes, was a great summer job!

View attachment 613433

That`s what gave me my fear of water. At swimming lessons my hair got caught in a probably malfunctioning air vent under the water.....I was 6 and still remember it to this day, I wouldn`t go back after that. Plus my mum was terrified of the water so I think it was passed on. Although all my siblings swim.

Glad you had a nice, albeit wet walk!! I`m sure you dried off with something nice.

Beautiful night light and loving the purple!

I`m sure you`ll have an absolute blast. F1 just isn`t the same for us last several years....rule changes and restrictions mean so many different things as to how the sport is run. Austin isn`t one of our favourite races and I doubt we`ll see it next week as I think we`re out with it being evening for us.
But, I grew up with it, and we did love it up to maybe 2008, then it just started to be too different. We do miss the fun and excitement of being in the paddock though and were very lucky to be able to do that due to family connections.

Hope you have a lovely time though, I`m sure you will.

Team lost, we bailed before the rain rolled in One more game to go this year. Has been a long season, at least not a shutout Oddly, up until tonight we’re still in playoff contention

mcd cheeseburger freshly made is a fav but, rare treat, a comfort fast food for me. Fun fact: The Big Mac was ‘invented’by area man

if the newish White Castle in Orlando ever doesn’t have a mile as we motor past, going to grab a sack. An acquired taste lol

I use them now & again, mostly in spring. My kids affectionately say tbe old lady is in when thru smell the scent here. One of the scents that do evoke happy memories of my mom in better days. She favored that as a sachet scent for her dresser

lol....I`m hearing varying opinions on White Castle......I doubt we`ll try it but we pass where it is in Orlando often when driving around.

Shame your team lost! But glad you got out before the rain hit.

My mum has drawer liners and they are lavendar too, well until I gave her some citrus ones, but I know what you mean about smells reminding you of her. Don`t laugh, I changed my fabric softener to the one my mum uses, just takes me to her home immediately.

Looks a not bad day outside today......day off walking, so having a brunch style breakfast this morning a little later. Tea will do right now.

Enjoyed the movie last night, it was quite scary in bits and I do remember the story when it happened making all the papers and news.

Busy afternoon today, then plan take out for tonight, think it`s just us 2 although we`ve been invited to a game night at a friends house, not sure we`ll go, see how we feel later.

Ready for a cuppa now......

i-P2V88CF-Th.gif

cv92-S.png

cv37%20%282%29-S.jpg

Have a wonderful weekend.......

Hey Todd......wondered where my early morning buddy was today......

Hope you have a lovely weekend ahead....any plans??
Hey Carole...nothing really planned. I'll go to Walmart for my weekly shopping trip and do some household chores. Nothing exciting. :)

Woke up at 4:30 and have not been able to get back to sleep. I won't be able to take a nap this afternoon because I will have someone in the house working. Ugh!

Welcome back to Orlando schumi!
I read the new release this morning
Yay! Maybe we will finally get a chance to meet next year.

Not sure what is all in store for the weekend. Dh is hopefully back very late (close to midnight) tonight. They are hoping to go out to do some hunting tomorrow afternoon and Sunday. I will probably putter, clean, cook and maybe organize some areas of the house. We will see how warm it gets, I should get outside to do one final window washing session in yet before winter sets in. Those outside windows need a good clean before that fluffy white stuff hits. Other than that...not much on my to-do list. Maybe start a new quilt for the granddaughter.
This sounds like my weekend. I have been cleaning and doing laundry while the contractor has been working.

That sounds like a busy morning. I hate ants. They are the one insect that we are continually battling in our yard and around the house.
We get the tiny ones in our kitchen about twice a year when the seasons change. The pest control guy found where they were coming in and treated the area outside the house. Hopefully no more ants for a long while.

Good afternoon all and the weekend is almost here! We are having a real cool down here in Florida starting Sunday and lasting all next week. Highs in the low to mid 80s and lows in the mid 60s.
The weather sounds nice. I hope the humidity is easing up a bit too.

I was a lifeguard all through high school and college. Started teaching swim lessons at the local YMCA. Then worked summers at the county wide outdoor pool. And in college, moved to Wisconsin Dells during the summers. Lifeguarded at the huge waterparks. That was a blast!
I am very thankful for our Y swim instructors. B took lessons there for several years. I framed the certificate she got when she passed the shark level along with all of the patches she received for passing each level.

Ah, and while I don’t think I have any British in me, I’m enjoying some tea tonight, as relaxing after that filling dinner. A tea drinker I am, as was my mom, so I think that’s why I do, though none of my siblings seem to be tea drinkers, and my dad only drank coffee. I do drink coffee, iced, most of the time, but mostly tea.
B is the big tea drinker in our family. DH and I drink iced tea, but B is the one who loves hot tea. We need to go back to the tea room again soon.

Very nice.

I haven't had a White Castle in ages. I like them, but only in small quantities.

That`s what gave me my fear of water. At swimming lessons my hair got caught in a probably malfunctioning air vent under the water.....I was 6 and still remember it to this day, I wouldn`t go back after that. Plus my mum was terrified of the water so I think it was passed on. Although all my siblings swim.
When I was little we had a neighborhood pool. I used to love the pool until one day I was showing my friends that I had learned how to do a forward flip under water. While I was doing the flip one of my "friends" thought it would be funny to put her hand on my head and push me down. That one incident terrified me so much that I have been very uncomfortable in water ever since. I never spoke to that girl again after that.

Cat is begging for breakfast. I'll feed him and then I guess I should go ahead and get up and get the day started. The contractor will be here in about 2 hours.

Hey Carole...nothing really planned. I'll go to Walmart for my weekly shopping trip and do some household chores. Nothing exciting. :)

Not a bad way to spend the weekend.

I checked after you mentioned the new CSI show, we don`t get it yet, but will give it a go when we do get it. I had no idea they were bringing it back.

Think my favourite one of the whole lot was CSI-NY.....loved some Lt Dan in there....I am a big fan of Gary Sinise.

Charade....good morning....yes, what a horrible thing to do to you! Yes, I wouldn`t have had anything to do with her either. Hope karma bit her on the *** one day.....

Ah, up early to a quiet house and big screen watching. And since house feels cool, a big cup of tea for me, as also decided kitchen needs to be warm, so made some chocolate chip cookies. Just warm from oven, and of course, had to sample. When the kids see them, I’m sure they will not last.

Super sized Saturday, homies.

4ACF2385-8931-40AE-826D-BA434724EE42.gif YES!!!!

other than watching the temperature tank in real time today:crazy2:, plan on doing much about nothing until heading up to one of the local haunts with family. Going to grab pizzas & hoagies & convene at my youngest DS’s house prior to nosh, then head out en masse. GD has ‘a gig’ working as a scareactor in a local haunt…I love it…my work here is done.:cloud9:

It’s A rather unique one. They have an outdoor portion in the woods but, the main even is held in a coal mine that is now used for educational purposes. Should be good, ghoulish fun.:banana:

carole - that incident is horrifying. before they instituted safety rules for public/hotel pools, far too many really unfortunately drain issues.
lol....I`m hearing varying opinions on White Castle.
Lol, it’s a bit of a cult thing going back decades. Had a resurgence with the hipsters with the release of this classic:hippie:

4CE21548-25B2-4C02-88D3-1D431B495707.jpeg

as also decided kitchen needs to be warm, so made some chocolate chip cookies.
makes perfect sense to me, enjoy That worm planted in my brain equates to a now a 50-50 chance I may make cookies today

haven't had a White Castle in ages. I like them, but only in small quantities.
Little sliders go down easy :). haven’t had in ages as the nearest one to me is located in middle of O-hi-O. They sell them frozen in some stores but, not the same.
B took lessons there for several years. I framed the certificate she got when she passed the shark level along with all of the patches she received for passing each level.
my boys treasured those patches, all were so excited by the idea of being able to swim all winter long, eagerly kept signing up for next class. :) Had to laugh as to how things did change a bit in the process when I took my GD when she was a tot…no longer using the empty gallon milk cartons for the earliest classes

Sounds like an incredible night! Hope you share all the details!

Quick stop Friday night stop in.

Catching up on some missed programs during the week. Dh is on his way home. Not sure I'll be able to stay awake until he gets home. It will be a sleep in morning. This morning I didn't want to get up. Now because I can actually sleep in, I'll be up before 7 am :rotfl:

@soniam that gala sounds like it will be a great evening out! I hope you have an amazing outfit to go with your dh's suit ;)

Just thought I would see what everyone was up to.
Have a great night everyone.
Hope you were able to get that extra sleep!

Sorry the team lost....

I've never had a White Castle burger. The closest one is a bit over an hour away, and I rarely head in that direction. You can buy them in the freezer section, but I wondered if they would be as good??

Have you ever eaten at a Culvers? They just came out with the Curderburger....it's selling out everywhere!

You did have a long day......hope you had a good sleep....although you shold be sleeping as I type this!!

Glad you had a nice, albeit wet walk!! I`m sure you dried off with something nice.

Beautiful night light and loving the purple!

I`m sure you`ll have an absolute blast. F1 just isn`t the same for us last several years....rule changes and restrictions mean so many different things as to how the sport is run. Austin isn`t one of our favourite races and I doubt we`ll see it next week as I think we`re out with it being evening for us.
But, I grew up with it, and we did love it up to maybe 2008, then it just started to be too different. We do miss the fun and excitement of being in the paddock though and were very lucky to be able to do that due to family connections.

Hope you have a lovely time though, I`m sure you will.

lol....I`m hearing varying opinions on White Castle......I doubt we`ll try it but we pass where it is in Orlando often when driving around.

Shame your team lost! But glad you got out before the rain hit.

My mum has drawer liners and they are lavendar too, well until I gave her some citrus ones, but I know what you mean about smells reminding you of her. Don`t laugh, I changed my fabric softener to the one my mum uses, just takes me to her home immediately.

Looks a not bad day outside today......day off walking, so having a brunch style breakfast this morning a little later. Tea will do right now.

Enjoyed the movie last night, it was quite scary in bits and I do remember the story when it happened making all the papers and news.

Busy afternoon today, then plan take out for tonight, think it`s just us 2 although we`ve been invited to a game night at a friends house, not sure we`ll go, see how we feel later.

Ready for a cuppa now......

i-P2V88CF-Th.gif

cv92-S.png

cv37%20%282%29-S.jpg

Have a wonderful weekend.......

Yes, a scare like that will live with you forever!!

Enjoy the night with friends, if you decide to head out!!

Woke up at 4:30 and have not been able to get back to sleep. I won't be able to take a nap this afternoon because I will have someone in the house working. Ugh!

Yay! Maybe we will finally get a chance to meet next year.

This sounds like my weekend. I have been cleaning and doing laundry while the contractor has been working.

We get the tiny ones in our kitchen about twice a year when the seasons change. The pest control guy found where they were coming in and treated the area outside the house. Hopefully no more ants for a long while.

The weather sounds nice. I hope the humidity is easing up a bit too.

I am very thankful for our Y swim instructors. B took lessons there for several years. I framed the certificate she got when she passed the shark level along with all of the patches she received for passing each level.

B is the big tea drinker in our family. DH and I drink iced tea, but B is the one who loves hot tea. We need to go back to the tea room again soon.

Very nice.

I haven't had a White Castle in ages. I like them, but only in small quantities.

When I was little we had a neighborhood pool. I used to love the pool until one day I was showing my friends that I had learned how to do a forward flip under water. While I was doing the flip one of my "friends" thought it would be funny to put her hand on my head and push me down. That one incident terrified me so much that I have been very uncomfortable in water ever since. I never spoke to that girl again after that.

Cat is begging for breakfast. I'll feed him and then I guess I should go ahead and get up and get the day started. The contractor will be here in about 2 hours.
I saved all of DDs swimming certificates and patches too!!

Messing around in the water is Not funny. There is a difference between fun play, and being a downright jerk! Something I never tolerated when I was a lifeguard. Sorry that happened to you.....it leaves lasting fear...

Ah, up early to a quiet house and big screen watching. And since house feels cool, a big cup of tea for me, as also decided kitchen needs to be warm, so made some chocolate chip cookies. Just warm from oven, and of course, had to sample. When the kids see them, I’m sure they will not last.

Super sized Saturday, homies.

View attachment 613544 YES!!!!
Ooooh, morning chocolate chip cookies!!

DH would go out of his mind if he woke up to warm cc cookies----something I've never done. Maybe I should surprise him someday.

other than watching the temperature tank in real time today:crazy2:, plan on doing much about nothing until heading up to one of the local haunts with family. Going to grab pizzas & hoagies & convene at my youngest DS’s house prior to nosh, then head out en masse. GD has ‘a gig’ working as a scareactor in a local haunt…I love it…my work here is done.:cloud9:

It’s A rather unique one. They have an outdoor portion in the woods but, the main even is held in a coal mine that is now used for educational purposes. Should be good, ghoulish fun.:banana:

carole - that incident is horrifying. before they instituted safety rules for public/hotel pools, far too many really unfortunately drain issues.

Lol, it’s a bit of a cult thing going back decades. Had a resurgence with the hipsters with the release of this classic:hippie:

View attachment 613568

makes perfect sense to me, enjoy That worm planted in my brain equates to a now a 50-50 chance I may make cookies today

Little sliders go down easy :). haven’t had in ages as the nearest one to me is located in middle of O-hi-O. They sell them frozen in some stores but, not the same.

my boys treasured those patches, all were so excited by the idea of being able to swim all winter long, eagerly kept signing up for next class. :) Had to laugh as to how things did change a bit in the process when I took my GD when she was a tot…no longer using the empty gallon milk cartons for the earliest classes
Sounds like a fun weekend for the Keisha family! Good luck to your GD!! Hope she has a great experience!

A very lazy morning....finishing my cuppa coffee and will get ready for the gym. Then I'll walk the dogs, and make sure the cat is set for our overnight away. She stays home since she gets terribly car sick...

I'll organize what I need to bring along to the lake house, and pack my bag. DH said he will be home between 1-2pm today.

Have a Happy Sweetest Day!!

View attachment 613568

Lucky gal!!! She`ll have a ton of fun doing that....yes, your work is indeed done, have a fabulous time and food sounds so good!!!

Yes, it was the 1970`s so I guess safety wasn`t exactly high priority, but it was a brand new complex, so should have had no issues. School never even bothered letting my parents know.....I was still breathing so no problems....lol. There would be a whole bunch of craziness now if it happened today.

Lori......have a lovely weekend away.......sounds like a fun time!!

Chinese takeout tonight for us, looking forward to that.......much as though I love cooking, I do like the odd night off........

Not going out tonight, decided to stay home and watch a movie.

Been such a quick day, glad to be in though as it`s quite cold outside......winter is close!

Shhhh, not ready for the Winter yet, Schumi.

Nary a sound from either kid. Got hungry, so a bacon and egg and cheese on toast. Guess when they get up, they will be hungry, and not me. Eh, we have a well enough stocked kitchen, so they can make whatever they find to cook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter